• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 17, 2021

    The Last of Us | Shout-out to the Mcdonald's worker who was kind enough to let me take a photo of their Ellie tattoo

    The Last of Us | Shout-out to the Mcdonald's worker who was kind enough to let me take a photo of their Ellie tattoo


    Shout-out to the Mcdonald's worker who was kind enough to let me take a photo of their Ellie tattoo

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 09:24 AM PST

    You tell em Neil.

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 12:21 PM PST

    WIP of a series I'm doing of all my favorite video game characters as Tarot cards. Ellie = Death :)

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 07:40 PM PST

    This is my favorite tattoo I've gotten so far. I'm going to add onto it and get ellie next ❤

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 08:06 PM PST

    As soon as I heard they were cast I absolutely had to draw Pedro and Bella as Joel and Ellie

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 12:23 PM PST

    My small take on the toxic side of conversations surrounding TLOU2.

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 06:15 PM PST

    A lot of the conversations (such as on Twitter, Youtube etc.) surrounding this Game are honestly so toxic I'm gonna try and avoid them as much as I can from now on. I honestly don't need anyone else to tell me how I'm supposed to feel about anything, especially TLOU2. I love the Game, I love the Themes it explores, I love the World, the Gameplay, the Music, and no one is going to take that away from me. And I'm not interested in if my Opinion is "correct" or "incorrect", I'm not interested in someone writing a 5000 Word Article "proving" that TLOU2 is bad and poorly made and that my Opinion is "the wrong opinion", that shouldn't be the point for anyone. Media is something we consume on a Personal Basis, and whatever personal impact TLOU2 had on you is your truth, and that goes for both sides. But I don't feel it is really anyone's place to tell others what they should think about something. It's not about proving something, it's about the personal impact it had on you, and simply not juding others for finding enjoyment/not finding enjoyment in something you did/didn't.

    submitted by /u/_Andy_Bagles_
    [link] [comments]

    Recently got into trophy hunting. Couldn’t think of a better game for my 4th platinum. My loves for this game has somehow grown even stronger

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 07:23 PM PST

    The last of us helped me with the loss of a close friend

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 05:28 AM PST

    On the 12th of last month I lost a very close friend, We started to date but never made anything official and after they passed I was a mess (still sorta am) and I didn't know how to deal with it.

    I found my self replaying the first last of us for probably the 10-15th time I was just on autopilot at first but diving back into the world it honestly felt different and it felt like it was my first time playing it again, same for the second game it felt so much more real to me

    I felt everything the characters felt, never thought I'd cry playing a game for probably the 15th time but I did and it helped my vent some emotions and was a good distraction during the darker times

    I know no one who worked on the the games will ever seen this but I want to say thank you to anyone who worked on either game no matter how much they did.

    Sorry for any spelling issues I'm dyslexic

    submitted by /u/AFriendlyWookie
    [link] [comments]

    Did some fanart of Ellie

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 08:25 AM PST

    I wish the artist would add Abby and Owen so I can buy it too

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 10:23 AM PST

    SXSW on Twitter “The SXSW Gaming Awards return for 2021! Explore our nominees and vote on the year's most creative titles now.”

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 08:05 PM PST

    Troy Baker discusses the casting news for The Last of Us tv series.

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 08:25 PM PST

    So I installed The Last Of Us 2 theme on my Nintendo Switch I want everyone's opinions

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 04:52 AM PST

    My HBO casting news illustration

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 10:06 AM PST

    Any tips before starting this game?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 07:35 AM PST

    Finally!

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 12:41 PM PST

    Love Her or Hate Her, Abby’s a Badass (#7)

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 06:13 PM PST

    Rolled credits on The Pathless and noticed a couple familiar names in the voice cast

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 09:26 AM PST

    Finally got it today!

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 06:39 PM PST

    The way in which The Last of Us fanbase has completely galvanised itself over Part 2 is tragic and awful to witness

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 11:05 AM PST

    The Last of Us Part 2's key ingredient is empathy. It forces you to be in the other person's perspective and see things through their lens. Both games in the series show the ugliest parts of humanity. And ironically, seeing the fanbase tear itself apart over Part 2 has shown the ugliest aspects of the fan community for this game. People who love the game call people who hate this game like those on the other sub "simple-minded", "ignorant", "bitter" and "homophobic/racist", all whilst showcasing an unbelievable amount of holier than thou condescension when talking about those who see things differently to you. People who hate the game call people who love it like those on this sub "stupid", "Joel-haters/Abby lovers", "Naughty Dog Sycophants" and "SJWs", all whilst showing unbelievable rage and a complete deficit in empathy. The immense ugliness I've seen in both the other sub's capacity for anger at so many as well as this sub's incredible amounts of snobbery over people's responses to a game is disgusting. Never has a video game fandom looked so shameful.

    In reality, as I continue to play Part 2, I'm learning how there is no right or wrong response to seeing how this game is played. It doesn't matter whether someone hates Abby and loves Joel or vice versa. This game holds up a mirror to you in seeing how you respond to being forced to live through the enemy's experiences whether you like it or not. You may come away feeling warmth for Abby, indifferent for Abby or hating her as much as you did when she killed Joel. Similarly, you may feel the same for Ellie, along with all the characters who support both playable women in the game. Ultimately there isn't a right or wrong way to see the game. There's only your own way. It saddens me that the people who hate the game do not see that this game is objectively an amazing game. But I understand their perspective. I only just saw someone mock a user on this sub for having the flair "It was for nothing". Why mock people who don't have the same opinions as you. If anything, engage in healthy debate with them. Of course I disagree that it was all about Ellie helping herself deal with grief and learning to live without her surrogate parent. This game doesn't punish you for seeing things in your own way and we as fans of the game shouldn't either, and that goes both ways for people who are fans of the game and people who hate the game

    Edit: It's as if we've forgotten what made us all unite in support of this game. Because the writing was incredible, the first (and in my opinion the second also) game created an experience we had never seen a video game do before, the acting was incredible. It was one of the best games many had ever played. The ugly division from the sequel has completely split a fanbase into two with little room for feeling anything against the stark binaries of love and hate. The game is about the inability to appreciate the views of the other, and in a weird twist of irony, the fanbase has done the same

    submitted by /u/ProcrastinatingVerse
    [link] [comments]

    Now that I’ve finished part two, I believe that they should conclude Ellie’s story with a part three, but I also believe that they have the potential to explore this world with other games that have a different title.

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 01:16 PM PST

    If they make a last of us 3, I would love for them to end that series with that game and start a new game series in the same universe with all new different characters. Better yet, I'd love for them to have a storyline that's similar but also different to the walking dead (more so comics than show). Would this be cool or nah?

    submitted by /u/Bengieboy_03
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment