• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 13, 2020

    The Last of Us | Ellie's Evolution by @iconicnephilim

    The Last of Us | Ellie's Evolution by @iconicnephilim


    Ellie's Evolution by @iconicnephilim

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 03:52 PM PDT

    Even on a regular PS4, the detail crammed in is amazing.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 08:18 AM PDT

    Other games just don’t feel the same now

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 11:30 PM PDT

    Ashley and Laura presumably excited for grounded and permadeath mode!

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 10:51 PM PDT

    Just realised that the Wolf in the 2018 Outbreak Day Poster represents Abby...

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 03:43 PM PDT

    Something that opened my eyes

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 08:06 PM PDT

    I made a post prior about empathy and the lack of it from many people that have played this game. One of the many reasons I came to this conclusion and one of the many reasons that my eyes were opened before playing the game and immediately after playing the game was the card I got with my box. I have a collectors edition of part two. I am not entirely sure if everyone has this little letter if you have an addition that isn't collectors or Ellie. I read this when I originally took it out of the box and I read it immediately after I finished the game and it lays out everything you need to know in this tiny little piece of writing with a cool piece of art. One of the last lines of the message is incredibly telling to what the entire game is about. I just think that it is kind of funny that I still felt so angry when playing it at first and it told me directly that this game was already going to do that to me. It was no secret that this game was going to be hard to get through narratively but I think it is very telling that it is laid out perfectly in a box and in a short message of what you will experience and have to deal with. I fucking love this game for one and I thank them for taking the effort and having the balls to do something highly unconventional with a video game that people have so dearly loved. This message reads and I quote...

    " What would you do if someone you loved was the victim of a cruel and violent act? How easily could one's mind tip toward violent retribution? How far would you go to bring the people responsible to justice? If you were successful, how would it change you? Would you ever be the same?

    With The Last of Us Part II, We set out to create an experience that explores these difficult questions, the darkest sides of human nature, and the vicious cycles of violence that we witnessed in the world around us on a daily basis. The result is a game crafted by hundreds of developers that pushed themselves to create some thing more than mere entertainment-a game that we're incredibly proud of and that we hope will enthrall you and challenge your own views of justice and empathy.

    On behalf of everyone at Naughty Dog, we want to thank you for embarking on this journey with us.

    Neil Druckmann | Director, The Last of Us Part II"

    submitted by /u/Batman599
    [link] [comments]

    snowball fight was so fun

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 02:52 PM PDT

    Ellie trying to figure out the "Hoarse" joke

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 04:50 PM PDT

    Whew, that was inten...WOAH!

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 05:28 PM PDT

    Sunlight ..

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 06:45 AM PDT

    Me using a short cut during rush hour traffic

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 05:58 PM PDT

    Quotes from Part 1 that are given new significance with Part 2

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 05:02 PM PDT

    I recently finished a Grounded playthrough of Part 1, and I was in the combat area right before you meet Sam and Henry when I did the optional conversation in front of those executed FEDRA soldiers. Here's the conversation in question

    Ellie: Well looks like we know it ended for this zone.

    Joel: Well, every battle's got a losing side.

    Ellie: What if they had families?

    Joel: Everyone has a family...best not to dwell on it.

    I mean JESUS. If that is not the exact impetus for the plot of the second game, I don't know what is. Anyway, I'm curious to know, what are some Part 1 quotes that hit a lot harder for you now that Part 2 is out?

    submitted by /u/Sinister_Blanket
    [link] [comments]

    She's burritoful!

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 10:50 PM PDT

    I would do it again...

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 09:34 PM PDT

    I decided to start playing around with photo mode on my second play

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 10:33 PM PDT

    When you’re lost in the darkness, look for the light

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 01:14 PM PDT

    Just a quick Abby edit after the Ellie one I did yesterday

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 11:35 AM PDT

    Used the ferns from Ellie’s tattoo, couldn’t be happier!

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 10:03 PM PDT

    been waiting for it all day

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 10:32 PM PDT

    Less than subtle symbolism in the animals at the museum

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 11:31 PM PDT

    Some thoughts on Part II now that it's been over a month I played it...

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 10:36 PM PDT

    My initial raw feeling throughout the game as I was playing it was just hurt. I was in pain, much like Ellie. Like A LOT of pain. Simultaneously, in real life, there was a lot of criticism from people about the story itself. The discourse revolved around "Does TLOU 2 have a good story?", and numerous people have weighed in on how they feel about the game. Very few people were indifferent about it. At that time I have had a very defensive reaction to all the criticisms about the story and it definitely affected my own experience of playing through the game.

    Now that I have had some time apart after finishing the game, I feel like this game has had a profound impact on me. Much like the first game, but in a very different way. And I must say a more intense way. I love both games so much and I love how they both leave you with completely different feelings. First one something akin to love and hope, second one to loss and Despair. As human beings, we obviously prefer love and hope rather than loss and despair. But those are also very important feelings and should not be neglected. And we are all bound to experience those things personally in our life.

    In closing, I just want to say I love and appreciate that this game was made. A huge thanks to Naughty Dog. They must have known the risks involved when they made this game with this story. And if at all possible, I would like to do it one last time with Ellie. I feel like I have grown with her as a person. She deserves to find a purpose, meaning and love in her life. And although that's not necessarily what might happen if her story does continue, I would like to find out and take on that journey.

    submitted by /u/-TheMiracle
    [link] [comments]

    Love the atmosphere in this game, she’s become a great swimmer - I would of drowned.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 05:48 PM PDT

    I am willing to begin a Grounded Permadeath (per chapter run) tomorrow. Godspeed to anyone brave enough to attempt a whole game Permadeath Grounded run let alone complete it!

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    I have a firefly pendant which my cat plays with all the time.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 06:33 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment