• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 16, 2020

    The Last of Us | I'll never be able to do this again

    The Last of Us | I'll never be able to do this again


    I'll never be able to do this again

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 01:57 PM PDT

    So I added this to my guitar earlier today..

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 09:43 AM PDT

    Hey I made another poster series for TLOU2. I really wanted to push the silhouette style while staying true to the original series I did back in 2013. Hope you guys like them!

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 01:34 AM PDT

    Finished setting up a workstation in the basement and got a sudden urge to field-strip a handgun. Ok, the only thing I added on purpose was the powerbar.

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 02:18 PM PDT

    Tommy's TLoU3 character design leaked

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 09:31 AM PDT

    "Hi, Nora." - The Last of Us 2 Ellie cosplay by Ri Care

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 12:03 PM PDT

    "Saved you $60" somebody smugly said to me a few months ago after spoiling the game. No, you did not and if the lord somehow gave me a second chance I would do it all again.

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 04:02 AM PDT

    Creatively sadistic

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 07:16 PM PDT

    If Part II was a novel

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    The Last of Us Part II's Ending Changed My Life [SPOILERS]

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 08:54 PM PDT

    (tw: suicide)

    Yeah I know the title sounds hyperbolic as hell and you probably aren't convinced, but it is true; at least at a personal level.

    Quick background here, my mother committed suicide back a few years back, around when I was 14 or 15. She was a pretty heavy alcoholic, so there were numerous times throughout my childhood where I was scared out of my fucking mind, not to mention as a kid I had no idea who to talk to: all I knew was that I had to keep what was happening at home a secret (I wasn't explicitly told this, I just felt compelled not to pile onto my parent's problems).

    Fast forward to a few years back when I was in my teens, and it had reached a tipping point, to the point where I knew she was drunk, yet was actively afraid to say anything as whenever I would call her out she'd resort to tactics like emotional manipulation and guilt-tripping, which broke me. Something bad happened, and I finally said enough is enough. Our last proper interactions were actually quite similar to Ellie and Joel's interaction in the barn scene at the end of the game.

    She later took her own life, and long story short, I resented her for it. Hell, I hated her for it. Not to mention I hated myself for partially being responsible for the way things turned out.

    By the time Part II came out, I was excited. I knew that the game was going to be dark and depressing, but I welcomed it, as I knew ND had a story that they wanted to tell, and that there was a reason it was being told. Funnily enough, I actually bought the first game (finally) on the anniversary of her death too. It quickly became my favourite game of all time, and this is coming from a guy who before had a clear "I have no favorites" stance: it was that good (as you all know ofc).

    I went into Part II knowing Joel's fate, but never expected the game to go as in-depth with loss and grief as it did. I definitely wouldn't say I had PTSD like Ellie, but a lot her tone, mannerisms and dialogue felt true to someone who was still reeling from the immediate loss of a parent; it felt real, and I have to congratulate the writers and ND for doing it justice. The journal especially was groundbreaking with how it gave a much more accurate depiction to Ellie's mental decline.

    At the time I still resented my mother for what she did, albeit not as much. I had kinda gotten to the stage where I was still pissed at her but accepted that I wouldn't change a thing that happened, as I can't help but feel my life and mental well-being has flourished since then (it hurts to say but it's true for me).

    Part II's story hit me hard, going through it the first time I was skeptical about everything with Abby and how she played into things, but when I saw the boat washed up at the shore at the very end everything kinda clicked. But there was still something missing I felt...

    Then the porch scene started. As you all know it starts off fairly normal, but then Ellie finally lets it out that he basically upended her life, and she resents the hell out of him for it. That line hit me as a fan, but the line that really resonated with me as a person was,

    "I don't think I can ever forgive you for that... but I'd like to try".

    "Ho-ly shit" I thought. It probably didn't have the same resonance for a lot of you, but from someone who had been basically given the alternatives of either keep resenting her or completely forgive her, something as simple as acknowledging that "Hey, I don't think I can forgive you for what you did, but know I'm still open to change my mind" was so powerful, it literally changed the way I viewed everything. I wish I got my own porch scene, but alas... t'was not meant to be.

    I guess this is also why I get so annoyed when people say that the game's ending is weak because Ellie just "randomly decides not to kill Abby". NO, it is about Ellie remembering the power of solace and forgiveness, and remembering that she doesn't have to necessarily forgive Abby for what she's done, but if she at least finds solace in what she has now then she'll have a better life than one where she repeats the sins of the proverbial father. The true tragedy of the ending comes from the fact that Ellie realizes this fact too late, which is the whole message of the game: seek forgiveness and solace, not hate and revenge. It's truly a life-changing feeling, and is why the game's ending is so impactful: Ellie changed her life, and is truly a changed person - as am I.

    So that's my story and take on the game and how one simple line changed my life - from someone who still felt resentment and bitterness to someone who can at least now say that he's found solace in the fact that what's happened, happened, and that forgiving those who've done terrible shit to us soothes the soul like nothing else.

    TL/DR: Ellie's line about forgiving Joel despite being hesitant about it resonated hugely with my own experiences, and I can't help but think that it finally gave me the solace I had been hoping for.

    submitted by /u/mitchob1012
    [link] [comments]

    Neil Druckmann Explains The Ending of TLOU2

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 10:50 PM PDT

    A Story in Three Acts

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 01:36 PM PDT

    I recreated the box art of the first game in my art style! I plan on doing the same for LB, TLOUR and Part II

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 01:20 PM PDT

    Reviewing The Last Of Us Part II | Girlfriend Reviews

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 08:21 AM PDT

    My Ellie portrait. Criticism is appreciated!!

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 09:39 AM PDT

    Yes Dina...I know what I'm doing, I've been gaming for 24 years. Leave me alone!!

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 02:53 PM PDT

    I just couldn't help thinking that how awful the characters must've felt

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 03:28 PM PDT

    Running around with wet shoes. It must have been horrible.

    submitted by /u/yowsick
    [link] [comments]

    anyone knows what scene this photo is from?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 02:44 PM PDT

    Ever since the release of The Last of Us in 2013, I’ve been moved by the music of composer Gustavo Santaolalla. His melodies are moving to me, even at their simplest. I find this piece to be particularly special to me, and similar in ways to “The Choice” from the original game. I hope you enjoy!

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 01:01 PM PDT

    Playing the game, when suddenly.

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 06:41 PM PDT

    Scared the hell out of me

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 06:22 PM PDT

    My Collectors Edition finally came in the mail!!

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 03:35 PM PDT

    So my photomode glitched.....

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 04:06 PM PDT

    Someone told me they were disappointed in the last of us part II solely because Ellie was a lesbian, and it hurt.

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 06:12 AM PDT

    It hurt me because I'm a lesbian myself. I know there are homophobes everywhere, but hearing someone first hand say that they are disgusted by the fact that they are forcing a queer couple down our throats and not being able to identify yourself with Ellie without thinking twice about playing a muscular hetero man protagonist in half every other game (this person I was talking to is a young feminine woman) just makes me sad... So yeah, thanks ND for the representation. Fuck people who dislike the game for this reason only.

    submitted by /u/Fire_nze
    [link] [comments]

    Release Ashley Johnson's cover songs, please !!

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 05:56 PM PDT

    I really loved her renditions of all the songs in the trailers that have been released. This is wishing to get them released as an album.

    submitted by /u/kalyan-kumar
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment