• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 14, 2020

    The Last of Us | Joel's line to Ellie in Part II and it's deeper meaning

    The Last of Us | Joel's line to Ellie in Part II and it's deeper meaning


    Joel's line to Ellie in Part II and it's deeper meaning

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 06:47 AM PDT

    "If somehow the lord gave me a second chance at that moment, I would do it all over again"

    So I'm not sure if you all already know this but it just struck me. When Joel first saved Ellie, his intent was one of selfishness because he couldn't go through losing his daughter again.

    We see in Part II that Ellie has a pretty good life, she lives in a safe place with her own home, she has hobbies she partakes in, she has friends who she hangs out with and she even has a crush on this girl she likes which Joel mentions during his final conversation with her, suffice to say, aside from her strained relationship with Joel, she is pretty happy. Compare that to Part I where she has none of that, even telling Joel she is still just waiting for her turn to die and it's clear her whole purpose in life was to give herself for a cure.

    Joel knows and sees all of this, and despite the fact that Ellie may never talk to him or have a good relationship with him ever again, he still says he would do it all over again. Because this time he would do it not for himself but for her, knowing that it would give her a life she finds worth living. This time his intent wouldn't be one of selfishness but of selflessness. At least that's what I got from it.

    submitted by /u/UnjustNation
    [link] [comments]

    “Revenge is a fool's game.”

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 09:40 PM PDT

    The Last Of Us changed my girlfriend's lifestyle completely!

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 10:27 PM PDT

    Got my own “bite marks” covered up! (tw: self harm scars)

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 06:51 PM PDT

    Sick ledge kill

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 05:42 PM PDT

    I did it!

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 05:40 PM PDT

    Guess what just arrived!!

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 03:39 PM PDT

    The Symbolism of the Moths [SPOILERS]

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 10:09 PM PDT

    I haven't seen anyone really talk about the symbolism of the moths in the game, so I'm going to propose my theory on their symbolism.

    A moth, much like a butterfly, is the result of a caterpillar/larvae weaving cocoon and hatching back out. Both are a symbol of change. Since they're both so similar and I see fit, I will be making analogies to both.

    That's why we see a moth on the guitar and why Ellie's tattoo features one.

    The guitar symbolizes Ellie's relationship with Joel. That relationship is in a constant state of change. It is at first promising, much like a caterpillar promising a butterfly. But Joel and Ellie have a falling out. They build walls around themselves, much like a caterpillar does with a cocoon. And, the night before Joel dies, they promise to each other to make up. The hatching of the butterfly/moth.

    Ellie's tattoo very much indicates her path. Before she has the tattoo, she's open and kind. She's like a caterpillar. But, as her tattoo is being done, she begins to put up walls. She becomes more and more cynical. In the flashback where she and Joel go to get guitar strings, her tattoo is only line work. She is blatantly apprehensive about being with Joel alone. Then, when the tattoo is complete, we see her tear those walls down. She opens up to Joel. All looks promising, like a new born butterfly. But moths aren't butterflies. After Joel's death, something in Ellie begins to fester and gnaw away at her, much like a moth eats away at its surroundings. At the farm, she looks for the light but is drowning in darkness before it inevitably pulls her back down.

    There's an allegory there for how the butterfly/moth also symbolizes change within the player.

    Caterpillar - Ellie and Abby's introductions in the game. Both are peaceful and intriguing. They show promise.

    Cocoon - Joel's death, Ellie's Seattle. We build up a hatred for Abby, WLF, and Scars. We don't try to understand, we only hate and seek to kill.

    Butterfly - Abby's Seattle. We're meant to change how we look at her. She's to stop being the villain and be more of an understandable anti-hero.

    I can't be certain, but I think that's what the moths in the loading screen symbolize. Change within us and how we look at the story as it's unfolding.

    submitted by /u/wades39
    [link] [comments]

    post- apocalyptic starter pack for the early autumn

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 03:46 AM PDT

    Ever wonder how all those workbenches "magically" have powered lights?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 07:32 PM PDT

    Cat looking at the moths

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 03:45 PM PDT

    I also got a sick ledge kill

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 07:48 PM PDT

    I painted the menu screen.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 11:07 AM PDT

    Brick fucking master!

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    made these little drawings/edits the other day, Ellie's knife and Lev + Yara! ��

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 07:30 AM PDT

    Has anyone grown to appreciate the ending of TLOU2?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 02:27 PM PDT

    My initial reaction of the ending was that I was confused that Ellie would go so far to get revenge, and then not follow through with killing Abby. Resulting in her losing everything she established that made her happy. I wouldn't say I hated the ending, but I did feel that if ended before Ellie set out to Santa Barbara, it would of been a little better. But as I read the interpretations of other people, I noticed that the ending was really important for Ellie to get her closure, and realizing that revenge wasn't going to fix anything. Not sure if anyone else feels like this, but I wanted to see if anyone else grew to appreciate the ending.

    submitted by /u/smoothprince
    [link] [comments]

    Many wolves taking down the big animal. I believe we can find some kind of analogy here... (from: "luquitarodriguez" on twitch)

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 05:21 PM PDT

    This was a time saver

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    Why I love Part two

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 07:33 AM PDT

    I know the game is kinda warming up to some fans and I think now is a good time bro talk about my feelings on it. The game, to me atleast, is as good as the first. I think people weren't expecting a story driven by themes since the last one was plot driven. The gameplay is so satisfying to play and feels worth it. Was Joel's death sad? Yes. Would it make sense for him to go out in a blaze of glory? No. It's the last of us universe where you'll most likely die sadly. Oh and the voice actors performance is astounding

    submitted by /u/Therexyrex
    [link] [comments]

    I’m horrible at painting, but here’s a clicker I spent like ten minutes on...

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 01:22 PM PDT

    Does anyone else feel like a father to Ellie?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 04:16 PM PDT

    I started playing the first game a few weeks ago and I feel connected to Ellie for some reason and I have this strong urge to protect her. It's very strange, and yes I know they are fictional characters but does anyone else feel like this?

    submitted by /u/GoatishWolf
    [link] [comments]

    Seattle Day 1. A little rough around the edges but I figured I'd try something new!

    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 03:21 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment