• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 9, 2021

    The Last of Us | Man , time flies. 8 years ago.

    The Last of Us | Man , time flies. 8 years ago.


    Man , time flies. 8 years ago.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 11:17 PM PDT

    Being a Hater Before Playing it, After Playing it, The Last of Us 2 Is truly Incredible.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 05:17 PM PDT

    I will be completely honest, after all of the leaks, initial review bombing and constant discourse surrounding the game. I was truly put of by it, I stupidly thought the critic reviews were way to high even though I hadn't even played it. It sounded like the haters were correct and that the game truly failed to be a worthy sequel. A year later, after hearing people talk about how amazing the gameplay, animation, graphics and acting are I finally decided to play it, and I am so glad I did.

    I truly believe this game is incredible. I feel the story actually hit it the notes and made me feel the way that the devs intended. I felt sad, enraged, happy, tearful, tense and thrilled throughout the game. The gameplay is magnificent and truly feels dynamic with every encounter feeling like a true battle for survival, especially on higher difficulties. Hillcrest is just simply fantastic game design and going through some sections on grounded were some of the most intense gaming moments I have ever had. It genuinely feels like you have to be incredibly resourceful, cautious, skilled and to plan ahead for flanking routes and to think on your feet. The animation, acting, graphics and attention to detail are unquestionably the best I have ever seen and adds to the immersion in a way few other games have accomplished.

    I just wanted to share my thoughts on this fantastic game, and after being a misguided hater, I feel glad to now be a genuine fan and to have given this game a chance and to make up my own mind on it. It has taught me to never again listen to haters who seemingly hate a game for not being the story they wanted it to be, after previously being the same, I'm glad I took the plunge. To me this game struck all the right notes and I pity all those who will stay blind and hate without trying what is a game that excels in pretty much every single area. Thank you for reading this, I'm always up for hearing anyone's thoughts on the matter and intrigued to see whether anyone else was like this ended up loving it as well.

    submitted by /u/DEWBIB
    [link] [comments]

    That's the point

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 06:08 AM PDT

    I always hear people complain that Joel's death happens way too quickly into the game and that we never get a chance to be with him but thats the exact feeling Naughty dog want you to have. You are meant to feel robbed like Ellie, you are meant to feel angry and betrayed, because his death is meant to feel unfair, because sometimes in life, a death of close one can occur unexpectedly.

    This is what I feel alot of people missed the point about Joel's death, and in my opinion I think that's what makes it so much more impactful to Ellie and the player.

    submitted by /u/noooooobmaster69
    [link] [comments]

    Ellie Makeup Test by Sparrowhawk Cosplay [Note the image is flipped during selfie mode, so the hair looks like it's on the wrong side.]

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 10:54 PM PDT

    I just got my first tattoo and i love it!

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 10:48 PM PDT

    I am a 3D environment artist and the theme for my latest environment was "post-apocalyptic". So naturally one of my favorite games was a big inspiration for this one: The Last Of Us! I thought you guys might like to see it :) Let me know what you think!

    Posted: 09 Jun 2021 04:27 AM PDT

    Happy Pride everyone! "Hope" by Artistic_Life_Support on IG

    Posted: 09 Jun 2021 12:56 AM PDT

    The Last of Us PT2 Comic [2nd Cover - @MARKSCICULANA]

    Posted: 09 Jun 2021 06:30 AM PDT

    Very excited to see where The Last of Us drew inspiration from

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 04:35 PM PDT

    some art of the farm done by me <3

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 11:10 PM PDT

    Some digital art I did of Joel

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 05:20 PM PDT

    This rope is a bit weird

    Posted: 09 Jun 2021 12:35 AM PDT

    Significance of the number 2425

    Posted: 09 Jun 2021 04:01 AM PDT

    I was replaying the Flooded City chapter in Seattle Day 3 and noticed that the boat that Ellie steals has the code "WG 2425" written on the side of it. As 2425 comes up again as the number of the house that Abby and Lev visit while looking for the Fireflies I wondered if there was any significance to the number or whether it's just a Naughty Dog in-joke ala A113 in Pixar productions.

    Does the number come up again in other places in part 2?

    submitted by /u/togrif
    [link] [comments]

    I just want to say, I understand the HATE and LOVE for PART 2

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 10:04 PM PDT

    I played this game when it launched, and ever since I've been thinking about it, and I heard both sides on why this game sucks and why it is a masterpiece. While I believe a LOT of the criticism on the game is more subjective and not necessarily something REALLY bad, like the dialogue, acting, the gameplay, and the worldbuilding are so good and carefully thought, but some people just dismiss this because they don't like the story it tells.

    And I get it, fiction is a form of escapism, you get to love both Joel and Ellie throughout the first game, and when you see what happens to them, you get a bad taste in your mouth, is like finding out an artist you liked had a pretty depressing end, you just wish that person had a nice life until they died, and Last of Us Part 2 gives you that answer. Ellie and Joel did not lived a happier life, but they had some shared moments of happiness, and that's as real as it gets, but we would also been fine with just that ambiguous and impactful ending.

    So my point is, we did NOT needed a sequel for The Last of Us, but I'm GLAD we got this game and this story instead of something more appealing and forgettable, like a regular hollywood sequel (kind of like Uncharted 3, frankly). Just imagine the same structure with Joel following Ellie having a similar dialogue to the ones we saw in part 1 and nothing that deviates too much from that, some people would have liked, but it wouldn't make sense, people change, what they had before did not exist after Salt Lake.

    Part 2 is truthful to this world, and these characters, it reminds me of Breaking Bad, where you feel like the writers were just writing the results for the actions we saw previously, and so, (almost) everything feels organic, even what seems like it doesn't make that much sense, makes sense if you stop for a few minutes and think about it (like a pregnant lady on an open area in a truck), it was more of a situation where they were not expecting to see Serafites on the way, like a fast travel from point A to B, people usually have a false sense of safety when they live with a huge group in a stadium.

    But just to finish this long post, I believe they could do something like Silent Hill 2, and tell a story about other characters and themes, but again, they put a "part 2" on the title, so I'm glad this game turned out to be the way it is, and it will probably have lots of love from the years to come, like everything that gets older in pop culture and are seen from a different perspective

    submitted by /u/NotoriousLipe
    [link] [comments]

    "If Somehow The Lord Gave Me A Second Chance...I Would Do It All Over Again."

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 04:10 AM PDT

    Absolutely loved this game from start to finish. No character will ever top the performance by Ashley Johnson. 10/10 masterpiece.

    https://preview.redd.it/ybz03125y0471.jpg?width=1600&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=7f7158c17243491709889712fa32d566b0773bd2

    submitted by /u/sliimysludge
    [link] [comments]

    Which fight was emotionally harder, and why?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2021 02:59 AM PDT

    The Confrontation vs. The Beach

    Which made you feel more uncomfortable? What did you want happen? Who did you want win? Which was harder to proceed with? Who were you cheering for? What were your emotions and feelings in the fights? Were you angry at Ellie? Were you angry at Abby?

    submitted by /u/nortonhearsahoot
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoiler] The Aquarium Family?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2021 04:57 AM PDT

    I'm doing my first playthrough of PT2 and I am now on the island for what I believe to be the final act or close to. Anyways, when you first discover the Aquarium with Owen, you discover a dead man with notes saying that his family ran away to be with scars to escape his "weakness". This is Lev's former life and father right. It makes the most sense amd I'm sorry if it was supposed to be obvious but I just want confirmation.

    submitted by /u/HEADLESSZOMB13
    [link] [comments]

    mm yes funny joke

    Posted: 09 Jun 2021 12:01 AM PDT

    The 5 Stages of Grief with our 3 Main Characters

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 04:21 PM PDT

    Almost definitely been noticed before but I loved spotting this on my 1st playthrough

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 11:34 AM PDT

    Ellie & Dina...watch till end :))

    Posted: 09 Jun 2021 06:31 AM PDT

    Can everyone drop a list of what they love/appreciate about the story?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 04:34 PM PDT

    Pure positivity here only folks. I want to come back to this post from time to time for reassurance

    Anytime I see something TLOU2 related on social media, the comment section gets as toxic as Chernobyl. One guy told me "I feel sorry for you" because I said I loved the story???

    It's been a year since it came out. Why the hell are they still bitching? Move on and go find something you do like lmao

    submitted by /u/rustedkey
    [link] [comments]

    Part 1: When Ellie's alone, she talks about certain artifacts...

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 07:26 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment