• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 8, 2020

    The Last of Us | I burned Ellie into some wood and I’m pretty proud of it! (Go easy on me, I’m still learning!)

    The Last of Us | I burned Ellie into some wood and I’m pretty proud of it! (Go easy on me, I’m still learning!)


    I burned Ellie into some wood and I’m pretty proud of it! (Go easy on me, I’m still learning!)

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:39 PM PDT

    Saw this pointed out on twitter and this game is just amazing

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 07:03 AM PDT

    Draw me like one of your French girls

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 02:33 PM PDT

    And People said this Game was A Failure ��

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 11:31 PM PDT

    I drew ellie!

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 07:05 AM PDT

    Made a tiny clicker bust out of clay :)

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 09:13 PM PDT

    I draw Ellie

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:13 PM PDT

    6 out of 10 players have now completed the game. Like, a solid 6.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 07:32 AM PDT

    "If I ever were to lose you.." by @rzsh_23

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 07:15 PM PDT

    Portrait of Lev [OC]

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 08:44 PM PDT

    I just finished Grounded+ for the first time

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    I just completed my first Grounded+ playthrough and I must say, while it a tad easier than I expected, it was a TON of fun. It honestly felt a lot like my first playthrough back in June. I absolutely loved it, even though it was a massive pain in the ass. I just wanted to share some of my thoughts for those who haven't gone through grounded yet. If you have, let me know if you had any similar experiences.

    First I want to list the areas I had trouble with:

    The Gondola (Jackson): in hindsight, I should've expected this one to be difficult. But at the time, I thought I could at least run around a bit and melee the horde. HOLY FUCK WAS I WRONG. I underestimated how much damage the infected to on Grounded+ by a country fucking miles. I tried meleeing primarily to conserve ammo, but then I realized I wouldn't actually need that ammo again so I started blasting. I had about six bullets on my, but ammo spawns in three spots on this level, and the max amount I had after grabbing those was 11. I also noticed that if you ran around too much at one time, Joel will do the same. He actually got in my way one time which allowed a runner to beat my skull in. I remember laughing and expressing happiness he'd be getting bonked in a little bit, which I immediately regretted saying. RIP Joelerino. Anyway, this area is timed, so you really just need to survive long enough and you'll be good.

    The Supermarket (Jackson): I didn't have TOO much trouble here, but I had enough that I felt it warranted a mention. I really just had trouble with the stealth and getting caught. Eventually I won the gunfight.

    The Stalker With The Bow aka Boris Legasov (Seattle Day 2): This one could have been much easier but I am a stubborn bastard and wanted to beat this fucking thing without blowing it to bits with the shotgun. It's much, much easier if you just do that, but I wanted to win with the switchblade. And I did, so get fucked Boris.

    Hotel Infected (Jackson Flashback; Seattle Day 2): At this point, I figured this one would be difficult, and I was right. I was struggling mostly because I wanted to save my bullets for the bloater boss fight (which wasn't nearly as difficult as I imagined), but then I remembered that ammo would spawn in for that. This is when I really began appreciating the melee animations btw. It looks so fucking fluid when you time everything right, it's absolutely a work of art. Huge props to Naughty Dog.

    Seraphite Brute (Seattle Day 2): THIS MOTHERFUCKER CAN TAKE A HEADSHOT ON GROUNDED+ AND NOT FUCKING DIE. FUCK YOU, YOUR FAMILY, AND YOU'RE ENTIRE FUCKING CULT YOU BITCH ASS MOTHERFUCKER.

    Stealing The Boat (Seattle Day 3): This one was difficult because it seemed impossible to beat this with stealth only. Everytime I got to the boat unseen, I got killed in the boat. So I tried being semi aggressive, and that didn't work. Eventually I just stealth killed 98% of the Wolves there and went loud for the last 2%.

    Bloater Boss Fight (Seattle Day 3): fuck you

    Railroad Scar Battle (Seattle Day 1 Part II): This was a lot more difficult than I expected. I tried stealthing my way through and it almost worked, but I'd be riddled with bullets as I was climbing the ladder. Eventually I tried a two birds, one stone method: I'd grab a Scar, headshot the next nearest Scar, then kill the one I had grabbed. And it worked first try.

    The Infected Forest (Seattle Day 1 Part II): I truly had trouble with the last part of this, where Yara and Lev had to find a way out for you while you fought off waves of infected. But the entire thing gave me some headache. The easiest part was the mini boss fight with the Seraphite Brute. I noticed that, even on Grounded, their swing patterns don't really change. Usually it's two at a time but after a certain point they'll swing three times each attack. You just gotta time the dodges and mash square.

    The Rat King (Seattle Day 2 Part II): Do I need to explain?

    The Sniper at The Marina (Seattle Day 3 Part II): Jesus fuckin Christ I love you Tommy but I hate you Tommy.

    The Wolves On The Island (Seattle Day 3 Part II): This is right after Yara is killed, if you don't know what I'm talking about. I tried swimming my way past everyone but it didn't work. Eventually I just tried luring everyone outside and headshotting them. It worked better than swimming but not everyone would come outside, so I had to play cat and mouse to finish it

    I honestly think that playing on the higher difficulties makes the story better. I connected with these characters a lot more because I was much more emotionally vulnerable than I was on say, Light or Moderate. I honestly feel like I went through a lot of this shit right next to these characters as opposed to being a backseat driver if that makes sense. Characters I previously hated I softened a bit on (looking at you, Mel), I came to love the characters I loved even more (Ellie just needs a fuckin hug man), it was absolutely beautiful.

    Did anyone have similar experiences and thoughts? Let me know!

    submitted by /u/CommisionerGordon79
    [link] [comments]

    My whole Last of Us collection

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    Duudee, Look What I Did

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 07:52 AM PDT

    I thought Abby's backpack looked familiar so I went into my storage and dug it out. Stoked.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 10:40 PM PDT

    Turns out I bought Abby's backpack years ago. #TLOU2 https://imgur.com/gallery/wKSxO5x

    submitted by /u/ChimpJuice
    [link] [comments]

    My arms still swollen, and it's still fresh from yesterday, but I got Ellie's tattoo done!! I love color and it goes well with the rest of my art, too.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    So I was looking through concept art in part 2 and this one of Ellie in the epilogue looks strikingly like Ashley Johnson, maybe there was plans to have Ellie look like Ashley as she got older, either way enjoy the concept art

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    Now i can play The last of us part II

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 06:19 PM PDT

    The parts where you’re running away from the Infected are the most intense for me

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 07:34 PM PDT

    In both games and in Left Behind we get a couple of moments in the game where you're running away from the infected. These parts are easily the most intense parts of the games for me. I feel like most people would probably say they feel most anxious in the basement scene from TLOU1 or going against the rat king in TLOU2 or something else like that, and while those were certainly anxiety-inducing for me, nothing had me more more engaged then when you have a crowd of infected running behind you and even the slightest slip means you're a goner. I think I especially felt this in the beginning of TLOU2 where Abby was running away with Joel and Tommy. I remember a couple times I wasn't sure what path to follow and had moments where the infected closed in on me and.... sheesh. Forget that I'm just playing a video game lol.

    What do you guys think? What are the most anxiety-inducing parts of the games for you?

    submitted by /u/capamericapistons
    [link] [comments]

    I don't know if it's just me, but I don't hear a lot of people talk about this moment in the game.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 10:59 AM PDT

    In the very beginning of Part 2 after Joel tells Tommy the truth about what happened at the Fireflies hospital, he has quite a lot of mixed feelings about the situation. But he later admits that if he was in Joel's shoes, he wouldn't have done anything different.

    This to me felt a little more encouraging to hear from another character within the game and to know that what Joel did to save Ellie from being killed for a potential vaccine, is what anybody would've done if they loved someone.

    In the game we hear quite a lot of characters talking about how what Joel did was 'monstrous' and 'evil', but that was mostly from people that saw things from Abby's side of the story and those who don't know the context behind his actions like the audience does.

    submitted by /u/phantom_avenger
    [link] [comments]

    Abby will make a man out of you

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 11:48 PM PDT

    Does anybody have a wallpaper of this where the height is longer above and below Ellie? I was looking for a wallpaper where she’s still centered, but have a larger forest background behind her

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 01:22 PM PDT

    I drew Ellie, Joel and Abby :D

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 03:32 AM PDT

    My first playthrough save file is timestamped 07:07:07

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 10:17 PM PDT

    Headspace

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    I just finished playing TLOU2 and I'm very impressed at the way the game got me into the mindset of the characters. I found myself saying the lines right along with the characters every so often. When Lev tells Abby about the exceptions that soldiers get, I said out loud "well that's convenient" not two seconds before Abby did.

    Anyone else have any moments where you were completely in the headspace of the characters?

    submitted by /u/realestwood
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment