• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 16, 2020

    The Last of Us | The Last of Us Part II is nominated for IGN's Game of the Year, Best PS Game and Best Action Adventure. Cast your votes.

    The Last of Us | The Last of Us Part II is nominated for IGN's Game of the Year, Best PS Game and Best Action Adventure. Cast your votes.


    The Last of Us Part II is nominated for IGN's Game of the Year, Best PS Game and Best Action Adventure. Cast your votes.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 11:39 AM PST

    90+ hours of gameplay. 4 playthroughs on different difficulties. 100% completion. I love this game!

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 04:28 AM PST

    TLOU2 didn't let me down this year, and I'm grateful for that

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 01:52 PM PST

    Death Stranding was average. I appreciate its chill, but the re-playability is weak.

    The Avengers? Didn't even bother after I started hearing the fan reviews. Bless their sacrifice.

    Cyberpunk 2077, oh my god, so much potential missed with so many things, and so much betrayal. Blocking PS4 reviews – are you for real?? But I won't give up hope on it, since TW3 really bloomed, and I'm still enjoying it mostly. But that was really depressing.

    The Last of Us 2... now there's a game that didn't let me down. I had high hopes for it for years. Posted clips on Facebook and Ellie's music. Avoided the spoilers as best as I could and managed to still get surprosed. Ignored the toxicity because I remembered that a lot of gamers are good at over-exaggerating if not completely fabricating outrage. Walked into the game with an open mind. Reminded myself that this one will tear at your soul. And got exactly what I wanted and paid for. What a great game for 2020. Thank you, Naughty Dog.

    submitted by /u/Electroverted
    [link] [comments]

    The enemy AI in this game is some of the best I've seen

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 01:19 PM PST

    Whoever programmed the AI for this game deserves major props it's the best AI I've played against

    submitted by /u/TheKeeper772
    [link] [comments]

    Just another Ellie tattoo. There are many like it. But this one is mine ��

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 06:46 PM PST

    My new Cyberpunk 2077 character is looking pretty badass!

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 09:57 AM PST

    I drew Ellie's tattoo as a fake tattoo on myself. (16y.o.)

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 02:26 PM PST

    Went full Ellie Wick on Permadeath mode.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 01:53 PM PST

    The Haven sequence in The Last of Us Part ll is definitely one of, if not my definite favorite sequence in the entire game

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 12:20 PM PST

    Just to lead off, I am definitely no game journalist so I don't spend my entire time looking for the deepest meaning possible in every sequence, however I understand why exactly this is one of the greatest games I have ever played and what exactly the themes are.

    Playing this scene was bringing video games to a different level. Not only was there just pure and utter chaos, the only colors one would notice would virtually be black and orange. The color scheme, along with the constant death and destruction and pure agony that surround Abby and Lev as they're riding their horse just gave me that feeling of awe and terror.

    As I played that scene, and watched it over and over again on YouTube and reading the comments (which seems like most are in general agreement of how awesome this scene was), I kept thinking about what exactly makes this scene so terrifying. Was it the dark color scheme? Was it the constant death and destruction that surrounds you?

    I think it was the fact that all of this was happening during an apocalypse. When the zombie apocalypse happens, humanity is supposed to come together. It should be a time where humanity cooperates and rebuilds. You see that in The Walking Dead as that's a central theme in both the TV show and the comics (I've read the comics over at least three times). In such a desperate time, humanity is supposed to come together and work together, but that doesn't happen. Even during a zombie apocalypse that has brought so much death, trauma, and pure destruction with it, humanity still finds a way to kill and destroy each other until there's nothing left. Humans still find a way t bring genocide and destruction to one another, even during a time when humans are supposed to come together and rebuild.

    That's just my two cents. I really loved this sequence and was in complete awe when playing it. If anyone has any other thoughts about this section or my critique of it, I'd really love to hear it.

    submitted by /u/cornucopia090139
    [link] [comments]

    You are all going to hate me for this but... Ellie with long hair and makeup

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 02:06 AM PST

    This is kinda sappy for me, but I just wanna thank this sub for existing.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 08:49 AM PST

    I really appreciate TLOU2 for what it has done and believe it is deserving of the awards it has won at The Game Awards, even though my personal GOTY is Ghost of Tsushima (mostly for being a solid game all-round that is really fun to play). Yet sometimes, it feels kinda lonely when I see so much dislike and hate towards the game still persisting to this day all over the internet. It stings a bit more IRL, as a bunch of friends and relatives I know also share similar sentiments (TGA was rigged, TLOU2 is pushing agendas, etc) when it is clear that most, if not all of them have not even played the game and have based their opinions on the leaks, skimming some streamer's playthrough, etc.

    That's why I'm thankful this sub exists. It's always heartening to see posts of appreciation towards the game (especially from those who have cleared it for the first time), analysis posts discussing some details that I might not have noticed before and offering more insight, etc. Some critics might treat this sub as some kind of echo chamber for fans, but in my humble opinion, it is comforting to have a community of like-minded fans to turn to when I feel lonely in my opinion of appreciating the game.

    Guess I've been rambling quite a bit, especially since it's past midnight here as I'm posting this lol. But yea, thank you all for being awesome as you are.

    submitted by /u/bnbros
    [link] [comments]

    My sister’s new tattoo!

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 05:28 PM PST

    TLOU and TLOU2 are probably some of the few games where I’m actually particularly glad we don’t get choices that influence the narrative

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 01:02 AM PST

    I've played a lot of games over the years and I've found I particularly have enjoyed the ones where there are multiple endings and your choices throughout the game influence the narrative (RDR2, TW3, The walking dead game, detroit become human and etc..). Obviously I play other games where you don't get choices that influence the narrative, but I've found that most of the time I don't really care either way whether or not there are multiple endings as long as I can get a good story.

    However, for TLOU and TLOU2, I've found I actually really enjoyed how you don't get to choose the narrative like that. I found the game to be much more impactful and emotional that way. For example, I saw people suggest you should be able to choose whether or not you get to kill Abby or let her go. I honestly think if you got the choice in that situation, it wouldn't have been so impactful on the player as it was a pretty huge decision that helped showcase some of the themes of the game. This is obviously just one example but the writing for this game was just so incredible to me and really touched my life in a way that no other game has.

    Also, I personally find it fun to share and connect with everyone in this community about how much the story and each character has impacted us, and analyze it more together. I thought I was alone in that I think about the game all the time even months after it's release, but I've found that to be the case for many people here as well which is so cool to see.

    What do you guys think? Do you think TLOU or TLOU2 would've been better had we gotten choices throughout?

    submitted by /u/capamericapistons
    [link] [comments]

    Two of my friends drew some amazing Joel art for me, thought I'd share them here as well

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 04:26 PM PST

    Ellie and Dina’s Trip To Space (Art by @LittleBizzare on IG)

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 01:46 PM PST

    Fun fact about JJ

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 08:29 PM PST

    According to IMDB, he is named after Jesse and Joel. Personally, I just assumed it was Jesse Jr., but this is better. Was this well known?

    submitted by /u/SGeeeDubb
    [link] [comments]

    IGN Japan names TLOU2 as their 2nd best goty. Article: https://jp.ign.com/goty-2020/48764/feature/ign-japan-2020-top-10?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 05:35 AM PST

    JJ observes everything

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 10:01 AM PST

    [In progress] currently sneaking tlou into my art lessons ;)

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 09:21 AM PST

    Anybody felt really bad after reading “A Note To Santa” in TLOUII?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 08:34 AM PST

    So I was playing the start of the game when you're with Dina doing the patrol and I explored one of the broken down houses. Inside it there was a bedroom upstairs that you had to climb to get into. Inside it there's what appears to be a guest room of some sort that belonged to a child living there (it doesn't look like a child's bedroom). Inside one of the drawers there is a note that reads "A Note to Santa". It's written by the same child and talks about how he would like Santa to give him a giant dog since he's been a good boy this year so it could protect him from monsters (this seems to be written after cordyceps so I assume it's clickers and such) and his dad when he goes hunting. He'd also like the dog to stay with him while his dad locks himself alone in his room. The backside gives an illustration on how he wants the dog to look and how he wants a gun to protect himself so that his that could think he can take care of himself and make him happier. He then thanks Santa and the writing end there.

    I guess... I don't know it really paints a picture of how hard it is for a kid and how their live would be like in the zombie apocalypse. We already got that with Ellie granted but we still only get to know her when she's already a teenager. This is just a letter from a little kid who wants to protect himself and his dad. We also don't see any bodies as for as im assuming he and his dad made it to Jackson since they were so close to it. But still... it's depressing and definitely a good addition to the game.

    Sorry for the shitty grammar and here is the wiki description: https://thelastofus.fandom.com/wiki/A_Note_to_Santa

    submitted by /u/Phoenix_Wellflame
    [link] [comments]

    I am a devoted and pure Seraphite. But. I cannot whistle. What happens? Is this even a possible scenario(as in they would immediately reject and kill them)?

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 03:08 PM PST

    Title says it most. Personally I can whistle. That volume? Nowhere close! How long would it take to learn? Does that mean you banned from combat? What if you never learn? What if you fake being bad as subtle cowardice?

    submitted by /u/Pocketsand87
    [link] [comments]

    The concerning far right movement in gaming community and the rabbit hole it can produce

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 08:52 AM PST

    I've been thinking of making this for a long time and is the reason why I made this account to being just been looking for the right time upload so let me begin.

    Definition of backlash = a strong negative reaction by a large number of people towards something.

    Brief history of gaming backlashes like this.

    lets start in 2018 with BFV in short it's bs none of there argument make sense and it just a bunch of dumb mentality gymnastics being played. 1 historical accuracy was never a thing for RDR 2 which was released before it downplaying racism during the time yet there was nothing. 2 realism which is stupid because its a game. Then the conspiracy theories which is super common and personal vendetta of so many YouTuber hoping it fails before release stating it going to be SJW trash without playing sound similar. Even skill up and YongYea (mostly skill up) was doing this making conspiracy theories and spreading misinformation to his audience stating their lying in the conference call because they didn't get the answer they wanted. Skill up repeated it with the last of us. These tactic are recycled again to give what their audience want to hear which is why a lot people that claim to dislike it site a YouTuber and haven't even played.

    The problem with TLOU 2 backlash

    98% of people who dislike it are like this. revolting in anger towards something so idiotic and clearly anti-LGBT it should be condemned. For all people that don't know a book from Jason Stanley (How fascism works) the backlash ticks 5 out of his 10 pillars of it, no I am not joking. These are: victimhood, conspiracy theories, mob mentality, anti-intellectualism and mythic past . More you let them get a way with this worse it'll be in the future. These people can be summarised in this meme, by calling it divisi you are justifying this backlash and ignoring all the stats and evidence of it not being the case and giving them a free pass, only 1 youtuber condemned this let that sink in. Why the rest didn't is because the mob mentality these people are their audience and they profit from them if they condemn it they lose subscribers and patron supporters.

    Mob mentality

    The most common and damaging one is mob mentality with all honesty I don't how to combat this its by far the most frustrating thing. There is no win for you lot at all it'll receive harassment if it gains anything positive and if they get what they want harassment will still continue. These people don't want the truth, they want someone to give them what they want to hear and that is dangerous.

    YouTubers creating damage/ as well as others being straight up fascists

    You may think this is hyperbolic or an exaggeration but it really is true, in this picture 99% are right wing and over a third are fascists (just some guy, the quartering , no bullshit, upper echelon gaming). Even those that aren't right wing still dog-whistled misinformation and conspiracy theories that these groups do and talk about with there audience being fascist helping stoke flames of outrage (Skill up). Although they may not be fascist or right wing themselves they have a serious right wing audience which they let by giving them what they want to hear. Which is incredibly harmful and damaging to spread this misinformation which can lead a lot people into the rabbit hole as well dev harassment.

    YouTube plays a part

    You may have sometimes heard the words negativity sells on You-tube, although it may seem like a joke it really is true with tonnes of evidence backing. YouTube algorithm explicitly pushes negative content as well as content that are negative/conspiracy theories that are factual incorrect but most importantly explicitly pushes most of the Jason Stanley's 10 pillars of fascism. which is why right wing channels that mask off out right fascism perform insanely well like Paul joseph Watson and Tim pool perform massively well in terms of monthly views and monthly subscriber far better than any other left wing platform. When a backlash happens on YouTube it causes the algorithm to work harder which is why its common for people to see an increase in viewership when they participate in it. It's not that the algorithm is making mistakes or is backfire it's working as it's intended YouTube know this and as some say they benefit from promoting hate speech this may sound hyperbolic but really is true. So why is this the case you may ask? This goes deeper with google and the CIA no I'm not exaggerating or being hyperbolic I mean it. If you wanting to get a further understanding of the CIA click here (a video that has been highly surpassed and meet with harassment ) in short they have been running propaganda in America for years using many different companies including of which is google who work closely to the CIA and google owns YouTube.

    So here is a warning for you this will continue in future towards other games and its growing?

    From someone who suffered from far right and has been impacted by hate crimes and spent a lot of time debating them DON'T debate them. Ask any leftist that debate is a waste of time. Fascist are crazy and deranged your just wasting your time trying to talk to them. All you could is call out the people that with a large platform that make it worse.

    submitted by /u/BallImpressive
    [link] [comments]

    I finally played Last of Us 2 and decided to write a little review for it. Thought you guys would like it.

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 01:03 PM PST

    Collector’s edition

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 07:14 PM PST

    Hi everyone,

    First off I already own Part 2 digitally and I do adore the game I'm holding off on a 2nd play through until a PS5 version is supported.

    Anyway, I think I want to buy the CE of Part 2 because I recently had the Cyberpunk 2077 one and am in love with it (had it on PC so I've actually had a good time with the game too)!

    Anyone with or has seen the CE be able to give your opinion on it? Do you rate the statue highly etc? Do you like the CE?

    Thank you for your time!

    submitted by /u/EpicKiller9905
    [link] [comments]

    ENDURE AND SURVIVE!!

    Posted: 15 Dec 2020 09:26 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment