• Breaking News

    Monday, July 20, 2020

    The Last of Us | I got my first PS4 Pro (I'm new to PlayStation ecosystem) The Last of Us 2 Edition and couldn't be happier! I'm loving the sequel so much thus far.

    The Last of Us | I got my first PS4 Pro (I'm new to PlayStation ecosystem) The Last of Us 2 Edition and couldn't be happier! I'm loving the sequel so much thus far.


    I got my first PS4 Pro (I'm new to PlayStation ecosystem) The Last of Us 2 Edition and couldn't be happier! I'm loving the sequel so much thus far.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 11:44 AM PDT

    Everybody tearing each other apart over this game, meanwhile I'm just here like "ouh, bloody footprints!"

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 05:23 AM PDT

    If only they realize...

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 11:34 AM PDT

    Close your eyes...it will be worth it.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 02:00 PM PDT

    To fill the void after beating TLOU2, I decided to recreate the trading cards. :) I will be giving away one deck for free when I get them printed!

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 08:25 PM PDT

    Thank you...

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 03:21 PM PDT

    Thank you naughtydog for an awesome experience in The Last of Us 2.

    I beat it last night and I'm still shaken up. The cost of everything.

    If you 'watched' this game and didn't play it. You didn't get the full experience. When it's 'you' pressing the buttons, the full weight of the game hits.

    Thank you again.

    submitted by /u/Phylord
    [link] [comments]

    images that precede unfortunate events

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 11:49 AM PDT

    Saw this in another group and that it belonged here

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 12:05 PM PDT

    When I see someone hate on the game who hasn’t even played it yet.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    Started a new art piece so far, based on Ellie. I’m wondering where to take it from here. Do I add other characters and do a poster type piece, keep it solely focused on Ellie? Let me know what you guys think!

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    The horror aspect of the game

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 03:54 PM PDT

    The first game wasn't that scary although it had its moments (I still have ptsd from the hotel basement part, and the showdown with David was very tense)

    However, I found myself pausing part 2 every once in a while because my heart was pounding in my throat. Some examples:

    • when those ex WLFs jumped me at the workbench. I had to check every corner around the next workbenches because of that.

    • the first encounter with stalkers when one runs across the door as you turn around. Hands down the worst kind of infected.

    • speaking of those fckers, no matter how many times it happened, it always caught me off guard when they detached from the walls.

    • the whole hospital ground zero chapter was a mess

    What was the scariest moment in the game for you?

    submitted by /u/twopac99
    [link] [comments]

    Played part one and two with my gf and she loved it so much she drew a clicker. I thought I'd share since she was really proud. Hope you like it

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 10:07 AM PDT

    [SPOILERS] This game is everything I love about gaming.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 03:42 PM PDT

    What a phenomenal journey.

    To anyone that has issues with the game I highly recommend stepping back and accepting that this is the story intended.

    Abby is potentially one of the best protagonists I've ever come across in a game, I couldn't wait to kill her when you hunt her as Ellie.

    But to go on her journey and end up wanting to spare her is amazing writing.

    Bravo Naughty dog. Bravo.

    submitted by /u/darthmeister
    [link] [comments]

    Joel smiling

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 12:52 PM PDT

    My drawing of Ellie - Drawn in Procreate on iPad Pro (Timelapse in comments!)

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 05:36 AM PDT

    Ooof too soon

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 08:50 PM PDT

    Kobe tribute? Those numbers and colors can’t be a coincidence

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 07:36 AM PDT

    What a perfect way to earn my first ever platinum trophy ☕️������ (Hands down my favourite gaming experience, ever. I’ve loved spending time in this world - no other game has taken me on such an emotional rollercoaster)

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 11:45 AM PDT

    What I love about photo mode is that you can create your own cover art for the game!!

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 04:50 PM PDT

    [SPOILERS] Why the epilogue isn't when you think it is

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 10:34 AM PDT

    I'm going to break down why I think the epilogue at the end of the game does not show Ellie's arrival back in Jackson. I believe that she must have either first gone to the town itself, or the epilogue is not her first time back at the farmhouse. This is because of the timeline of events. Let me explain.

    The patrol portion of the game takes place on March 2nd 2038. Ellie and Dina leave for Seattle within a week of that date. We'll say they left on March 5th.

    The walking distance from Jackson to Seattle is 866 miles. The average walking speed of a horse is 4 mph, and a trot is somewhere around 8 mph (please correct me if my speeds are wrong). Using an average speed of somewhere in between (lets say 5.5 mph), it would take around 158 hours to travel to Seattle, not including scavenging and resting. So lets say they were able to average 8 hours a day of actually riding towards Seattle. That would make the trip 20 days. Even with the wiggle room of speed and daily hours, we can assume it took them somewhere in the ballpark of 3 weeks, maybe longer. That would put them arriving in Seattle around the end of March/early April. Now lets get into Dina's pregnancy.

    Dina was late a few weeks before the main body of the game in Seattle, and she starts experiencing pregnancy symptoms while in Seattle. Symptoms such as morning sickness and fatigue often set in approx. 4-6 weeks after conception. This means that Dina and Jesse conceived somewhere in early February. Extrapolating from there, this would mean that J.J. would have been born somewhere around November.

    In the first Farm scene, we see that J.J. is a fairly large baby, with a full head of hair and some teeth already come in. He is also able to sit up unassisted in his crib. Babies usually get their top front teeth around 8-12 months, and can sit up on their own around 9 months, so we can assume by J.J.'s status and the weather on the farm that is likely somewhere around 10 months after his birth, which would put it around September.

    Next, Ellie travels to Santa Barbara, either by foot or on horseback, although from her journal entries and lack of horse at the beginning of the Santa Barbara chapter, if she did leave on horseback then it did not make it very far. The walking distance from Jackson to Santa Barbara (passing near Las Vegas, as mentioned in her journal) is 1020 miles. Assuming 8 hours of walking a day at an average walking speed of 4 mph, that would be 32 days to make it to Santa Barbara. Even if she went at a faster speed, hindrances, scavenging, and detours would have delayed her, so lets round that to 35, if not more. Then we can assume that there may have been some searching that occurred before finding Abby's boat, so lets say she searched for 3 days before finding the boat. Next comes the Santa Barbara chapter of the game, which adds another day. Assuming some recovery time for injuries and a slightly longer return journey (say 45-55 days for recovery and return journey), the total amount of time since leaving the farm are in the range of 80-100 days, potentially even more depending on how you think her recovery and return journey went.

    Now, adding those days to the window in which we think Ellie left the farm (September), we would see that she would arrive back in Jackson in late November or some time in December. The average November high temperature in Jackson, Wyoming is 40 degrees Fahrenheit, while the average December high is 28 degrees. They would also have received some amount of snowfall by that time.

    In the epilogue we see that Ellie is wearing a flannel shirt with the sleeves rolled up. She has her backpack on but no visible weaponry worn on her shoulder or in a holster. She is also wearing the bracelet Dina gave her in Seattle, which she is not wearing when she is on the hunt for Abby in Santa Barbara.

    With the timeline, Ellie's appearance during the epilogue, and the status of the farmhouse, I believe that this cannot be her first arrival back in Jackson. In my opinion she either went to Jackson itself upon first arriving and the epilogue is her first trip back to the farm after some time has past, or she had arrived at the farm, found it empty, and headed to Jackson in search of Dina and J.J. In regards to Dina and J.J., I believe they've settled in Jackson with Jesse's parents, and Ellie is making an attempt to make a go of it in the town with the people who matter to her. This is not to say that I think she and Dina are reconciled, but I think that she is willing to make the effort in the hopes that she can mend her relationships with Dina, J.J., and Tommy, because if she was willing to try to forgive Joel, then maybe they will be willing to try to forgive her.

    To anyone who actually read this, thank you! This is my first real post, but I've really needed to process this game. Please let me know any questions or comments you have on this timeline, especially if there is anything I missed that might amend or disprove this post. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Dr-Brooklyn
    [link] [comments]

    "This is so contrived! Awful writing!"

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 07:14 PM PDT

    An example of how toxic people are for literally no reason...

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 07:33 PM PDT

    A vector portrait of Ellie (made by yours truly :D)

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 08:41 PM PDT

    The Last Of Us Part II is a mastermasterpiece

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 06:46 AM PDT

    The biggest plot twist in pt2...

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 10:41 PM PDT

    Joel is really into horses! 90% of the decorations in his house involve a horse somehow. Heh, funny old man...

    submitted by /u/MeshesAreConfusing
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment