• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 11, 2020

    The Last of Us | Haven’t seen anyone talk about grounded mode yet?

    The Last of Us | Haven’t seen anyone talk about grounded mode yet?


    Haven’t seen anyone talk about grounded mode yet?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 09:52 AM PDT

    Someone told me to post my Clicker drawing here

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 01:27 PM PDT

    Two of my THE LAST OF US fan art! Joel and Ellie in different styles

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 05:18 PM PDT

    A painting of this scene that i really liked during my playthorugh.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 09:51 AM PDT

    No, Joel giving his name isn’t “bad writing.”

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 02:12 PM PDT

    Ok you've all probably seen this argument float around.

    "I'm not mad that Joel died. I'm mad at HOW he died. Joel would NEVER give his real name to a group of strangers. The real Joel would have said 'hello my name is Tacitus Kilgore.' This is bad writing."

    It boggles me how shallow this argument is, so I'd like to take a second to point out every reason (I can find) that this argument falls flat.

    1. Joel didn't give his name, Tommy did. Tommy told Abby their names when they were escaping the hoard. Why? Because when they met her, she was a just a girl by herself who they were trying to save. He needed her to trust them, and to feel safe with them, so he gave her their names. It's a very normal thing to do. It would have felt really weird if in the heat of the moment escaping zombies Tommy came up with some fake names for the two of them, and even weirder if Joel gave a different name to Abby when they were in their basement 10 minutes later.

    2. Sometimes, four years of off screen character development can change a person. Not only is it hinted through artifacts that people learn to be more trusting of others in Jackson, that's one of Joel's biggest arcs in the first game, where he learns to be a more trusting person after traveling with Ellie.

    3. Realistically, even if Joel didn't trust them at all, there would be no reason not to give his real name. Maybe it would in our world, but not in Joel's. What are they gonna do, look him up on Facebook? Does he think "oh I should give a fake name to everyone I meet on the 1/1000000 chance they came here looking for me?" Have we seen any character in TLOU do this? It just doesn't make sense that he would think that his first name would mean anything to them. It does, but I think that's the unfortunate exception. Even he seems surprised by it.

    Some people point out the scene where Ellie meets David in TLOU1 and David asks Ellie her name and she says "Why?" They'll say "see! Even Ellie knew not to give her real name!" Except... Ellie literally tells David her name later on. "Tell them that Ellie is the name of the little girl that broke your fucking finger." It's clear she doesn't tell him at first, not because she doesn't trust him, but because she doesn't like him, and she wants him to know that she doesn't like him. It's a "fuck you, I don't want to talk to you, stop trying," not a "better be safe and not give my first name for some reason even though it wouldn't make me any safer."

    I don't mind criticisms of the game, I really don't. But this one is just... so paper thin. It ignores all context and logic. And unfortunately it's the biggest piece of evidence used by people who jumped on the hate train.

    submitted by /u/ybenhayun
    [link] [comments]

    Perks of working at staples. Print your own posters for free.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 07:19 PM PDT

    So Lev's "cold" and all, but can we show some love for his absolute legend of a sister?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 11:51 PM PDT

    so, who’ll be bold/pro enough to finish TLOUPII with the Permadeath setting on first

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:30 AM PDT

    I'm playing tlou 2 for the first time, I decided to play it in Survival without HUD and listen mode. Its so intense.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 08:19 PM PDT

    Taught my dad how to play TLOU part 2 while he’s house sitting for me... he’s been keeping me updated

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 05:23 PM PDT

    I'd say this best describes all the review bombers and mindless haters out there...

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 11:39 AM PDT

    Wish you were here...

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 02:49 PM PDT

    "If I ever were to lose you, I'd surely lose myself" - Fan art

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    My rendition of ellies tattoo. A little homage with a personal twist. My favorite series game ever and helped me throughout a rough time with part 1. What do yall think?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 05:31 PM PDT

    On Ellie's fashion sense

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 07:53 AM PDT

    As a queer girl myself, I really love ND's take on the way Ellie dresses. She just wears whatever feels nice. She doesn't necessarily fit into any stereotype of lesbians like butch, or soft butch, or what have you. That's kind of how I dress in real life, and I just wanna say I feel this strong sense of affirmation from seeing the way Ellie presents herself, from the classic flannel, to unbuttoned overshirt in Seattle, to shorts at the farm. She doesn't really care how people view her aesthetically, she just wears whatever feels good. I find a lot of comfort in that. Makes me think the way I dress is actually fine, despite what my mom would tell me.

    EDIT: I also wanted to mention I love Dina's aesthetics. I think it's easy for people to see a lesbian couple and categorize them as the "girl" and the "guy," or whatever the fuck. Dina and Ellie are just themselves. Dina isn't designed as more femme to accommodate Ellie's tendency towards a more masculine presentation. They just kind of wear whatever feels good and is practical.

    submitted by /u/stuartandjeremy
    [link] [comments]

    I still can’t believe it’s all over

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 06:53 PM PDT

    Even if there is a part three were still 4-6 (?) years away from getting it. Does anybody still feel like something is missing? It's hard to put in words. Part two was everything I wanted. It satisfied by massive craving for this game I've had since Dec 2016. I don't think about it nearly as much as I did before it was released but I'm just amazed that's it's all over. I think about it in a different way now. I want more but I also am not emotionally ready to want more LOU right now. At the same time, I can't think of anything I've looked forward to more and for so long then this game.

    I recently finished it for the second time so maybe that's why I have these conflicted feelings. Life goes on. I still have a career. I still have a relationship but it's weird not to have that almost like secret obsession with Part two.

    I never thought they were going to make a sequel. Really I was truly surprised that they made a follow up. Maybe because I was young and naive at the time. ND and Sony are a business. It would be dumb to not follow up such a massive success. LOU sold hundreds of thousands of PS4s on its own literally right before they release PS5. I feel the same way I did 7 years ago. With the ending of Part Two, how in the hell are they going to follow that up?

    I know many of you feel the way I do. Just wanted to share. If you have any follow up please share!

    submitted by /u/dutch1sa
    [link] [comments]

    Enter Sandman

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:20 AM PDT

    The Cycle of violence

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 08:13 AM PDT

    Cinematography at its finest (I’m proud on how this pic came out)

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 11:05 PM PDT

    Finally. The perfect mask for the perfect time. May your death be swift.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 07:43 PM PDT

    This look said so much

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 06:46 AM PDT

    Are they just dumb or sexist? Or both?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 02:02 PM PDT

    The people who hate Abby simply because of what she did to Joel make no sense. They always rant about how buff she is but are they forgetting the fucking Seraphite BRUTES?? How the fuck do THEY exist? Don't complain about Abby being buff if you don't complain about the brutes cause those fuckers can take a shotgun shot to the head at point blank and not die.

    Also...the WLF HQ is literally like a gold mine. They have legit gym equipment and a fuck ton of food...add that to the fact that some women are just naturally buff, you get Abby

    submitted by /u/frnchtst
    [link] [comments]

    Can't Get Enough Of This Beautiful Game!

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 11:31 AM PDT

    When was grounded mode added

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:13 AM PDT

    Ellie in sunlight. caught some streaks across her hair. I love the warm colours in (some parts of) this chapter, what chapter's colours did you guys like the most?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment