• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 20, 2021

    The Last of Us | Some fan art that I made for the anniversary month

    The Last of Us | Some fan art that I made for the anniversary month


    Some fan art that I made for the anniversary month

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 06:17 AM PDT

    Managed to finish this oil painting in time for today, happy 1 year tlou2 anniversary!!

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 05:59 PM PDT

    Happy Father’s Day to to all the dads in the TLOU community as well as best video game dad, Joel, who taught us to keep finding something to fight for. ❤️ (Art by @Icycroft)

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 09:11 PM PDT

    Here's some art I made inspired by the world of TheLastOfUs.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 05:54 PM PDT

    forgive me if has been posted before, but I just notice that you can see the bridge Lev and Abby cross from here

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 01:08 PM PDT

    Joel.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 01:32 PM PDT

    Happy TLOU II ANNIVERSARY

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 11:51 AM PDT

    Ellie needs our help again on the Pride Month character bracket (link to poll in comments)

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 12:09 AM PDT

    Just personalised my PS5

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 05:16 AM PDT

    POV: She’s staring at your soul lol

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 10:40 AM PDT

    Did anyone else experience this sensation while playing TLOU2 (Master's Thesis)?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 09:07 PM PDT

    I'm a Master's candidate currently writing my thesis on TLOU2. I understand that there are a ton of folks who enjoyed the game and a ton who did not, but I'm curious if anyone else experience the sensation described below.

    At several points throughout the game, there were moments where I wanted to stop playing. Not because I didn't enjoy the game, but because I didn't want to 'make Ellie' do the violent acts necessary to continue the story. In particular, I remember after freeing Abby from the Rattlers absolutely DREADING following her to the boats. Another instance was having to beat Nora with the pipe.

    I would greatly appreciate any feedback from folks who also experienced this!

    submitted by /u/drummerakajordan
    [link] [comments]

    TLOU2's ending one year later

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 06:10 PM PDT

    I've been seeing a few people online still talking about how bad the ending of the game is today because of the game's one year anniversary, usually because they believe the game doesn't give the revenge that they believed it was building up to. I wanted to talk about why I disagree with that view, and why the ending worked for me.

    Ellie sparing Abby is not a bad ending because the story is not about avenging Joel. She knows he wouldn't want any of that for her. She goes to Santa Barbara in order to find closure for her own trauma. And everything you need to see this is presented in the game. There's Ellie's journal, which mentions nothing about or makes any illusions to revenge after Seattle and it's all about her PTSD. There's Ellie's own words. "I don't eat. I don't sleep." I can go back to Seattle and talk about how they focus more on Ellie's emotional and mental state as opposed to the revenge that they're in the city for.

    The story isn't about avenging Joel. It's about Ellie being traumatized by the death of the only true parental figure she's ever had in her life and her trying to come to terms with that trauma and loss. And seeing as how she isn't like Joel or Abby, it makes a lot more sense that she let Abby go and just move on. Because she's not the type of person to completely lose herself in that type of violence. Joel was, which is is why he became a hunter and killed innocent people after Sarah died. Abby was, which is why she killed Joel in such a violent matter. But the game shows you that Ellie isn't that type of person. She's traumatized after torturing Nora while Joel was depicted as being comfortable torturing someone in Part I. She lost control of the "he said she said" situation she tried to pull with Owen and Mel at the end of Day 3, whereas Joel was in control the entire time he was pulling the same trick with David's men.

    So, ask yourselves this: if you believe that Joel would kill Abby, why do you simultaneously believe that Ellie should've killed Abby when we can clearly see she's not like Joel? Ellie needed control over the situation, and she found that control, so she doesn't go all the way to kill Abby.

    And in the end, that brings her more closure for her trauma than killing Abby would have. Obviously, it isn't going to fix everything, but sparing Abby allows her to move on with her life the way Joel knew she deserved. She could give to others the same love, hope, and beauty that she injected into Joel's life. And that's why it's a much better ending than her killing Abby.

    submitted by /u/CommisionerGordon79
    [link] [comments]

    Picked up my Clicker 3D print today. Cleanup and priming next!

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 05:25 PM PDT

    Happy 1st anniversary to this amazing game, just finished my Abby portrait today (oil on canvas, by myself)

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 08:15 AM PDT

    Found a pretty safe route for Seraphite Overlook on Grounded

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 08:47 PM PDT

    Happy anniversary to the last of us part II heres my collection and tribute to this amazing game series!

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 07:25 PM PDT

    Joel & Ellie's Fishing Trip - Happy TLoU2 Anniversary! - [Original Art] [IG: @sidp221199]

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 11:36 AM PDT

    Did a Dina/Ellie print to celebrate one year since the game released!

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 10:14 AM PDT

    Recreating Ellie’s Journal | Page 11

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 11:22 AM PDT

    I did a funny (it glows in the dark)

    Posted: 20 Jun 2021 12:13 AM PDT

    A Letter of Appreciation

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 03:28 PM PDT

    To whom this may concern,

    To you guys, to Ashley, Troy, Neil, Shannon, Laura, and the rest of the team. Oh, what a journey it has been. For some of us, it has been longer, but for me, I was around 12 or 13. I'm 17 now. I remember when I stepped into the corrupted world of Boston Massachusetts, I was so excited. I went in completely blind and was not disappointed. Following an old man and a girl's story was right up my alley. Although, I was not expecting to attach to such a resilient girl, but oh, how I did. Ellie's journey I will follow forever. Through the thick and thin, through David's encounter, Joel's death, her love stories, and much more. Time for a story. Ellie figuring herself out made me figure out who I was. She was my first crush and still is. Now, I want to proudly say at least here, that I'm an asexual lesbian. I cannot thank you guys enough for helping me on this journey. From figuring myself out to helping me process Part II. I still struggle processing it because of a processing disorder, but I'm getting there. So, yes I'm obsessed with it, but I'm just trying to process it. I just need someone to talk to about it. I thank all the actors involved, but there's one that I thank more. Ashley Johnson. Thank you for bringing the character I love to life. I can't wait to go on another adventure with you. To all my Reddit friends Endure and Survive for many more years to come. You guys are my family and always will be.

    Sincerely,

    Rsbbit060404

    submitted by /u/Rsbbit060404
    [link] [comments]

    Happy one year, The Last of Us Part II!

    Posted: 19 Jun 2021 01:58 PM PDT

    On this day a year ago, my family and I gathered in the living room to eat some food we had ordered, and watch me play the game. I had preordered the game months in advance because I was so excited.

    While my family ate their meals, I hardly touched mine. I was already so engrossed in the game from the very first scene when we see Joel talking with Tommy.

    It took me nearly a week to finish the game. I had to take tons of breaks to cry or to just take a breath because some parts really stressed me out.

    It's been a year since the game came out, and I'm still trying to complete my second playthrough.

    I wish I could play this game for the first time again. It was perhaps one of the most amazing games I've ever played. The storyline was amazing, the characters were well fleshed out, the voice acting is phenomenal, as well as the soundtrack.

    submitted by /u/the_jane_doe_2000
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment