• Breaking News

    Friday, October 23, 2020

    The Last of Us | There are times when you buy things you don’t need and regret it. This is not one of those times

    The Last of Us | There are times when you buy things you don’t need and regret it. This is not one of those times


    There are times when you buy things you don’t need and regret it. This is not one of those times

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    "Grounded it's well balanced and it's the most rewarding way to play"

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    Ellie cosplay TLOU2 [self]

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 12:25 PM PDT

    This is why Ellie's hand shaking isn't weak writing

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 01:53 PM PDT

    Best way to celebrate 18

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 02:18 PM PDT

    After 2 months of practice, I completed a Grounded Permadeath (Whole Game) run!

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 09:21 AM PDT

    I still can't believe I did it, but here it is!

    https://preview.redd.it/mqr0hnrk9ou51.jpg?width=4160&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=fa54f8dab2aebf7937a758cc775eaa81f57ca34f

    Overall I feel like I was pretty lucky, considering this was my first proper attempt at a Whole Game run, after spending about 2 months creating strategies and practicing each encounter. This was by no means a perfect run, since I messed up a few encounters in Ellie%, but I'm really happy with how Abby% and Santa Barbara turned out.

    These are the rules that I followed in this run:

    • New Game
    • Grounded difficulty
    • Permadeath (Whole Game)
    • No damage indicators
    • No awareness indicators
    • No accessibility options that give a combat advantage. Quality of life options like Auto pick-up, FOV, Camera distance and alternate QTE controls (holding square instead of tapping) are allowed.
    • No gameplay modifiers
    • No practicing encounters mid-run in other save files. In my opinion, the challenge of a permadeath run is not to just create strategies for each encounter, but also to remember them and use them in a run without constantly going back to practice in other save files.

    I fully livestreamed the run, but due to the rules of this subreddit I don't think I can include a link to the recordings. Anyway, I can provide it if anyone is interested in the strategies I used.

    Now, since I'm really insane and I'm not tired of this game yet, I think I'm going to attempt a No Healing run...

    submitted by /u/Lucus510
    [link] [comments]

    Since when did Sony add new avatars

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 06:44 PM PDT

    Fan art done by me. A scene that I hoped it was in the game

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 05:54 AM PDT

    Just completed TLoU2. Amazing.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 09:48 AM PDT

    I didn't think it would work. But it worked for me. I know I'm late to the party. But I loved The Last of Us 2 very much.

    submitted by /u/Illmaybebegone
    [link] [comments]

    Parallels

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 07:01 AM PDT

    One thing to be understood across The Last of Us series, is that both titles are indicators of just how much a video game can make one feel. In them, you experience a wide range of confrontational emotions, that can be both fulfilling & exhausting.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 01:48 PM PDT

    Regardless of personal opinion of the narrative & gameplay, and while caveating all my praise with the fact Naughty Dog employees had to crunch, the genuine emotions felt by anyone who experienced this title cannot be understated. Yes, it did go too far with exploitative YouTuber's manipulating people into sending death threats and cruelty being sent in the way of numerous members of the cast, which is entirely inexcusable and disgusting. That dangerous behavior actually has obscured any genuine critiques of some elements of the game.

    That being said, in terms of being a video game that can trigger something genuine inside of you, this game is a fucking masterpiece. Playing Part 1 will never be the same knowing what happens, and playing Part 2 will never be the same knowing how it ends.

    submitted by /u/zephaniiiah
    [link] [comments]

    PSX 2016 TLOU2 Reveal Trailer theory...

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 05:48 PM PDT

    I've had this theory for a while, but I've never posted it here. What if the reveal trailer for the game is a dream that Ellie has while she's sleeping with Dina in the farmhouse section of the game, and then wakes up to go after Abby. Reason being, when Joel walks in the room in the trailer, he says "What are you doing kiddo? You really gonna go through with this?" Possibly referring to the fact that the revenge quest could've ended, and Ellie doesn't have to go after Abby. At the end of the trailer, Ellie says "I'm gonna find, and I'm gonna kill, every last one of them." Ellie probably woke up from the dream, went downstairs, played the guitar, put on Joel's jacket, and went to finish the job (she didn't actually finish the job, but you know what I mean.) I don't know, just a thought!

    submitted by /u/SeniorTacoCookie
    [link] [comments]

    Finished the pumpkin. Think it turned out pretty good.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 05:21 PM PDT

    "When you're lost in the darkness, look for the light"

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    Finally did it! Took four playthroughs and four trips through the emotional amusement park that is TLoU2 but...so worth it. Setting it down and getting my thoughts together to put them to paper

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 07:55 AM PDT

    Technology in TLOU Time Period - What's Obsolete, What's Still Useful?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 07:14 PM PDT

    So let's come up with some theories based on the Last of Us storyline and their time period. What kind of technology has gone obsolete, what's still useful?

    A bunch of guesses I've come up with:

    • The internet is probably gone for good, considering the companies are done for. Also means no more YouTube, no more social media
    • Mobile devices like phones and tablets are still useful for apps, downloaded/installed games, and taking pictures...just not for using them as phones because phone companies are destroyed and there's no more internet.
    • Computers are probably still useful to an extent, in other words they won't last long and will not be reliable considering it'll be impossible for new computers to be made
    • Video game consoles and television are still in great use. Ellie has a PS3 and a TV in her room as seen in TLOU2. No more cable television.
    • CD's, DVD's, tapes, and vinyls are back to being the main form of music media since streaming media is out of the question. Downloaded Mp3s and videos from a long time ago are still a thing if you have a computer and mobile device working.
    • As confirmed in TLOU2, walkie talkies are still a thing.
    • No more landline telephones.
    • Photocopiers are still working
    • Sound systems (microphones and speakers) are still being used
    • No more airplanes and helicopters as they were nowhere to be seen (that I know of)

    Would love to hear from you guys on your theory/ideas on what's obsolete and what's still functional during TLOU time period.

    submitted by /u/eddielammusic
    [link] [comments]

    "-Life is a bitch and then you die, right? -Or sometimes... life is a bitch and you keep living"

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 07:04 PM PDT

    My thoughts on the symbolism of Abby's character design

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    Okay so to start off, I love Abby as a character. She was my favorite in the game. One thing I noticed that I haven't seen many people talk about, was what her physical appearance/character design communicates to the audience and what it symbolizes.

    Her character design is genius. The first thing you notice about her is obviously the muscles. She's fucking built, she obviously spent tons of time working out and getting stronger. She's clearly motivated by strength, and the ability to fight physically.

    It's no coincidence that she kills Joel by physically beating him with a golf club, rather than a knife or gun. It fits in with the symbolism of her huge muscles, it gives the impression that all of her strength training was so that she could brutalize people on her quest for revenge. We only see a violent killer with a physically intimidating appearance.

    BUT, when we finally switch to her campaign we immediately see an entirely different story. From the flashback with her father and onward, we see that she's actually surprisingly normal. She loved her dad, she has friends, problems, relationships. She makes jokes, she's scared of things. She's concerned about other people and puts herself at great physical risk for the people she cares about (abandoning the settlement to look for Owen for example)

    Finally, all the pieces fall into place when she meets Yara and Lev for the first time, and we see that shot of her standing in front of the two, armed with just a hammer, about to take on a fucking horde of infected. It completely recontextualizes not only her physical design but also the scene of Joel's death. Where before her muscles and use of a hand-to-hand weapon were a display of brutality, now they're framed as symbols of defense and guardianship. She's fighting to save the two kids.

    That one scene, combined with what we see of Abby's personality, shows us that all of her work to build that muscular physique and tough exterior WASN'T for the purpose of being a brutal murder. She is strong because that's what lets her protect the people she cares about.

    And finally, this is what makes the end of the game so powerful. When Ellie finds Abby tied up on the beach and she's basically unrecognizable. She's malnourished, skinny, her neatly-braided and styled hair is all cut up and torn out. It would be disturbing to see any character like that, but the fact that her physical appearance was so symbolically important to her character, it makes that scene hit twice as hard. Honestly seeing Abby like that, and the subsequent fight with Ellie, was probably the most shocking and tragic part of the game for me.

    submitted by /u/TheSAVAGEHipHop
    [link] [comments]

    Ellie’s choice

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 06:07 PM PDT

    Many people are really fucking pissed at Ellie for leaving Dina and JJ at the end and so am I but I get why she did what she did.

    Of course she loved Dina with all her heart but PTSD really sucks ass.

    She couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, couldn't be in peace because of the flashbacks she had, and all she was thinking about was killing Abby.

    That guilt she felt of not being able to 'avenge' Joel was eating her up alive and when Tommy visited her that was when she finally cracked.

    Being in that state of mind, believing that killing Abby would take away her pain and sorrow, was what blinded her from making the right choice. And that is mistake she will have to live with for the rest of her life.

    submitted by /u/victoria_antopia
    [link] [comments]

    Goddamn.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 02:46 PM PDT

    Well I've finished the game.

    First and foremost, this is my favorite game. I love a lot of video games, and before I played this, my number one was Dark Souls.

    I'm not gonna lie.

    I never thought a game could beat Dark Souls for me. But goddamn.

    This is also the only story in a game to ever make me cry. Full tears have streamed down my face.

    The first time I teared up was when Joel's daughter died. Then more and more happened.

    But the first part to ever have me full on cry is when Henry shot his brother, and then himself. I kept playing, and then something else happened. A very big thing.

    Ellie almost got raped.

    As soon as she said, "He tried to-" and Joel called her baby girl, I cried. I cried for a while actually. I had to pause the game so I could stop crying.

    Then at the end, after Joel saved Ellie and swore to her, I cried again.

    I could not have imagined how much I would love this. Thank you Naughty Dog, thank you Sony...

    And thank you, The Last of Us.

    submitted by /u/Getmeinapewdsvid
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think about that?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 07:36 AM PDT

    My take on Pt. 2

    Posted: 22 Oct 2020 09:51 AM PDT

    Please read this sentence before you decide to comment:

    I won't tell you how to feel about this game, and I won't ask you to change your opinion on the story - please grant me the same kindness, as this game means a lot to me. Thank you.

    The Last of Us was a game that changed my life growing up. I watched someone play it on YouTube before I got the game, begged my parents for it on my birthday, and poured thousands of hours into the game from 2013 all the way up to 2020. Ellie was the same age as me when I played, so I felt like I grew up with her in a way. I've replayed the story a dozen times...I still play Factions to this day. I cannot tell you how excited I was for Part 2.

    At 12:00 AM I downloaded the game. I played all night til I had to go to work in the morning. I finished the game, immediately started another save and haven't stopped. This game is beautiful, but so, so brutal. The first game made me cry, this game made me sob.

    Part 2 was worth the 7 year wait for me. I had no expectations going into it, except that I was gonna be a mess when I finished. I was right - I'm every bit obsessed with this game as I was with the first. The gameplay, the graphics, the acting, the story...

    When Joel died I was shocked. I was spoiled before the game came out, literally by a few days. (I didn't see the clip, someone spoiled it in chat on a stream I was watching.) Even still, that scene managed to rip me apart after I'd already come to terms with what happens. When I had to play Abby, I hated her...and yet Naughty Dog managed to make Abby's parts turn into some of my favorite parts of the game. Sometimes I just play encounters, and hers are crazy fun! (I will say Ellie's kit is better...but goddamn I love that crossbow.)

    I love both games. They will always be special to me. I'm so happy that I got to experience them. Thanks for reading, if you did. c:

    submitted by /u/samakkins
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment