• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 8, 2021

    The Last of Us | A great way to end my Birthday.

    The Last of Us | A great way to end my Birthday.


    A great way to end my Birthday.

    Posted: 07 May 2021 07:52 PM PDT

    I can make it quick! Or I can make it so much worse!

    Posted: 07 May 2021 05:12 AM PDT

    Don’t fuck with me when I’m trying to upgrade my weapons!

    Posted: 07 May 2021 08:42 AM PDT

    Last of Us 3 Premonition

    Posted: 07 May 2021 07:34 PM PDT

    (Just my thoughts, I'm just some dick head)

    I think it's a planned trilogy. The resolution will happen in part 3. And there's an ideal place that it has to go.

    Why would we have seen Abby contact the Fireflies at the end? Then immediately reference her father?

    From a storytelling perspective, it seems to imply that she's gonna meet up with them and they're gonna discuss her dad. Either that, or they were fake Fireflies. But the implication is there so you have to at least consider it a possible indication of where things could go.

    I think the game foreshadowed a lot of it's story beats already, so I do think it's possible to imagine some places it might be going.

    Abby seemed pretty involved in her dad's life, (was in the next room during crucial conversations in the flashback, etc). She says she even picked up a few things from him. Abby's dad, and his supposedly "one off chance" that he could save the world by killing Ellie, is the thing tying all three games together. (IMHO).

    And Ellie is obviously gonna feel pretty rough after learning Joel's secret, losing Joel, losing everything else, (including her fingers and even guitar playing ability. For what? Revenge?! Fuck).

    Think how it would fuck you up if you lost even the little things on a failed revenge mission that cost countless others their lives?!

    So I'm thinking in part 3, Ellie goes looking for Abby, or the Fireflies. They've both overcome their thirst for vengeance and seen the damage that it did. Ellie wants to do some good to correct all the wrongs. She's haunted by all the lives lost after the moment she should have died. She sets out to sacrifice her life for the cure, as she thinks should have already happened back at the hospital. She goes looking for the Fireflies, hoping they've resumed the search for a cure.

    That's the real end to this story. In true, bleak, Last of Us fashion, we play the whole game as if it's a march to our death.

    The twist at the end, imo, could be that JOEL WAS RIGHT all along. Ellie didn't actually have to die to make a cure. They just needed the right scientist. Abby's father was wrong. Too driven by his compassion, his need to help. He was over zealous. Maybe he would have both a) failed to make a cure, and b) killed Ellie for no reason.

    The final conclusion of the trilogy proving that Joel actually SAVED the cure by saving Ellie.

    There is so much room for Joel to still be a central role in chapter 3 if this is where they went with it. Flashbacks that make subtle points about his judgement for instance. How trustworthy the Fireflies really were to him, etc. Something went down between Tommy and Joel in between the outbreak and the 20 years leading to the events of the first game. All that could easily be revisited in flashbacks.

    That would be the most fitting resolution to the story, imo. To see our stoic, unrelenting hero Joel be proven right. I think that's why we didn't kill Abby and left the story unfinished. It's a trilogy. There's a whole chapter 3. That's why Abby was even introduced. SHE'S the bigger picture. The connection between the previous cure effort and the successful one.

    The game was obviously making a point about empathy in chapter two. And how the survivors have not yet learned to work together for the greater good. It was almost certainly intentional to divide fans on the "but I just want my revenge" issue, with Abby and the ending.

    But the Last of Us was always about the necessity of violence. That's always been the point.

    I think the middle chapter was the big chance to be controversial and do some "social commentary". While we (the audience) were in in dark waters, unsure where the story is going. (Like George Romero did so effectively back at the start of the genre, eh?). Part 2 is the awkward phase of your hair growth, when you look like a fuckin dick head.

    After that? Well you could either conclude the story in a way that echoes the meaninglessness of the whole struggle, or you could end it with a meaningful conclusion? The "happy ending". The one that makes sense of everything that came before.

    I lean towards the latter. (but I am just a dick head).

    Games have both a vulnerability and an advantage over other media in that their story beats take place over many years nowadays, potentially taking decades to come to their conclusion. If Developers aren't looking to seed "HOLY SHIT" moments a decade down the line with their work nowadays, they're certainly missing a trick, imo. For true fans, the story weighs so much more than movies, tv, etc. Just purely for the uncertain amount of time it's gonna take to tell the story. I just think ND have this up their sleeve.

    TLDR: Abby's dad was wrong about the cure. If he'd killed Ellie he would have destroyed any chance of mankind surviving. Joel SAVED the cure by saving Ellie. The horrible thing that Joel did? Saved the fuckin world.

    submitted by /u/bifkintickler
    [link] [comments]

    Why hadn't anyone told me about this BRUCE (e)LEE jumpsuit lol

    Posted: 07 May 2021 11:48 AM PDT

    I did a guitar cover of Gustavo Santaolalla's beautiful "The Path (A New Beginning)" (aka TLOU1 end credits song). Hope you guys enjoy it!

    Posted: 07 May 2021 05:08 AM PDT

    You slaughter all our people and think you can get away with it?! Think Joel!

    Posted: 07 May 2021 05:07 AM PDT

    Ellie Smiling �� (PT2 Photo Mode)

    Posted: 07 May 2021 09:28 AM PDT

    Nothing crazy but it felt good nonetheless

    Posted: 07 May 2021 12:38 PM PDT

    Joel's true reaction to discussing the events of the end of the first game with Ellie has been leaked.

    Posted: 07 May 2021 05:33 PM PDT

    “I’m gonna find...and I’m gonna kill...every last one of them.”

    Posted: 07 May 2021 08:17 AM PDT

    I painted another portrait of Ellie and thought I‘d share it (oil on canvas by myself)

    Posted: 07 May 2021 01:36 AM PDT

    Got Ellies tattoo for temporary and it is absolutely beautiful on my arm definitely gonna get the real one in the future ����

    Posted: 07 May 2021 11:53 PM PDT

    Out of Bounds Secrets | The Last of Us Part II - Boundary Break

    Posted: 07 May 2021 09:06 AM PDT

    Finished this game and it was great.

    Posted: 07 May 2021 05:30 AM PDT

    A few days ago I made a thread here asking if it's worth spending 60 dollars on TLOU 2 and most people said yes. I got the game same night and started playing it. It was an amazing experience which I don't regret. Spoilers ahead.

    This game was great honestly. Joel death was brutal and came in right at the start setting the 'tone' for the game but as much as I loved Joel and was furious about his death I was too busy being invested in wanting to explore. I loved the first part of the game. These flashbacks with Ellie and Joel reminds me of the first game and I was totally there for it. Then came Abby's part of the story. Now at first during the intro part where she meets with her dad I wasn't really buying in but over time she grew on me. I actually love Abby as much as Ellie. My heart was on the floor during the confrontation at the theater and I was literally begging for Abby not to kill Ellie. The arc between Lev and Abby only strengths my liking for her character. I think I liked all character except for Mel. Overall had a great experience. I am gonna replay the game.

    After I finished the story I went online to see the reviews and why the hate so massive but it's mainly boils down to Joel's death which I understand but don't agree with and pacing. Alot of my favourite youtubers who makes game reviews had an issue with the pacing of the game. I didn't had much issue with it myself and thought it was done properly enough for me to care. I think this game is over-hated. This is one of the first time I have such a massive disagreement with the majority. This game for me wasn't a 10/10 but it was an 8 atleast. I can't wait to know where they might take the game next if they ever do.

    submitted by /u/SakariasTorben
    [link] [comments]

    What’s your favorite “The Last of Us” franchise moment? What part in either games stuck with you?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 10:02 AM PDT

    I got many but I wanna hear y'all's too.

    submitted by /u/RD-archived
    [link] [comments]

    A question to the people that replayed the game

    Posted: 07 May 2021 04:52 PM PDT

    Did you like the game more or less? Did you sympathize with the characters more?

    On my first playthrough, Day 1 and Day 2 with Abby (outside the gameplay) felt like a chore because most of the flashbacks completely killed the momentum. It got to the point that I lost interest in almost everyone except Abby. Also knowing how everyone was gonna die didn't help much but on my 2nd playthrough, I played with a much more open mind and I liked the game more since I understood what Owen, Mel and Abby's purpose was to the game. I appreciated their writing even more & felt sorry for their deaths a lot more.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/AskewScissors
    [link] [comments]

    What if Ellie got caught at Rattlers instead of Abby?

    Posted: 07 May 2021 10:41 PM PDT

    I am still amazed that Ellie defeated Rattlers

    I think it's too much because Abby is better fighter and stealth than Ellie

    For me if Ellie got captured then she will get eaten or dead considering Ellie is not that muscular and kind of like inexperienced girl ,she certainly would be dead in weeks

    Considering her behavior they certainly would punish her immediately ,if she spoke anything insulting

    For me if Ellie got put on pillars then she would be dead in short time

    I feel like it's say situation with salt lake crew vs Ellie, I mean Rattlers are even worse they certainly would get triggered pretty easily

    submitted by /u/abhi321198
    [link] [comments]

    Abby was not raped at Rattlers!

    Posted: 07 May 2021 10:35 PM PDT

    I am hearing this argument that Abby getting raped

    I don't think so , they made Abby a slave and Lev a prisoner , the point is here is that Abby tried to escape and as a punishment they put her on pillars

    Not to mention few days after Ellie saved them

    So I am saying that , when that fat Rattler was saying arms like mine that suggest that Rattlers were heavily impressed by Abby's strength so they made her slave

    Also they are acting different for different for people like Ellie , small Rattler was saying that she will last one month , considering Ellie young and not that muscular they already decided her to eat when they first saw her

    So my saying Rattlers are pretty much very disgusting function but considering some dialogue with Rattlers (Fat Gerald) I am thinking they certainly made her slave but they didn't raped her because cuz it's implied and understandable that Rattlers were looking for slaves and Abby was perfect to do physical work

    Also but when it comes to Ellie ,they told that she will last one month , saying that they were gonna eat her

    submitted by /u/abhi321198
    [link] [comments]

    Clearing a patrol in around 10 seconds, not much but honest work.

    Posted: 07 May 2021 02:52 PM PDT

    What do you think about this? (All credits go to @tlouvideogame)

    Posted: 07 May 2021 06:16 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment