• Breaking News

    Monday, November 30, 2020

    The Last of Us | Girlfriend took me on a Last of Us 2 road trip in Cali-Santa Barbara to Catalina Island.

    The Last of Us | Girlfriend took me on a Last of Us 2 road trip in Cali-Santa Barbara to Catalina Island.


    Girlfriend took me on a Last of Us 2 road trip in Cali-Santa Barbara to Catalina Island.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 02:57 PM PST

    Finally got some time to use the PS5 and this is the first game I'm playing ;)

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 03:13 AM PST

    A Clicker Miniature I sculpted and painted

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 09:16 AM PST

    Almost completed Joel's older model in Part 1, still some work on the face and eyes required

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 08:40 AM PST

    Here is a Poster I created for The Last of Us Tv Series. Thoughts?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 01:52 PM PST

    I finally beat TLOU2 for the first time. I have ignored all reviews and opinions until I beat it. Here is one dudes unbiased thoughts. SPOILERS.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 08:10 AM PST

    First let me say, the first Last Of Us is one of my favorite games of all time. Top 5 for sure. And The Last Of Us Part 2 was the most hyped I've EVER been for a new game.

    When I first started playing The Last Of Us Part 2, I was all in. I was loving the set up. The snow segment in Jackson I thought was very good.

    Then the death happened...

    SPOILERS

    Joel died.

    And... I did not hate it. I think it was ballsy. I think how brutal he died was ballsy. I think narratively, it was the right move. That did not bother me at all.

    It made me hooked even more.

    Now let's fast forward to Ellie Day 1.

    All of Ellie Day 1 I liked. However, by the end of the day I was already starting to feel I little disappointed. But I convinced myself it would get better. After all, I think all of Boston in the first game is sort of a drag compared to the rest.

    But I think day 1 is still the best day of Ellie's campaign, and the most memorable segment of her campaign.

    Then all of Day 2 and 3 I thought DRAGGED sooooo bad.

    I'm sorry, but the game was just so boring to play. It came down to, loot, loot loot. Then section of either zombies or WLF to fight stealthy or actiony.

    Then, loot loot loot. Section of combat. Loot, loot, loot section of combat.

    It got so boring so fast.

    The first Last Of Us had much more memorable moments and more ways to change things up so it never felt like it dragged.

    I'm going to bed honest, midway through Ellie Day 3, I was praying the game would end soon. I was so done with how boring it was.

    But with all of that being said, I thought the story moments were beautiful. I just wish there was more.

    It felt really good jelly spread over waaaaay too much stale bread. (The good jelly being the story moments, the stale bread being the gameplay.)

    Now, let me talk about the next part.

    ABBY...

    I'm just going to say it, and please don't hate me.

    I enjoyed Abby's campaign more. A lot more.

    It had a lot more memorable moments, funner set pieces, and I felt so much for her by the end.

    Abby day 3 was fucking beautiful and my favorite part of the game.

    I'm not saying I like Abby's character more (even I thought I may when I really sit down and think about it) but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy her campaign more.

    Overall, I feel so much mixed emotions on this game.

    On one hand, it's the most disappointing game I've ever played in terms of how boring it got for so long. Then on the other hand, I think the story was a beautiful work of art.

    submitted by /u/Prince_Targaryen
    [link] [comments]

    I think Brie would be perfect as Abby

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 03:14 PM PST

    It's weird. When I played as Joel I viewed Ellie as a daughter. But since I was 8 (that was when I started playing The Last of Us) I lowkey had a crush on Ellie. I still do! Also am loving my Ellie plush! I always take her to bed!��

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 12:32 PM PST

    To all those that didn’t like the opening events to the Last of Us 2.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 11:39 PM PST

    I've seen a lot of hate on Joel's death about it not being up to standards of what can kill Joel. Up until we see him again in the second game, he's a rhino. Nothing takes him down or stops him. Anything that gets in his way loses. But then he dies to an early twenties girl with a golf club.

    While I didn't mind Joel's death, I was kinda annoyed by how easy it was to kill him. That is until I saw Troy baker talking about it. It completely changed my perspective on it.

    He talks about it right off the bat in this video.

    https://youtu.be/S4wWe0vBQqM

    I highly suggest you watch it.

    submitted by /u/JackAce91
    [link] [comments]

    Some more amazing art by @IconicNephilim

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 12:11 AM PST

    COVID got me good so I'm selling alot of my personal collection, sealed and brand new to a good home!

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 10:10 PM PST

    Spoiler: Character's possible fate in Part 3.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 09:06 PM PST

    Last chance if you haven't finished TLOU Part 2.

    Abby's journey from vengeful murderer to redeemed hero was one of the most surprising and most needed character arcs in modern gaming. Any player has always had no issue acting as the hero, and being pointed in the general direction of the presumed bane of their existence in game, but what Naughty Dog accomplished with Abby is nothing short of a therapeutic breakthrough that basically held our hands through what the process of forgiveness and moving forward is like, and how it can go wrong.

    Most surprisingly, we watched how the "villain" Abby, almost completely transformed into the very person that Joel had become by the end of game one. This is not only reinforced by how she's completely alone aside from her teenage charge in Lev, but how she symbolically was reborn. In TLOU 1 Joel faces microisms of the evils he himself committed during his 20 year struggle for survival. Culminating in him facing his past, and having to save Ellie after they both nearly drowned. By contrast Abby faces this same situation twice by the end of her campaign, and in Santa Barbara. Not to mention her 3 day experience fighting in the Seattle QZ warzone which she took part in for almost 5 years.

    Being submerged or wet by water profusely is symbolic of baptism in media, and both Joel and Abby inadvertently meet this criteria through their adventures. The first time Abby encountered that was on Day 1 when she marched through the rain to find Owen, but by that time she hadn't truly started her penance, then when we see her at the conclusion in Santa Barbara Ellie nearly drowns Abby before deciding to spare her. Abby had even been crucified moments before which is also indicative of a martyr character like Jesus who suffered for the sins of man.

    Because of these vast similarities in her and Joel's journey it now only makes sense that Abby will eventually meet the same end as Joel. Like Joel, Abby made a huge statement to her former Allies in the WLF, having not only disobeyed orders, but directly being involved in the murder of Isaac and several soldiers. This mirrors how Joel directly and inadvertently decapitated the Firefly leadership when he likes Jerry and Marlene. We know for a fact that Abby was famous within the organization, and that it had thousands of members throughout Seattle. Meaning those survivors of the failed Scar Island assault will most certainly inform the rest of the group what happened.

    This leads us into Part 3 where Abby seemingly continues her walk on Joel's path. Having found a place where she can continue looking out for Lev while rejoining her Firefly family, Abby will find peace for a time until WLF remnants show up at her door to continue the cycle of violence that she initiated. So even if Ellie has elected to move on it's likely that Abby's act of contrition for killing Joel, saving the Scar children, has sealed her fate.

    submitted by /u/mbattagl
    [link] [comments]

    Took this on the Photo mode. Love it!

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 07:30 PM PST

    Decided to add a track from the first game into this iconic scene from the second and I think it works way better. Let me know what you think!

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 03:59 PM PST

    How many times have you completed each game?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 02:12 PM PST

    Personally I have 5 on part 1 and 3 for part 2

    submitted by /u/GildishChambin0
    [link] [comments]

    Why won't Tommy follow me through the alley in the beginning of the game?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 04:48 PM PST

    I'm playing on grounded difficulty and watched a playthrough of someone else playing on grounded difficulty and they had no problem with Tommy shooting the zombie (I think that's what it is, I know nothing about this game) and then leaving the alley afterwards.

    submitted by /u/fuckspinelly
    [link] [comments]

    Made a music video to celebrate the release of Part 2 and the newest album by my favorite band! Check it out and let me know what you think! THE VIDEO CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS!!

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 10:27 PM PST

    Before I post to Ebay etc, would anyone on here like to buy a PS4 Pro TLOU Edition?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 11:06 AM PST

    I don't have the game with it anymore, or the original box. Includes the console (like new) and Controller (stick drift, but otherwise good)

    submitted by /u/Gunter_Putin1172
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILER] Question about the story

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 12:01 PM PST

    I've recently finished Part II for the first time and there is a question that's been on my mind regarding a certain part of the story. So you know how at the end of Ellie's Day 2 you see a flashback from a year before in which Ellie goes to the Fireflies hospital and discovers the truth about the vaccine, and then Joel confesses to her ? When I saw this cutscene pop up in the middle of the game my reaction was : « What ? So she knew all along ? » because Joel's secret is kind of the cliffhanger that ended the first game and I was really wondering how they would resolve this problem, like if Joel dies, how will she learn the truth ? And if she does, will it change her motivations in her quest for revenge ? Those were the questions I was asking myself before playing the game but then when I learned mid-game that in fact she knew what Joel did since the beginning, I didn't really know how to feel about it.

    I've talked with friends who played the game as well and they told me « Well you see, Ellie is angry at Joel at the beginning of the game and you don't really know why but you kind of suspect that she discovered the truth, seeing how she's angry at him and all, so when you get the flashback mid-game, it's not that surprising, it just confirms the suspicions ». The thing is, I didn't really suspect anything because I think the game didn't give enough clues so that's why I was so surprised when I saw the flashback. Like sure you hear about how Ellie was angry at Joel at the party the night before but it just sounds like a minor argument, there isn't really any clue about the fact that she hasn't been talking to Joel for a whole year. Anyway, I'd love to hear your thoughts on that : do you think we are supposed to guess early on that Joel told Ellie the truth and if so, why does the flashback only appear after Day 2 ?

    TL;DR : What was your reaction when you learned mid-game that Joel had in fact told Ellie the truth and that she therefore knew all along ? OR, Had you already guessed it and if so, when and how ?

    Sorry my English isn't perfect, have a nice day y'all !

    submitted by /u/BigWhiteSofa
    [link] [comments]

    I know this is wildly early, but does anyone know if anyone has said anything about a part 3?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 11:15 AM PST

    I know it was a few years before we got confirmation on part 2, but I figured I'd ask.

    submitted by /u/Dawgboy1976
    [link] [comments]

    The ENTIRE Story Explained IN 1 MINUTE!

    Posted: 29 Nov 2020 08:48 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment