• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 6, 2021

    The Last of Us | Here you can see my whole cosplay of Ellie, Seattle Day 2 version. More pic on my Instagram: dvbhebrickmvster , hope you like it!

    The Last of Us | Here you can see my whole cosplay of Ellie, Seattle Day 2 version. More pic on my Instagram: dvbhebrickmvster , hope you like it!


    Here you can see my whole cosplay of Ellie, Seattle Day 2 version. More pic on my Instagram: dvbhebrickmvster , hope you like it!

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 03:01 PM PST

    My Timed Edition posters of Abby and Ellie came in, from Mondo. So happy with them!!

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 10:27 AM PST

    Today I received autographed prints of Joel & Tommy. As a request I asked from them to write their favorite quotes from their characters and I gotta be honest, the fact that Troy Baker’s favorite quotes is “I swear” makes me smile so much!!

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 12:09 AM PST

    Jeffrey Pierce Replied to Me. Pretty cool if you ask me!

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 06:08 PM PST

    10 upticks for gamer genocide

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 02:36 PM PST

    I'm finally getting out of this building! :D

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 03:05 PM PST

    From a Kotaku article in which the author claims the game's diversity means nothing because the queer and non-white characters are violently killed by "two white women". Does this make anyone else roll their eyes?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 05:52 PM PST

    I like TLOU a lil bit...

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 11:48 AM PST

    My secret Santa present came...

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 03:56 PM PST

    [NO SPOILERS] "I'm gonna find..and I'm gonna kill..every last one of them." Made in SFM.

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 07:58 PM PST

    My Mondo poster finally arrived!!!! So happy to have this up on my wall and drawn by one of my favorite comic book artists as well!!!

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 04:40 PM PST

    Concept art from the art book shows how things could have been slightly different for Joel.

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 07:49 PM PST

    The Last of Us Part 2 Analysis/Essay - The Hero's Journey

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 08:02 PM PST

    After six months of rumination and self-examination, I finally feel like I have processed my thoughts enough in order to write an essay on my 2020 GOTY TLOU2.

    https://spiralculture.wordpress.com/2021/01/05/the-last-of-us-part-2-analysis-the-heros-journey/

    But rather than creating a 13 page 3,000 word Reddit post, here is a link to my blog where I published it earlier this morning. I don't make any money or adsense from my website, it is purely a passion side-project where I occasionally post essays about topics I'm passionate about, so if posting a link to my blog article here is against the rules I will gladly remove it, no worries. Hope you all are having a great day! Let me know what you think below!!

    submitted by /u/AniMaL_1080
    [link] [comments]

    Another little something I´ve been working on.

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 07:36 PM PST

    Well isn’t this familiar? ��

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 09:24 AM PST

    It's crazy how one of the main faces of the game still hasn't played it yet �� She's been uploading it since August

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 12:04 PM PST

    The Last of Us: The Animated Series [OC]

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 07:20 AM PST

    SO HAPPY WITH THIS!!!

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 12:42 PM PST

    How does the fungus spread ?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 07:31 PM PST

    Im sorry if this is a stupid question, but while I was playing there was a point where dina got a lot of infected blood on her face. It made me think about how the fungus spreads and if infected blood and saliva have the ability of spreading the disease. I assume the answer is no, but how does the bite from an infected person have the ability to spread but the blood and saliva of the infected have no way of spreading anything ? This is obviously a fictional game and none of this is plausible in general, but it got me thinking.

    submitted by /u/amazingyeti
    [link] [comments]

    Which island is the real world location for Seraphite's Island settlement of Haven?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 07:29 PM PST

    I loved the whole sub plot of this culminating with the raid. I'm just curious if it is based on a real island near Seattle like Mercer or Blake Island, or a completely fictional island, created by the waterfront being destroyed and reshaped.

    submitted by /u/jesusdoeshisnails
    [link] [comments]

    Mini essay on plot holes and inconsistencies

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 09:13 AM PST

    There really is nothing wrong with being able to see problems with a game. These could be aesthetic, narrative, technical, accessibility or audio etc. It would be wrong to expect people to look past any flaws when critiquing a game. However, there is a distinct difference between discussing flaws in a game and letting them take such a strong, singular importance that it completely dissolves any joy you could get from the whole game. It's far too common to see that any perceived flaw seems to be used as a sleight against the creators as an 'AH-HA GOTCHYA' moment rather than as genuine critique of the game as a whole.

    One of the most troubling critiques I see is that there are inconsistencies or plot holes in this game.

    This game doesn't have a single plot hole; and that's insanely impressive given its scope and complexity - jumping between and crossing timelines. It should be praised for not having any inconsistencies. Nothing contradicts anything that has previously happened and there is nothing that happens that is impossible or implausible.

    Just because you don't like it - it doesn't mean it's a plot hole or an inconsistency. Just because you can't fill in the blanks and haven't had your hand held the whole time/seen every, little detail - it doesn't mean it's a plot hole or inconsistency.

    The game doesn't narratively exist in the real world. This means that the world of The Last of Us has its own logic, which is much more important than any external, real-world logic you want to apply to it. If it makes sense for the world of The Last of Us then it isn't impossible and it isn't a plot hole. An example being that Joel survived an insane injury in the first game. Tommy survived one in the second. It's consistent - people in this world tend to be better at surviving catastrophic events. People travel long distances and we don't see it. Happens all the time. It's a logic the world establishes even in the first game, as it jumps through seasons and characters move from place to place.

    Character interactions and behaviour in general should be plausible but do not have to be likely. If characters reacted exactly how we predict them to act every time then there would be no tension, no suspense and the story would be incredibly bland and predictable. The characters act plausibly in The Last of Us Part 2 - it's believable, even if it's not a likeable or desirable choice that a character makes. People are unpredictable and complex. Ellie not being happy with Joel after he killed the fireflies and took her away without her being able to give consent - plausible. We don't have to agree or like the reaction and it might not be what we would do, but it isn't implausible.

    It's tiring seeing people use 'plot hole' to describe things they just don't like. If anyone genuinely believes there is something that constitutes a plot hole or an inconsistency (i.e. something that isn't plausible at all in the world of The Last of Us or contradicts something that previously happens in the game/s) then please do let me know.

    It's okay to not like something but don't blame your personal taste on 'bad' writing or 'inconsistencies'.

    submitted by /u/________BATMAN______
    [link] [comments]

    I got the closest thing I could get that looked like Ellie’s switchblade. And the last of us 2 came out on my birthday I thought that’s was cool.

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 06:47 AM PST

    A cool little thing I noticed

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 01:42 PM PST

    So you've probably seen those "video game logic" memes where it's like, if a character gets hit point blank range with a shotgun, they'll just eat a chocolate bar which will heal them, but getting shot/impaled in a cutscene kills them.

    I thought it was kinda cool how in Day 2 as Abby, Lev gets shot in the arm by the Scars when you take the ladder to get to the bridge, and he just wraps it up the same way you do with a medkit if you got shot as Ellie/Abby. Might be unrealistic but makes sense from a video game POV lol

    submitted by /u/AskewScissors
    [link] [comments]

    Started 2021 drawing this

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 04:32 AM PST

    A video essay going into ridiculous detail regarding game mechanics, story and character progression. Recommend you all check it out

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 05:04 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment