• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 29, 2021

    The Last of Us | Portrait of Dina

    The Last of Us | Portrait of Dina


    Portrait of Dina

    Posted: 28 May 2021 12:43 PM PDT

    Happy Birthday to Laura Bailey!

    Posted: 28 May 2021 07:14 PM PDT

    Been working on this piece of my favorite scene for a long time, hope you guys like it.

    Posted: 28 May 2021 10:26 AM PDT

    I just wanted to make an appreciation post for my uncle, my Joel (that's actually his name) who took me in when I was 4 when my parents passed, is the center of my world and the only dad I've ever known. There isn't a day where we don't look at each other like this

    Posted: 28 May 2021 05:50 PM PDT

    A little drawing of Jackson.

    Posted: 28 May 2021 03:12 AM PDT

    She's just cargo, Joel.

    Posted: 28 May 2021 01:27 PM PDT

    Time is Running Out

    Posted: 28 May 2021 01:05 PM PDT

    Longing (in new 60fps update)

    Posted: 28 May 2021 08:45 AM PDT

    I had an art school exam. Obviously I got the highest score. Sorry for the quality, it was shot on potato

    Posted: 28 May 2021 03:25 AM PDT

    [Self] How’s my Ellie (TLOU2) Cosplay? (Sorry for the random house tour... doing it myself is hard)

    Posted: 28 May 2021 10:24 PM PDT

    Gas mask portrait of Joel

    Posted: 28 May 2021 06:03 PM PDT

    This game can look so damn good

    Posted: 28 May 2021 09:01 PM PDT

    Whats your favorite small detail about either game?

    Posted: 28 May 2021 10:04 PM PDT

    Mine is probably dina stealing the gay romance novel lol

    submitted by /u/gibbyfromicarlyTM
    [link] [comments]

    Made a lil video wallpaper

    Posted: 28 May 2021 12:26 PM PDT

    I finally received my Mamegorai 1/9th scale Ellie and Joel statue figures from the first game. I'm in love with these! ❤️ These went on sale last year from a Japanese maker through Naughty Dog. They were kind of expensive. Cost me $500 CAD to buy this, but I missed the pandemic edition. ��

    Posted: 28 May 2021 02:49 PM PDT

    My interpretation of the ending changed

    Posted: 28 May 2021 03:32 PM PDT

    To start this off, I actually don't know how most people interpret the ending, so I'd like someone to tell me what the general consensus is lol. I originally thought the reason Ellie let Abby go was because Ellie forgave her. Ellie thought of Joel with that forgiveness flashback and then decided to let Abby go. If Ellie could start to forgive Joel, then maybe she could forgive Abby here. This never sat 100% well with me. It's hard to believe someone would forgive another person for killing their dad, especially when they don't even know the reason. Not only that, but Ellie had severe mental issues. Maybe you can say her mind is unpredictable at that point so it can make sense? Idk

    My new interpretation is that Ellie actually doesn't forgive Abby. The reason Ellie let Abby go is because Ellie forgave herself.

    Ellie needed a moment of superiority over Abby. She needed to have Abby's life in her hands. While Abby was underwater and beginning to not fight back anymore, she was basically dead. Ellie won. For a brief moment, Ellie lives in a world where she killed Abby. And in that moment, Ellie feels no satisfaction. She doesn't feel the peace she was supposed to, just like she didn't for Jordan, Leah, Nora, Own, and Mel.

    Killing them (and finding Leah's body) only made Ellie feel worse and enter a new reality that was more extreme. She continues to feel sadness, anger, and pain. While Abby is being held under water, she loses strength and stops fighting back. Then what happens to Ellie is the destruction of her self defense mechanism, which leads to Joel's flashback.

    The destruction of Ellie's self defense mechanism is super important to understand. She can easily fall back into the trap of thinking that killing Abby will fix her problems. Falling back into that trap is so much easier than living in reality and coming to terms with realizing that her survivors guilt was at fault for those wasted years with Joel.

    Finally, Ellie puts down her walls and has a cathartic (mental?) breakdown. That cathartic release of all the emotions she's kept in for so long is an essential first step for recovery. She's lived in an extreme alternate reality the whole time. She needed that cathartic moment. That cathartic breakdown only happened because Ellie had a moment of total control over Abby's life.

    We find out at the very end that the reason Ellie was so hellbent on avenging Joel is because she wasted all those years with him, and only started to forgive him the night before he was murdered. The guilt of wasting her time while Joel was still alive is what's been killing her. Shutting him out for years.

    I don't think Ellie forgave Abby. I think Ellie forgave herself for letting her survivors guilt get in the way of her relationship with Joel and all the time lost. This is not to downplay Ellie's survivors guilt and say it wasn't a big deal, I'm saying she's come to terms with the damage and loss it caused her. I view the final minute of the game as Ellie finally starting to live for herself, after her only connection to Joel is lost. I don't think Ellie falls back into that self defense mechanism. Because of all of this, I don't think it would make sense for Part 3 to be about Ellie finding the Fireflies so she can sacrifice herself for the possibility of a cure. She wouldn't be living for herself at that point.

    What's the general consensus of the ending? Anything I'm missing? What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/MegaCalibur
    [link] [comments]

    I walk through the valley of the shadow of death...

    Posted: 28 May 2021 01:39 PM PDT

    Mamegyorai Joel & Ellie figures have arrived!

    Posted: 28 May 2021 04:52 PM PDT

    Playing around with photomode

    Posted: 28 May 2021 04:29 PM PDT

    I knew of the photo, but didn’t know what the photo looked like before I took mine, so here is my “take on me”!

    Posted: 28 May 2021 10:30 PM PDT

    Yara, Lev and the symbolism of the shark cage exhibit

    Posted: 28 May 2021 10:07 AM PDT

    I don't normally do these kinds of posts, and I'm sure someone else has noticed this before. But I saw this for the first time during my 3rd playthrough of Part II, and wanted to share this detail.

    During Abby's Seattle Day 3, in the aquarium shark exhibit (the room where Abby and Yara play fetch with Alice), there's something interesting about the two divers in the shark cage: one mannequin is missing its left forearm, and the other is missing its head.

    Context:
    Yara has just had surgery to remove her forearm, and Lev is upset and irrational (lost his head?) and has run off to seek out their mother in a bid to convince her to... change her mind, and perhaps escape with them. They are trapped by the rigid traditions of the Seraphites, and are being hunted by their fellow cult members, all the while yearning for freedom.

    Interestingly, the shark cage has an open top...

    The two divers, surrounded by sharks. Big mama shark is about to attack.

    Mannequin 1 missing its left forearm. Mannequin 2 missing its head (on the floor of the cage).

    Yara and Lev (and Abby?), caged by tradition and circumstance

    Unless I'm mistaken and there are other ones out there, this exhibit is the Abby equivalent of the moose being attacked by the wolf pack as seen during Ellie's museum flashback.

    submitted by /u/43sunsets
    [link] [comments]

    Who ever put the time into making the gameplay should be commended and recognised for their achievement

    Posted: 28 May 2021 11:33 AM PDT

    Trying to use Photo Mode a lot more since the PS5 update, so here are my portrait shots so far!

    Posted: 28 May 2021 03:56 AM PDT

    Abby and Lev's "shortcut" through hell

    Posted: 28 May 2021 11:48 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment