• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 17, 2020

    The Last of Us | never noticed this before!

    The Last of Us | never noticed this before!


    never noticed this before!

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 01:04 PM PST

    Welcome to Earth, Kiddo... Cosplay by @Dabbucosplay on IG

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 07:27 AM PST

    Happy Birthday to Shannon Woodward! (Dina's Voice and Motion-Capture Actress)

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 09:55 PM PST

    After it won game of the year, i said it couldn’t be that bad so I picked it up and am immersed as hell.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 04:25 PM PST

    Winston clearly isn’t as excited as I am to start Part 2

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 06:51 PM PST

    Obligatory Platinum post. What a game, what a series, what a time I had! Big thanks to the whole team at Naughty Dog for delivering this gem!! (First plat btw)

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 10:09 PM PST

    I actually like TLOU2 but I got this idea and had to do it.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 04:50 PM PST

    Another addition to my collection...

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 02:50 AM PST

    What other types of infected do you think could exist?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 07:47 AM PST

    I'm pretty bored and got to thinking about this.

    For example - from what I've read it sounds like shamblers could have come about due to the humidity of the Pacific northwest's climate.

    What other types do you think could have adapted to local environments?

    I've thought of a few for fun, the names will probably be shit but the concepts were fun to think about.

    Burrowers - desert/sandy environments, they would dig and Bury themselves in a pit and lie in wait for unsuspecting humans and animals, would also allow them to stay out of the heat and light, would be more active at night I suppose.

    Climbers - similar to stalkers except they would lurk in elevated positions ready to drop onto prey, think rafters, trees, anywhere they can use height to their advantage.

    Chimps - not a huge stretch to imagine that CBI could make the jump to other primates similar to AIDS, places with large populations of chimps pre existing (zoos, Africa of course, safari parks, large private collections) could support a population of these, would be similar to climbers but faster, stronger and deadlier, smaller target too, could close the gap before you could get a shot off.

    Any other ideas anyone has would be cool, just find it interesting to think about really.

    Cheers :)

    submitted by /u/Bristolblueeyes
    [link] [comments]

    My PS5 with the design i just painted onto it. Endure and Survive.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 12:09 PM PST

    Just Finished Part 1, WOW

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 10:13 AM PST

    So I just finished Part 1 and I have to say it was incredible and amazing. I'm gonna say it's the best game I've ever played.

    The theme was unique and different for a zombie game. The mechanics and graphics were incredible. The storyline was the best I've experienced and had so many different layers to it that pulled you in. It has a healthy amount of stealth gameplay which fed my personal stealth shooter style but it wasn't overdone where it became boring because it was balanced out with an equal amount of shooter action parts and the fact that you could ultimately go about things the way you saw fit.

    I hate that I finished it and it's over now. I'm excited to start the second one but I'm already dreading the day I finish that one too.

    submitted by /u/paradoxed00
    [link] [comments]

    A common criticism that really bugs me: It's just another revenge/cycle of violence story

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 11:54 AM PST

    Something I see a lot, even from more high-minded criticisms of the game, is that we don't need another story to tell us that revenge and cycles of violence are bad; that we already have so many stories about people losing themselves to the lust for vengeance, and therefore we shouldn't have any more. It's just such a myopic, hyper-reductive way to look at art. As Gene Park (games journalist for WaPo) said on twitter, "saying The Last of Us Part II is a very basic game about "violence and revenge" is like saying Mad Max Fury Road is a car chase movie. the genre is just the vehicle."

    I mean, seriously, is Parasite a bad movie because we've already seen so many stories about poverty and wealth disparity? Is There Will Be Blood a bad movie because we've already seen countless stories about greed? It's such a silly thing to get hung up on. Parasite and There Will Be Blood aren't great because they convey some new idea, they're great because they're full of fascinating characters and relational dynamics that help highlight these well trodden themes in compelling ways.

    Now, to say that you don't find the exploration of cycles of violence in Last of Us Part 2 compelling is another thing entirely, and is an actual valid criticism. I'm totally open to the idea that the game's approach just doesn't work for some people. But I can't stand it when people just throw the lazy criticism out that the game is just another "violence bad" story.

    submitted by /u/kingjulian85
    [link] [comments]

    Crazy theory about The Last of Us 2 Soundtrack

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 05:59 PM PST

    This is based off a comment I saw months ago on the song 'Beyond Desloation' which is at the end of The Last of Us 2. That comment was that Beyond Desloation sounds off at the beginning because it is being played minus 2 notes, as in minus 2 of Ellie's fingers. I thought that was very cool and have listened to the song a hundred times and I only thought of this when I listened to The Last of Us 2 right after Beyond Desloation....bare with me.

    I think, keyword think, that based on sound alone, Beyond Desloation is a messed up version of The Last of Us Part 2(the song). I think that in order to show what happens when you continue the cycle of violence, ie: getting 2 fingers bitten off, you're whole world feels and sounds off. Gustavo is a smart man and much like how the song Longing sounds like The Choice I think he made Beyond Desloation sound off and like The Last of Us 2 on purpose. I think that he's saying, the cycle is over but somethings missing. Much like how it is visually demonstrated when Ellie attempts to play Future Days and can't. The world has come full circle, but it's off, since nothing will be the same as it was before.

    Again, just a theory and it sounds insane, but here me out and have a listen cause those 2 songs do sound eerily familiar and Gustavo is a genius so...you never know.

    (Also isn't it coincidental that on Spotify on the official soundtrack, The Last of Us Part II and Beyond Desloation are the first and last songs respectively.)

    Beyond Desloation

    The Last of Us Part 2(theme song)

    submitted by /u/Nexxen24
    [link] [comments]

    Happy birthday Shannon Woodward (Dina)

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 08:13 PM PST

    TLOU PART II was so lucky at the game awards ...

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 10:05 AM PST

    Because cyberpunk did not released until December so it couldn't compete cause it would take all the awards..what?? no??😂😂 It's so funny that so many haters said that things before it's launch..THANK YOU NAUGHTY DOG! for never disappoint us with the masterpieces you release!!We are very lucky!!

    submitted by /u/tdg1992
    [link] [comments]

    The DLC I never knew I needed.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 05:05 AM PST

    How I Made a Clicker in Blender 3D

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 09:04 AM PST

    Where can I watch a playthrough of TLOU 1 and 2 with no commentary?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 10:23 PM PST

    Can't afford a playstation right now and TLOU will probably never come to PC. Want to enjoy st least watching the entire game.

    submitted by /u/horndog769
    [link] [comments]

    Tommy's words

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 05:27 PM PST

    I am replaying part 1 and there is this scene at the power plant where Tommy is talking about the village and how it gives "everyone a second chance". I'm not trying to claim some sort of wild reach about foreshadowing what happens after pt 2. I know what he meant, but it's still oddly comforting to think (hope) that Tommy and Ellie got another chance to find themselves in the village and make peace with their loved ones. I need this headcanon dammit.

    submitted by /u/IYLITDLFTL
    [link] [comments]

    So this happened the other night..

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 09:54 AM PST

    anyone know where to buy these?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 08:27 PM PST

    Do I need to play part 1 to understand part 2?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 02:16 PM PST

    Since part 2 got so many awards at the game awards I wanted to give the game a try but I was wondering if I needed to play part 1 first.

    submitted by /u/DylanZimmerman_NX
    [link] [comments]

    A Joel inspired playlist I made

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 12:16 PM PST

    What Makes a Man? If you watch one video on Joel. Let it be this one.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 11:46 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment