• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 22, 2021

    The Last of Us | The last of us 2 gameplay is so good!

    The Last of Us | The last of us 2 gameplay is so good!


    The last of us 2 gameplay is so good!

    Posted: 21 May 2021 05:07 AM PDT

    Abby has a doppelganger

    Posted: 21 May 2021 08:51 PM PDT

    1/6 Scale Ellie Action Figure

    Posted: 21 May 2021 05:54 PM PDT

    Feels good to get this completed

    Posted: 21 May 2021 05:19 PM PDT

    My art of the two

    Posted: 21 May 2021 07:42 AM PDT

    Yeeted

    Posted: 21 May 2021 07:58 PM PDT

    It’s a beautiful day to cry your eyes out

    Posted: 21 May 2021 12:56 PM PDT

    Just finished a blind playthrough of tlou remastered and tlou2 for the first time. I'm absolutely blown away

    Posted: 21 May 2021 05:38 AM PDT

    I feel so lucky to have had zero spoilers, or zero knowledge of how the games were recieved. I didn't see any footage of play throughs, or any trailers. All I knew was the title of the games and the box art. (Also played the left behind dlc)

    After finishing part 2, I was so excited to start reading discussion, watching behind the scene footage, and just get drowned in as much post game content as I could.

    I can honestly say I was so shocked to learn how it got review bombed and had so much negativity surrounding its release.

    The issue with LGBT themes, female body image, and the plot, none of that came to my mind when playing. It was all very organic, and worked well for me. I actually thought, yes! A strong beefy female character, rarely see that in games/tv. And it suited Abbys character arc to a tee. Of course she would beef up after her father's death, it came across as a defense mechanism to me. She's looking after herself and preparing for revenge. (Creates a scary enemy for Ellie too)

    As for the plot, just wow, wow! Never had a video game evoked such strong emotion and reactions. Seriously, completely blown away by what naughty dog achieved here.

    The uncomfortable feeling, the dread of playing as Abby lasted a good while, and never completely disappeared. But I was sure begging for Ellie not to kill her on that beach. It became a discussion in my head, Ellie could kill Abby, revenge for Joel complete. But at what cost? Would Ellie ever truly be happy? Would it destroy her?...

    I thought it was such a cruel ending for Ellie, she's lost everything apart from dina and Tommy. But on reflection, Abbys actions have cost her everything too. She doesnt kill joel - owen, meg, manny all live. It just shows the cruelty of the world they live in. The loss each character had to happen, otherwise the world they lived in wouldn't be realistic or believable.

    Ellie, in the end, saves who she set out to kill, and with that act, saves her memory of Joel, and delivers what he wanted all along for Ellie. A life worth living.

    Of course this is my opinion, and I'm not posting to change others opinions, but to express my own experience, and love for what I think is a true masterpiece

    The fight in the theatre, when Abby is captured by scars and hung, the fight on the beach. My heart was pounding, just completely in awe how this game made me feel.

    Two stand out moments: When your at the farmhouse, I was begging for tommy to be alive. The second he showed up on screen was immense, I was close to tears.

    When Ellie is drowning Abby and you think this is it, its happening. I was SO conflicted, I didnt know what I wanted, slight favour to Ellie, but I was actually muttering let her go, c'mon let her live, but then POW, a flash of Joel, huge lump in my throat and the wave of relief to see Ellie let Abby go, oh god, what a moment! I was so emotional, bursting with happiness they both got to live. Ellie no longer consumed by anger and violence.

    Never before has a game evoked such strong, powerful emotion. Just, wow.

    10/10

    submitted by /u/Plugsocket12
    [link] [comments]

    Diggin the new do, Tess ��

    Posted: 21 May 2021 04:13 PM PDT

    "Say whatever speech you got rehearsed...

    Posted: 21 May 2021 10:10 AM PDT

    and get this over with" line it's just damn badass and feel like it went over the radar with all the fuss around Joel's death.

    submitted by /u/Sumanovicius
    [link] [comments]

    Almost got wrecked

    Posted: 21 May 2021 02:47 PM PDT

    Beyond Desolation

    Posted: 21 May 2021 09:12 AM PDT

    POV you can’t stop thinking about Tlou2

    Posted: 21 May 2021 12:16 PM PDT

    At least once a day I think about this game. Either the story, characters, ending ect. This game as both ruined and perfected my life

    submitted by /u/pylon_land
    [link] [comments]

    This is my most liked picture on insta, would love to know what everyone thinks ��

    Posted: 21 May 2021 06:54 AM PDT

    "You Can't Stop This..."

    Posted: 21 May 2021 09:13 AM PDT

    What did you feel when Ellie took his revolver...

    Posted: 21 May 2021 03:45 PM PDT

    You know who I mean.

    In almost every trailer, every poster, Joel had it. Even in the story, that's pretty much his default gun. Which weapon he used to shoot eleven infected while upside down? Which weapon he used to shoot his way out of the university? To interrogate that Ethan guy? Which weapon he used to kill Marlene? Which gun is the only gun that is actually buffed in Grounded? The answer to all of the above is the revolver. By this point, for some reason, this gun is treated like it was Joel's excalibur, his flashing invincibility star, his goddamn can of spinach...well, you get the point.

    So naturally, Ellie taking it, at the same time as his watch...it felt like she was carrying some kind of legacy, you know? And judging from the way ND set it up, I'm sure it was supposed to be the intended emotion.

    What about you guys?

    submitted by /u/Super-Shenron
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to melee on grounded

    Posted: 21 May 2021 02:45 PM PDT

    Gorgeous graphics from 2013!

    Posted: 21 May 2021 05:51 AM PDT

    I love this photo mode

    Posted: 21 May 2021 01:21 PM PDT

    Which fictional character from a "realistic" show do you think would do best in the Last of Us world?

    Posted: 21 May 2021 04:12 PM PDT

    Not people like Superman or the Mandalorian, but more like the cast of Modern Family or The Wire.

    Personally, I think Mike Ehrmantraut from Breaking Bad would probably be pretty happy as an enforcer or something for the WLF.

    submitted by /u/D-Bot2000
    [link] [comments]

    Ellie - Finding Strings

    Posted: 21 May 2021 07:56 AM PDT

    My screenshots I took a while back

    Posted: 21 May 2021 12:00 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment