• Breaking News

    Friday, May 28, 2021

    The Last of Us | ‘Last of Us’ Game Star Merle Dandridge to Reprise Role of Marlene in HBO Series

    The Last of Us | ‘Last of Us’ Game Star Merle Dandridge to Reprise Role of Marlene in HBO Series


    ‘Last of Us’ Game Star Merle Dandridge to Reprise Role of Marlene in HBO Series

    Posted: 27 May 2021 03:35 PM PDT

    Damn these figures is DOPE! Part 1 forever!!

    Posted: 27 May 2021 03:55 AM PDT

    I usually hate getting my picture taken but decided to bite the bullet and do cosplay with my adopted niece since we beat Part II last month. And it was near her birthday. These are some of my favorite pics we took

    Posted: 27 May 2021 07:37 PM PDT

    I printed a Clicker!

    Posted: 27 May 2021 04:26 PM PDT

    The director of Logan talks about The Last of Us

    Posted: 27 May 2021 07:17 AM PDT

    Got Ellies tattoo with a butterfly instead of a moth, what do you guys think?

    Posted: 27 May 2021 02:31 PM PDT

    Ellie and Tommy strongly affected the WLF - Scar conflict

    Posted: 27 May 2021 09:42 AM PDT

    I don't know why I didn't put this together until recently, but Ellie and Tommy's revenge stories in Seattle aren't as connected to the WLF - Scar conflict as simply as "they got in the way during their revenge quests", and both Ellie and Tommy are actually probably a good reason why the WLF were doomed the second they set foot on Seraphite island.

    When Abby is at the theatre and listening in on the radio chatter, Unit Echo says "Jesus Christ, where the fuck was their backup?" And I realized, that he was referring to Tommy and his sniping rampage at the Marina. Tommy took down so many, as well as Manny (whom Isaac wanted to be one of the leaders in the charge on the island).

    Ellie assumingly also was responsible for the deaths of many WLF on her way to the aquarium in day 3, who were additional backup awaiting pickup to go to the island. (I know you can sneak around the enemies, but given the fact that "backup" never showed up according to Unit Echo, I want to assume it's canon that Ellie slaughtered some WLF she comes across in Day 3.)

    Not sure how I didn't put this together until now, but thought it was pretty cool how interconnected things are in this game.

    submitted by /u/its4joejoe
    [link] [comments]

    I made a sketch of Ellie

    Posted: 27 May 2021 01:05 PM PDT

    This picture is true euphoria. When this came in I was winded. These games bring me an enormous amount of joy and to have them both now is just awesome.

    Posted: 27 May 2021 11:29 AM PDT

    Forgot to post about this! I got this absolutely awesome Displate a few months back!

    Posted: 27 May 2021 08:05 AM PDT

    Gas mask portrait of Dina

    Posted: 27 May 2021 10:54 PM PDT

    Artbook I won for $5 on ebay,

    Posted: 27 May 2021 12:39 PM PDT

    Lovely

    Posted: 28 May 2021 12:09 AM PDT

    Gas mask portrait of Ellie

    Posted: 27 May 2021 10:53 PM PDT

    One of my biggest mistakes, but also something I'm glad I did, was play these games and getting so emotionally invested in it. And yes, I'm a dad

    Posted: 27 May 2021 07:17 AM PDT

    Well, not a dad in the traditional sense. I've been raising my niece ever since my sister, her mom, passed when she was a baby and took her in when she was 5, officially adopting her last year.

    Now I don't play video games regularly like I used to simply because of work and having to take care of her and so many other things. But, we still play games together when we can and have lots of fun. And I first played Last of Us back in 2015, the first PS3 game I ever owned. Late to the party, I know. But I like apocalyptic-themed stuff and thought this would be another FPS run and gun type of game like we see so much of. Boy was I wrong. Way wrong. If ever there was a character I could genuinely see myself in the most, it was Joel. No joke.

    Now I've never been nearly as controlling as Joel was in the beginning with Ellie given what he lost, but I had a lot of emotions bottled up inside. I was kind and loving enough, but I shut down when someone mentioned my sister, much like Joel does when someone mentioned Sarah. Eventually though, through raising my niece, I had a "baby girl" moment with her just like Joel did and my walls came down practically overnight. I mean, you spend so much time with someone and care about them so much that there's only so much you can hold back before it breaks through. And one thing I noticed at the end of the game was how easily and passively he mentioned Sarah and said something like "You two would have been good friends" or something like that. I do the same when talking about my sister now.

    I have also played the second game and while I understand the frustration a lot of people had with how Joel went out, I liked the story as a whole. It really drives home the point of just how pointless and fruitless revenge really is and how it's purely emotionally driven, not actually accomplishing anything productive. And yes, for her birthday this year, I did sing "Future Days" to my niece. She loved it.

    So overall, I'm glad I got to play these. As I said in another post, the graphics and story of these games still blows me away when I see how far we've come technologically. Growing up with systems like the Sega Genesis, NES, pong consoles and others, the simplicity of the games of that time was all we had. And it was basically a 50/50 shot of knowing whether the game you just bought was going to be great or garbage. But I digress.

    Thank you for reading this far if you did and I hope these games made an impact on you in some way like it did me.

    submitted by /u/woozy_chili
    [link] [comments]

    Small Detail in pt. 2

    Posted: 27 May 2021 01:24 PM PDT

    Something I noticed while replaying Abby Day 2. Really just a small detail, but one that surprised me. It's just that Abby's last conversation with Nora ends a little weirdly. Instead of

    N: May your survival be long.

    A: May your death be swift.

    We get

    N: May your survival be long.

    A: May my death be swift.

    Which immediately made me think of Nora's death scene, how long and dragged out it is as Ellie slowly tortures her for information. Abby doesn't return the sentiment of promising Nora a swift death, and then Nora has anything but. It feels like a little nod at the very least, and may have even been foreshadowing at one point if the Abby and Ellie sections of the game were intertwined, and Abby's hospital visit preceded Ellie's.

    submitted by /u/titanc-13
    [link] [comments]

    Details I Found During Ellie's Day 3

    Posted: 27 May 2021 11:00 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, I know it's been a few days since my last details post. I honestly just took a break from the game because this section of the game always makes me apprehensive. Ellie's about to do crazy shit and I just want her to go home with her family. I get why she does it though, so I carry on. It's rough to play for me at times.

    Anyway, I finished this last night, and here are my findings.

    • As a lot of you know, if you trigger the conversation back on Day 1 where Dina shows Ellie a copy of Sorority Secrets (not Sisters, upon further review), Dina will covertly steal a copy of that book. However, you can only see that she took it after returning from the Aquarium. It isn't visible at the beginning of Day 3.

    • The movie poster that Ellie comments is Joel's favorite is Curtis and Viper 4. Remember back in Jackson, she wanted to see Curtis and Viper 2 with Joel that night. She'll remark "the war the merrier. Look Joel, it's your favorite."

    • Before coming up to the convention center, there's an area that's blocked off. If you get close to it, Jesse and Ellie will acknowledge that it's blocked off and that they need to cut through the convention center.

    • Interesting to note that the first room you see when entering the convention center is a what looks to be a local postal service.

    • When you first enter the flooded area of the city, there are two options you have when getting out of the water. To your right, there's a straight dead end. Jesse and Ellie will acknowledge it through dialogue. To your left, there's a parking garage with infected in it. This is an optional encounter, but if you clear out that parking garage, after you leave you'll be prompted to high five Jesse. Go Team Jackson.

    • There are posters for IRL books in the bookstore Jesse and Ellie enter. These include, but are not limited to: The Door With Seven Locks by Edgar Wallace, Journey To The Center of The Earth by Jules Verne, and 1001 Arabian Nights (a collection of Middle Eastern folk tales), and The Hill of Dreams by Arthur Machen.

    • There's a sign up advertising a book signing event by author Elizabeth Hong set for September 28, 2013 in this same bookstore.

    • Downstairs in the kids section, there's a nice little back and forth Jesse and Ellie have when it comes to the meaning of fungus in the Old World as opposed to the meaning of fungus in this current world they live in. They also talk about their favorite books as a kid. Ellie went with Battle Ghosts, a book about "space marines who fight off alien ghosts." Jesse picked the book his mom read to him as a kid, which was called The Root Child.

    • There's an artifact that Ellie can pick up that contains a drawing of a conversation between a Rabbit and a Skin Horse that I found just heartbreaking. It's about what it means to be Real. The Skin Horse says Real is "a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real." And went asked if it hurts, the Skin Horse says "Sometimes. When you're Real you don't mind being hurt." It's a page from The Velveteen Rabbit, and I honestly think it's a bit representative of how Joel felt about the incident at the Firefly hospital. That might just be me.

    • Jesse and Ellie's conversation about "boxing around" only occurs when you turn left and going to the log when leaving the bookstore. If you turn right immediately, or turn right quick enough after turning left, they'll say nothing until the WLF encounter is triggered.

    • That encounter I just referred to is the same encounter that Bear the dog will show up in if you avoided killing him at the hospital. However, if you do kill Bear, another dog will appear in his place. This dog doesn't seem to have a name, as when you kill it, the owner of the dog just screams "someone took out my dog!"

    • On Day 3, you can find notes left for Jules that are left by someone named Gray. You can actually find notes like these dating all the way back to Day 1. The first one you find is in the train car in the train station after you get through the WLF fighting the clickers.

    • If you put Infinite Breath on and have Ellie underwater long enough, you can actually see her air bubbles as she breathes underwater. This isn't specific to Day 3, but it's when I noticed it for the first time.

    • If I'm wrong on this, let me know, but I believe the first strike of lightning or rumble of thunder during the storm is seen/heard after Ellie opens the first gate when traveling by boat.

    • One of the games in the arcade Ellie goes through is called The Turning. It's the same game Riley describes to Ellie in Left Behind. You can find this game right before fighting the bloater.

    • You can dive under the water to avoid the waves crashing into you once the boat capsizes.

    • As you enter the aquarium, Ellie begins hyperventilating, just like she did on Day 1 when you first encountered the WLF. However, this is much more noticeable.

    • There's a pipe in the aquarium that Ellie can't pick up for some reason. It's outside of the room you go into to crawl through the vent system. I don't know why the pipe is there. I'll post a screenshot of it later.

    • The room where you can find Owen's Firefly pendant has a table with those health bars, and if you grab one to heal yourself, a glass jar will fall off the table and Ellie will curse at the sound.

    • Part of the ceiling in this room is glass, but the glass is broken. We see later that this is the room Abby entered when finally arriving at the aquarium, and she had to break this glass to get in.

    • Ellie can fire her weapons in the aquarium before confronting Owen, but she doesn't curse that noise like she does the glass jar falling.

    • Back in the theatre, when Ellie gets up from their makeshift bed, Dina reaches out and puts her hand on the spot Ellie was once lying.

    • As mentioned at the very beginning, it is only after the theatre confrontation that you can see the copy of Sorority Secrets that Dina take if you triggered the correlating conversation back on Day 1.

    • Right before joining Tommy and Jesse on the stage, you can see a machete sitting on a storage cart. This is not Ellie's weapon, as I had a nailed crowbar at the aquarium. I don't know if it's Tommy's or Jesse's machete. Regardless, this is the machete Ellie will use to kill Abby if you just choose to fight head on instead of attempting to attack Ellie from behind.

    • As Tommy is leaving conversation between himself, Jesse, and Ellie, we can see him favoring his lower back. This could be alluding to the confrontation he had with Abby earlier in the day (or later in the game, depending on how you look at it.)

    This final detail is one that I'm not going to put as a bullet point because it's extremely long and I'll need to break it up into multiple paragraphs. This is also more of an Ellie-centric detail because I think it ties in more for her journey in Seattle more than Abby's. Or, at the very least, I'm more confident in my ability to make my case for this actually being an interesting detail regarding Ellie's trek in Seattle as of this writing than I am for Abby's character.

    As Ellie's mental state deteriorates, the weather in Seattle gets progressively worse. On Day 1, it's the brightest it's gonna get. Beautiful sunshine cascades across the landscape for most of the day. Once Ellie has her first run ins with the WLF, and Dina's been hurt, we see Ellie be more irritable, and the sunshine goes away, never to return in Seattle for her.

    On Day 2, the day begins overcast. It's gloomy, and just not a pleasant day. As Ellie continues her mission, the sky grows darker and darker, we constantly see rushing rapids that threaten spell disaster if we fall. Eventually, we see her at her most traumatized state (at least for this specific day) when the weather is at it's ugliest, when it's dark and raining.

    On Day 3, the rain never lets up. As a matter of fact, it gets worse. The rain picks up, thunder and lighting bellow throughout the city, the rapids are even more aggressive this time around. Eventually, Ellie is completely consumed by her anger, pain, and trauma. Just as the rapids consumed her boat. And once the tunnel vision set in back on Day 1 she, like the storm on Day 3, wouldn't let up.

    I don't know if this was intentional but I thought this was interesting enough to warrant a mention. Let me know what you think, and I'll see you all for when I explore Abby's sections in Seattle.

    submitted by /u/CommisionerGordon79
    [link] [comments]

    My First Collateral Headshot Was Completely by Accident

    Posted: 27 May 2021 07:29 AM PDT

    I made a little 3D printed clicker bust! Swipe for progress pics.

    Posted: 27 May 2021 09:56 AM PDT

    Did any one else do this after playing tlou?

    Posted: 27 May 2021 01:56 PM PDT

    Really nerdy thing here, but did any of you find yourself day dreaming about how life would be in a world like the last of us? I literally would spend hours before going to sleep imagining how different my life would be living in the same circumstances as Joel and Ellie, and sometimes even imagining I was actually there with Joel and Ellie. Is it just me being weird? Hahaha Btw I'm replaying part 1 for the first time after playing it in 2015 and I've been having these thoughts again!

    submitted by /u/Noah2304
    [link] [comments]

    Playing through TLOUII and I got perfect timing.

    Posted: 27 May 2021 06:02 PM PDT

    Little take on Ellie’s tattoo done on my leg last week ☺️

    Posted: 27 May 2021 01:18 AM PDT

    What are the perfect difficulty settings for realism?

    Posted: 27 May 2021 12:07 PM PDT

    Custom is probably one of the best things ND has added to the game. It gives The Last of Us a newfound, and much needed flexibility in its gameplay. But which settings are the best? Here's what I think.

    Allies and Resources - Very Light

    • I don't think there is any debate on allies. On higher difficulties like Survivor or Grounded, companions like Dina for instance are unbelivably incompetent, to the point it makes me wonder why these jackasses even bothered to leave Jackson if they're just going to let Ellie do everything.
    • Now, resources. Since the world is full of man-made garbage, the type of items that Ellie and Abby use to craft their weapons should be abundantly available even twenty five years after the start of the outbreak. Ellie going into a laundry store and picking up only half a cloth is beyond ridiculous. And "half" a usable container isn't useable at all. Don't even get me started on finding a goddamn axe that breaks after two swings on the relatively soft human flesh. Or your allies and the assholes you run into all seem to have unending ammo, yet you only have five measly bullets in your revolver.

    So, there is that...

    Everything else - Grounded

    • On one hand, the grapple move that the infected use on Ellie or Abby dealing so much damage is dumb. On the other hand, Ellie and Abby being able to shrug off getting shot multiple times is even dumber. Ultimately, I've decided that Grounded was the way to go, because the ferocity with which the infected attack you easily tire you out before they eventually do bite you. There's a reason most characters getting grabbed by a runner in a cutscene need to be saved by another character.
    • The rest goes without saying. Human enemies should be able to detect you as soon as they see rather than obeying a delay of detection, and they should be aggressive too. It's even more true for infected, who are aggressive to the point of neglecting self-preservation (except stalkers) and have increasingly sharp senses.

    What about you guys? Which settings do you think are perfect for a more realistic experience? Let me know in the comments.

    submitted by /u/Super-Shenron
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment