• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 1, 2020

    The Last of Us | I don't know how I haven't shared this yet - but I was a Firefly in TLOU after winning a Naughty Dog contest! You can find my lost pendant in Pittsburgh. 😄 Very honored to be canon in this world.

    The Last of Us | I don't know how I haven't shared this yet - but I was a Firefly in TLOU after winning a Naughty Dog contest! You can find my lost pendant in Pittsburgh. �� Very honored to be canon in this world.


    I don't know how I haven't shared this yet - but I was a Firefly in TLOU after winning a Naughty Dog contest! You can find my lost pendant in Pittsburgh. �� Very honored to be canon in this world.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 05:16 PM PDT

    Neil Druckmann on Girlfriend Review’s video “Understanding The Last of Us Part II”

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 06:34 PM PDT

    Got me some custom TLOU face masks.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 07:41 AM PDT

    Understanding The Last Of Us part 2 | Girlfriend Reviews

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:05 AM PDT

    Came across this photoshop on Twitter

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:59 AM PDT

    I think The Last of us 2 is the first AAA game that refuses to pander to its audience, and I think that’s a great thing for the industry [small spoilers]

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:51 AM PDT

    Preface: after hours of analyzing the story and years of studying writing I think the game is a masterpiece, and I definitely know it's better than a lot of people are trying to make it seem

    As I keep reading more and more into both sides of the arguments in this love/hate war, I'm starting to see patterns in many people that don't like the game. It usually involves people that have negative opinions about the game expressing those opinions as criticism of the game without really considering the many people that personally disagree with them. As I've looked more into it, I've realized that this is the first big-budget video game that is telling a story nearly nearly no one wanted. First, the narrative structure, slightly flawed as it can be especially if you don't like the 10 hour to 10 hour experience, had gone much more experimental. It doesn't entirely fit into Dan Harmons story circle which has become the easiest staple of explaining the system of writing a story. Nearly every other big game with a story worth mentioning here is a comedy, safe for a few that depend on player choice or are executed differently a la Red Dead series. I'm fairly certain a good chunk of players have gotten used to studios developing the stories that they want, things with ultimately happy or satisfying endings, stories that kill Zeus at the end and not just because the arc of Kratos. People not realizing Ellie's arc is a whole separate argument especially involving the ending but I've just been so blown away by how we need stories like this game in the industry. This is how you prove video games are the best way to tell stories, with games that don't care about trying to get everyone to enjoy a phenomenal narrative

    I probably didn't get my point across perfectly but I hope I made it clear enough

    submitted by /u/ZeeMyth
    [link] [comments]

    STAY! Don’t go!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 05:42 PM PDT

    Within it's first two weeks, TLOU2 is now the 10th highest selling PS4 game, and the 7th highest selling PS4 exclusive. Congratulations Naughty Dog.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 11:49 AM PDT

    No one can deny how stunning this game looks no matter your opinions on the story.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 05:46 PM PDT

    Motherfucking SPACE!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:14 AM PDT

    Some people asked me to share more of my drawings I did for my countdown leading up to Part II. Here’s the second one! I appreciate the positivity yesterday’s post got!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 07:48 AM PDT

    Can we all agree that Ellie is one of the best fictional characters ever? No? Okay

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 06:38 PM PDT

    This is by far my favorite response to any of the hate that I've seen so far.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:59 AM PDT

    Only 5 hours in to part two and had distracted myself illustrating this today.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 02:01 PM PDT

    Major plot hole - Spoiler

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 07:28 AM PDT

    Somehow in part 2 there's all these flashbacks to Joel shooting Abby's dad. I call bullshit. I never shot anyone in that operating theatre. I had so much flamethrower fuel left over at the end of the first game that I'd been saving for a boss fight that never came. Those doctors were burnt to a crisp.

    submitted by /u/Barn_a_bee_jones
    [link] [comments]

    I thought this was really cool and detailed - both date formats work

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 11:36 AM PDT

    Spoiler: The Majority of bad reviews in one picture.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 03:46 PM PDT

    [SPOILERS] Troy Baker sings “Future Days” on his live today. God the feels.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 05:19 PM PDT

    Some dialogue got interrupted in my first playthrough so I made it a point to run around to hear everything I missed...Dina got me in the first half not gonna lie

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 03:04 PM PDT

    Just finished this masterpiece.... I'm speechless

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 03:08 PM PDT

    It’s real!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 07:46 PM PDT

    Incredible video of Laura doing some VO for *that* fight scene

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 02:06 PM PDT

    Last of Us 2 is still haunting me

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 04:29 PM PDT

    It's almost been four days since finishing the game and I'm still constantly thinking of it. I can't believe how much I cared for Ellie and Joel and how invested I became in Dina and Abby. It really was a devastating experience for me... From Joel brutally dying and Ellie doing crazy things to seeing why Abby did what she did and then see to her at the end of the game as a weak prisoner just wanting to escape. It made me realize that the outbreak event in the game eventually takes either everyone's life, their innocence, or both. When looking from outside, no one is really a good guy in this game. Yet, I still care deeply for them, especially Ellie, and that fucks with me.

    This game fucked me up fam. Am I the only one?

    submitted by /u/Mister_Cursed
    [link] [comments]

    Dissapointed with myself

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:03 PM PDT

    I read the leaks way back when because someone I know said they were really bad, I didn't like what they said at all and had fully convinced myself part II was going to be a steaming pile of turd.

    As a result I didn't put money by for it and stopped following it and didn't get hyped at all.

    But an opportunity came about to play the game for free and after seeing gameplay and a lot of opinions on both sides I started playing..

    .. That was yesterday, I'm now 13 hours into my save, just started the 2nd "10 hours" of the game (trying not to be spoilery) and really, really, wish I hadn't read any of the leaks.

    I am loving this game just as much as I loved the first, please, if you're on the fence, don't miss this game, especially if you played the first one, it's every bit as beautiful.

    submitted by /u/LofiCurrywaveBeats
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment