• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 18, 2021

    The Last of Us | The Last of Us HBO has a million-dollar budget per episode, and is Canada's biggest filming project

    The Last of Us | The Last of Us HBO has a million-dollar budget per episode, and is Canada's biggest filming project


    The Last of Us HBO has a million-dollar budget per episode, and is Canada's biggest filming project

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 09:16 AM PDT

    I'm on my 4th playthrough and just now noticed this.

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 02:20 PM PDT

    Got Ellie’s Tattoo last week but with a Twist

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 05:56 AM PDT

    Ellie's penultimate moment - Midori Hsiao Art

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 09:46 PM PDT

    Does anyone just feel like a bad person when playing this game?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 11:01 AM PDT

    Like Im playing this thinking everything Im doing is just wrong lol there was the part where youre evading the WLF thru houses before you see that Jesse followed you. So i didnt want to kill the doggos cause id feel bad so im like fuck it ill just kill the handler cause bad guy....THE FUCKING DOG STARTS CRYING AND WHIMPERING AND NUDGING THE DEAD BODY TO GET UP!!!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!! So it made me think....are these WLF people even the bad guys? Am I the bad guy because if the dog has affection for the person then they treated the dog well and how could I just indiscriminately kill a bunch of people that also treat dogs good? Im almost at the hospital now so idk how much longer im going to last lol the game is just emotionally depressing.

    submitted by /u/xSSx-SPECTER
    [link] [comments]

    I just bought the artbook of tlou2 and I LOVE IT!

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 07:57 AM PDT

    Would Abby still...

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 11:38 PM PDT

    Torture Joel if he didn't provoke Abby? I think Abby would just kill him there.

    "Why don't you say whatever speech you've got rehearsed and get this over with" - Joel

    He did not care if she killed him. He refused to care who Abby is. He just wanted this over quickly.

    Abby was like fuck you I wasted years of my life to find and kill you. I'm not gonna give in to your demands for a quick death after you refused to care to know how you've wronged me.

    submitted by /u/razeric_
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think is next, if the developers were to develop something else

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 04:43 PM PDT

    Please choose one

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/ze_epic_gamer
    [link] [comments]

    Spoilers: Would the Last of Us part 2 been less controversial if the game gave the player the option to kill or spare a certain character at the end?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 02:36 PM PDT

    I can't say the characters name in the title since I'm not sure how many have not play the Last of Us part 2( go play it already) despite being out for a year, but again if you haven't then what is wrong with you. Okay jokes aside, the most controversial and most talked about part of the game is the ending fight between Ellie and Abby as, the story does not give a definite answer as to exactly why ellie spears abby and most of the answers giving from players are left up to interpretation. I've hear both arguments from fans and detractors and I feel both bring up some valid point such as ellie spearing abby making her entire revenge quest pointless ( a typical unpopular trope in media where the hero slaughters many nameless goons but spears the big bad because of some pretentious diatribe of wanting to be better than them) , or her spearing abby as a way to finally heal and realize even if she kills abby or not, she'll never find peace ( at least that what I think the argument was). But would your opinions be if the game gave players the options to choose abby's fate and what would actually come out of it if it existed?

    submitted by /u/TONTTONCLUB
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations for similarly queer-friendly games?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 10:41 PM PDT

    I love that there are gay, bi, and trans characters in these games, and thats it's almost treated like no thang. The writers are cheaply using these characters like tokens as some games do, but really being genuine and real about it. It's so rare. The only other game I've played where it's done in this way was Gone Home, and I really liked that too. Keen to play other games that are like, tastefully and non-offensively queer-friendly like these games.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/sliceofpecanpie
    [link] [comments]

    I always loved the tv station encounter ��

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 09:30 PM PDT

    What is the best "cinematic" playthrough thing that I can show to someone who has no interest in gameplay?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 06:36 PM PDT

    You know, the walkthrough videos where people play very cinematically and cut out unnecessary parts. Ideally from the remastered version,

    I want to show my wife the full series in as efficient way as I can with only the important gameplay clips included if that makes sense.

    I could watch through some on YouTube to try and find the best one, but I thought maybe you fellas would have a good recc! Thank you!

    Leaning towards this one.

    submitted by /u/easyhopper
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone just go full "John Wick" on their second playthrough?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 04:56 AM PDT

    I've played Part I around 10 - 12 to completion, I love that game and replaying was always a blast. Everytime I always took the stealth approach when possible.

    Part II my first playthrough was the same playstyle but on my second run it was a collectables clean up run. Game didn't click the same way Part I did for me so I got impatient and just stated blasting through encounters and Holy shit, the game became a different beast altogether.

    Survivor+, full on gunplay and no stealth was some of the most intense and fun I've had in a long time with a game. Dodging, diving and really feeling each missed shot had the adrenaline pumping.

    Honestly think I'm going to re-install soon and give the new 60fps patch a bash.

    submitted by /u/Sonnyboy1990
    [link] [comments]

    Farm metaphor?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 02:38 PM PDT

    So i noticed that when you're at the farm with Dina and JJ, Ellie's "art room" has two chairs and a table with a plant growing right between them. Though when you reach the final farm chapter one chair is gone and the plant is long dead. Maybe the plant could be a metaphor for Ellie's and Dina's relationship or the life they had together and how it was ruined with Ellies decision to leave, and the chair standing in the room could be Ellie that is also standing alone in the empty farm, forced to see the life she left behind. I don't know if I'm reading too much into it but nevertheless I thought it was a nice detail

    submitted by /u/thebrickfckingmaster
    [link] [comments]

    Rambling about tlou1/2

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 09:44 PM PDT

    Ok guys, just finished tlou2 and I'm devastated. It's so intense, with so many complexities... I'm sure that the game allows lots of interpretations. I mean... what's the central point of the history? Vendeange? Traumas? Relationship? Of course some these elements can appear in lots of productions.. but I've never seen a game/show that work essential things so deeply. And not just in history. The final fight scene, when ellie are trying to stab abby, I didn't fucking know what to do ( but I think that would be nice alternate the gameplay from ellie to abby during the fight - once abby it's a such important character as ellie), I didn't know if I was trying to push de knife or pulling out of my chest. Then, ellie keep staring what she found on the end of the vengeance journey: nothing. So, I think that there's so many to talk about, and trade perceptions, that we should make this a good thread

    submitted by /u/HAL9-000
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t believe all of this happened Day 1 of streaming, this game is too fun ����

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 07:46 PM PDT

    Anyone know how to fix Ellie's journal pages vanishing? TLOU2

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 01:09 PM PDT

    The journal pages that I got after arriving in Seattle have completely vanished, I can't go back to an old save as I don't have a manual one before the glitch. I've tried to contact naughty dog and got no response, can't even find where to send in a support ticket. Has anyone had this problem and managed to fix it or am I just screwed?

    submitted by /u/knockknockitsgod
    [link] [comments]

    Shimmer horse

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 10:13 PM PDT

    What type of breed is shimmer? I can't find it anywhere

    submitted by /u/nickmatrix
    [link] [comments]

    Replayability of New Game + (TLOU2)

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 02:09 PM PDT

    Apologies if this has been asked and answered before, but I can't find a definitive answer anywhere!

    If I were to complete new game + and get more weapons upgrades, skill upgrades, etc. Would I then be able to start a playthrough off of that same file and complete the game for a third time? In other games this would be the equivalent to NG ++, but I'm hoping in this case it works the same even if it's always listed as NG+. I ask because I'd like to play the game with all upgrades.

    submitted by /u/Itzmin-
    [link] [comments]

    Dumb Question

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 12:21 PM PDT

    So I'm currently playing days gone and definitely think I'm gonna get last of us but do I need to play the first one (first) or can I play the second one without playing the first

    submitted by /u/VioletaRT_
    [link] [comments]

    Finished PT2 for the first time. This is my only complaint about the story.

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 07:42 AM PDT

    Obviously spoilers ahead.

    It's not the fact that Ellie doesn't get revenge (I personally think that Abby got punished enough by having all of her friends murdered in horrendous ways) or the fact that Joel died, or the narrative trying to turn Abby's crew into good people.

    It's the fucking seraphites. What the fuck? They won, they actually won. The murderous, zealous cult who likes to hang and disembowel people for shits and giggles all while talking about "feeling her love" actually won. This even has more implications for the game world, since they're now probably on the way to become one of the biggest, if not the biggest faction in the US. I could totally see them expanding and turning everyone into one of them (or disemboweling them).

    The worst is that due to their zeal, they're obviously going to be running their mouth about how they survived and won because of their prophet "oh yeah, the prophet saved us! We're the chosen ones!".

    Some people say "oh but their island was destroyed and a lot of them were killed!" which is a non argument because their villages were all just wooden shacks, they can be easily rebuilt, and the fuckers must breed like rabbits so their losses are not a problem.

    And even Yara and Lev, instead of having them realize that the cult is bullshit and abandon their beliefs, they still remain staunch believers. It's almost like the writers were actually rooting for the seraphites from the start.

    submitted by /u/grandPhdas
    [link] [comments]

    LAST OF US ��

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 03:30 AM PDT

    Just finished playing last of us and damn it is so good.

    Initially I felt this game was not good because I was not accustomed to this kind of linear game with no freedom unlike other open world game. But as I progressed through the game, I understood why it is said to be one of the greatest game ever made.

    The emotional moments, character development and the music are soo good that I felt as if I am really in that world.

    At first I was little bit scared whether I can tackle these infected using crafting and resources but after playing I got used to it.

    But I gotta say, the human enemies were much more scary than infected.

    Finally I loved the ending because I felt a sense of relief knowing Ellie is safe and bot Ellie and Joel can live happily in that town. But this game is one hell of an experience in my life. And I am glad that I bought PS4 and was able to play this beautiful game.

    submitted by /u/Complex-Commission-2
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment