• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 31, 2020

    The Last of Us | Somewhere in a parallel universe

    The Last of Us | Somewhere in a parallel universe


    Somewhere in a parallel universe

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 10:33 AM PDT

    None of my friends really gave a rip about my costume, thinking you guys might like it.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    Credits: Twitter @AbbyStanAccount

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 02:23 AM PDT

    Jocelyn Mettler as Abby for Halloween

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 02:43 PM PDT

    I'm Abby for Halloween! muscles 100% real

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 05:22 PM PDT

    Ellie Decapitations

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 08:00 PM PDT

    Let's give it up for our boy Lev

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 07:14 PM PDT

    This was such an awesome watch! Abby and Dina’s face models! (Spoilers)

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 10:19 AM PDT

    Final Judgement

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 05:26 PM PDT

    My tlou inspired tattoo done today!

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 06:42 PM PDT

    My collection just got a new addition. Been waiting since february for this one.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 10:14 AM PDT

    [Spoilers] I just finished The Last of Us Part II

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 08:23 PM PDT

    Holy shit. First off I just played both games over the course of a week with no spoilers, no prior knowledge of the games, and ignoring the spoiler-free negative reviews of Part II that I knew were out there. What an experience. SPOILERS AHEAD I don't know if I just interpreted the game differently from others but I think Part II is a masterpiece in storytelling as a character study for Ellie and Abby. I wasn't mad Joel died at all because I honestly thought he was going to die at the end of the first one (the ending was crazier than I expected), and I think his death was used extremely well as a tool to make Ellie feel grief. As someone with a history of mental illness and struggling to cope with PTSD (although the event that caused mine wasn't nearly as traumatic) I think the way her character showed grief and made irrational decisions based on the overwhelming emotional trauma she was experiencing was done soooooo well. That's actually what it's like, that's what mental illness does to your decision making. After finishing the game I was pretty disappointed to find not many people sharing that sentiment. I also think Abby showed trauma and grief excellently too because in the flashback to her life 4 years before the main plot she is clearly more expressive and emotionally available, and the massacre of the fireflies destroyed her so much that she became a shell of who she was before, which again I think is an accurate portrayal of how an event like that would effect someone. I don't think you need to say outloud "I have mixed feelings about what I did" to portray that. IMO she shows signs of depression in the same way that Casey Affleck in Manchester by the Sea does (watch that movie for more emotional damage). I do think the pacing in the middle hurt the game a bit but once I finished the overall story I couldn't help but burst into tears seeing Ellie try to play chords with her missing fingers. Oh and I also thought that characters like Owen and Mel weren't that moving to me BUT I realized while I was playing as Abby that their deaths weren't really about them so much as they were about Abby losing everything again and still struggling to find the humanity in herself to show grief and cope appropriately, although the vomiting was a clear sign of grief I guess. Once that clicked for me I sympathized with Abby a lot more, although I think Owen and Mel being written a little better would simultaneously make their deaths hurt you the player more and accomplish the same effect with Abby. Anyone who still hated Abby throughout the whole game confuses me, I feel like you have to be trying not to understand her character to have no sympathy for her, but maybe it depends on your own perspective on processing trauma. Please no calling each other stupid in the comments, I've never been on this sub before but if they comments here are anything like youtube this post is gonna get fucked lol

    submitted by /u/bootynips
    [link] [comments]

    The Elk Creek trail log book BEFORE Ellie turns the page.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 08:57 PM PDT

    About A Girl

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 04:26 PM PDT

    Clicker mask I made

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 10:04 AM PDT

    Long line of survivors

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 05:28 PM PDT

    Happy to pick these both up on sale. Beautifully made and presented.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    What are you afraid of?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 06:53 PM PDT

    Joel and Ellie Funko. Finally got my Joel.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 02:32 PM PDT

    Eyes on the Prize...

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 05:25 AM PDT

    Ellie, you naughty dog

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    I‘ve built the plastic bottle suppressor

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 06:19 AM PDT

    I thought you guys might appreciate this text I got from my 58 year old uncle (bonus picture of my cat, Ellie)

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 08:54 AM PDT

    Abby IRL

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 12:39 PM PDT

    E.W. portrait

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 04:07 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment