• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 1, 2020

    The Last of Us | A video of how I usually capture my photo mode portraits

    The Last of Us | A video of how I usually capture my photo mode portraits


    A video of how I usually capture my photo mode portraits

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:21 PM PDT

    Some of my favourite pictures I've done for part 1.

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 06:09 AM PDT

    Unfiltered environmental shots

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 10:46 AM PDT

    The beauty of this game

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 04:58 PM PDT

    It has arrived!

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 12:27 PM PDT

    Ellie Noir Art by @iconicnephilim

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 03:27 PM PDT

    My first Ellie cosplay~

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    TLOU Part 2 PS5 Remastered Cover edit. Credit to @iconicnephilim

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 06:42 PM PDT

    @bigwolfart just a lil somethin to put a smile on our faces:)

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 11:34 PM PDT

    Sketches of things I saw in game/inspired by Ellie’s journal

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 07:10 PM PDT

    Last of us ruined me for video games (in a good way)

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 06:36 PM PDT

    God I just recently finished both Last of us 1 and 2 and now I am ruined for video games. I feel like both games just kinda broke your heart in such a weirdly satisfying way now I can't play any other games because the whole time I'm just craving the feeling I got from the last of us.

    submitted by /u/Salami_Joe_103
    [link] [comments]

    Hey guys, made a fanart. Took me more than 50hours (This is for Joel)

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 03:05 PM PDT

    Ellie in the Light

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 02:07 PM PDT

    The Last of Us 2 inspired me, at the age of 35, to start writing

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 12:27 PM PDT

    My parents taught me to read when I was a child. I'd be in tears, wanting to go out and play, instead I'd be lying on my bed reading children's books about historical figures who just happened to own other human beings. In a world full of Gargoyles, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and X-men cartoons, you can hardly blame me for not being especially interested in George Washington's wooden teeth.

    Around the age of 10, my best friend, we'll call him Deckard, loaned me some of his books after I'd told him I didn't like reading. They were The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. I devoured them. I may have literally eaten a few pages. They transported me. I flew along with wings made of paragraphs, a voyeur in the best sense, peering down with eagle-eyed vision. No, even better: X-ray vision. I wasn't a bird at all, more like a skinny-kid Superman who lacked any understanding of boundaries and personal space, an eavesdropping Alien.

    The point is, I was gone. I'd left my bedroom thousands of miles behind for some dusty old Manor in the English countryside. People pay actual money to travel? Dumb! A few more pages in and I'm chilling with some talking animals. Holy Shit! This is a thing that I can do? I fell into that wardrobe right along with those English kids, and the adventure stretched on endlessly.

    I've sailed with Prince Caspian. I've held the One Ring and climbed Mount Doom. Peered into the darkness with Drizzt Do'Urden's purple eyes. Rolled the Elfstones in the palm of my hand. The Sword of Truth? Swung it, and Valyrian steel too. I've traveled as part of a Ka-tet to the Dark Tower itself. How lucky is that?

    And today? Today, I flew from the sun-blasted wasteland of Arizona to the Pacific Ocean where I watched what happened to characters that I cared deeply about. I could almost taste the blood and feel the sharp sting of salt water in a dozen wounds. We were all hurting, together. It was the depth of caring that took me by surprise. It made me think of all the great characters that I've adventured with, bled with, cried with. It made me appreciate them, and the amazing Writers who created them.

    It's 25 years later and I guess I never climbed out of that wardrobe. This morning I was transported in a way that I haven't been in a very long time. When I finished The Last of Us 2, I wept. I also had a good hard think about what I'm doing with my life.

    When I was a teenager, I'd look over at my bookshelf from my bed. It was full, and I was proud of it. They were all lined up in the order I'd read them: from left to right, Book 1 to whatever, with shorter series on the left. The Chronicles of Narnia, Lord of the Rings, Redwall, Shannara, Sword of Truth, The Dark Tower, Liveship Traders, Wheel of Time, and A Song of Ice and Fire…which contained only slightly less books at the time. There was a smattering of others, but those are what I remember most.

    I could afford all these interdimensional paperback portals with money I'd earned from a summer job that Deckard had helped me land. There was an easily accessible public Library close to my home, so this wasn't exactly the savviest financial move on my part. Still though, it was a kickass bookshelf.

    My Dad wasn't so keen about any of it. He'd make little throwaway comments. They were like ticks burrowing slowly into my skin.

    Silly stuff, those fantasy books. For kids.

    So, I never told him I wanted to be a writer, or worse yet, a fantasy writer. I didn't want the man I looked up to the most to look down on me.

    Then, one Christmas morning, I got an OG PlayStation. Holy shit! This is another thing I can do? My Dad's disappointment grew.

    Whether it was a book, a film, or a videogame didn't matter to me. It's all Fiction. It's the story that matters. Final Fantasy VII, Xenogears, and Diablo (honorable mention for Myth on PC), those were great stories. At least at the time, the only way to access them was through that iconic controller, with the XSquareTriangleCircle buttons that, just this morning, propelled me along yet another character arc. It's like Magic.

    In a world filled with Magic, I've failed to create my own.

    Instead, I left home and joined the Army because it was safe, odd as that may sound. That mistake became another, and another, and another, but something changed today.

    This morning, I was ripped to shreds by Ellie, Joel, and Abby. Names I'll never forget. In the same way I can't forget Frodo, Sam, and Gollum even if I tried.

    I'm going to start writing. I've decided.

    I'm going to start, and this is the most important point: not stop. I'm going to start writing for me. I'm going to start for my mental health, and to contribute to the mountain of fiction that exits. Not to compete with anyone, there will always be better writers. But I think that the higher that mountain grows, the higher we can climb, and from the peak we can finally see ourselves for who we really are.

    There is a kind of catharsis in the craft. I didn't realize how much accumulated damage needed mending until my own characters began speaking about things that I'd buried. I've been the kid with the dad who never said he was proud, I've been the Soldier in a war that he regrets fighting, the combat veteran who finds himself trying to assimilate in a workplace full of people who've never seen a body ripped in to chunks of meat by a .50 cal, who aren't always tense and on edge and just waiting for the gunfire to start. Head on a swivel, watch your six, all day every day. It's exhausting. I didn't think it'd ever end, and then I met my wife, my new best friend.

    Lately, I've found myself as the protagonist in a love story. My new, amazing wife said she'd be my audience of one for now, and I really needed that. She deserves to be in a good story. After all, she's the only reason I'll be able to write about the other side of love and family, the side without regret. The lengths I would go to, to keep those two things safe... I guess The Last of Us just resonated with me at the perfect time in my life, when I have some love and support, something to really lose, for what feels like the first time in a long time.

    We are in the process of family planning, and as I brace for the impact of fatherhood, as I eavesdrop on Joel and Ellie, I understand that my dad was just trying to keep me safe. He didn't want me to be a "starving artist." He looked at the world, how savage and unmerciful it could be, and he wanted to make sure I was ready. Not everyone has that. Not everyone has the luxury of being angry at a Father who cares. Both he and my Mom are dead now, she when I was 24, and he a little less than two years ago. This game, this absolute masterpiece, helped me grieve. Heal. More importantly, I discovered a tool that allows me to craft my own bandages and keep fighting.

    I want to make someone feel the way that Neil Druckman and Halley Gross just made me feel. Not just them, but everyone who worked on this beautiful, heartbreaking story. It takes so many talented people to create such an immersive experience, and I will be forever be grateful, and it deserves to be mentioned alongside other great works of fiction and fantasy, regardless of the medium that story is delivered through. Thank you, Naughty Dog.

    I'm going to keep pushing forward, keep writing, Infected be damned. I think good fiction, like a small Firefly, can beat back the darkness just a bit. May your survival be long. May your death be swift. Don't stop following the light.

    tl;dr The themes in this game hit me like a freight train to the chest, and helped me process things like my relationship with my father, what I suspect is some un-diagnosed PTSD, and my fear of "failing" as writer. It helped me accept that my present is full of love from a wife that I would fight hordes of Clickers for. Naughty Dog helped me fall head over heels for Fiction and Fantasy again. I love this story like no other.

    submitted by /u/cerebralspinaldruid
    [link] [comments]

    Tried my hand at drawing after 9 years.

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    I think I’m in love��❤️

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 03:36 PM PDT

    "If I ever were to lose you..."

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 11:20 AM PDT

    here's one of my favorite shot of ellie, i hope you like it

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 12:41 PM PDT

    nice shot of Jackson I took

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 02:03 PM PDT

    Dinosaur Art by Mark Englert

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:36 PM PDT

    Will this be the last of us 3 he said it wasn’t Ellie or her mom but he could have been lying

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 04:39 PM PDT

    Only ND can make IN-GAME FACIAL animations as good as in Cutscenes.. Just LOOK AT THIS...

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:24 AM PDT

    My Official Taylor Guitar Finally Arrived

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    I Made Some Lockscreens; Thought I’d Share ��

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 06:12 PM PDT

    Are there any interviews or articles out there about the dodge mechanic? It’s so cool how it looks so fluid in combat, no matter which direction you’re going.

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 06:10 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment