• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 23, 2020

    The Last of Us | This was on my Dad Joke calendar for today

    The Last of Us | This was on my Dad Joke calendar for today


    This was on my Dad Joke calendar for today

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 01:08 PM PDT

    If anyone wanted this as a wallpaper but hated the ''PRESS ANY BUTTON'' here you go.

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 02:28 PM PDT

    Our kiddo’s smiling

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 11:09 AM PDT

    My dog's reaction to Clicker noises.

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 01:22 PM PDT

    The Last of Us Part II is a misunderstood masterpiece

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 02:49 PM PDT

    It's so heartbreaking to see the hate that this games receives from angry fans who never gave the game a chance because of either the leaks or the fact that they couldn't look past the fact that Joel dies early on, completely robbing them of the harrowing yet fantastic experience that is this game. The game broke me in so many different ways, but it was also a beam of laughter and joy; it had many memorable happy moments that made my heart warm but the dark moments made me feel numb and left me in shock; it wasn't until after when I reflected on them that it really hit me how tragic and depressing the game was at times.

    Playing The Last of Us II was an experience that I've never had before in gaming. I started happy and slowly spiralled into a broken emotional state which was very reflective of Ellie and Abby, and I think this was a purposeful decision made by Naughty Dog. The game starts with a very happy and almost nostalgic atmosphere which is parallel to Ellie's state of mind at that current time; she's beginning to want to go on the path of forgiveness for Joel and is starting to put all the baggage of the lie behind her. She's finally starting to be happy again.

    However, the game obviously takes a drastic and tragic turn where Joel dies and this obviously plays a huge role in setting the tone of the game but it's not until later when things start snowballing and that's what made the game so great for me. The game is not defined by Joel's death. Many people will say that Joel dying early on to a stranger at the time is "disrespectful" and goes against Joel, but I think it's hardly so. The game is still largely about Joel. He plays a massive role that I think gets overlooked. Everything Ellie is doing is for him, everything she is feeling is for him, everything started because of what happened to him. The story is so effortlessly told in such a wonderful way through the use of the flashbacks which are a clever way of still maintaining the bond between Joel and Ellie which is what made the first game such a success.

    A large reason why the game was so misunderstood was obviously because of Joel's early death but also the fact that the game makes you play as Abby. Many people interpreted this as them trying to make you like Abby but I don't think that's why they made the decision of having to play as her. I think the game was trying to point out the similarities between her and Ellie; the parallels. It was an attempt to not make you feel sympathy for her but empathy. An effort to see how Ellie's story relates to Abby's. They both lost a fatherly figure in their life and won't get peace until the person responsible gets punishment. Not only that but they both left a safe community where the sense of society has seemingly been rebuilt (Jackson for Ellie, the stadium for Abby) and they both experience loss of people completely innocent and irrelevant to the reason it all began in the first place who only got involved to protect them.

    I also think that there's a lot of anger from Joel's death that has wrongly been misplaced on the writers instead of Abby which only leads to toxicity and unnecessary hate on the game which is what's led to the mass backlash and review bombing. I've also seen a lot of people say things like "this shouldn't have happened to Joel, it should have happened to someone else and the game could be Joel and Ellie trying to avenge their death" and people who say this fail to see that this is probably what Ellie was thinking too. She is absolutely broken and in shock that this happened to Joel and she probably wishes on some level that it happened to someone else instead. Whilst taking this route would've been a much safer choice, I'm glad they didn't as they took a risk that despite the backlash, in my opinion, paid off as the quality and complexity of emotion in the story was absolutely stellar and has made this one of my favourite games of all time.

    Also a clarification, disliking the game for valid reasons is completely okay. Not everyone will agree with my opinion and I don't expect them to. My post was only directed at people who refuse to give the game a chance or review bomb it solely because of the fact that Joel dies or any other petty reason. I in no way was trying to be condescending by trying to dismiss anyone who didn't enjoy the game by saying they "didn't understand it".

    submitted by /u/DemonicDylan
    [link] [comments]

    Just earned the platinum, couldn’t be happier with how this game turned out. 10/10

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 12:48 AM PDT

    Bloater running at me like... ��

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 10:13 PM PDT

    AMAZING art by Alice X. Zhang who also did the official cover of the steelbooks

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 03:01 PM PDT

    Unused Concept Art for TLOU Part I. Does anyone think this is the original Rat King?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 12:04 AM PDT

    Take on me OC

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 11:04 AM PDT

    Here are over 600 4K screenshots from The Last of Us: Part II (SPOILERS)

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 08:27 PM PDT

    TIL that you can lift toilet seats in TLOU2, thank you ND

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 11:33 PM PDT

    lil drawing of Ellie :)

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 11:59 PM PDT

    I painted Lev!! One of my favorite characters

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 04:38 PM PDT

    This finally came in the mail today.

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    The Last of Us 2 is the greatest video game I have ever played and I never want to play it again.

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 12:11 AM PDT

    Does anyone else feel this way? The storytelling is just so mature in that it takes risks and dares to reach the heights of films of substance. Like many of the greatest novels and films, this game's plot is really not that intricate or complex, but rather it is the subtle characterization and dialogue that are emphasized. There's a perfect symphony of exhaustively intense gameplay that supports an emotionally intense narrative.

    The Last of Us 2 is a masterpiece, the finest narrative-focused video game in existence. Red Dead Redemption 2 is a close second, but even that doesn't hold a handle to the tight and mature narrative of The Last of Us 2. It was so convincing and exhausting in its emotional maturity that I can't bring myself to play through it again.

    The Last of Us 2 was an incredible experience that was not fun in the sense that video games typically strive to be. Instead, it captivated me and left me a lot to think about. I eagerly await the next video game that strives to become art, and not just entertainment.

    submitted by /u/BoyWithLongHair
    [link] [comments]

    Naughty Dog is arguably one of the top developers across all platforms in terms of quality and lack of bugs. So it’s always fun to find these little things. Baked in reflection of the character model just wont go away... no dig at ND, it’s just nice to see they are human.

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 01:50 PM PDT

    love this.

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 05:10 PM PDT

    As requested, main menu pre ending without ''PRESS ANY BUTTON''.

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 11:02 PM PDT

    Me: There’s a special place in Hell for anyone that harms a dog. Also me:

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 06:35 PM PDT

    Finally finished. Heartbroken. Blown away. (spoilers)

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 02:38 PM PDT

    What an amazing game. I avoided this sub like a fungal brain virus because I was taking my time with the game. I have never played a game where I actively avoided doing things necessary to progress the story. When the prompts came up to strike Nora, Abby (as Ellie) and Ellie (as Abby) I often waited. I waited, hoping another prompt would come up and it would give me another option.

    Ellie's downward spiral was so brutally difficult to watch and it hurt so much as Jesse died and then hurt even more as you built your relationship with Abby and Owen, knowing how it would end. The story dynamic was something I've never seen before (if there are other games that develop the plot like this, please let me know).

    The final reveal of Ellie and Joel taking steps to mend their relationship knowing that they never get to watch that movie makes the story that much more heart wrenching. I don't know where I rank this game (interactive mini series?), and separating it from the first feels like you're leaving both stories incomplete. This series, and wherever it goes, has a special place in my heart and I can't wait to see what's next.

    Quick edit to add: I am so happy Dina got out and, presumably, back to Jackson. I hope she and Ellie are able to make something work out, and I think Ellie letting Abby live will let that happen. But now, in Ellie's unhealthy vengeance tour, she needed to get out.

    submitted by /u/Capn_max
    [link] [comments]

    TLOU2 Ellie Cosplay by dabbucosplay on IG

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 03:11 AM PDT

    What an unforgettable gaming experience. Let's give our thanks to ND, masters of their craft!

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 02:03 PM PDT

    TLOU2 had a lot of emotional moments but this will forever be the scene that makes me tear up the most. So beautifully done.

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 07:47 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment