• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 22, 2020

    The Last of Us | @Nina Tarasovičová

    The Last of Us | @Nina Tarasovičová


    @Nina Tarasovičová

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 10:56 AM PDT

    Digital drawing by me, Dina- from TheLastOfUs Part II

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 04:51 PM PDT

    Fanart I did of Abby breaking stalkers.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 04:49 PM PDT

    Joel's phrasing.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 07:06 PM PDT

    I find it odd that people in their criticism of Joel's characterization use the point that Joel doesn't express in extraordinary detail his choices to Ellie, but that wouldn't be in Joel's character.

    When Ellie asks Joel to stop lying to her, hes very blunt and direct about the truth. ''Making a vaccine would have killed you, so I stopped them''. Joel doesn't feel like he needs to explain the philosophical reason for his choices, because its irrelevant to him. All he cared about was saving her, and if a vaccine would have worked or not is not his concern in the slightest.

    Same for the ending, instead of telling Ellie that he loves her and he thinks of her as his daughter and he values her life above all else in the world hes simple and doesn't betray much emotion in his words, because his actions are louder than anything he could say ''I would do it all over again'' is enough to get his point across.

    Joel is a man of few words and his actions speak for him, Joel in my eyes is very much the same character that he was in the first game, the little changes he does have are due to Ellie's influence and its not hard to see.

    submitted by /u/Sofargonept2
    [link] [comments]

    Wow, really? I never knew!

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 11:46 AM PDT

    How THE LIE was handled in part two

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 05:06 PM PDT

    Masterfully written. Most sequels to video games, movies, books that I have experienced do not handle a "cliffhanger" to the original this well. Think about it. So much happens in Part Two. Twists and turns. Joel dies in the beginning. Dina is pregnant. You play as Abby. Abbys dad is killed by Joel. Abby becomes a Joel like figure to Lev. Dina and Ellie try to raise a child. Fireflies still exists. Ellie let's Abby live. Dina leaves Ellie because this revenge quest consumes her. So many amazing moments in this game but the ending of part one ends up having such a HUGE impact of the game (especially by the last cut scene in part two). All of these things happen because of the ending hospital scene and the "OK" moment. But we find these out in such amazing ways throughout the game. The pacing is on point which helps.

    It's such a natural progression as to what would have really happened in real life. So brilliantly done.

    So what I thought was going to happen is that on Part two at some point Ellie would have ran into a firefly or heard about what Joel did from somebody else. I never thought this would be a big portion of the game. Something simple along those lines of that makes sense (guess it's why I'm not a writer). But what happened with it had so much more depth.

    I'm rambling. My point is the lie is what caused Ellie to stay at arms length with Joel for almost two years. The lie and finally being able to forgive Joel the night before he dies is what truly drove Ellie because she couldn't repair their relationship. That was stripped away from him when Abby killed Joel. There are so many deep layers as to how the lie (secretly in the background of the full game) was at the forefront the entire time.

    I know people have brought this up in comments but I don't think I've seen any exact posts about how well the ending to part one was handled in part two. I wish there were more developers like ND around. Masterful storytelling with amazing gameplay. Incredible experience I'll never forget.

    Please, if someone can explain what I tried to just now in a more coherent way...share it!

    submitted by /u/dutch1sa
    [link] [comments]

    has everyone who's finished a playthrough made sure to give this a thumbs up on Google? it takes two seconds!

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 06:58 PM PDT

    This scene ripped my heart

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 03:04 PM PDT

    "I'm gonna find and I'm gonna kill every last one of them."

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 11:20 AM PDT

    Taking my time in Joel’s house on my second playthrough and found this...

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 11:17 AM PDT

    "Close your eyes. It'll be worth it"

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 04:46 PM PDT

    “Joel sculpting a horse” fanart by Sara (@thelastoffucks) on twitter

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 06:46 PM PDT

    A lil drawing for Ellie :).

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 10:06 AM PDT

    Ordered a Firefly pendant off of Etsy, and it finally came today

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 05:04 PM PDT

    No one wins: Joel's thoughts on vengeance

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 07:36 PM PDT

    >!So, there's been a lot of discussion lately of whether Ellie is "becoming Joel" and whether her vengeful spirit in Part II is a reflection of the worst aspects of his personality. And, while I see that as valid with regard to how violent and relentless she becomes, I disagree that the specific quality of vengeance can be traced back to Joel.

    I've pointed out in other threads that Joel's violence and even torture in-game is always cold and calculated, rather than emotional. I've only ever had circumstantial evidence, though - the game never sends him on a vengeance quest or shows him reject one, and to the best of my recollection, he'd never even talked about revenge specifically.

    That changed on my recent replay. It's a blink-and-you-missed-it moment, but Joel does give his opinion on vengeance, and it's not positive.

    In Pittsburgh, you find a note on the upper level of the coffee shop alerting you to a stash house marked with a red X, which you've already passed. If you go back, you can open the door with a shiv and loot a couple of rooms that belonged to a Pittsburgh anti-government militia. There, you find a note from Eva, a woman who joined the militia after her son was murdered by FEDRA, talking about how nothing matters anymore and she'll be dead soon, but at least she can take some feds down with her.

    Joel grunts to himself and mutters "Well, with that kind of thinking, no one wins," and then he goes about his day. It's a little throwaway line, but it's not irrelevant, considering that he's been in the exact same position this mother was in. It's the closest we get to Joel weighing in on the question of revenge.

    Ellie isn't with him when he finds the note, at least in my play through. She waits for him at the coffee shop. I really wish she'd tagged along on that little side trip.!<

    submitted by /u/BrennanSpeaks
    [link] [comments]

    [Spoilers] One of the things that made me most sad...

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 11:30 AM PDT

    As a guitarist is her losing her left fingers and not being able to play at the end...that really made me tear up. I know she can switch hands and learn to play the frets with her right hand, but in that moment with Dina gone it just really hit me hard.

    submitted by /u/ertuu85
    [link] [comments]

    The Last of Us Part II is already the 4th highest grossing PS4 exclusive in US!

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 06:36 PM PDT

    Discovered my new favorite way to kill enemies on my second playthrough!

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 12:03 AM PDT

    ��“Tell you what, when we get back to Jackson, movie night.”��

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    Unpopular opinion: I want a button to put my gun away

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    Hey... So... Uhm... I'm a bit OCD and I'd really love some sort of double tap option to holster your gun. Like an option in the accessibility thingy.

    Honestly though, I know it's not that important, but it would add to the immersion so who is with me?

    submitted by /u/Mrs_Puffington
    [link] [comments]

    Some of the lines Ellie sings in the 2016 Reveal Trailer sure hit different now.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 05:17 PM PDT

    is ellie okay?

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 06:35 PM PDT

    Love this game, man. Here’s a portrait I made.

    Posted: 21 Jul 2020 07:35 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment