• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 21, 2021

    The Last of Us | Jeffrey Pierce (Tommy in the games) has shared his thoughts regarding the scripts for the HBO show

    The Last of Us | Jeffrey Pierce (Tommy in the games) has shared his thoughts regarding the scripts for the HBO show


    Jeffrey Pierce (Tommy in the games) has shared his thoughts regarding the scripts for the HBO show

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 03:27 PM PDT

    Always felt like these scenes mirrored each other

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 09:08 AM PDT

    WIP ballpoint pen art of Joel and Ellie.��

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 04:16 AM PDT

    Unpopular opinion: I genuinely liked TLOU2's ending

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 05:25 AM PDT

    Finally finished TLOU Part Two. The ending was good, at least for me. And I love TLOU Part Two for its ending.

    This is going to be an unpopular opinion.

    When Ellie is grabbing Abby's throat and drowning her, I keep screaming inside "Ellie, no, no. Let go. You won't be able to come back from this. For your own sake, let her go!"

    I understand Abby killed Joel brutally. I am furious too at the beginning of the game. Yet a little part of me kept thinking "Joel, what you are doing is wrong... Stop.." when I am playing the last chapter of Part One. Back then, I'd feared there will be repercussions for his actions. Yes he did it out of love for Ellie and fear of losing his little girl, again. I understand all that, I truly do. But, that massacre of the Fireflies isn't going to be go unnoticed and unpunished. Not saying I like it, but I understand the consequences.

    With this in mind, Ellie is about to do the same to Abby. She's definitely going to spare Lev, since he is not part of her revenge quest. Then Lev will hunt Ellie down and perhaps go around murdering Ellie's loved ones...and the vicious cycle continues endlessly.

    Oh man, I'm so going to be down voted for this.

    But, as painfully as it is to admit, I think Abby keeps a clearer head in exacting her revenge. She knows to spare Ellie after killing Joel, because she is not part of it. She also spared Dina at the theater, after Lev called Abby once, and she put down her blood lust. Both of these actions impressed me alot. I'm not sure if I would be able to do this. I'm not sure if I would be so rational. Abby has given me an impression that she is not a crazed killer, but rather avenging her father is her sole goal.

    Simply put, I observed Abby to be more emotionally well-adjusted. And I want the same for Ellie.

    The fact that she also spared Abby in Santa Barbara, gives me confidence that Ellie rose above her rageful hate and obsession with revenge. Her emotional intelligence is now on par, if not better, with Abby now. And I am genuinely relief and happy for her.

    Edit: amended Lev's pronoun to "he'

    submitted by /u/Night9009
    [link] [comments]

    A Polaroid picture I got from MadeInHeavenGaming on Etsy.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 11:20 AM PDT

    Feelin like a kid again�������� apparently it's costing 1 mil per episode���� hbo goin all out

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 01:42 PM PDT

    A friend gave me this poster.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 04:51 PM PDT

    (Spoilers)Think I'm ready to confess.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 06:16 PM PDT

    I've played through pt. II about 4 times now and umm. Abby is my favorite character of all time and I think she's the true hero of the story and will fight everyone on this sub on the subject. Her cause is 1000 percent more compelling than Ellie's and I will argue that Ellie is the true antagonist of the second game's story.

    submitted by /u/KingleyBubbles
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished both games for the very first time

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 03:49 PM PDT

    I am super late to the party but I have to say this game is incredible. I'm sitting here at the credits are rolling just thinking about the time I put into these two games and the attachment I had to the characters. I was almost in tears when Joel was killed in the beginning of TLOU2, throughout the game I was more on Abbys side, during her gameplay I've become empathic to Abby. I kept thinking once her and Ellie were reunited I was going to have to pick one to kill, with my mind already made up to kill Ellie and let Abby live. With the game just ending I have so many questions why the writers of this game took this route. Part 3????? Please let me know your ideas, your journey through this awesome game and if your team Ellie or Abby! Thanks friends!

    submitted by /u/LizDoc215
    [link] [comments]

    Smoke Bomb is OP

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 09:18 PM PDT

    doesn't matter who held the club

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 01:57 PM PDT

    There's a dialogue in day one dina says: (leah did't hurt joel. It would've been fucked up to make her talk)

    and ellie says: (they traveled hundred of miles to kill joel. doesn't matter who held the club). and then ellie tortured nora

    But next day after she found out where abby is, you can see in her journal she wrote: ( where are the rest of them? Do they matter if i get abby? NO)

    How just a day before, ellie said they're all same and she even tortured nora because of that. But next day she says "rest of them does't matter"

    My take was maybe because dina is sick and ellie just want to go home after killing abby. But it can't be. Because ellie was so addicted to get revenge and she didn't care about her friends.

    What do you guys think about this??

    submitted by /u/unfknown0
    [link] [comments]

    We all have it comin, Kid

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 08:45 AM PDT

    HBO's The Last of Us May Have a Higher Budget than 'Game of Thrones' - Cinemablind

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 06:59 PM PDT

    Rare interview with Patrick Fugit (Owen) about TLOU2

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 08:58 AM PDT

    ey boat u alright?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 08:04 AM PDT

    Let's goo!����

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 07:40 PM PDT

    Found myself preferring 30fps mode

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 07:51 PM PDT

    Prob get down voted for this but while the 60fps mode on ps5 is great, I felt myself preferring 30fps most of the time. It just looks better... I'm sure it's to do with 30fps being more cinematic (and what game is more cinematic than LOU) and also it looked prettier somehow, with more detail. I did switch to 60fps for some combat parts but overall finished the game on 30.

    submitted by /u/dhdhk
    [link] [comments]

    so apparently i sent this to my mom while i was drunk and playing TLOU, and thought it was funny to post here

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 07:33 PM PDT

    (my complaining about some parts is not meant as literal complaints i was just drunk talking outta my ass 😂)

    "you know i was playing Last Of Us and thought, uhg i fucking love the monkeys on this campus, i ransak the last building there i am finding out blah blah the fireflies left the Uni boe hoe but then it clicks in my head that this isn't actually the last firefly place in the game (i don't know why but i was so convinced the Uni led into the hospital? uhm no wtf?) and it clicks in my head just as Joel is about to get absolutely fucked by that rebar and that i'm going to have to deal with fucking David in 10 minutes after Joel is done stumbling across the entrance? of the Uni and not only am i gonna have to deal with David and his creepy ass friend asking me for my damn deer in the middle of winter, (though honestly i would've just given him the deer and ran away because wtf have you seen David's face? screw the deer) i'm gonna have to stomp my way through his canibal town in a snow storm. ohyeah, and then relive my trauma of playing through the restaurant part which oh my god i'd rather kiss a literal foot than have to feel that terror for like the 4th time because i love this game."

    anyways, i hope you thought my drunk rant was funny, my mom sure did and pestered me relentlessly when i sobered up.. hope you had a good laugh :)

    ps, uhm can we all agree that David fucking sucked? still get literal second hand ptsd when i see a restaurant that's even slightly similar in any possible way :,)

    submitted by /u/yarofmayuhnaise
    [link] [comments]

    My thoughts.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 09:02 PM PDT

    I don't think their would be that much of controversy and outcry from the gamers if it was ellie who died instead of joel.They will say it was their dynamic that makes the game special but after going down the rabbit hole in countless discussion, it was only joel that matters in the end.Ellie is always in the shadow of joel and if hopefully their is a part 3 in the future, I don't want a trace of joel in it.Just ellie and possibly abby doing their own business leaving the past behind.

    submitted by /u/Club_Late
    [link] [comments]

    I love the infected in Part 2

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 11:26 AM PDT

    Hey guys!

    So I made a post the other day about how I finally bought part 2. It came in the mail yesterday and I am in Seattle Day 1 doing some exploring before I go into the courthouse. I'm playing on moderate BTW.

    Anyway, I'm making this post because I wanted to comment on and commend naughty dog for how they designed the infected.

    Holy crap, is it me or are encounters (even stealth encounters) just so much more anxious than Part 1??? I mean geez!!! And the way that they improved the audio!!! Even if it's just 2 infected in an area the audio makes it sound like they are all around me so I constantly have to be on edge and aware of my surrounding.

    And their overall behavior is actually disturbing lol

    submitted by /u/HonorablePigDemon
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else here this guys voice, when you think it’s time to start a Grounded game?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 02:02 PM PDT

    How many times have you guys played Part II?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 04:50 PM PDT

    Do NPCs get dumber the higher the difficulty?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 06:47 PM PDT

    There's no rant flair so discussion gets close enough.

    Like really, are they dumber the higher the difficulty? Had no issues with the AI during my survivor run but jesus I'm playing on grounded permadeath and I'm being fucked over by my companions. They got spotted by wlfs, pushed me out of cover and just now got killed by a clicker cause Dina won't fucking run after being grabbed by the runner (tunnels subway section). Sorry, needed to rant.

    On a side note, playing grounded permadeath changes the game experience entirely. So much tension in every encounter, knowing you're done for good if killed adds that extra anxiety and desperation while doing a run for it or getting spotted.

    submitted by /u/DerKaiser714
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment