• Breaking News

    Friday, May 14, 2021

    The Last of Us | Neat little continuity detail I found while messing around with the model gallery

    The Last of Us | Neat little continuity detail I found while messing around with the model gallery


    Neat little continuity detail I found while messing around with the model gallery

    Posted: 13 May 2021 04:20 PM PDT

    I hate clickers... hope you like my coloured pencils drawing!

    Posted: 13 May 2021 08:03 AM PDT

    best game ever...

    Posted: 13 May 2021 07:35 PM PDT

    This game will always be in my heart ❤

    Posted: 13 May 2021 05:38 PM PDT

    Here's a quick sketch of Abby I did. I hope you like it!

    Posted: 13 May 2021 02:54 PM PDT

    My journey to Platinum begins today. I love this game and I think it’s time to show that love by getting the platinum trophy. Endure and Survive.

    Posted: 13 May 2021 05:28 PM PDT

    Anyone else find it comical how many times Ellie and Abby almost crossed paths?

    Posted: 13 May 2021 10:39 AM PDT

    While Ellie was downtown, Abby was on her way to the aquarium. When Ellie made it to the hospital and confronted Nora about Abby's whereabouts, Abby was quite literally directly under them, as she was fighting the Rat King during Ellie's interrogation. (Fun fact! If you listen closely enough, you can actually hear the Rat King while Ellie is interrogating her) And of course, Ellie made it to the Aquarium and killed Owen and Mel, very shortly before Abby made it back. They were almost always under each other's noses, but somehow managed to always narrowly miss each other. I love it.

    submitted by /u/Joeyisthebessst
    [link] [comments]

    TLOU 2 tattoo

    Posted: 13 May 2021 01:46 PM PDT

    Here's my 15yo cousin in her first attemp at cosplaying. A few weeks ago we did this shoot and had fun photographing each other, she as Ellie, and me as a Seraphite (which I posted here a few days ago). Hope you like it.

    Posted: 13 May 2021 05:14 AM PDT

    Theory/Prediction: The HBO show's "20 Years Later" will be 2022/23, rather than 2033

    Posted: 13 May 2021 02:00 PM PDT

    Bear with me with this one, but, as the user who called Gabriel Luna's casting three weeks before it was announced, just "trust me bro" with my next prediction.

    Currently, the production team have been looking for extras in Alberta, Canada and, alongside people, they're also specifically asking for "vehicles from 1995-2003" -- quite a specific request, but there may be an explanation for this.

    Now this article from Okotoks Online states that, "This is one of those pieces that needs period vehicles. Not taking place in present-day but taking place, you know, in the 2000s era so vehicles between 1995 and 2003 is what they're looking for."

    This leads me to believe that the "Prologue" will actually take place in 2003, rather than 2013 as it does in the game, and in the show, twenty years later will be 2023 (perhaps in line with the show's release), rather than 2033. To me, it makes sense as this aligns the audience more with the main story if it supposedly takes place in the "present".

    What do you guys think? Could this be a possibility or is it just looking too deeply into something really inconsequential?

    submitted by /u/Solsy101
    [link] [comments]

    CBC Calgary gives some details about being an extra for TLOU tv series

    Posted: 13 May 2021 09:18 PM PDT

    TLOU2 1 Year Anniversary

    Posted: 13 May 2021 07:15 PM PDT

    Hi everyone. Do you think we will get something from Naughty Dog for the one year anniversary of TLOU2's release? I really hope we get a GOW style documentary, but with the podcast already being there, I'm not sure. Of course, there's still the PS5 patch that's coming at some point. What would you like to see?

    submitted by /u/inbha
    [link] [comments]

    Family Poster

    Posted: 13 May 2021 05:09 AM PDT

    3DS got a lil upgrade today

    Posted: 13 May 2021 10:25 AM PDT

    Ladies, Gentlemen and non-binary people, I have a dark secret...

    Posted: 13 May 2021 08:38 AM PDT

    TL;DR at the bottom, sorry for the wall of text. Spoiler alert for the second game, you've been warned.

    I know a lot of people are really passionate about the first game. For a lot of people, The Last Of Us is a masterpiece that deserves the highest pedestal in the videogame industry and it has a special place in a lot of gamers' hearts.

    For me... well, I didn't have a PS3, so I skipped a lot of PS exclusives (damn you, Xbox 360). It wasn't until 2015, when I acquired my PS4 that I started looking to play said exclusives(y'know, God of War trilogy, Uncharted games, etc.), and, NGL, TLOU didn't catch my eye.

    Some of my friends were very insistent about me playing the game, because it was "so awesome!", but I was adamant. I really didn't have any interest in playing some game with an old, grouchy fella traveling with a lippy teenager and killing some zombies on the way.

    After a year of incessant insistance, I gave in... and tbh, it was okeish, I just played it to know what the hype was about, but I didn't get emotionally invested with any character and I was glad when it finally ended. I kinda liked it, but I didn't touch it again after I completed the first playthrough.

    Years later, I saw TLOU2 gameplay demo... Holy fuck wasn't I blown away. I remember telling my friends "dude, that game looks brutal AF, I can't wait to play it!" and one of them told me "haven't you watched the leaks? People are hating on this game so hard right now, they killed Joel!" Given that i wasn't emotionally invested in Joel's character I said "Fuck it" and I got the game on day 1...

    Guys, Idk why the first game didn't succeed in making me invested with the story and the characters, but the second game had me at the edge of my bed (I got my tv and ps4 in my room) at all times. At first I didn't care that much for Ellie, but now I was on my path for revenge, slicing motherfuckers left to right, with the sole purpose of finding them asshats that betrayed Joel and Tommy. Somehow I felt the rage and hate that Ellie was feeling at the moment. I still remember how good it felt when Ellie stabbed Jordan in the neck. POS was trying to choke my girl to death! Then I go through Day 3, feeling somehow excited but at the same exhausted, I was just wishing for them to go back to Jackson. I remember thinking "it's ok Ellie, we got 4 of them and we found two of them dead, we are DONE here".

    Then Abby appears! And she kills Jesse!! I was ready to make her a swiss cheese with all of the ammo in my bag, but then... a flashback.

    NGL, I didn't care a lot about Abby's past as a Firefly or how her dad was killed. I started playing her section somehow annoyed, because I was left with a massive cliffhanger. Then the forest part occurred... In that moment, I stopped thinking about Abby's section as an inconvenient bump in Ellie's story, and started caring for her. This girl is a bad ass!!! And Lev is the best sidekick ever. I vastly enjoyed Abby and Lev's interactions, even better than Ellie and Dina's. Some of the most memorable moments for me are in Abby's Day 2, crossing the sky bridge, descending the building to arrive to the hospital, the fucking rat king...

    At the end of Abby's adventure I was in conflict, because I didn't have a clear idea of who should I root for. The theater fight happens, and I'm hesitant about beating Ellie's ass (I got over it when she blew my face with her shotgun, tho). At the end, I'm relieved AF, because both girls got to keep their lives.

    When we were in the farm, I thought that I had made it, I finally finished the game. Ellie is "happy" and "safe" with her girlfriend, having a simple life, I was relieved, fellas. Then that PTSD episode brought me back to reality... "This is far from over", I thought. Then Tommy comes to guilt trip Ellie and I'm like "Motherfucker, can't you see she's broken? Leave her alone, man!".

    Anyway, we go to Santa Barbara, CA. Abby and Lev are looking for the Fireflies, Lev is rocking a pair of All Star Converse and I'm feeling happy that he's out of his Seraphite outfit. We make it to 2425 Constance Av. NGL friends, I was at the edge of tearing up when Abby's voice broke down when she wasn't getting any response from the radio. But somebody answers!! I was like "Yes, dude, yes! you go and find them, girl!" My happiness vanished in 30 seconds when she and Lev were ambushed by them fucking slavers.

    Back to Ellie. My girl is just a shell of her former self. Skinny, depressed and basically done with everything. Then she falls in a trap and gets injured... Fat Gerald and some asian guy from The Fast and the Furious enter the scene. At this moment, I get why people loved Ellie so much in the first game. She casually mocks her captors when the clicker startled them. She was on the brink of death, losing blood, with every disadvantage possible bestowed on her, and she still calls the asian dude a little bitch.

    The last fight against the rattlers is so fucking intense. An injured, blood covered, half-starved girl with nothing to lose raining hell over a bunch of fucking slavers... it was epic, NGL. Then the beach. This is the second time I've been hesitant about defeating the final boss in a game (the first one was killing the last crone in The Witcher 3, to achieve the bad ending) I just wanted both girls to stop suffering FFS. You don't know how fucking ecstatic I was when Ellie left Abby out of the water. After the final flashback, I understood why people loved Joel so much.

    I finished TLOU2 and went back to the first game. Boy, now I understand why people love it so much. Ironically, the second game made me love the first game. Those little details that connect the two games are everything.

    Ofc I played both games to my heart's content, I got all the trophies for the second one and I got most of the trophies for the first one (fuck factions' trophies). I can say with confidence that TLOU 1 &2 share a spot in my top 10 games of all time.

    TL;DR: I didn't care for TLOU1 until I played the second game. Now I love both.

    Edit: spelling.

    submitted by /u/StealthyBasterd
    [link] [comments]

    The Last of Us Remixed by liltommyj

    Posted: 13 May 2021 09:54 AM PDT

    TLOU Part 3—Is the creation of a vaccine a let down?

    Posted: 13 May 2021 10:45 PM PDT

    All of this is just conjecture and fan-driven discussion. I obviously don't know anything about what may happen. I'll try to keep it short because I'm curious about what people's expections are.

    I've seen plenty of people hypothesize that part 3 would logically follow with a story about Ellie sacrificing herself for the greater good. I understand that this would follow a thematic thread that NaughtyDog is weaving (TLOU, Love/Growth > TLOU2, Hate/Grief > TLOU3, Sacrifice/Selflessness). We'd get to see an Ellie redemption arc, and Ellie, being molded as this action hero of a sort, would finally do the most noble thing, sacrificing herself for the prosperity of humanity.

    That being said, do you think that the conclusion of Ellie sacrificing herself to create a vaccine would be unsatisfying? Or do you think that would be fulfilling?

    Personally, I think this idea wouldn't be bad, but I could see how it would feel fruitless. At what point, does this simply become the world we live in and we accept that? How much would a vaccine truly change, given how humanity has changed so much?

    submitted by /u/themightycabeld
    [link] [comments]

    How often does TLOU2 go on sale?

    Posted: 13 May 2021 10:28 PM PDT

    I just finished playing part 1 and even though I got spoiled the entire second part I still want to live the experience myself. However, there's no way I'm paying 80 canadian dollars for any game. With that said, I'd like to know how often the game goes on sale and if it's worth it to wait since I could watch a playthrough.

    submitted by /u/TheBabou268
    [link] [comments]

    Three TLOU 3 Pitches

    Posted: 13 May 2021 06:02 PM PDT

    Self-explanatory title. These overlap, so the differences are more about the playable characters than the story. Obviously these are rough outlines, so there will be some yadda yaddas.

    1) Ellie's story -- we pick up about 20 years after TLOU2 -- Ellie isn't as old as Joel in TLOU, but she's a fully grown woman who's become fairly bitter over the years due to her trauma and living in the world, which still kind of sucks. She's become obsessed with creating a vaccine, and believes the key would be to combine some aspect of her unique condition with something from the "Patient Zero" of the human cordyceps mutation. As we learned in TLOU2, hospitals are gnarly, gnarly places, and this one would be the gnarliest. Not only does this allow for a lot of imagination from a gameplay perspective (you could introduce as many kind of new infected as you want), but the audio logs/collectables that would describe the very beginning of the outbreak would be fun (we did get some of this in TLOU2's hospital level). If there's enough meat on that bone, Ellie taking agency and allowing whoever is with her to do what the fireflies would have when she was a kid would be a way to bring the series full circle, but you could also add on:

    2) Abby's story: This would pick up about 5-10 years after TLOU 2. The New Fireflies have somehow found a vaccine (maybe Ellie's fingers did the trick, idk), but now comes the hard part: getting the vaccine out to everybody. Again, the equipment they need would be in hospitals, which are places that suck, and the type of groups that make their home guarding them are flat-out scary -- a combination of the WLF's discipline and size and the Rattlers' brutality, who have fully integrated unleashing swarms of infected onto potential invaders into their camp. They'd be more short-term thinkers and try to steal the vaccine for their front-line soldiers and to encourage/force new recruits to join by giving them a vaccine in exchange for servitude. The fun part from a potential gameplay perspective would be larger-scale conflicts this story would allow for, which could be a nice showcase for the PS5. (We did get this with WLF and Seraphites in 2, but this would be more playable) Also, Abby and the Fireflies could be the backup Ellie needs to complete her goals and/or live, which would "solve" the problem of Ellie letting Abby live after saving her from crucifixion and then trying to kill her at the end of TLOU2.

    3) JJ's story: This would be the most organic way to give us a "new" character (I think Lev is fine staying as a side-character/NPC). This would mostly be a new story, with the potential for symmetry that could either be nuanced or groanworthy -- having the plot start off with Dina dying and JJ going on the road with Ellie (I don't see any version of Ellie and Dina back together romantically or really even that cool with each other, but it's possible they could get to that foundation of their respect and love for each other, and that Dina would want Ellie to take care of JJ if something happened to her.) At some point, JJ will probably meet Abby, who is the reason he never met his biological father, so there's potential for cycle of revenge/forgiveness stuff there.

    And a cute ending could be JJ becoming Ellie's ride-along buddy/surrogate son, Ellie finally creating a vaccine prototype, and then realizing the only way for JJ to get through the spores to get out of the hospital is to have him take that lone prototype, bringing the "trolley problem" ending of TLOU back. The darkest ending would be if Abby had the lone dose of the vaccine on its way for reproduction, but JJ didn't know that and found an opportunity to kill her, driving the REVENGE IS BAD AND THIS GAME IS DEPRESSING themes even further.

    Anyway, some of that was way too specific and will clearly never come to fruition -- I have a lot more faith in the ND team than I do. The bare-bones of what I want would be:

    1 -- Have Ellie be the main playable character and protagonist -- this trilogy is Ellie's story.

    2 -- Have Abby interact with Ellie in a way that makes it "worth it" that Ellie ultimately decided to spare Abby's life.

    3 -- At some point, a functional vaccine should enter the plot -- either use the "prototype" as a MacGuffin, or go into the realistic issue of what recreating and distributing the vaccine would be (as we see with COVID-19 vaccines in a pre-apocalypse world, it doesn't happen overnight.)

    4 -- Have Abby meet JJ, because there would be a lot going on there

    5 -- It doesn't have to be with a hospital, but the idea of the crazy mutations that could be found closer to "patient zero" and/or a large-scale conflict with a large and malicious militia/settlement

    6 -- The only way I can see the trilogy coming "full circle" is to have the conclusion feature JJ in some kind of prominent role, just like Ellie did all the way back in TLOU 1. Let your imaginations run free with that.

    Again, just some ideas from a bored guy on a Thursday afternoon who isn't as good at this stuff at the people at ND or, in all likelihood, a lot of people on this board. Let me know what you think and chime in with your own ideas!

    submitted by /u/John_Krolik
    [link] [comments]

    Ellie can't be the only immune one right?

    Posted: 13 May 2021 05:45 AM PDT

    I know I am late, as in SUPER late to this, but what are the chances or the percentage possibility of someone else being immune to the cordyceps fungi? I tried searching this up on google hoping to find a reddit discussion on this, but I didn't, but if somehow there is one, I wouldn't mind a link to it, Because it is possible that not ONLY Ellie is immune right? There is a possibility that someone else is too.

    submitted by /u/trappedinnostalgia
    [link] [comments]

    The Last of Us or Part 2?

    Posted: 13 May 2021 03:11 PM PDT

    Which game did you prefer or enjoy more? Personally, I liked the first game more, but the gameplay in part 2 is one of the best things I've ever experienced. Overall, which game did you like more?

    submitted by /u/RD-archived
    [link] [comments]

    Something I just can’t get over with the ending of Part 2

    Posted: 13 May 2021 04:48 AM PDT

    ...is Ellie losing her fingers. I have replayed the game multiple times and each time when I see it happen it just sickens me. I am slowly but surely processing the ending and seeing that it isn't as depressing as I thought, and that Ellie is on the right path, but I just can't for the life of me understand why did ND decide to have Ellie lose her fingers. It seemed so unnecessary.

    When I see her hand in the epilogue and how she picks up the guitar, all I can think of are chicken feet. Why did the writers decide to give Ellie such a permanent scar? Did she not go through enough? There must be more to it than just doing it for the sake of showing "the cost of revenge", right? Right?!

    And while we're on this topic, how do you think Ellie managed immediately after the fight? Only the tip of one finger (iirc her ring finger) was physically bitten off. Her pinky had a bite mark but was not bitten off. Her pinky is missing even more than her ring finger. So this would mean she took a knife/machete or whatever and had to cut pretty much her entire finger off by herself?! How does this work and how can do it, let alone the pain and additional mental trauma?

    submitted by /u/nortonhearsahoot
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment