• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 27, 2021

    The Last of Us | How about 3 headshots less than a second?

    The Last of Us | How about 3 headshots less than a second?


    How about 3 headshots less than a second?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 05:45 PM PST

    No, this is not a screenshot out of the game!

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 08:19 AM PST

    I redrew the Grounded update screenshot in my style! Also, congrats for becoming the most awarded game in history!!

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 11:24 AM PST

    Fucking will deserved ND!

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 01:59 AM PST

    Upvote to scare the "paid critics" crowd

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 08:32 AM PST

    The irony tho.

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 11:02 AM PST

    Decided to shoot winter Ellie when we finally had some snow :)

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 08:26 AM PST

    Just a little Collage with actual evidence that this game is more liked than hated. Congrats to the most awarded game of all time!

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 10:18 AM PST

    [NO SPOILERS] "You can't stop this.." Congratulations to Naughty Dog for TLOU2 for GOTY of all time.

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 04:03 PM PST

    At least we have our health

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 12:01 PM PST

    Naughty Dog on Twitter “The Last of Us Part II has been nominated in 11 categories at the #DICEAwards, including Game of the Year, Adventure Game of the Year, Outstanding Achievement in Story, and more! Thank you to the @Official_AIAS. We're honored!”

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 10:13 AM PST

    Anyone want this WLF cap?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 03:57 PM PST

    winner winner chicken dinner!

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 02:20 AM PST

    When we first see Abby's group, the item each sleeps next to is foreshadowing

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 04:04 PM PST

    My first acrylic painting and wanted to show love to this game.

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 06:19 PM PST

    To Celebrate The Most Awarded Game In Gaming History I’m Posting My Fan Made Trailer To The Sub Reddit From My Youtube Channel Pubzy Games Feel Free To Check It Out Much Love Guys

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 06:31 PM PST

    They’re okay! They secured pillows!

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 03:11 PM PST

    The relationship between cordycep and host

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 08:39 PM PST

    I've spent a bit of time thinking about the fungus and it's really thought provoking how it works. The host is still alive and cognitive, but they have no control over their functions. It's like the fungus was able to find where brain function and consciousness meet and wedge it's way in between the two. The intellect of the fungus is directly observable through the actions of the host. For example, the infected don't react to light. The conscious host can recognize the light as a persons flashlight but the fungus doesn't. The infected will only attack once the fungus realizes that there is a person there.

    One thing I would love to see (and am positive I never will) would be experiments with the infected. Like for example, the host has a little sway over their actions in the early stages of infection. They can cry and it's been floated that some pull their punches a little since the host doesn't actually want to hurt or infect you. The wiki even mentions non-aggressive infected, which are folks that succumb to the infection but are able to withstand the urge to infect others even when the fungus is aware (though provocation will snap them out of it).

    So, if you put an infected in a room with a glass of water, would it eventually drink? Because the human is thirsty but the fungus doesn't recognize thirst as a sense. And if the fungus isn't paying attention, the human can exercise limited free-will. Could they exercise enough to lift a cup to their mouth?

    submitted by /u/_mrpinkdonttip_
    [link] [comments]

    Mission accomplished. My bookshelf's now fully occupied.

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 07:45 AM PST

    My experience with the Last of Us, or how I almost missed out on the greatest game/series I've ever played

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 02:19 PM PST

    Growing up I was never more than a casual gamer. I played the games I already knew about or the ones friends had recommended to me, but never much else. Outside of visiting friends, I never touched a Playstation - I was more of a Nintendo and Xbox guy until I sold the former and the latter died. When I finally moved out and eventually finished grad school, I wanted a console that could run GTA V and a good FPS but wouldn't die on me the way my Xbox had. Even so, when Black Friday came around my longstanding loyalty to Xbox almost won out - until I found an affordable PS4 & Call of Duty bundle. With the bundle came free digital download for a game I'd never heard of called "The Last of Us."

    I noticed the cover art for the game and rolled my eyes: a grizzled man and his daughter taking on the world - what a trope! Now, because of my unfamiliarity with PS, I'd never heard of Naughty Dog and I'd barely heard of the Uncharted series. When I saw TLOU came for free, I figured "this is probably just a subpar game that didn't do too well commercially and now PS is trying to promote it for some reason. Maybe I'll play it when I'm bored of GTA or CoD."

    If I was being honest, though, I figured I'd never bother with it.

    A couple weeks later I had a friend over who wanted to play a game together on my new console. GTA didn't have local multiplayer, and I didn't yet know how to configure the one in CoD. I was stuck. But then I noticed that TLOU had a multiplayer option and decided to download the game and investigate. I quickly discovered it was not local multiplayer. Before giving up on gaming that evening and shutting off the system, I was struck by the fact that the main menu didn't tell me much about the game - it was just a window, some vines, somber music, and basic text. I was curious - maybe there was more to the game than a trope.

    The next day I fired up my PS4 and was about to select GTA V but figured "eh, I may as well give this new one a try." By the time I reached the opening credits, I knew this game would be different. The storytelling gripped me. The gameplay engaged me and, at times, terrified me. The acting moved me. My roommate - not a gamer herself - would sit and watch so long as I was playing. I was invested in the journey.

    I was upset when Tess died. I shat bricks when I fought my first bloater and when the horde of clickers charging through a neighbourhood grew so large I couldn't pick them off. I was elated meeting Henry and Sam, and quickly had the wind taken out of me following their fate. I was an absolute wreck when I thought Joel died. I was nervous when Ellie met David. I freaked out when Ellie drowned, and I was torn when Joel lied to Ellie at the end.

    Don't even get me started on the second one.

    The game I'd come so close to writing off entirely moved me in a way no other game has done. I recommend it to my gamer friends whether or not they have a Playstation. I get excited when I think about the coming HBO series. When playing through the second one, I'd rave about it to anyone that asked what I was doing in my spare time during the pandemic. And now I'm thinking of getting a tattoo from the game.

    Needless to say, I couldn't have been more wrong in my first impression of the game.

    I know this story doesn't contribute much to this sub, but it's one that makes me chuckle knowing how wrong I was and figured some people might appreciate it :)

    submitted by /u/ThatDrummer
    [link] [comments]

    My own TLoU Controller :D

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 06:11 AM PST

    Ideas for Future Gameplay Elements for Part III

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 04:46 PM PST

    I've posted this comment on another post about this same topic, but I feel that there's a lot of ideas here that could spark some discussion. I'd also like to hear what you guys would like to see in a potential Part III, gameplay wise

    I'd really like for the environment to be even more interactive and for enemies to be more clever:

    Environment: - Bullets can penetrate through cover depending on the material. - Open car doors/trunks and hide inside of them - Molotovs can burn tall grass and spread. So if you want more places to hide, be careful where you throw them - Destructible environments (at certain locations). Setting off a trap mine on the first floor of a house could break the floor and create a hole big enough to allow you to drop into the basement. Or it could make a weak spot in the wall that you have to run through to open up a pathway - Moving and hiding bodies that you've already stealth killed. A trail of blood could cause an enemy to follow it (maybe they could call backup as well when they go to investigate). Though, I'm not sure how this mechanic would work if it was Abby since she just snaps necks - Jumping through windows with partially broken glass triggers a sound that enemies can hear and investigate. (I'm looking at you Hillcrest Houses)

    Enemies: - Have enemies throw objects/bricks/bottles at you) (It'd be dodgeable). (This was actually considered at one point in an early TLOU1 prototype about one minute in) - Stealth grabbing an enemy risks a chance of them shouting and screaming for help instead of staying quiet - Currently, when in stealth and hiding behind cover, a brick or bottle being thrown isn't seen, even if an enemy is looking directly where it came from. They'll only notice and investigate the noise at wherever it lands. I'd like for enemies to be aware of the direction from where a brick or bottle was thrown if they saw it being thrown. - Enemies can notice a trap mine if it's not hidden well enough - Choosing to not Strike/Execute the last standing enemy makes them thankful and they leave the area. [Maybe they could still be killable if they're in the middle of trying to leave the area. This could also risk a chance of them being aggressive against you (like how it is right now) or maybe even calling for backup] - If the player is hiding in stealth, they could be grabbed (mash square to escape) or attacked (meleed or shot) from behind by a human enemy that spots them. These types of sneak attacks wouldn't trigger the droning sound. If the player sees a sneaking enemy before they attack, then it'll just play out as if they were spotted normally.

    Etc. - Idle animations could show Ellie pulling a water bottle out of her bag and drinking it, or pulling out a granola bar and chewing it - I'm sure they haven't done this out of gameplay convenience, but I'd like for trap mines to be deadly to Ellie as well after placing them and flipping its switch - A hidden stamina bar that regenerates as Ellie catches her breath (a system that's already in place). This can limit the speed and distance you run, the number of melee attacks you can do, and the number of melee attacks you can dodge. This would also make a great skill to upgrade with supplements - A minor cosmetic thing, but I'd like for bricks and bottles to come in different varieties like the crafting ingredients do. A bottle could be a whiskey glass you find inside a kitchen cabinet, or a crystal ball that you found in a psychic's shop. A brick could be a piece of cinderblock that broke off from an unfinished construction project, or it just simply comes in a different color or a different number of holes - For enemy models to have more variety, like a random outfit or face generator (if the technology for it exists)

    submitted by /u/rustedkey
    [link] [comments]

    Grounded+ - The Seraphites - Stealth - No Damage

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 08:24 PM PST

    [VIDEO] The beautiful environments of Seattle, Day 2 -- feat. 'True Faith' sung by Ashley Johnson

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 03:52 PM PST

    Oh, Abby...

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 11:11 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment