• Breaking News

    Friday, October 2, 2020

    The Last of Us | There is 1 infected among us

    The Last of Us | There is 1 infected among us


    There is 1 infected among us

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 07:22 PM PDT

    People Hate Part 2 For Something They Praised In Part 1

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 11:36 AM PDT

    I just can't stop thinking about this game and it's been out for a whole trimester. Well, in one of my thoughts, I realized that our divided other half of the fandom has a problem with something they loved in Part One.

    After Sarah, Joel is essentially soulless. I personally think he loved Tess, but as far as being a good man, he wasn't one. He didn't care to be because he died inside. He got the job , he got the precious cargo (in the form of a girl) and it was just another job. Then the Soldier incident revealed Ellie's 'condition'. For Tess, Joel's new mission is to get Ellie to the Fireflies so that they can (hopefully) restore humanity. And you do that. You get Ellie to the Fireflies, and Joel changes his mind about his mission. He saves Ellie, and (potentially) damned humanity.

    Ellie has a similar story. After Joel, she loves Dina, but she's soulless. She slaughters a fraction of Seattle for her own vengeful pursuit of her father's murderer and {flash forward} she gets there and gets the opportunity, and she changes her mind. She does the same thing as Joel and people lost their minds over it.

    Edit: thanks for the awards and discussions, and a special thanks to (the few) of you who completely disagree with me but are still respectful, we need more people like you in the world

    submitted by /u/iJashin
    [link] [comments]

    “I’m scared of ending up alone.” by @redtreacle

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 08:25 PM PDT

    My first realistic looking Ellie sketch, turned out better than expected!

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    I drew Ellie’s trauma/grief and acceptance/forgiveness

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 03:20 PM PDT

    The Last Of Us - Ellie Fanart

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 05:56 PM PDT

    TLOU 1 & 2 - Fan Art I made for TLOU day

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 03:10 AM PDT

    Joel’s watch and birthday card ��

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 10:40 PM PDT

    I was inspired to do some fan art after playing the second game for the first time recently

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    My Cover of Gustavo Santaolalla's - "Longing"

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 10:06 AM PDT

    I'm a former Part 2 pessimist. This community's positivity opened my mind. Let's see how this goes...

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 05:55 PM PDT

    Some Round Brush Ellie Fan art I made!

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 07:36 PM PDT

    Quick drawing of Ellie from TLOU2

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 06:49 PM PDT

    Wild glitch in TLOU2 I couldn’t stop laughing at��

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 11:52 PM PDT

    i painted my uke :)

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 08:59 AM PDT

    Last of us no firearms(expect mandatory partsp

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 05:28 PM PDT

    One negative thing after playing Part 2.

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 12:02 PM PDT

    THIS IS NOT a hate post, just want that clear. I'm writing this almost 3 months after my first playthrough, (currently on my third) so all my emotions about this game have settled down.

    The Last Of Us Part 2 is the best game I have ever played, no question about that and I just can't let it rest for longer then a week. It is everything I have ever hoped for and much, much more.

    The one bad thing is that I just cannot seem to enjoy other games as much after Part 2. I guess what I'm trying to say is, Part 2 is just so good that other games don't really come close to it, or better said, Part 2 has spoiled me.

    submitted by /u/uncle__fester
    [link] [comments]

    TLOU Guitar, Enjoy! :) (created by me) , swipe - more versions

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 10:16 AM PDT

    Best lighting in the game equals my favorite photo!

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 09:05 PM PDT

    Made Joel’s bear sculpture from Part 2 in a hospital workshop❤️

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 07:58 AM PDT

    Did this drawing ages ago but it makes me so sad looking back at it :(((

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 03:54 PM PDT

    Just realized something about the criticism

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 06:06 AM PDT

    This is kinda obvious but it just really dawned on me today, so I wanted to put it into words.

    The people who hate TLOU2 (not all of them ofc, but I've seen many) criticize it for the story which they hate, and the fact that they have to play Abby, who they also hate...

    Which is the whole point.

    They call it bad writing because it makes them feel all those negative emotions.

    They totally don't get that they were supposed to hate it, and even hate her (for some time at least). They basically think it's a... mistake?

    And then they say it's us who got manipulated into liking Abby. While they themselves got "manipulated", as in, they felt whatever they were intended to feel (at the start). But they lack the understanding of this and chalk it up to "bad writing".

    This is how used we are to games being pleasant experiences centered around having fun, rather than being a means of artistic expression that evokes thought. This is a huge shock for many of these people. Such a shock that they just don't compute it and immediately think it simply must be ''bad". They really think ND is clueless as to how Joel's death would impact them.

    They legit think it was an unconscious decision, because they automatically assume that the developers want their comfort, and not discomfort (in this case).

    I'm not sure what my conclusion is here, it's just what I realized today. Probably that some people are just less artistically sensitive overall so to speak (not trying to insult anyone), so they want simpler and more palatable entertainment that's not particularly deep, and that's what they expect games should bring them.

    Which is fair... but then they miss the point in their criticism.

    Which would ultimately bring me to the conclusion that this game was either aimed at certain people - not an average gamer - or, that it was attempting to make the average gamer think.

    And therefore, it is truly groundbreaking. Maybe it came with a cost. But it definitely did achieve something .

    Now I'm aware that I'm not, as we like to say in my language, ''discovering America" here - I'm sure this is common knowledge. I just wanted to kinda sort it out in my head and understand some of the shit that the game got.

    What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/phantomrrider
    [link] [comments]

    Just Nasty!

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 08:16 PM PDT

    Dina and her questions

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 10:19 PM PDT

    I'm all for having conversations and dialogue in a video game but how many fucking questions can Dina ask? Like she non-stop asks questions and she just walks in your way when you're trying to sneak and almost get's you killed.

    submitted by /u/MRRobBarker
    [link] [comments]

    Happy October! Does anyone else think the shamblers design was inspired by the shape and texture of pumpkins? ��

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 07:16 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment