• Breaking News

    Friday, December 11, 2020

    The Last of Us | The Last of Us Part II wins Game of the Year at TGA 2020

    The Last of Us | The Last of Us Part II wins Game of the Year at TGA 2020


    The Last of Us Part II wins Game of the Year at TGA 2020

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 06:48 PM PST

    Congrats to Laura Bailey for Best Performance!

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 04:17 PM PST

    [No Spoilers] TLOU Part 2 won Best Adventure Game at TGA!

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 03:41 PM PST

    These people's logic is getting worse

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 07:22 PM PST

    Brie Larson Presents Best Performance at The Game Awards 2020

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 04:20 PM PST

    Well that didn’t suck..Eddie Vedder sings Future Days In game awards!!

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 06:24 PM PST

    The Last of Us Part II has won Game of the Year! Let the internet screeching commence!

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 07:02 PM PST

    I would have been happy if Ghost of Tsushima won as well. It deserved to win to but I can't wait for the subsequent shit storm to come now that The Last of Us Part II has won Game of the Year.

    This game deserves it and this is coming from a hater during the period of the leaks and a rather politically conservative individual.

    I did the smart thing though and actually played the game. I set my politics aside just to experience the next chapter to one of my favorite games of all time. The story is incredible and took a lot of risks that I think paid off. We saw the growth and fall of familiar characters, and the rise of new ones. We saw a developer that wasn't afraid to tell the story they wanted. They had the brass balls to stray from the predictable in many ways and gave us a story that actually had me sobbing for the first time to any video game.

    We can talk and debate all day whether the game was motivated by left leaning politics and while yes I do see it in many ways, it didn't get in the way of the characters and the story. It was kept to either a character trait or a simple remark. It wasn't used to soley define character motivations (Lev for example has so much more to his character that his identity is just a piece of his puzzle rather than the sole defining trait) or to shove the views of the developers in our faces. This is still The Last of Us and Part II's story did what it needed to.

    Gameplay, sound, GRAPHICS, story, performances, characters, Accessibility. It did it all for me and I'm glad it won. I'm also glad it is going to rain salt on Twitter and YouTube for the weeks to come.

    Congrats Neil and everyone at Naughty Dog and to Troy Baker, Ashley Johnson, and Laura Bailey for characters that still resonate with me to this day.

    submitted by /u/KhajiitHasWares2077
    [link] [comments]

    The Last of Us Part II has won seven awards at TGA, the most given to any game ever!

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 07:45 PM PST

    So with 7 awards, The Last of Us Pt II has won the most awards at The Game Awards ever given to a game. Second being 4 awards given to Disco Elysium in 2019 and RDR2 in 2018. That's really impressive, congratulations Naughty Dog!

    submitted by /u/CyanLite
    [link] [comments]

    The Game Awards 2020 Megathread

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 04:34 PM PST

    Link to Stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWz6v-UAs8Q&feature=emb_title

    Awards won:

    • Best Action/Adventure Game
    • Best Performance: Laura Bailey
    • Best Narrative
    • Best Audio Design
    • Innovation in Accessibility
    • Best Game Direction
    • Game of the Year
    submitted by /u/SPENCE_15
    [link] [comments]

    Laura Bailey won the best performance

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 04:15 PM PST

    I'm happy that the last of us 2 got award in this category, but I can't help to feel a little disappointed that Ashley didn't win. I admire Laura for her performance but I was amazed how Ashley was able to portray Ellie's voice changing as she was growing up

    submitted by /u/emi017
    [link] [comments]

    My very own Ellie tattoo

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 03:55 AM PST

    Ashley’s reaction at Laura’s win was amazing!!

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 04:12 PM PST

    Check the reaction of Ashley!!I love that they have so good relationship!! See here: https://youtu.be/xqTEbouFu7U :)

    submitted by /u/tdg1992
    [link] [comments]

    Congratulations to the cast for winning Game of the Year! Well deserved! Credit to @abbystanaccount

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 07:19 PM PST

    if you're cold, they're cold. let your game developers inside

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 07:22 PM PST

    So uh, I guess there's no excuse not to release a GoTY Edition on PS5 now eh ND?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 07:46 PM PST

    Pretty please? I'd buy it again if it was built for PS5 specs and included some bonus content.

    Anyone else?

    submitted by /u/timeny
    [link] [comments]

    “Please get up.” Credit to @chrisfroot

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 01:25 PM PST

    GOTY or GOAT?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 06:59 PM PST

    Congratulations everyone!!

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 07:32 PM PST

    While I personally didn't love it (Doom Eternal for me) I'm happy for all of you that have been behind it since launch day!

    submitted by /u/Tud_Crez
    [link] [comments]

    With that out of the way, can we get some news?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 07:56 PM PST

    Now that it's earned GOTY status, ND have no reason not to share news on what their plans are for the future. This is high time to announce a port/upgrade for the PS5, a multiplayer trailer/update. Something...

    They've been quiet for so long, even outbreak day was just a "Stay Tuned"! affair. I can't be the only one waiting for glorious 60fps on the PS5.

    Edit: grammar

    submitted by /u/TheDickpigBot
    [link] [comments]

    My morning is blessed.

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 07:16 PM PST

    Hey Guys, Never have I ever saw a Game of the Year Awards show live because of the timezone difference. So again today I woke up and ran to check my phone that who won it and all. But to my surprise there wasn't any results. So I checked YouTube and guess what the show was still live. I started watching it at the perfect moment when TLOU 2 was being called the nominee for GOTY. Finally I was lucky to see my favourite game get GOTY. Have a good day guys Well done Naughty Dog

    submitted by /u/Tapey_Tapey
    [link] [comments]

    Joel’s cover of future days full song

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 06:28 PM PST

    Is there a copy of this full version to listen to like iTunes? Looking for Joel's version of Future Days.

    submitted by /u/dcmm98
    [link] [comments]

    Just a quick reminder to not get too down if Part II doesn't happen to win tonight.

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 02:31 PM PST

    Of course I want it to win as much everyone here, and feel it's deserving, but the other 5 nominated are all also there for a reason. They're all great games. It doesn't at all take away from any that don't win, and Part II still has all the praise it is getting. Plus not to mention, GTAV beat TLOU1 in 2013, but TLOU won the overall GOTY.

    submitted by /u/Yuokes
    [link] [comments]

    Ellie’s tattoo with some added color, done by Jeremy Bolding at Phoenix Ink Tattoo in Plantsville, CT

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 09:10 AM PST

    Just got my Ellie nendoroid

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 12:14 PM PST

    I feel like a lot of criticism, positive and negative, misses the theme and point of the story.

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 01:24 PM PST

    TLDR; The game is about loss, not revenge.

    SPOILERS

    One of the main things I see in discussion of this game is that it's central theme is about revenge. Like the positive reviews say "this game gives a poignant and thoughtful exploration of the negative impact of seeking revenge." And the negative reviews say "the central theme of this game is rEVenGe bAD. It has a really elementary theme."

    But I think both miss the main theme, at least from my point of view.

    I think that this game is much more about loss than it is about revenge. Revenge is just the poor coping mechanism that some characters use to deal with loss.

    Ellie wanted revenge because she never felt like she got closure with the conflict she had with Joel. The whole game is about her learning to accept his death.

    Like take the final fight with Abby. A lot of criticism deals with the fact that "Ellie randomly decided to stop killing Abby, despite not knowing what the player knows about Abby." She doesn't randomly stop. She lost her fingers. The two things that Joel taught her were music and survival(violence). She realizes that Joel really is gone. She chooses not to indulge his other lesson, violence. "Just take him" wasn't referring to Lev, but to Joel. She returns to the farm because she realizes that she still has people to love. The final shot is her leaving the guitar, and Joel, behind so that she can be her own person.

    Abby gets her revenge and then proceeds to live a hollow and violent life until she finds someone to love and protect. Just like Joel. The climax of the "revenge bad" plot was with Abby, not Ellie.

    Like I found legitimate gripes with the game myself (I got really tired of scrounging for supplies by the end of the game), but I thought that this was a misplaced criticism that I personally didn't get.

    Those are just my thoughts. Let me know what y'all think!! I'm fine with being wrong on this. I want to get other opinions because most people around me saw the stink and decided not to play the game, which was a huge mistake. Now I have no one to have honest discussion with haha

    submitted by /u/benstonevideos
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment