• Breaking News

    Friday, July 10, 2020

    The Last of Us | Anyone else put off by the heterosexual agenda in this game?

    The Last of Us | Anyone else put off by the heterosexual agenda in this game?


    Anyone else put off by the heterosexual agenda in this game?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 01:13 PM PDT

    I finished The Last of Us Part II over the weekend. It was fine, but some aspects of it really rubbed me the wrong way. I just don't understand what narrative purpose it served for Tommy and Maria to be a married couple. They talk about their marriage and how they seperate at the end. It was really off-putting because it felt like they were forcing it down my throat. What was the reason why they had to be together? To score brownie points for straights?

    I tried to brush it aside but then we get introduced to Abby. Its clear very early on that she has romantic feelings for Owen. More straights?! And then, the two have a sex scene. It's very in your face and it just screams agenda. It seemed like Naughty Dog just wanted to appease the straight community instead of focusing on the story.

    They were some natural and organic characters in the game like Ellie, Lev, and Dina (who had a male partner in the past). But they just had to ruin it by forcing an agenda. I don't have a problem with straight people (my landlord is straight), but I do have a problem with them having to be in everything. I was playing this with my seven year old, and after a couple of murders, dog stabbings, and blowing off people's heads, I had to take him out of the room when Owen and Mel kissed. It's just ridiculous we can't have family friendly entertainment anymore.

    Overall, do better Naughty Dog.

    Edit: Arrest the cops who killed Breonna Taylor, an innocent Black woman who was sleeping in her own home. Black lives matter.

    Arrest the cops who killed Elijah McClain, an innocent Black man who was killed for buying tea. Black lives matter.

    George Floyd: https://www.change.org/p/mayor-jacob-frey-justice-for-george-floyd?recruiter=742011139&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_abi&utm_term=psf_combo_share_initial&recruited_by_id=4627bb40-5e90-11e7-a80e-df849f5aa1b2

    Ways to Help: https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/

    SAVE YEMEN: https://t.co/zHPoDL8ITT?amp=1

    Breonna: https://www.change.org/p/andy-beshear-justice-for-breonna-taylor

    Elijah: https://www.change.org/p/adams-county-district-attorney-justice-for-elijah-mcclain-88600e12-fb72-41e4-9137-030a1dcaf695

    Vanessa Guillen: https://www.change.org/p/hold-the-us-army-military-in-ft-hood-accountable-justice-for-vanessa-guillen

    Hong Kong is STILL NOT FREE. Here's something you can sign: https://www.change.org/p/condemn-hong-kong-police-for-excessive-force-against-citizens-call-for-independent-inquiry

    Don't kill yourself, even if you're straight. We need you. Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

    LGBTQIA+ Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-866-488-7386

    Trans Specific Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-877-565-8860

    Instead of giving money to Reddit, please consider donating and cosigning these campaigns. I do appreciate the awards, all of them, thank you.

    It's okay if you didn't like The Last of Us Part II. Don't be an ass about it.

    submitted by /u/Kazrules
    [link] [comments]

    Clicker with oils by me :)

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 10:48 AM PDT

    HE SEES US! Hi Neil :p

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 08:08 PM PDT

    We love us some TLOU2

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 04:37 PM PDT

    How a certain boss fight was mo-capped ��

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 06:04 PM PDT

    The 2 sides of the same coin

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 08:14 AM PDT

    “I play The last of us for the story”

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 03:26 PM PDT

    Doggy Motion Capture Shoot

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 01:04 PM PDT

    This place gives me bad vibes now

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 11:12 AM PDT

    The best sign in the whole game ��

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 02:01 PM PDT

    Reunited (Artist: Peng Lian)

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    The metaphor in the prologue...

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 02:12 PM PDT

    My drawing of Ellie.

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 03:52 PM PDT

    There is a ton of amazing concept art in TLOU2, but this one is my favorite!

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 10:02 AM PDT

    Ellie

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 05:59 PM PDT

    “Do you even realise what your life means?”

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 10:11 AM PDT

    I drew Abby!

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 02:46 AM PDT

    Salty fans be like:

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 03:49 PM PDT

    Old TLOU2 fan-art I made before the release of the game ❤️

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 02:59 AM PDT

    Can we collectively agree that this is the scariest TLoU moment yet?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    Escape

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 09:16 AM PDT

    I can't get The Last of Us Part 2's story out of my head.

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 09:21 AM PDT

    It is literally one of the best games I have ever played. Its too soon to say if its my FAVORITE game of all time, but its definitely a top ten for me.

    The story has so many layers that are being overlooked because one, they killed Joel; and two, the game "forces" you to play as Abby.

    Personally, as a devoted fan of this series, I am perfectly fine with both of these narrative decisions. I think that they are creative, unprecedented narrative decisions that evolve video games as a story telling medium. Being that the average age of a gamer is 34, we need more complex, adult stories like this.

    Truly, I do feel bad for people that couldn't come to grip with the narrative decisions the developers made here. If some fans can't or were upset with this game's story overall, then they are unable process what the meat of the story is; I get that.

    In short, this game isn't afraid to be brutal, honest, and bold. Even if this game didnt hit the right buttons for some players, we definitely need to encourage more complex stories like this in gaming. While some people may disagree with the narrative decisions made by the developers, I believe that the story is too meticulously crafted for it to be "bad" or "lazy" storytelling.

    I encourage discussion, so please leave your thoughts below.

    Edit:

    Some people have stated that I'm gushing or overexaggerating how good this game is, and they are probably right.

    I am a Naughty Dog fan through and through.

    This game just really stuck with me, so I thought I would share my appreciation with others.

    submitted by /u/IntermediateJackAss
    [link] [comments]

    I tortured myself into drawing grass. Also drew Ellie. And be sure to follow my art on Instagram @shadow.steph.sketches

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 09:53 AM PDT

    That was the INTRO!?

    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 06:36 PM PDT

    I'm playing TLOU1 for the first time and the title just dropped. What the fuck??? That was the INTRO!!?

    submitted by /u/I_hacked_kmart
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment