• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 12, 2020

    The Last of Us | how to beat grounded on permadeath

    The Last of Us | how to beat grounded on permadeath


    how to beat grounded on permadeath

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 08:50 AM PDT

    A familiar view... But captured on RDR2!

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    seems as if you won’t be able to cheat the new permadeath mode

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 07:33 PM PDT

    Came in the mail a couple days ago, finally got it framed! Thanks again u/Nefeli_ !!

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 07:01 PM PDT

    Better Living

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    "When you get to hell, tell 'em Ellie sent ya"

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 07:27 PM PDT

    I cosplayed Ellie when I was 14 years old, now I’m doing it again, but I’m 19 years old!

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 01:41 PM PDT

    Haven’t used photoshop for that long but I thought I’d try to recreate the Part 1 remaster cover

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    [SPOILERS] Just finished Part II. Thoroughly disappointed...

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 09:47 AM PDT

    at the fact that so many people hate this game. Disappointed that my favourite videogame critic, Angry Joe, whom I respect so much, hates the game. Most of all, disappointed at how most of the people who don't like the game, dislike it for very subjective reasons as opposed to objective ones.

    I. Love. This. Game.

    It is amazing, from start to finish. I literally only have one major flaw with the game. Gameplay, visuals, audio, music, presentation, story, writing, characters, all of it. Lovely. I am so happy I ignored all the hubbub surrounding the game and kept my mind and heart open to a story that ND wanted to tell.

    I found the themes of vengeance, right and wrong, self-reflection, empathy, guilt and consequences to be profound. The characters are well handled and well written. Characters maintain the very grey qualities that earned praise in the first game. The plot (and side plots) were interesting and expanded on the world. The environmental storytelling was fantastic. I'll say one thing though, the game's constant depressing and sorrowful tone and atmosphere coupled with the intense and suspense at every goddamn corner was threatening to pop my heart, I swear I was gonna die of a heart attack playing the game.

    I love Abby. Abby is amazing. Nuanced, layered, likeable, charming, tough and attractive. I completely understood where she was coming from and her journey and character arc was great. The characters surround her (and Ellie) are lovely as well. All of their relationships with each other felt so real and human.

    Joel's death was ballsy but it worked. It kicked off the plot well and gave weight to Ellie's journey. I also love that the events of Pt II is directly influenced by events of the first game. Makes the story in this game feel like a direct extension of the first, which to me makes a great sequel. Many of the story beats were touching and put Ellie in a position where I was against her actions, but I understood.

    That's the thing with this game. So many of the decisions that the characters made, I disagreed with. But goddamnit did I understand. I wouldn't call any of them or their decisions stupid. Because I fucking get it. I get it. And I'm so sorry.

    Gameplay is fucking phenomenal and intense as fuck. It took the core of the last game and improved and added to it. New enemy types presented new challenges. Stealth is insanely hard in this game. Enemy AI is brilliant. Melee is more than just spam square. There are RPG elements, weapon upgrades, new weapons. Scavenging feels so important because of how scarce resources are and how badly you need them. I love it all.

    My one issue is that Ellie lost a lot of her charm from the first game. It's not like they forgot how to do it, cause in flashback, all that charm is there. Still think her character arc is good though.

    It's late right now, I don't even really know what I'm saying about the game and I don't know what else to say. I love it. Such a shame that so many don't feel the same way. Gonna post some screenshots I took soon.

    Edit: it's no nice to see mostly civil discourse in here! Always happy to have differing opinions and discussions on them are always intriguing. Nothing but love from me to y'all.

    Edit 2: hey y'all. Just to clarify, I am not trying to discredit any negative opinions.

    Also, here's what I mean by objective opinions. it means to judge something fairly based on not only the merit of the thing you're criticizing, but also based on the creator's intent and without personal biases on prejudices in the form of what you want out of a piece of fiction or what you expected from it. But even then, that is warranted if your criticism is supported by properly constructed thoughts and not just spur of the moment emotions. It is go be neutral in your judgement.

    I apologize if I seemed rude or I offended you in some way. It was not my intention. If you dislike the game, that's great. Having different viewpoints is something we should all embrace.

    Edit 3: Shouldn't be calling it objective opinion. I think it's better to call it supported opinions, in that it is supported by constructed thoughts, not just "I don't like it cause it's not what I asked for/not what I wanted"

    Judge a game for what it is. Not what you expected it to be.

    Have a nice day!

    submitted by /u/DestrixGunnar
    [link] [comments]

    Update coming Thursday!

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 08:01 AM PDT

    Got Ellie's tattoo a few weeks ago

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 08:24 PM PDT

    If I ever see you again.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 03:55 AM PDT

    I turned The Last of Us theme song into a Retro Pop song :>

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 11:18 PM PDT

    My Joel fanart. Thought you all might enjoy it.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 08:38 AM PDT

    Like father, like daughter

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 03:57 PM PDT

    "I know what I have to do... but I don't know if I have the strength to do it."

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 08:41 AM PDT

    It makes sense now...

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 10:42 PM PDT

    Why Joel was so friendly towards Abby(which initally did seem a little out of character). In that final conversation that he has with Ellie, she basically forgives him or is in the act of eventually forgiving him. This in and of itself is like a lightning bolt of immense happiness for Joel. He immediately can't stop from crying tears of joy as he now knows that their relationship once again has a chance. He can be in Ellie's life again. He probably woke up the next day with such a spring in his step and just full of optimism. And of course this is the same day he meets a random girl who he doesnt know that needs help right away. Of course he would help her. Look at the chance the lord gave him again.

    submitted by /u/navitaggar
    [link] [comments]

    Gustavo Santaolalla's moving compositions to both games are absolute masterpieces. Couldn't imagine Part I or II without it.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 09:32 AM PDT

    HBO's The Last of Us series will include a "jaw drop" moment left out from the original game

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 10:07 AM PDT

    The people using Ghost of Tsushima to hate on The Last of Us 2 clearly didn't play GoT either

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 05:36 PM PDT

    It's actually kinda insane. Most of the stuff they claim to hate about TLOU2 is all there in GoT as well: the sexually diverse characters, the "cliche" revenge storylines, the long walk and talk sequences.

    To be clear, I'm not hating on Ghost of Tsushima, I'm really liking this game. I'm just impressed that they used one game they clearly didn't play to hate on another game they also clearly didn't play. The circlejerk is so strong with these people.

    submitted by /u/albmrbo
    [link] [comments]

    Dina's face is stunning, prettiest gal in the game imo

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 03:11 PM PDT

    Made some Ellie fanart, hope you guys enjoy it

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 02:38 PM PDT

    Details about Grounded from Anthony Newman

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 11:52 PM PDT

    He posted a thread on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BadData_/status/1293380890752507904.

    Let's just say Grounded mode in TLOU2 is way harder than in the first one.

    Here is the thread:

    "I'm pumped about this whole update, but I'm hyped most of all about Grounded. It's more than just a difficulty mode: there are so many little tweaks and adjustments that make it a really unique experience... here are a few:

    • Listen mode is disabled, which means all the upgrades to LM are removed. The upgrade trees are rearranged and rebalanced to account for this. There are fewer supplements and parts to find in the world, so you have to choose your upgrades very carefully
    • The droning sounds that play when someone can see you and the stinger when you've been spotted are disabled: you have to listen even more closely to your enemies to understand their mental state
    • Enemies are *much* more perceptive, and can even notice a stealth kill if you do it too close to someone else
    • Auto reloads are disabled so you have to be much more careful when switching weapons.
    • Hit ticks (the little x's on the reticle when your gunshot hits an enemy) are disabled: you have to carefully watch enemies to see if your shot landed or if you actually got that headshot
    • There are practically no mid-combat checkpoints, so the bigger fights are much more challenging... stay careful out there in Hillcrest, friend.

    Pretty hyped for everyone to get to experience this new way of playing the game when it drops Thursday... May your survival be long! "

    submitted by /u/olyalyaka
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILERS] The pillars

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 03:21 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment