• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 7, 2020

    The Last of Us | I drew Ellie :)

    The Last of Us | I drew Ellie :)


    I drew Ellie :)

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    Game Informer Magazine chose “The Last of Us Part II” as one of the Best Games of the Generation ��

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 12:23 AM PDT

    Had an interesting run in with some infected...

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 06:30 AM PDT

    Ellie / Eltruth

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 09:12 AM PDT

    Previous Ellie portrait I did was purchased and when the buyer posted it here someone else commissioned me for a similar artwork. Here it is. :D

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 08:59 AM PDT

    Another nice detail: When you loot enemies' corpses for ammo, their guns unload and get empty

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 04:02 AM PDT

    Owen's story about the old man made me so emotional

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    That music.

    That story.. Who else felt terrible?

    submitted by /u/Hey_Hoot
    [link] [comments]

    Well, look what just arrived! The art design of “The Last of Us” is simply one of the best I’ve ever seen in any game...

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    The most terrifying moment...

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 07:43 AM PDT

    For me was single handily the rat king boss. Honestly they created an absolutely terror inducing experience. The level being pitch black with the exception of your flash light and red strobing lights. The sound of the thing being right on your ass. The limited ammo you had and switching / swapping weapons. The music got my adrenaline up like nothing else.

    All around superb job on this encounter. The vulnerability of these characters is what made this even more tense. Most boss fights for me are tense, but only in a "can I dodge this thing and hit it at the right time". This was on another level.

    submitted by /u/kev971
    [link] [comments]

    I made an Ellie cosplay in Animal crossing. Hope you like it!

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 06:52 AM PDT

    Ecstasy by Crooked Still guitar cover - my first on Ellie's Taylor!

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 08:24 AM PDT

    A bit late but just had this thought (TLOU2 spoiler)

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 07:10 AM PDT

    When Abby pushes Tommy off the pier after he shoots Manny, he presumably loses his rifle in the ocean. Is this the rifle he lets Ellie use in the Finding Strings flashback? If so, I like how it mirrors Ellie also losing her signature weapon in the water after Abby smacks her knife out of her hand at the end of the game.

    submitted by /u/museumflashback20
    [link] [comments]

    I know it's a super small part of the first game but I just had to make Joel's birthday card

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 12:14 AM PDT

    This game has made me feel so many emotions. I cant wait to start my second play through

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 12:38 AM PDT

    honest opinion on the last of us part 2

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 08:30 AM PDT

    I know this has probably been done to death, but the constant worshipping and hating on the game is bothering me. It's honestly a good game in total, but it also has some major flaws. The gameplay is some of the best I've ever seen. The graphics are also extremely good. The story is a pretty good story, but there are some questionable decisions. Now, I knew Joel was going to die, and I'm fine with the decision of Abby killing Joel, but they could have made it more believable. I get that Joel has been around people he trusted and wasn't mistrusting anymore for 4 whole years, but the fact that Abby just so happens to stumble upon Joel and Tommy is pretty lazy on the writer's part. I honestly think that Joel dying by a golf club is a pathetic way to die, but it fits the world the last of us created in which anything can happen. That is honestly what I think of the bad decisions the writers made; it doesn't completely make sense from a storytelling perspective, but it fits the mood and tone of the last of us. I also still see a lot of people complaining about ellie traveling from wisconsin to Seattle and California, a journey that is extremely risking and long, but Joel and Ellie also travelled across half the country in the first game. My biggest problem though, is that a lot of the characters have less personality than the NPC's you kill. For example, all you know about Manny is that he speaks spanish, that he watches anime, and that he likes his dog. After he's shot in the head, Abby just forgets about him. And that's sad, because the writer's failed to make a character that's particially there for comedic relief, like Ellie in the first game. But there are also some very good moments in the game, such as:

    The moments after Joels death where Ellie visits his house and finds his broken watch, reminding the player of the first time Joel and Ellie met and Ellie pointed out that his watch was broken.

    The guitar scenes, even though their main purpose is to transition into flashbacks, they are really nice to watch, and the developers found a new and unique way to use the otherwise useless touchpad on the controller.

    As I already said, the combat and gameplay is probably the best I've ever seen.

    The museum flashback with Ellie was one of the best moments in the entire franchise.

    The infected are really well made and it's fun to fight them.

    The amount of detail put into the game, from the graphic details to the NPC's strategizing and having conversations.

    The Rat King boss fight was awesome. I would love to fight something similar again if there's going to be a third game.

    Lev is one of the few very well done characters.

    A lot of people also say that the game is about how "Revenge is bad", but I think that the game is actually about coming to terms with a loved one dying and not being able to let go. I think that Ellie's hate for Abby reflects her hate for herself for not being able to forgive Joel for what he did. At the end, she lets Abby go, because she sees what her journey has done to her, and is reminded of all she's lost and everything that she's going to lose if she keeps going and how it would affect her. At the end of the game I think she's gonna go back to Jackson and try to make things right again.

    Honestly I think that the last of us 2 definitely justifies its own existence, but it also definitely is not perfect. If I would have to rate it I would give it about a 7 or 8/10

    submitted by /u/Waschtl-
    [link] [comments]

    Little project I did for my Photoshop class, thought some of you might like it...

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 05:20 AM PDT

    Can I stealth past the Library?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 07:16 AM PDT

    I am playing the Alone and Forsaken Chapter and have made it to the library where there's more than a dozen hunters and I must have spent the better part of yesterday trying to get past it. I'm on Grounded difficulty

    Do I need to clear them out or can I sneak through? if so, where do I go?

    submitted by /u/Canadaisbetterlol
    [link] [comments]

    Replaying The Last Of Us after a long hiatus, but this time on Grounded Difficulty. Let's just say I'm humbled by the experience.

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 02:34 AM PDT

    I bought a PS4 just to play these games. I have never been so attached to characters in a video game before and I’ve played many in my lifetime. Just finished up the Last of Us and Left Behind. I can’t wait to play Ellie. I absolutely love her!

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 07:38 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment