• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 12, 2021

    The Last of Us | Can't wait to see what Naughty Dog does with their first PS5 exclusive. Do you think the jump in graphical quality will be as big as it was from PS3 to PS4?

    The Last of Us | Can't wait to see what Naughty Dog does with their first PS5 exclusive. Do you think the jump in graphical quality will be as big as it was from PS3 to PS4?


    Can't wait to see what Naughty Dog does with their first PS5 exclusive. Do you think the jump in graphical quality will be as big as it was from PS3 to PS4?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 07:00 AM PST

    You can "accidentally" knock over the telescope in Hillcrest

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 02:52 PM PST

    This picture I took like 2 years ago really gives me a Last of Us vibe.

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 02:21 PM PST

    Lev in a moment of contemplation

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 12:51 PM PST

    This was golden

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 10:24 AM PST

    Death for freedom?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 04:00 PM PST

    The Unforgiven

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 07:19 AM PST

    [SPOILER] I hate how much I’m loving TLOU2

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 06:29 PM PST

    So yeah, I recently got a ps5 for myself (Christmas is a magical time) and with it I've decided to finally try TLOU2, since it was my first vacation in a few years...and oh boy am I enjoying it!

    The thing is, even though I absolutely love the story and gameplay, I also am a bit of a coward and every single time I have to deal with infected I get kind of panicky.

    Enter Abby's chapters of The Descend, in the big building, and Ground Zero, in the hospital...

    OH MY GOD I'm literally having to pause every few minutes in order to compose myself to continue, the ambiance of this game has been on another level in general, but these two chapters specially I have not been able to handle whatsoever thats how good they are!!

    Anyway, I'm writing this after pausing due to seeing the massive damage this incognito monster infected has done to the ambulance, and I dont think I have the strength to press onward today

    Good luck to me and praise this horrifically amazing game!

    submitted by /u/vpcm12
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat played through the last of us pt II and i loved the majority of the game

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 06:49 PM PST

    I am writting this fresh after beating the game so spoilers are going to be literred throughout my review. I want to start of by saying i'm expecting this to get hate from what i understand reddit has a massive hate boner towrard this game but i'm not sure if that still holds true in r/lastofus since this is my first post.

    I just want to say how amazed i am of how fleshed out this post apocalyptic zombie ridden world is. I had played the first previously but before playing the second i played through the first game to get a refresher on the events. Going from the previous game to pt. II the difference is night and day. They've improved everything drastically from environment to level design and story progression.

    I want to start with the story which seems to be where most of the hate is directed. As someone who avoided spoilers at all cost i didn't see the leaked vids and actively made sure i wouldn't see any spoilers going in. So i was more than a little suprised when i ended up playing as joels killer in the beggining and then to my initial horror later in the game. I understand now after completion why it was so important that i did but man some of the times where tough especially in the fight with ellie where you have to control abby. I of course let ellie kill me in ever way possible but having to beat the shit out of ellie was the only way to progress. Playing both the protagonist and the antagonist really helps to flesh out both characters to the point where you can almost immerse yourself as both characters as you play through their perspectives.

    Playing as abby in the midgame and seeing all of the Wolves and how they operate was really surreal in how militaristic they were but they had these wierd greetings and ways to say goodbye but later you realize they are just as much a cult as the Scars or Seraphites they fight against. Abby is no doubt a hardass but when she's saved by the Scar kids she gets a sort of change of heart and realizes what shes been doing all these years. She even ends up going awol over them and eventually ends up causes their leaders death. She evolves as a character and i eventually grew to like her a bit. The game is litered with stories of revenge and vengence throughout the whole thing but in the end i love how it all wrapped together aside from deena (dina?) Not being home at the end. It's truely a sad bittersweet ending but i'm looking forward to see where the game goes from here.

    Ellie is broken torward the end of the game and has lost pretty much everything Joel was like a dad to her and was the closest thing she'll ever get to one so losing him was tough, but the defeat abby gave her was arguably just as tough if not tougher. Her being at the farm house with deena's baby and living the quiet life seemed too good to be true and of course it didnt end there. The scene where she walks into the barn and has a PTSD attack really got to me and even made me cry cause i know several people with it IRL. I was beyond suprised to see abby later on looking like someone that escaped from a North Korean labor camp and felt so bad i could understand why ellie almost let her go. till Joel's corpse appeared in her mind and she decided she was going to fuck abby up. The fight at the end was just so god damn good i really wanted to end that bitch but Ellie seen joel flash in her mind being the good guy he was, playing the guitar on ellies porch, and she decided to let her live to see another day. I hope thats the end to their bonds of hatred they've both had a chance to end the other and have came out of it with resolved greif.

    Lets get into the combat. Boy this is where this game really shines the gunplay of this third person shooter is astounding and the melee combat is just as good and viable in most situations. I've never played a game with so many different animations between the hand-to-hand combat and weapons choices from sticks to hammers. There are even instances where you can disarm an attacker and kill them with their own weapons. There are so many different ways to approach combat and the environments they give you allow you to have a whole playground of choices. There were a few instances where i was able to throw a brick into a room luring out infected into a group of patrolling soldiers causing a very interesting fight carry out that wasnt completely one sidded allowing my to sneak around and take care of one or two enemies opposed to 10-15. I haven't played a game where stealth was this fun since like the good old splinter cell games i truely loved every minute of this game i cannot over state it enough.

    Honestly i think i might catch some flak for this but i think the game is pulled off wonderfully and between the stellar graphics, animations, immersive story telling, and incredibly dark themes i have to say this game actually is a masterpiece and deserved every award given to it for the 2020 game awards. I give it a 9.5 out of ten

    submitted by /u/Wolfy_Yiffington
    [link] [comments]

    Seasons In The Abyss

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 07:19 AM PST

    Have anybody ever noticed this ‘face’? it reminds me jabba the hutt

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 03:33 PM PST

    Ok the combat in TLOU2 is genuinely the best.

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 08:45 AM PST

    I remember back before TLOU came out there was this trailer showing the game, and the combat looked insanely fluid. Like all game trailers, it overpromised, and whilst really good, the combat in the final game didn't quite live up to what was shown.

    The Last of Us 2 lives up to that trailer.

    Every animation feels both really fluid yet powerful when needs be. The finishers look great, especially when the environment such as walls or tables are involved. How the enemies react is also really well done, limb loss is as gruesome and realistic as you could ask for. I'm not usually one for gore, but I can't really fault it in this game.

    There is also a great sense of claustrophobia in many of the firefights; you don't feel more powerful than your enemies. I think the lack of ammo is a strong contributing factor to this, you have to mix it up with throwables, melee and stealth.

    I've just got out of the Sarawak Hotel with Dina, this game is living up to my hopes and more.

    submitted by /u/TomSankey
    [link] [comments]

    It has been over 5 months since I beat the game, and no game has been the same since.

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 01:10 PM PST

    Like many people, this is my favorite game(s) of all time. I preordered the collectors edition, have the statue, pins, and stickers in my room, and watch all the videos on the game. But since beating this game, no other game has filled the void. The game is just so good, and I congratulate ND for every last bit. I just don't know what to do now. I have the platinum on both, and have replayed both many times.

    submitted by /u/rslashwhat
    [link] [comments]

    I made a The Last of Us Part II Drinking Game

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 07:20 PM PST

    DISCLAIMER: Don't even try doing this, you WILL die from alcohol poisoning lol

    Gameplay:

    Take a shot every time...: - A melee weapon breaks - You hold Triangle or Mash Square to move onto another area - An ally needs help - You don't have enough resources to craft an item you want - You DONT read a Hero/Villain card - You view the Seattle Map - You view Checkpoint/Safe combination codes (barring the first time) - You die - Unintentionally get spotted by an enemy - Leave enemies alive - You slide down a slope or climb a rope

    Take TWO shots every time...: - You Strike/Execute a last standing Enemy - A molotov kills more than one enemy - You die to Ellie in the Theatre - You kill a dog - Get impaled by an arrow - You use a workbench - Upgrade a Skill - You encounter a large Seraphite with a Pickaxe

    Cinematics/Scripted/Story:

    Take a shot every time... : - Ellie or Abby become unconscious - Jesse crashes the WLF Truck into something - Dina is shown to be sleeping - You find yourself staring at Abby's muscles - You get ambushed (Enemy hiding behind a door, Enemy waiting behind a squeeze-thru, Shimmer goes kaboom, etc.) - A chase setpiece occurs (Hordes, WLF @ TV Station, Rat King, Seraphite Horse w/ Lev, etc.) - A reference to the first game is made

    Take TWO shots every time... : - You feel an emotion (cry, laugh, shock, heart is racing, etc.) during a Cinematic - A flashback occurs (dreams included) - You, as Abby, encounter an enemy you killed as Ellie - Ellie/Abby wakes up from their sleep - Someone says "Oof." (Turn on subtitles to know when) - Skip a Cinematic, including the inciting event and boat scene ;)

    This is all just for fun. Any suggestions to add to the list?

    submitted by /u/rustedkey
    [link] [comments]

    I love these games.

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 05:59 PM PST

    I recently was lucky enough to get my hands on the ps5 (first PlayStation console ever). While I started out with Astro's playroom and Spiderman, I was drawn to The Last of Us . Let me just say that that game blew me away. Being a switch owner, it was something completely different than I was used to. The characters, gameplay, atmosphere were top notch. I gasped as the credits started rolling. Left Behind was also excellent. It was great to meet Riley. One of the reasons that I loved the dlc so much is because of how it tied into the ending. There were some genuinely happy moments while playing it but they were punctuated with a sense of dread and sadness (knowing what was going to happen). Overall, I think that this is what the last of us did so well. The game never gives you a break. It makes the happy moments all the more meaningful. After playing Left Behind, I decided to dive into Part 2. I was well aware of the backlash and dislike surrounding the game but I did not know too much about it. Let me just say that I loved this game as well. I immediately hated Abby for killing Joel and was not thrilled by playing her. However, towards the end, I did not really know who to like. I was conflicted. That is why the game is so great. It was able to tell a meaningful story with realistic and fleshed out character that you understand. You don't really know who to like because there is not really a "good guy". Overall, I definitely like the first game more. But I would consider Part 2 a masterpiece. The characters, graphics, setting, infected, acting, etc. is what made me fall in love with the game. I have to commend Naughty Dog for attempting to make a sequel worth telling and for me, it worked splendidly. I want to have a discussion. What did y'all like about the game? What did you dislike? I kind of want to dive into the Uncharted series now. How does it compare with LOUS? Playstation is just the best. I just cannot get over how freaking awesome these games are. I want to have a discussion with yall. I cannot wait to play some other PlayStation titles and possibly even replay LOUS.

    PS. I think one of the greatest about the last of us series is the combat. I never felt like I had enough of what I needed. I was never out of ammo in an area but there was always that anxiety of "what if I run out". It really helped with my enjoyment of the game and I liked how it emphasized the idea that you/the player is an underdog. You are not supposed to succeed if that makes any sense. I love these games. Sorry if this is a little long.

    submitted by /u/Quiet_Problem_1871
    [link] [comments]

    Got this from my Reddit Secret Santa. Can’t wait to dig in!

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 05:27 AM PST

    A little fan art of Ellie :)

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 11:59 AM PST

    Looking forward to the day when we’ll get to see this in a new announcement trailer!

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 04:33 AM PST

    Mondo posters are finally in and framed!

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 12:08 AM PST

    The Last of Us Part II (Naughty Dog) Sets Record 24 NAVGTR Nominations

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 11:16 AM PST

    How to get over TLOU2 Hangover?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 05:20 PM PST

    I put about 60hr into the game and was absolutely in love with it. I was so engrossed in the story and gameplay emotionally that I can't get into any other games - even blockbusters.

    I started GOW using the PS+ Collection and I can't seem to get into the story which by all accounts is almost as emotional and gripping (to be fair I never played GOW before so maybe fantasy isn't for me). I'm about 10hr in and it feels like a chore to play while with TLOU I was missing sleep and meals to get to the next chapter.

    I tried Infamous 2nd son and, again, couldn't get into the story even though the gameplay was fun.

    I'm currently just messing around in Spider-Man Remastered on NG+, and while that's fun - I just can't get into a game like TLOU2. Do I just need a break, or what can I do "cleans my pallate"?

    submitted by /u/jche2
    [link] [comments]

    Naughty dog������

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 09:54 AM PST

    yeah...

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 03:07 PM PST

    hey guys i'm just randomely in this mood again. i started thinking again about these two games and i am listening to the soundtrack again and i just don't know how to describe this feeling... i completed part 2 a month ago and i still just feel empty whenever i think about it, i am just wondering if you guys also have these moments where you just think about the last of us and you just sit there like: wow

    submitted by /u/je-boii
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought this game 3 days ago. Having a little photo mode fun

    Posted: 11 Jan 2021 07:10 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment