• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 17, 2020

    The Last of Us | Think my girlfriend will like her Christmas gift? - artwork by Elena Pancorbo

    The Last of Us | Think my girlfriend will like her Christmas gift? - artwork by Elena Pancorbo


    Think my girlfriend will like her Christmas gift? - artwork by Elena Pancorbo

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 12:39 PM PST

    Part 1 hits differently now

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 08:58 AM PST

    That's all, I've played pt 1 countless times, but after pt 2, I'm more emotional, appreciative and on edge than ever while playing it. Here is to hope for pt 3...

    submitted by /u/IYLITDLFTL
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else hoping for a “the making of” documentary for TLOU2?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 10:22 AM PST

    I loved the making of documentary for TLOU1 (it was called "Grounded," I think?) and was wondering if they might do the same for Part 2.

    I really hope so, because right now, almost all the behind the scenes content available is from before the game's release, so it's got no spoilers and little to no content from Abby's parts of the game. I would love to see more mo-cap footage, interviews with the creators and actors, and just stuff about the process of developing the story—but with spoilers and Abby's parts of the story.

    If anyone has seen anything like that that's been posted since the game's release, please let me know!! I've seen the Spoilercasts from Kinda Funny games which was pretty good but I wasn't sure if there was more.

    submitted by /u/RadAttitude
    [link] [comments]

    Ellie Is An Amazing Protagonist

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 06:44 PM PST

    It's nearing six months since The Last of Us Part 2 has come out and it's amazing how I am still thinking about. Specifically, Ellie's character. She is such an interesting character to study. From survivor's guilt and low self-esteem to trauma and loss to vengeance and grief and the way it all ties together is outstanding. I'm really looking forward to how her character finally wraps up in the third installment.

    I may work on a character study on Ellie to full break down what she's about.

    submitted by /u/tysonfish
    [link] [comments]

    Birthday Ellie Cosplay by @DabbuCosplay on IG...Today is Cosplayer's Birthday Too!! ��

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 07:57 PM PST

    The last of us meets Animal Crossing. I want to create a sticker pack for these.

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 02:24 AM PST

    [Edit] Ellie As A Walking Dead Tell Tale Character V2

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 08:50 PM PST

    A Christmas message from Naughty Dog

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 04:08 PM PST

    TLOU2 touched me deeply. And here's why.

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 11:44 AM PST

    EXTREME SPOILERS - READ ONLY IF YOU HAVE FINISHED THE GAME.

    Greetings and salutations, dear gamers!

    ---------------- Introduction

    It feels important to say - I truly am sorry for those who didn't enjoy the game. It must be such a terrible blow - to wait for the sequel for 7 years only to be dissapointed by it... I respect all your feelings.

    However, for me TLOU2 is the best serious-themed storytelling game I have ever played.

    And here's why.

    ---------------- A free-form essay

    At the core of my values is one simple idea.

    Any person's actions, however gruesome and horrible, always have an understandable reason behind them. And the reason being their life experience + their physical brain condition.

    What follows is this - there is never a singular person to blame. Everyone is a product of their system, environment and there is always a multitude of factors influencing each event. There are no "inherently bad" people.

    It's easy to talk about it distantly, but what if our loved ones are hurt? Be it family, real friends, or fictional characters - we suffer and become furious. That's natural - it's how we are made. We blame the persons who hurt us - and we want to hurt them million times more!

    But if we do, we don't fix anything. We can't unhurt ourselves. The blood we spill doesn't revive, nor relief the dead. The only outcome is - because of us, there's even more pain in the world. More shattered souls on the path of vengeance.

    That behavior is how we have evolved. We wouldn't have survived without it. But now the world has changed. Our tribes became cities, speech has shifted violence as the default method of defense.

    We see the consequence of blaming and hurting - It is rewarding in the moment, but is catastrophic in the end. And now, we can CHOOSE. To blame and hurt, or to understand... and to forgive.

    My soul felt so lonely with this idea in mind. I never felt it truly expressed in the modern art.

    No wonder:

    1. the inciting event in a story MUST BE a horrible pain inflicted upon a beloved character. Better be - the audience long time favorite;
    2. the story itself is of the suffering - and it STILL needs to be wrapped up as entertainment.

    Dear God, who in the industry would sacrifice their profits and their reputation for this?!

    Neil Druckmann did. The team at Naughty Dog supported him. And Sony authorized it.

    Oh boy, what a time to be alive. Thank you sincerely, brave men, for the courage to defy the standards, to risk and to spark the thought!

    And in what a form they made it...

    The core idea here is to make people feel the consequences of the violence, to change their minds. I think no art form other than a game can do what was required in this case - to invoke complicity.

    Man, i've hated Abby. I cried over Joel. I dehumanized the WLF and destroyed them. Over their screams i had doubts. After Nora i was disgusted. The Aquarium left me speechless. I moaned Jesse... then I reluctantely got into Abby's mind. I empathized her. I felt terrible for Owen and Mel and I was destroyed over Alice. I finally understood Abbie. The last fight was gruesome and horrible, I wanted to stop! In the end, alongside Ellie, I swallowed a sharp, spiked ball of pain and it tore my throat - I cried. I forgave Abby.

    That change says it all. It worked for me.

    The very idea I hold dear finally was done justice in the massive entertainment. I truly hope more people would think about it.

    Thank you, Naughty Dog! I can not say this enough. I now dream to join you in this quest to bring the world deeply meaningful, life changing and tecnhically perfect experiences.

    P.S. The setting is my favorite city - Seattle. Even though characters don't share my feelings, remember Ellie's "F*ck Seattle" :D Also the theme song is Pearl Jam's, grunge rocks! Man, it's like the stars have aligned.

    P.P.S. Despite my adoration I do have critism towards the narrative, but this essay had no room for it. Should you want to hear it - i'm ready to share :)

    submitted by /u/dr_keystarr
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished my play through of TLOU2

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 08:42 PM PST

    I have to say, what a ride!

    Game was absolutely not perfect but I never expected it to be. Abby and then playing as Abby felt like a hit shot but so what? The game invoked so many emotions even my edibles were like WTF.

    Not the haters are gonna despise this comment but Abby had become like (not exactly ofcourse) Joel - taking care of a young one.

    They writers definitely took some a page from the book from the Weiss brothers and that's their fault. Gladly they did not completely wreck it. There was definitely an ongoing attempt to replicate WTF moments from game of thrones and moments felt like cheap jump scares in a horror movie.

    But like I read somewhere a while back it was the story ND decided to tell. It was not a revenge story and that's ok you IMO. Personally for me one of the best 40$ I've spent on gaming.

    I'm definitely looking forward to the next one - hope they don't take another 7 god damn years.

    One lastly, it never pays to be a die hard fan of anything or anyone - just enjoy your hobby ya know.

    submitted by /u/pm_me_your_tits_2020
    [link] [comments]

    I just finished The Last of Us for the first time and loved it! What the hell is all the controversy with the sequel about?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 11:46 AM PST

    I was gonna immediately buy the second one but I knew there was some controversy about it so I decided to check Reddit and literally everyone is so polarized? Is it a piece of art or the worst thing since the Holocaust? I've seen both reaction

    submitted by /u/chilledball
    [link] [comments]

    Finished this project in time for the last of us day! (Posted late ��)

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 10:20 AM PST

    The Last of Us: Alternate Ending.

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 05:54 PM PST

    Last night I platinumed the last of us, and the last of us part 2 a few weeks ago!

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 04:26 AM PST

    I have now platinumed my two favourite games of all time, my only platinums and proud

    Had an amazing time

    https://i.imgur.com/I03FIjZ.jpg https://i.imgur.com/xydMy3a.jpg

    submitted by /u/wassup_18
    [link] [comments]

    Got a PS5 and finally played TLOU2. Guitar minigame is incredible! Here's some Johnny Cash.

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 11:27 AM PST

    "Am I supposed to know who Danny is?"

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 08:51 PM PST

    Cool little connection in The Last of Us Part 2

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 02:55 PM PST

    Spoilers tag in case someone hasn't seen it.

    I'm not sure if it's been pointed out yet. In the Last of Us part 2 when Tommy kills Manny, he shoots through his head and through his right eye. The soundtrack that is playing is called "Eye for an Eye."

    Of course, when reading this it can be inferred that the title of this soundtrack is about Tommy getting revenge. However, the title of the soundtrack appears to also be foreshadowing, as Abby later shoots out Tommy's right eye. An eye for an eye.

    submitted by /u/TheOtherTitan
    [link] [comments]

    This sailor i watch on Youtube kinda reminds me of Joel more than any actor

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 07:27 AM PST

    “The Last of Us: Part II” came out just around the right time for me and is one of the best things about 2020!

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 01:48 AM PST

    In a time when education came to a hault, when I couldn't meet any friends and I had screwed up my exams (managed to fix it though), it really made me feel better and gave me back some strength and motivation due to its powerful message of empathy and forgiveness. That you keep finding something to fight for.

    It was the last of my favourite franchises I was still looking forward to. In 2019, some of my other favourites, Game of Thrones and Star Wars, were completely butchered and ended so miserably it become hard to get hyped and excited about any new major release in media. "The Last of Us: Part II" finally was the high quality storytelling I was looking forward to and cemented Naughty Dog as my favourite video game studio that always delivers great games!

    submitted by /u/AdamantiumLive
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone play 1 and 2 on ps5?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 06:50 PM PST

    I'd imagine the load times for 1 are much better, but did they enhance either game?

    submitted by /u/TomGun_1994
    [link] [comments]

    Preferred

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 02:51 PM PST

    I much more preferred playing as Abby in the story than Ellie, don't get me wrong both were great however I much preferred Abby's story line.

    The story was so much more enthralling with Abby, also I'm a big fan of melee in last of us, it's so brutal and that's why I liked Abby, she crushed skulls (more than one) bounced peoples heads off tables, but with Ellie it was just the knife which wasn't as satisfying.

    The game was great and it deserves all the awards it gets but let's give Abby some love! She isn't a bad person.

    Abby and Ellie have both been on the same path.

    submitted by /u/jellisellis
    [link] [comments]

    The Night At The Bonfire (Art by @LittleBizzare on IG)

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 04:53 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment