• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 4, 2020

    The Last of Us | Y’all, let’s show Laura some love. This is vile.

    The Last of Us | Y’all, let’s show Laura some love. This is vile.


    Y’all, let’s show Laura some love. This is vile.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 03:31 PM PDT

    Let's get a Laura Bailey/Abby appreciation thread started here to counteract the death threats.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 04:08 PM PDT

    Laura Bailey, the incredible VO for Abby, has received countless death threats against her and even baby Ronin. Now I could go into how stunning in the worst possible way this is considering the entire message and point of the game but I digress. I just want to get a thread of positivity messages about the incredible work Laura did and, for those who do like her character, Abby too. (I understand a number do not like Abby and if you don't, just focus on Laura!) I'll start with a small moment.

    One of my favorite sections was the slow climb up to the bridge and walking across it with Lev. Abby's pure and utter fear was incredibly well performed and also kinda hilarious at times. When Lev asks her about it being awkward between her and Owen and she goes "LEV! REALLY RIGHT NOW?!" I think that was the moment I really felt the click with her.

    submitted by /u/Credar
    [link] [comments]

    Ellie getting on today's tech

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 05:13 AM PDT

    And therein ends the "paid reviews" argument.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 11:56 AM PDT

    Woah, the blood seeps into the gaps between the tiles.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 11:22 AM PDT

    A lot of comments on my previous post suggested I draw Dina. Say no more. Charcoal on A4 textured paper.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 07:05 AM PDT

    Found this on r/tinder and it feels like a conversation between Mel and Owen

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 10:30 AM PDT

    It’s called a burrito

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 05:42 PM PDT

    Everyone who considered Joel "stupid for saying his name" seems to have forgotten this moment.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 10:22 AM PDT

    Naughty Dog did it. They actually fucking did it.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 04:09 PM PDT

    They made me like Abby. A lot.

    As someone who didn't read the spoilers, the first time I played as Abby I was surprised and confused. Who the fuck was this random person? And then she brutally killed Joel and all I could think about regarding her was why tf would ND make us temporarily play as the person who had just killed him?

    And then we stepped into her shoes again, once again surprising me that we had to play as her. I was angry; I wanted to go back to playing as Ellie. I even stopped playing the game for a day after that because I just didn't want to continue, and Abby was unappealing to me. She killed such a beloved character, one of my favorites and the gaming community.

    But I pressed on. Because I have faith in ND. They have never let me down. During the beginning of playing as Abby, I spent a bit of time missing Ellie, and playing as her. I didn't care about her flashbacks. The Last of Us 2 felt more of a chore than an actual game.

    But I pressed on, and I'm so glad I did. Abby warmed up to me. It was a slow start, but I began to like her because she had a lot of strengths and weaknesses, she was funny, and relatable. She felt real. I love Ellie but I can't say I've ever went on a murdering spree for vengeance. I love characters who are vengeful, and yet I was drawn to the character who just cared for the wellbeing of her friend and was willing to go against her superior to do it.

    The moment when I really liked her was when Lev asked her if she wanted to ask him why the Seraphites called him Lily, and Abby asked him if he wanted her to ask. Wow, that was a powerful moment; she respected him and was kind and thoughtful in that response. She was human.

    Bravo, Naughty Dog. Now, time to change my avatar. I still love Ellie, but I honestly liked her more in the first game.

    submitted by /u/Ashehn
    [link] [comments]

    Screenwriter here - I feel Like I want to weigh in on all this "bad writing" stuff.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 11:40 AM PDT

    Edit: it's 3am here, I'll get back to you guys tomorrow if you have questions..

    Now, I am not for a second claiming to be the best writer in the world, or even a great writer, you have not heard of me, I can guarantee that. I am currently working on something that some of you might end up watching, but that's beside the point.

    I have studied the craft of writing for over fifteen years, and honestly I'm dismayed to see the writing in The Last of Us part 2 being labeled as "bad".

    When we talk about bad writing, we talk about stilted dialogue, shoddy exposition, unbelievable characters - y'know, the usual things that crop up in bad movies, low budget horrors, B-movies, made for TV movies and the like.

    Sometimes, a big tentpole movie has very bad dialogue, it happens, sure, like occasionally, in a big AAA movie there will be some cringe lines or whatever, but for the most part things are generally OK, I think and more often than not, if it's made it to the big screen, chances are its been vetted a bunch and the quality is up to scratch.

    The Last of Us Part 2 generally has good, to very good writing. Good writing bolstered by great performances. The writing is funny, heartfelt and natural. The character motivations are good, the relationships are deep and well thought out, the character arcs are interesting, if a little ambiguous in certain cases, it's thematically deep and has a message. On the whole, there's more going on here than in most movies and TV shows. Let alone videogames.

    The writing is not at fault here. the pacing might be (a directing issue) or the gameplay might be (a design issue) but the writing? No, that's on point.

    If you have quarrels with the story, that's fine - I have issues with some of the finest films ever made. It doesn't stop them being cinematic marvels. Just as you disliking some choices this game makes won't make it any less great.

    Just don't distil it down to "bad writing". It's really not as simple as that.

    submitted by /u/crumble-bee
    [link] [comments]

    Don’t see enough people talking about the phenomenal sound design. Music is lovely as well.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 05:28 PM PDT

    Clicker screeches are horrifying. The feeling of dread is in every enemy encounter but it's really prevalent with the infected.

    I was playing a stealth encounter earlier and my aim was a bit off. I shot an npc right in the neck and instead of instantly reloading my save, I waited. The sound of someone choking on their own blood while clutching their neck is horribly satisfying in this game.

    Music was as great as the first game's. I listened to it for hours yesterday.

    submitted by /u/Theripper331
    [link] [comments]

    My new favorite thing in The Last of Us 2. If you try and heal while burning alive, your character continues to apply the bandages!

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 05:45 PM PDT

    “My friends’ problems are my problems.” Jesse was a real one from start to finish.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 10:50 AM PDT

    [OC] Ellie is a tough girl

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 05:05 PM PDT

    Laura Bailey, the voice of Abby, has received numerous death threats against her and her infant son for voicing Abby

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 03:07 PM PDT

    Ellie Fanart (Gonna do Dina next)

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 07:30 AM PDT

    Still amazed at the little things you can do in the game...

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 08:57 PM PDT

    what a beautiful game. too many emotions 10/10

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 10:35 PM PDT

    Laura Bailey Death Threats are Absolutely Disgusting

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 10:04 PM PDT

    It's just unbelievable that some people are willing to threaten Laura Bailey, the voice of Abby (and a fantastic voice actress), over something that happens in a video game

    Yes, that's right, people are threatening the lives of Laura Bailey and her child. A child.

    Over a piece of fiction.

    Absolutely discussing behavior.

    submitted by /u/MoistMaster_2577
    [link] [comments]

    Seeing everyone's awesome artwork inspired me to do my own version of a clicker. Hope you guys like it

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 10:25 AM PDT

    [SPOILERS] Having played Part 2 twice and the first one countless more times, I can firmly say I believe this is the most powerful scene out of both games.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 06:46 PM PDT

    My girlfriend fell so in love with these two games that she bought this decal for her car!

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 04:01 PM PDT

    Was deeply moved by TLOU2. Decided to draw a clicker while a processed WTF just happened.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 12:13 PM PDT

    Added these guys to my collection today - the clicker is my favourite

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 11:10 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment