• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 9, 2021

    The Last of Us | Masterpieces of the medium.

    The Last of Us | Masterpieces of the medium.


    Masterpieces of the medium.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 05:21 AM PST

    I just love this picture so freaking much

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:40 PM PST

    Best Video Game of 2020 as voted by Metacritic users - The Last of Us Part II

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:33 PM PST

    Finally did it :) just finished my Permadeath playthrough to earn all trophies!

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 08:46 PM PST

    Getting some real life feels right here...

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 03:37 AM PST

    I have taken 333 photos of this game. Just absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to take more!

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:15 PM PST

    Screenshot that I took and thought it was cool.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 12:28 PM PST

    Finished The Last Of Us Part 2! Went in blind, was not disappointed. SPOILERS!

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 09:49 PM PST

    My god, what a ride! That game was absolutely incredible, every bit as good as the first one. Throughout the game, and afterwards, I was jotting down some things I'd like to discuss/mention:

    1) the museum for Ellie's birthday. The dinosaur and space museum, that was such a fun little hour of just watching Joel and Ellie be happy and carefree for a short period of time. Incredibly heartwarming amidst a depressing game.

    2) playing as Abby. When the game started, I thought to myself: who the hell is this and why am I playing her? Let me be Ellie or Joel! And then she meets Joel. HOO BOY, I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING!! Poor Joel, that part was ROUGH. And then after Day 3 in Seattle as Ellie, she confronts you in the theatre! And then you play as her for the latter part of the game! Thought that was an interesting choice. Didn't want to play as this Anti-Ellie, this Joel killer, but damn it, she grew on me! I hated how much I liked her character once I got to know her, her story, and her history.

    3)Yara and Lev were a cool addition! I was freaking out during the scene where Abby was being hung (that was the only trailer I'd seen of the game beforehand) and really enjoyed their characters. Although, poor Yara am I right? Lost an arm, and gets shot out of NOWHERE during Haven. She killed Isaac though, so she went out as a badass! And then they riddled her with like 8 bullets, oof. Lev was a cool character, I liked what they did with him. A girl named Lily didn't want to just end up married to an elder, he wanted to be a soldier. So he shaved his head, changed his name to Lev, and got punished for it. He was a good partner during Abby's story! I liked that he lived until the end.

    4) THAT SCENE AT THE END WHERE ELLIE TALKS TO JOEL ON HIS PORCH. The day before shit hits the fan. She's still pissed at him because of the end of the 1st game (rightly so) but SHE WANTS TO FORGIVE HIM! And then the next time she sees him, his skull gets caved in by a golf club. That scene was heart-wrenching to the extreme.

    5) that end fight with Abby was so good. After this huge, depressing journey for both of them Ellie ends up saving her life .. only to try to kill her in just a grueling, emotional fight at the end. RIP Ellie's fingers. I'm glad she let Abby live though, that little flash of Joel when she was drowning Abby was, I think, her forgiving Abby AND herself for their roles in Joel's death. Also, sitting in the water crying at the end? Emotions. So many emotions.

    6) that Wayfaring Stranger song during the credits gave me chills. That was good. I've listened to the Johnny Cash version a few times now already, love it.

    7) the Scars - sorry, Seraphites, whistling during combat was eerie as hell. Added some extra tension during the fights when out of nowhere, I'd hear a whistle and get hit by an arrow. Made my heart race!

    8) THE FUCKING HOSPITAL BASEMENT, OH MY GOD. I THOUGHT THE HOTELS BASEMENT IN THE FIRST GAME WAS BAD!! That part of the game had my heart POUNDING, sitting on the edge of my seat. Of course I played it in total darkness lol I had to but god damn, that abomination and the buildup to it was SO WELL DONE. Kudos to Naughty Dog for making me wish I was wearing a diaper.

    9) ELLIE AS A BOSS FIGHT?!?!? that was super fucking cool, especially since she would go around and collect things to lay trip mines?? And molotovs?? I won't lie, it was kind of satisfying dying as Abby during that fight since I thought to myself, nice Ellie you did it!

    Ok that's just some of my thoughts. The game was ridiculously depressing. Ellie and Dina were super adorable, I'm glad Dina had a healthy baby. Poor Jesse though, his death was so sudden. It was rough watching it twice from 2 POVs. All the deaths hit different when seeing them from both Ellie and Abby's POV.

    Naughty Dog made a hell of a good game, they managed to stick the landing perfectly after how amazing the first game was. Looking forward to playing it again!

    submitted by /u/Jjorrrdan
    [link] [comments]

    Finding Strings

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 06:20 PM PST

    TLOU2 wins metacritic game of the year poll in an absolute landslide

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 02:44 PM PST

    Out of all of the people Ellie has lost, the death of these two had the biggest impact on her.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 03:15 PM PST

    Practicing to draw Ellie ��

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 08:19 PM PST

    “I hope you’re not still sitting in your stupid fucking chair.”

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 11:23 AM PST

    My TLOU2 controller came today

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 09:19 AM PST

    Why I came around to liking Abby

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 03:31 PM PST

    I think one of the most controversial aspects of TLOU2 was Abby's character. Obviously there's been disgusting comments about her physical appearance (which I frankly don't get, she's goddamn beautiful) and unfortunately the voice actress for her has gotten hate on her social media, but I know those trolls aren't the only people who hate Abby. It's not surprising the person who killed our boy Joel gets a lot of hate but as I've played the game more and analyzed it, I think a lot of it is unwarranted. I know people can often be surprised on why people like Abby so I'd like to explain why I do.

    I like Abby because she's complex but, in my opinion, has her heart in the right place. Her saving Lev and his sister really showed the human side of her. How she interacted with all the other WLFs in the beginning really made me appreciate her too, with her constantly checking on everyone and making sure everyone is good. Even with all the problems she had with Mel, she wanted to make sure that she stayed safe with the pregnancy. I do know it was a little fucked that she was willing to do it with Owen despite knowing that he and Mel were together, but, I think you can equally blame both her and Owen for that one. And I also appreciated how at the end, she was willing to turn on the WLFs to make sure Lev would be okay. Plus, she's just a badass.

    I really went from absolutely hating her to really liking her character. What do you guys think? Do you like Abby too? Why or why not?

    submitted by /u/capamericapistons
    [link] [comments]

    Today was a good day

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:07 PM PST

    Bittersweet

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 02:51 PM PST

    Should I get the last of us remastered?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 04:06 PM PST

    It's currently on sale for $10, I've never played it, please be quick, thanks.

    Edit: I bought it. (:

    submitted by /u/Raptor-Games
    [link] [comments]

    This made me do a double take

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 05:36 PM PST

    Back in the summer, around the time of the release Part 2. I was inspired and made a live action short film set in the universe of TLOU, I've never shared it anywhere before because I wasn't sure if it was good enough but screw it. Surely one of you guys would enjoy it, let me know what you think :)

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 05:44 AM PST

    You have no idea what loss is

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 12:36 PM PST

    Anyone think about how much more weight this quote from Part 1 carries now?

    And it was already a fantastic scene.

    submitted by /u/ShamrockStudios
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of getting Ellie’s tat, what do y’all think ?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 11:35 AM PST

    Still pretty early on,but i can’t wait to take more photos

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 09:17 AM PST

    Thoughts on TLOU2: outstanding story

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 08:51 AM PST

    I just finished watching a playthrough of the game, as i had done with the first one, and it left me in awe. its some of the best storytelling ive come across in a game. it expands on the first part masterfully, keeping true to its style.

    joel being killed that early is brutal, but the story needed that push to be impactful imo. its a slap in the face by the cold world theyre in, and right from the beginning you have a deep wound and a call to action. then, playing as abby is jarring at first. but the game putting us in her story for so many hours i think does give us the chance to empathise with her. as we learn more of the story we realise the two sides of the struggle are just trying to make their way in the world, came across each other and then both have their justifications. by the ending stages of the game, knowing what would happen to owen and mel became increasingly painful. I love how the paths intertwine, and the characters are fantastic. i just wish wed got a bit more about abbys backstory, but i guess they wanted to keep ellie as the main protagonist.

    the ending was very unexpected but the scene of the final showdown is so great. neither wants to really go through with the fight. ellie feels an obligation, and in the end she doesnt find it in herself to finish it. it feels odd, but its one more instance of the game where feelings interfere with what would be the "logical" and expected chain of events, just like when abby went above and beyond looking for Lev in the island. the story feels very human and authentic throughout. i still dont fully get why she didnt kill abby, but that doesnt make it necessarily worse. abby had spared her life twice after all.

    thank you writers and directors, for an amazing story that will stay with me forever

    submitted by /u/kiritimati55
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment