• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 9, 2021

    The Last of Us | New set photos from the Boston QZ (TLOU HBO Show)

    The Last of Us | New set photos from the Boston QZ (TLOU HBO Show)


    New set photos from the Boston QZ (TLOU HBO Show)

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 01:05 PM PDT

    Astronaut Ellie Credits: le_rox on IG

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 06:57 PM PDT

    My TLOU shrine (sort of)

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 12:26 PM PDT

    Is the negative backlash for TLOU2 mostly a result of false expectations and excessive anticipation?

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 09:21 AM PDT

    So, I wanted to gather some opinions, maybe yours or also of people you know.

    My question is born from a previous experience with another game series. Although very, very, very different and on a much smaller scale, it was one of the situations where long time fans REALLY craved the ending of a trilogy and it was somewhat of a disappointment in the end.

    The series in that case was the Zero Escape trilogy (please play it, it's fantastic). While the first game was mostly contained, the second one really set the stage for the conclusion. The series was in development hell and fans (me included) spent a ton of time theorizing, imagining, answering unanswerable questions.

    The third game came out and a lot of people were kinda pissed. As I said, it wasn't a really big community (it still isn't), but I really felt that the build up to that sequel in some ways hurt the opinion of fans and it became a meme fest. Me? I found it fine, but definitely a step back. It had glaring problems, mainly regarding budget.

    It's now been 5 years and I see a lot of people that just get into ZE as a complete trilogy and enjoy everything. Very few come back and complain about the third part, most people admit it's not as tight as the first two games and really enjoy the ride.

    So, did the same happen with TLOU2?

    I am a long time fan, played the first game back in 2013, avoided spoilers and played Part 2 last year. I really enjoyed it, although I still like Part 1 more.

    I saw some people getting into TLOU recently and I didn't see anyone really being disappointed in Part 2. Of course it makes some bold choices and many of them are bound to cause controversy even with newcomers, but I feel that people that didn't spend 8 years making wild fantasies about a potential sequel are definitely happier with Part 2 and see a lot less to hate.

    What do you think? Do you know anyone who played the games back to back and despised Part 2?

    submitted by /u/PurplMaster
    [link] [comments]

    ��Admiring the apocalyptic world��

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 03:45 AM PDT

    Too bad we didn't get to see this trio in action

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 11:55 AM PDT

    my own fanart I’ve done so far! colored pencil study of one of my favorite scenes and a firefly patch I made myself

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 12:23 PM PDT

    Finished playing TLOU 2

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 08:23 AM PDT

    I can't believe I've finished the game. It was just a couple of days ago that I was asking if buying the game is worth it and it is!

    I've never been so emotionally attached to a game before and the ending literally made me cry. Joel is my favorite character and that ending scene with Ellie made me so sad.

    Honestly, I felt like I watched a tv show. The story is so good. I specifically love how they wrote Abby and Ellie's story. You can clearly see how everything affected both of them emotionally. Of course, I did hate Abby but in the end, I didn't want her to die. I just want both Ellie and Abby to stop fighting.

    And the menu screen actually changes when you finish the game. It's pretty cool.

    But now, I don't know what to play anymore. XD

    Anyone want to share their thoughts?

    submitted by /u/cathrainv
    [link] [comments]

    Can you even tell if this is a game?

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 10:22 PM PDT

    This is cracking me up so I wanted to share!

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 05:21 PM PDT

    Tommy's demand from Ellie

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 11:43 AM PDT

    When Ellie is living a beautiful life most people would kill for, Tommy comes in and starts guilt tripping Ellie into going after Abby for a second time. All the way in fucking Santa Barbara nonetheless, another suicide mission basically. I felt this was somewhat out of place for him, since he was the one who in the beginning of the game resisted to go after Abby in the first place! I mean, Tommy is Joel's brother and Joel never would have wanted Ellie to throw that opportunity at a wonderful life away for a revenge/suicide mission all the way in Santa Barbara

    submitted by /u/catwiththebell
    [link] [comments]

    Manny… you okay bro?

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 06:19 PM PDT

    This poster wall in my room...

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 03:24 AM PDT

    I wish the game had a Horde mode

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 01:26 AM PDT

    I've played some games, especially days gone with horde mode, and I catch myself replaying the encounters in tlou part 2 every so often, because mechanics are too much fun to wait for factions to release.

    So I just wish the would've been a horde mode so that I can endlessly fight and stuff.

    That was my Ted talk, thanks for listening.

    submitted by /u/Crushmedavid
    [link] [comments]

    The last one

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 07:20 PM PDT

    I'm playing through the first game, and its SO GOOD

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 09:33 PM PDT

    On mobile so I'll keep this brief. I dont usually enjoy single player games, but i heard good things about TLOU, and I've been amazed so far 😎 its soooooo good. And Joel? My guy has changed so much! I just got to the beginning of spring. He's calling Ellie kiddo. That's a huge improvement from where they started. Man idk how i missed this gem for so long, but I'm glad i finally found it! I think he said we're headed to a hospital next, so maybe its time to make that cure? You know, the one they set out to make at the veeeeery beginning? It feels like a lifetime ago lol.

    submitted by /u/BaddestofUsernames
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished TLOU2! Here are some of my brief thoughts:

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 08:59 PM PDT

    I posted a comment a while back about how I was playing this game here, and someone asked for my thoughts after I finished so here they are. So first off it needs to be said that this games story definitely isn't flawless, but it's also nowhere near as bad as I hears and knew from spoilers beforehand. Going into this, I knew details about the story but hadn't experienced it myself fully.

    I can say confidently now that the story is... actually pretty good? I don't really get what people were so mad about. Now, I do think it has problems. The biggest problem imo is pacing, and timeline of events. I think if they had paced things differently and rearranged how we experience the story, it might be much better.

    All of this is not to say it's a bad story, just not flawless. So yeah, I can understand those complaints. But what I can't understand is the people who said it was bad because Ellie spares Abby. Were we playing the same game? Playing as Abby, I understood her more and came to care about her and Lev quite a lot. I cared about Ellie too, equally. It was gut wrenching to force them both to fight, and it's a feeling I've never had in a video game except for A Way Out.

    I fully understood why Ellie chose to spare Abby, after all the torment both of them had gone through. It doesn't matter who shot the first bullet, at that point it had reached a point beyond mattering. Abby fueled the cycle by killing Joel, and Ellie decided to chase after her thus continuing it and pushing her and her own relationships through hell.

    There are a lot of arguments I've seen against the story in this respect, and while I think it's a bit heavy handed with the message, it's still not bad. The message would be helped with aforementioned pacing changes, and timeline of event changes imo, but it's still pretty good. Like I kind of wanted the story to follow Abby from the beginning, leading up to Joel's death. I think her appearance felt jarring because it came out of nowhere. But I definitely grew to understand both Ellie and Abby were extremely flawed and cared about them.

    So yeah I'm just watching the credits now writing my thoughts down. Definitely not going to forget this experience. It's a flawed tale but carries with it far more good than bad.

    Really solid game, loved it. Thanks for reading, no hate comments please but I'd love to discuss

    submitted by /u/AbstractMirror
    [link] [comments]

    Music cue differences -Ellie and Abby music choices

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 08:31 PM PDT

    Apologies if this is previously posted (sure it is) but I can't get over the small differences TLOU2 includes between both protagonists gameplay segments. Combat aside, the music cuts seem to be different as well, and to significant effect.

    From memory. The Ellie segments tend to follow the acoustic guitar theme from trailers and story reference, while Abby segments run the guitar through a softer pedal effect, especially at the end of a chapter that resolves a momentary issue.

    Can anyone confirm or deny it? It seems like the raw sound of the acoustic guitar of banjo were used for Ellie Seattle days while softer effects were used on Abby.

    Apologies if this has previously been discussed or explained. The sheer violence put me off for a few months and I've just come back to it as a huge fan of 1.

    Thanks and take care.

    submitted by /u/Chiggadup
    [link] [comments]

    The Last of Us 2 | A Great Sequel (Video Essay)

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 12:03 PM PDT

    Did Jesse think Joel was Ellie’s biological father ?

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 05:16 PM PDT

    Unimportant detail since for all intents and purposes Joel and Ellie had a father/daughter kind of relationship, but just speculating on what the rest of Jackson might of thought. In the barn dance flashback, Jesse refers to Joel as "your old man", and Ellie just goes along with it. Obvs this would exclude Tommy and Maria and maybe a few others.

    submitted by /u/gwendolynjones
    [link] [comments]

    Strategies for stalkers?

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 10:04 AM PDT

    Luckily I play on normal or hard usually so I save up my supplies.

    But I always get caught by them and then boom I just have to use Molotovs or something

    They're so scary man

    submitted by /u/St_IdesHell
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment