• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 26, 2021

    The Last of Us | The Last of Us Part II becomes the most awarded video game of all time.

    The Last of Us | The Last of Us Part II becomes the most awarded video game of all time.


    The Last of Us Part II becomes the most awarded video game of all time.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 06:32 PM PST

    Haunted

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 09:08 AM PST

    One of my masterpieces of 2020!

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 04:21 PM PST

    Hillcrest is such a well designed level!

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 11:14 AM PST

    Portraits of Joel

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 01:29 PM PST

    TLOU2 is now the no.1 Reader's Choice GOTY of all time

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 08:37 AM PST

    At least according to https://www.gameawards.net/2020/09/2020.html
    With 89 Reader's Choice GOTY awards it has now surpassed all-time highest 88 of Witcher 3.

    Congratulations!

    submitted by /u/bartski_bms
    [link] [comments]

    Unless I'm missing something, TLOU2 is just one award shy of tying with The Witcher 3 for the game with the most GOTY awards in history, and they're still not done counting GOTY awards for 2020. It's awesome to see this kind of great reception.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 03:42 PM PST

    Done by J.j

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 06:01 PM PST

    Since you guys liked my Ellie drawings so much I dug up some old art!

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 07:13 PM PST

    This cool screenshot I took

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 05:22 AM PST

    TLOU2

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 06:30 PM PST

    7 months later, The Last of Us 2 still haunts me. The story is so devastating that it instantly brings me to full on tears. The theme of letting go of hatred to save that last bit of your humanity and soul always hits me like a ton of bricks. Can anyone relate and do you still think about the game?

    submitted by /u/chupakabralos
    [link] [comments]

    I know I'm late to the party...

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 01:04 PM PST

    My favorite chapter from the game.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 09:17 AM PST

    I just drew that

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 02:25 AM PST

    Clicker reference I discovered in one of the episodes of 'The Amazing World of Gumball'!! (Episode in comments)

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 12:04 PM PST

    My Concept for Part III Antagonists...

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 07:37 PM PST

    Seraphite Massacre

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 08:25 PM PST

    Stream

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 09:05 AM PST

    Custom display for my Last of Us pops came in the post today :)

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 08:25 AM PST

    My Praise of Part 2/ A response to another post

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 10:29 PM PST

    This post originally started as a response to a post. I was not intending it to be as long as it did but I got so caught up praising the game that I ended up writing a full length novel. I wanted to make it its own post because I feel like more people could see it and we would be able to have more a discussion (after all that is what reddit is for). Here is the original post that inspired me to write this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/thelastofus/comments/l5438t/tlou2/ I want to have a discussion with y'all. Anyway:

    I absolutely love these games. I finished both games for the first time last month but I have pretty much thought about them every single day. I have the art books for 1 and two. I played the dlc. I read American Dreams. It is truly a powerful series and deserves all the praise that it gets. Part 2 is honestly is great sequel. I still like the first one a little one but hats off to Naughty Dog for creating a sequel with a story worth telling and a story that lived up to the first one.

    In a way, I kinda like the more complex themes of Part 2 over Part 1. With Part 1, it was easy to easy to like Joel and Ellie. By the end of the game, most people (including me) understood and even agreed with Joel's decision. There was not really a lot of controversy about Joel's decision because you understood why he did it. Abby was completely different Abby was such a compelling character. At first I hated her but as I played, she became more fleshed out and realized. I understood her motivations and relationships. I never felt like Naughty Dog was overly trying to make me like her. By the end of the game, I didn't really know who to like. I understood both viewpoints which made the story that more powerful. The fact that there is not a typical "villain" character makes the sequel so unique. I hated having to play as Abby and hunt Ellie in the theater. I hated having to fight Abby at the beach. It was miserable and that just showed how expertly Naughty Dog crafted the characters. The "unlikable nature" of Abby allowed the complex themes of (forgiveness, humanity, letting go of hatred, etc.) to emerge and be meaningful.

    With regards to Ellie, I felt like the change for her 14 year old self to a 19 year self was a natural evolution. In other words, she still felt like the old character. It was so bittersweet to see how the story continued as she grew up. I kinda wish she stayed the 14 year old girl forever (if you know what I mean). I loved how ND dealt with the implications of the ending of the first game (her relationship with Joel after he lied). When Ellie mentions to Dina that she was watching a movie with Joel, I thought nothing of it. By the end, it was like a punch to gut. He was robbed from her in such an abrubt way. I cannot blame her for her blind hatred and thirst for revenge. One criticism that I have seen about the game is how Abby kills Joel so soon and abruptly. People have suggested that if she was given more characterization towards the beginning of the game, people would have understood her motivations. While I understand this viewpoint, I kinda disagree with it. By killing Joel off so mysteriously, I immediately hated Abby. Because of that Naughty Dog was able to make me feel how Ellie was feeling. She wanted to know why and she also had blind hatred. In other words, if ND had given some context to Abby, I might not have sympathized with Ellie's quest for revenge. I also touched on this but his murder so early on made me want to keep playing the game to figure out her motives.

    On a separate note, I kinda want to talk about the setting of Seattle. Let me just say that I loved it (maybe even more than the first game). In Part 1, I loved the idea of moving from one city/area of the US to another. It really helped with world building to see how easily the fungus had taken over. Compared to Part 2, the area felt more bite sized. With Seattle, you got to understand the complete devastation and collapse of society (imo a little bit better). Instead of seeing the traces of Cordyceps on civilization, Seattle shoves it into your face. Part 2 really showed the decline of civilization and maybe how events unfolded a little bit more (you can see this with FEDRA and WLF, Seraphites,etc.). It is also breathtaking to see all the giant, decrepit skyscrapers. The sequence with Abby and Lev and the skyscraper was one of the coolest in the game imo. It makes you feel so insignificant in the vast world of destruction and hopelessness. This is what makes the small, happy moments all the more special. I think Druckmann said something about how they used Cordyceps because the larger the population, the more likelihood that that population would fall pray and crumble. I also think that it is fascinating how Cordyceps does its work indirectly. Not only does it infect hosts directly which spread the fungus to the population (essentially wiping them out) but it creates hatred and unrest between existing humans. This also leads to more killing and deaths (all the while nature is reclaiming and is more prolific than ever). The game really shows how humans are so insignificant and powerless to nature and fate. (In the grand scheme of things).

    Both games are truly some of the greatest games of all time. I literally could write a novel discussing how much I love these games. It makes me sad that people actively despise Part 2. In my opinion, Part 2 forced the player to swallow some difficult pills. I think that it was not what people expected and because of that, people were unhappy. Naughty Dog placed a lot of faith in the players to understand and appreciate the complexities that are the Last of Us Part 2. I read somewhere (don't exactly remember) that LOUS 2 is the perfect example of how not to make a sequel. I could not disagree with this more. The characters were believable and interesting. The acting is some of the best that I have ever seen. The soundtrack is truly spectacular (both the instrumental music as well as the vocal songs). The world building and immersion is unparalleled. The animation conveys so much emotion. The gameplay is for the most part pretty enjoyable (maybe gets a little repetitive-wish there was a little more variety). The themes of part 2 were really complex and thought provoking. There was not a single aspect of Part 2 that I thought was bad. I thought pretty much every aspect of the game was well-constructed and meaningful.

    In my opinion, the Last of Us 2 is a example of artists coming together to create something truly unique and creative (in every sense of the world). It was such a powerful piece of media and not only should it be praised as one of the greatest games of all time, but it should be used as an example on how to make a unique, remarkable, thought provoking, memorable sequel and video game. GOD I LOVE THESE GAMES.

    Love to hear y'alls thoughts.

    submitted by /u/Quiet_Problem_1871
    [link] [comments]

    just a Wallpaper I made

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 12:03 PM PST

    I made more drawings of Ellie and Abby lol TLOU2 is the only thing that motivates me to draw these days.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 02:02 PM PST

    Joel observes Ellie’s suffering. It takes him a second to calibrate his next move.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 06:01 PM PST

    Remnants of a World Lost

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 11:06 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment