• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 19, 2021

    The Last of Us | Eli in Cyberpunk Style by me

    The Last of Us | Eli in Cyberpunk Style by me


    Eli in Cyberpunk Style by me

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 07:34 AM PST

    Ellie/Dina using the Our Son and Our Daughter features on FaceApp

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 04:58 AM PST

    Neil Druckman talking about TLOU2 crunch

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 10:44 AM PST

    This first game is absolutely amazing so far. I’ve just begun to see the relationship between Joel and Ellie build into something more. With the controversy surrounding II and the spoilers I’ve seen, I think I get it.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 09:10 PM PST

    The Last of Us Remastered— I'm currently playing it on my PS4 Pro, and WOW, it's such a fantastic game. It's one I've been holding off for years but have finally found the time to play it. Coming from amazing games such as RDRII and GoW, The Last of Us is holding up so far.

    I guess I'll have to wait and see if I like the rest of the game (I have a good feeling I will), and if Part II is as divisive as many make it out to be. I'm looking forward to both!

    submitted by /u/PrimeCedars
    [link] [comments]

    A little embarrassed as to what I had to pay for the custom frames, but I finally got the girls up on the wall!

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 10:22 AM PST

    In part II, you are not allowed to shoot or damage the PlayStation 3

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 07:55 AM PST

    [Spoilers] The ending of this game is a full force condemnation of Joel's actions in Ellie's eyes, contrary to popular literature on the topic.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 10:49 PM PST

    I have finally gotten around to finishing this game. I just couldn't do it for so long, mostly because of a mixture of real world stress and denial about finality in this universe. After witnessing the ending, I truly believe that many articles and popular posts on this subreddit have missed the point in how (I believe) the ending works, and how it ties into the structure of the game.

    For example, this popular post in this subreddit poses the ending as witnessing Joel and Ellie's last moments as a symbol of forgiveness. Where Ellie's recollection is one of starting down her path towards forgiving Joel for essentially dooming the rest of humanity and lying to her selfishly. Ending the cycle of death.

    Another recent post explains that Ellie's realization is that Joel did not save her out of selfishness, more because he saw generational hope instilled in Ellie. And that the human element was the driving force for why Joel lied to her.

    I apologize in advance to both of these authors for summarizing their wonderful posts and haphazardly throwing their own interpretations under the bus. Your opinions are valid and well researched. But I also think it's portraying the absolute fact of how his actions shaped the world around him in a positive tone that is not only not deserved, but in direct contradiction to what the writers showed us in the ending moments.

    Ellie did not let Abby go because she finally learned what forgiveness meant vis-à-vis revenge. Ellie let Abby go because she finally made up her mind. She answered the question "I don't know if I ever can forgive you". She inequivalently does not forgive Joel. She has tried, and failed to convince her emotional process to forgive him. I propose that is her realization, as dark as it is in the end.

    Leaving behind the guitar is not "coming to terms" in a positive sense, it is a symbolic process of accepting Joel for what he really was. A person who took all control away from you. Even if that person provided a stand in replacement of kinship and provided community through his connections.

    Pragmatism in this world is the number one rule. Survivors live by the credo of pragmatism. Ellie uses ruthless pragmatism in almost every encounter she is faced with. She is pragmatic in her very obvious belief that she would have given her life for the continued work towards neutralizing the spread of infection through a vaccine. She never wavered on that, not once. Even after learning all of what was at stake. She would have been pragmatic to the very end. Joel predetermined her life in his vision. And he chose a path that Ellie simply would not have taken. He chose humanity over pragmatism. Ellie deserved to be who she really was, a savior of the world (or at least die trying). Not a sudo stand in for a lost loved one.

    This does not mean it has to be a total condemnation of Joel in the viewers eye. I also am not positing that Ellie did not have positive feelings towards Joel, she obviously did. We can connect with the VERY human feelings Joel has as well. As Owen says in the Aquarium gift shop to Abby "We deserve to happy too" (paraphrase sorry). I absolutely wanted Joel to take Ellie from the hospital. I wanted Ellie to forgive Joel right away. I wanted Joel to have his care and support of Ellie reciprocated. Human interaction and thoughtfulness is what makes us human in the end.

    But we are not Ellie. Ellie went through the grieving process. But instead of being able to hash it out in our bedroom in our warm houses, she had to do it through a ruthless murder spree of equally deserving people. Thought processes like that take time, it just so happens hers was during a war path. She was murdering countless of people for an ideal of him she didn't even believe. "Can I forgive him?" is the main question of her narrative path in this game. It just turns out in the end, the answer is no she can't.

    Killing Abby senselessly after that realization makes no difference.

    Edit - What cemented it even further to me is the quick flashbacks of Joel's dead face during her war path. She was fighting out of trauma over real loss. But the final scene is when she actually realizes that the alive Joel was the representation of everything she despised about her actual circumstance. Alive Joel was someone who she did not agree with at all regarding her own life's path.

    Thanks for reading! I just finished the game last night and obviously have a lot to think about. I was heartbroken, yet profoundly moved by this game. I'm sure other people have made similar points to me, and I'm sorry for the reposting of content if that is the case. I just for the life of me have a hard time finding discussion on this game without some hate filled asshat claiming the game is "garbage". I hope this thread doesn't turn into that.

    submitted by /u/TopCheddar27
    [link] [comments]

    A The Last of Us Part 2 Tattoo I've been working on WIP

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 10:47 AM PST

    Joel Miller (Dad Bod) Cosplay - The Last of Us [image]

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 11:18 PM PST

    When the Jackson Kids dogpile Dina after the Snowball Fight, the Game considers them "Enemies" in Photomode

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 06:31 AM PST

    Saw this on twitter and thought this was really cool! [@InnaVjuzhanina]

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 12:27 AM PST

    I just finished part II, spoilers ahead.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 08:38 AM PST

    Major spoilers for the entire game

    Been six months, so I bought and played the game. I had a lot of fun with it!

    TLOU II is a controversial game. There's no doubt about it. Everyone has their own opinions. Personally, I think it's one of the best games I have played if not the best. It has flaws. I will be the first to admit it. But what it does everywhere else is nothing short of spectacular.

    The gameplay is sublime. It is polished and very satisfying. It builds on the already fabulous gameplay of the first and adds some new features that fit the gameplay and make it even better. The undeniable difference between playing as Ellie or Abby is masterfully done. Ellie is more suitable to stealth, so she has a knife to get quick takedowns. She does have worse guns, but that's because she is the first part of the game, which is definitely easier. Abby has a more difficult run of it, and therefore needs better guns. It's a great way to up the difficulty and switch it up.

    There are bosses in this game. I didn't expect this, nor did I think they were necessary, but I loved them. The rat king in particular scared the living wits out of me.

    Ellie and Abby have drastically different campaigns and are drastically different characters on different journeys. Ellie is out for revenge after Abby kills Joel. Her lust for revenge begins to consume her. The best moment to fully capture Ellie's descent to the dark side, if you will, is when she interrogates Nora. That whole scene is masterful and is followed by a great character building scene between Dina and Ellie. Ellie has some great character development, but was not my favourite part of the game. Not by a long shot.

    Naughty dog gave themselves an impossible challenge. No one has ever tried this, to my knowledge. And not to this scale. Naughty Dog killed off the loved protagonist of the first game, one of the most loved protagonists in gaming, in the first 2 hours of its sequel. Great way to set up a villain, right? There's not a villain. It makes Abby out to be the villain for 10 or more hours. And then hands you the steering wheel of Abby. It is masterful.

    You go from absolutely despising Abby, to at the very least tolerating her. In my case, I thought she was a better character than Ellie. Apart from that sex scene, which was really abrupt.

    You are handed the controls to Abby. A tough girl who has her fair share of enemies, some big flaws and a nice bit of trauma. But in meeting her dog Alice, joking around with Manny, learning what's happening with Mel and the situation with Owen, you're given reason to sympathise. I think this is where some people can't get past. It worked on me. I was in the shower, thinking about the game, and was like- Abby had her dad killed by Joel, and Ellie is trying to do the same to her. None of it is right. Ellie killed her friends. Of course she's mad.

    The whole Seattle day 2 (Abby) was the best part of the game. The hospital, the sky bridges. Clearing out the rat king, the hotel and the hospital. It is so tense, such a masterclass in suspense.

    You kill Owen as Ellie, it's no big deal. You see Owen dead as Abby, you understand the consequences of your actions. It adds so much depth that the people you kill have friends and family.

    You are powerless as you watch Tommy kill Manny, Abby kill Jesse and so on. You sit there with such pity for both sides, because they don't have to do this. But they are, and you understand why. You don't want anyone to die.

    Redeeming Abby has got to be one of the best feats of storytelling I have ever seen. I know some may disagree, but it is my personal opinion.

    I loved Lev and Yara. They brought the kind of calm that I felt Ellie brought in TLOU I.

    The ending is not perfect. But I don't see how I could have improved it. I didn't want Ellie to drown Abby. I didn't want Abby to kill Ellie. I winced every single time I slashed Abby with my knife as Ellie.

    It teaches a lesson that there are no winners in those consumed by revenge. It is a merciless cycle.

    I played on ps5, and although there has been no next gen patch as of yet, it is the best looking game I have ever seen. It is a next gen game on ps4, and it is beautiful on ps5.

    There are issues with pacing in this game, but that's all I can think of. It's a 10/10 for me regardless, surpassing the first game. It tried something fresh, something unique, and I don't think it could have worked for everyone. You had to evaluate from all sides. The hate this game gets is unwarranted.

    I know some people disagree with everything here. Please, be respectful and civil, this is my personal opinion.

    submitted by /u/Apollothethird
    [link] [comments]

    Another Parallel

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 12:48 PM PST

    There are several parallels in the game. They help to humanise enemies and emphasise how tribal thinking can blind you. I found a parallel between Ellie and Abby that took me a while to get.

    One of the biggest tragedies of Joel's death is that his and Ellie's relationship was beginning to improve/renew. Abby robbed them of a future. So not only does an obligation, bourne out of guilt, drive Ellie's vengeance, but also the hatred bourne from having unfulfilled hope snatched away so suddenly.

    This is also true in Owen and Mel's death. Owen's and Abby's relationship was broken, left neglected in favour of vengeance. And just when Abby was finding her way again, and was beginning to fall in love again, her unfulfilled hope was also snatched away. Thus, very complex, but very similar motivations drive Ellie and Abby. This theme of unfulfilled hope is also demonstrated in the death of Mel and her unborn baby.

    Honestly, the more I think about this game, the more I love it!

    submitted by /u/BarrellRyder
    [link] [comments]

    Ellie & Dina child Konzept

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 01:00 PM PST

    This video essay perfectly describes Part 2. I couldn't have said it any better myself. Thought I'd share it here since I love it so much.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 08:38 AM PST

    I’m about to embark on Survivor for the first time. Any tips?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 02:43 PM PST

    I've completed part 2 a couple of times already, but the highest difficulty I've gone through is Moderate+. I've heard from a lot of you that the higher difficulties add a lot to the gameplay experience, so I want to give it a go. I love video games but I'm not very good at them lol. I found even Moderate+ to be pretty challenging for me. Do any of the Survivor/Grounded vets have any tips for a first timer? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/ricemilklatte
    [link] [comments]

    Immunity

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 07:28 PM PST

    If Ellie was immune cause she had a different cordyceps, but was still infected, them if she bit other people would they also become immune as they now have the same cordyceps, or would that not work?

    submitted by /u/Revolutionary_Wind19
    [link] [comments]

    nice quarter abby

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 10:58 PM PST

    The wait for the ps5 patch has me thinking the update won’t be free

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 02:30 PM PST

    They did this last generation but that was due to the PS4 not being backwards compatible. I really don't feel like charging for a ps5 update is okay in this case. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Corgiiiix3
    [link] [comments]

    Should i play TLOU after completing 2?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 10:23 AM PST

    I received a copy of tlou2 with my ps5 and have really enjoyed the game, like easily in my top 5 games i have ever played. Is it worth it for me to play the original one? I feel a bit silly that i know so much of the end story but nothing from how they all got there. I see the OG is free with ps plus so it wont cost me anything but want to know if its worth me investing the time in the story.

    submitted by /u/redditforgotaboutme
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment