• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 23, 2020

    The Last of Us | I just finished the game with Permadeath whole game on Grounded+ (No combat accessibility)😭

    The Last of Us | I just finished the game with Permadeath whole game on Grounded+ (No combat accessibility)��


    I just finished the game with Permadeath whole game on Grounded+ (No combat accessibility)��

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 07:37 PM PST

    Finally! It’s a beauty...

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 01:14 PM PST

    TLOU2 has won 58 awards, making it the winner of the most awards this year. This number includes 18 players' choice awards (out of 19 total).

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 02:09 PM PST

    Can’t imagine how hard ND has it right now after putting out such a failure of a game.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 02:57 AM PST

    Appreciation post: 2020 was shit but The Last Of Us Part II made it bearable and I am so thankful for this game, this story and these characters and how they’ve impacted me.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 07:10 PM PST

    Enjoying TLOU2 without being able to see the Scenery

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 07:47 PM PST

    Hi ALl,

    I'm totally blind, and have been since birth. Consequently, most mainstream video games are hard to impossible for me to enjoy. Fortunately, TLOU2 at least is an exception, thanks to the wonderful people over at ND. However, there's a slight fly in the ointment, and that's the inability to see what's going on.

    I'm enjoying the chance to wander around, go through the story, and so forth, but have no real idea what the environments I'm in look like. There are ambient sounds for birds and such, and occasionally water, but it's hard to get a sense of what's around me.

    I realize this is a bit of a weird ask. Is there any sort of detailed description of some of the game environments? For that matter, I'd love some description of the characters as well, but that's probably easier to come by.

    Any thoughts on how I might be able to experience this would be very much appreciated. The game is wonderfully accessible from a mechanical point of view, it's just hard to figure out what all the jumping and crouching and so forth is in aid of. Thanks for any thoughts.

    submitted by /u/BlindGuyNW
    [link] [comments]

    Game Informer’s GOTY 2020: The Last of Us Part II

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 12:08 PM PST

    My vinyl came!, it’s honestly beautiful

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 07:26 PM PST

    The Last Of Us Part 2 wins GOTY from PlayStation Universe

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 12:10 PM PST

    Today, I got my first tattoo :)

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 05:20 PM PST

    Ellie funko finally came!

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 10:25 AM PST

    Two down, lots to go.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 05:12 PM PST

    Okay this is a wholesome community so I can ask this.

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 09:35 PM PST

    As someone who did actually love the game(I've played it through thrice almost at this point lol), what are the legitimate arguments against this game?

    Whether it's the technology or the story. What's the criticism, even as a fan, that you can accept as "yeah they could have worked on that."

    submitted by /u/babu_keanu
    [link] [comments]

    How The Last Of Us part 2 made me a better person

    Posted: 23 Dec 2020 12:24 AM PST

    This series took me on an emotional and moral rollercoaster.

    I guarantee you I would have done exactly the same thing as Joel did at the end of the first game. My own morals told me to protect the people I love, even when it's selfish. If it came down to me having to save my family from a burning building, or one thousand strangers, a lot of people would get burnt.

    Again, I know it's selfish. But I'd have gladly signed up to be the bad guy if it meant I could protect the people I love.

    That's why I was able to accept Joel's decision, and why I didn't fault him for it. I know objectively that what he did was truly heinous, by I couldn't find it within myself to care. And because I viewed him and his actions in this way, it made it difficult for me to understand or accept the perspectives of others.

    When Abby killed Joel, I experienced a rage deeper than I've ever had towards any fictional character ever. I wanted her to die immediately. There was actual bloodlust on my end and I was just angry for hours after what she did.

    Then those wounds were salted when she killed Jessie and threatened Tommy. And when it came time for me to play as her moments later, I just felt... gross. Like many players, my first instinct was to find the nearest cliff and make Abby kill herself.

    Like I said, I objectively knew that what Joel did was despicable. I just didn't care. But as I was strapped down and forced to see Abby's side of the story, I slowly had a change of heart. Things became less objective and I had to see Abby as a human. And as the game made me empathize with Abby, so to did I begin to care about what Joel did.

    The last of us gave me insight that I could never actually experience for myself. I am locked in my own perspective, and so even when I look at things objectively, I simply can't truly look at things from another perspective. But in a video game with multiple protagonists, not only is it possible, it's mandatory.

    I feel like I've gone off track a bit, but I hope you're still somewhat with me.

    By forcing me to reevaluate Joel's morality, the game made me reevaluate my own. In showing me Abby's perspective, the game forced me to care about it, and thus the people around me in my real life.

    I feel like this game has changed me. I have more empathy for the people of this world now than I did before. The last of us part two literally made me a better person.

    Whereas before I would have done what Joel did without hesitation, I just don't know what I'd do now. I'm not sure I'd be able to live with myself in either scenario.The game's story and themes also further that message. I'm going to have to think twice every time I desire revenge. Is it truly worth it, and is there a side to the story that I'm missing?

    I can't think of a proper way to end this, but I honestly believe that this is one of the most important pieces of media I've ever consumed.

    submitted by /u/BandanaGrapes
    [link] [comments]

    “This Hunter was on top of him...drowning him.” (Spoilers)

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 08:36 AM PST

    I'm at Seattle Day 1 for Ellie and she opens with this line to Dina as she's describing how she saved Joel.

    And I'm over here, devastated once again, BECAUSE THIS IS HOW THE GAME ENDS and I want to cry.

    submitted by /u/jaustengirl
    [link] [comments]

    The apparent “rigging” of the game awards

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 06:54 PM PST

    Last of us part 2 was definitely a divided game. You don't have to like it but respect peoples opinion if they like it. That didn't happen during the game awards. News flash toxic youtubers: Just because your favorite game didn't win, doesn't mean the award is rigged. You wanna know the funny part? Those same youtubers were calling some toxic TLOU2 fans out on the exact same thing.

    submitted by /u/Therexyrex
    [link] [comments]

    Ending was foreshadowed by Joel and Ellie! :O

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 02:58 PM PST

    i know i’m late but i just finished Left Behind

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 04:52 PM PST

    i cried like a baby & it made me so excited for when i finally (been too poor for next gen, still can't afford even a PS4) get to Pt. 2. i've been waiting years to get a PS3 to play Pt. 1 - finally did that in quarantine & it was so worth the wait!! this story is so rich!! i love the character progression. i don't have any stake in the GOTY stuff or any of the outside politics because the series is THAT good. i'll keep playing through part 1 until i'm able to get a PS4 to play the second part. thanks for all the discussions in here that've made me even more hype even if i am hella late & hella poor. it lets me know that something really fun is ahead of me

    submitted by /u/carlosthrollerblader
    [link] [comments]

    Got the Tlou1 plat before the year ends, doing the Hunter and Firefly journey in two days got me hyped asf

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 05:39 PM PST

    Does anyone else want Dina dlc?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 09:58 PM PST

    Yeah yeah, I know it's been said "no dlc" so stop pokin' holes in me ship.

    But if we were blessed with part 2 dlc, I would want Dina dlc. She's such an awesome character that deserves to shine! And there's a lot of interesting potential. I think being able to guide a herd of wild horses would be a beautiful sequence to play out.

    submitted by /u/jaustengirl
    [link] [comments]

    HARD HITTING

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 04:24 PM PST

    It's been about 5 months since my last playthrough, and this game still hits me hard right in the feels. Just going through Joel's house and the emotions are flowing. Well done ND no other game has had this effect on me. I'm 46 and have been gaming for decades.

    submitted by /u/brklntruth12
    [link] [comments]

    [Ending Spoilers] What did Ellie know of the fireflies plans?

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 10:29 PM PST

    I just finished Pt 2 and am trying to wrap my head around the factions and their motivations.

    At the end of pt 1 ellie is unconscious and abby + her dad decide to kill her with the operation. Did ellie know this was going to happen? IIRC they found her while she was knocked out and decided to just do the surgery. At any point was she asked to volunteer or agree to it?

    If they actually had decent/benevolent motivations, why not just wait for her to wake up and get her to volunteer?

    I'm also curious to know how a surgeon was suppose to be able to make a vaccine and what was the chance of sucess had he killed ellie. Like killing her for a 5% chance seems way shittier than had they had a 99% chance of making a vaccine to cure it.

    submitted by /u/KevinAlertSystem
    [link] [comments]

    Abby is menacing

    Posted: 22 Dec 2020 05:27 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment