• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 4, 2020

    The Last of Us | What do you think of my Joel's fanart??

    The Last of Us | What do you think of my Joel's fanart??


    What do you think of my Joel's fanart??

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 08:35 PM PDT

    I love this parallel between TLOU1 & Part II trailers

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 08:09 AM PDT

    This is probably going to get burried, but I wanted to share the significance of this game in my own life.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 05:26 PM PDT

    When I played Part One I was a Christian. I was homophobic, not by choice, it's just the way I was raised. My personal take was that God hated homosexuality, not homosexuals. I had gay friends. I had to defend that fact to my parents. I played The Last of Us in the spring of 2014, which was my freshman year. My brother bought a PS4 bundle with TLoU, and I was team Xbox. I played through that entire game and not once did it make me question my beliefs, which I find crazy having recently revisited, now on my own PS4 Pro. But then I played Left Behind, and found out Ellie was a lesbian.

    My first thought, legitimately, was "it's a shame that she wouldn't go to heaven," which sounds dumb, but Ellie was as real to me as any of my friends at school (I may have also had a bit of a crush on her, being 14 at the time lol).

    But then I was kind of in denial about it. I remember specifically getting to the photo booth and, and seeing an option for Facebook, I thought, "If I post this and any of my church friends see, they might think I support homosexuality!" I hate that I had that thought. I'm glad I can look back and hate that I had that thought.

    Riley's death was, although sad, something that I was sort of glad happened. I also hate that I had that thought. In my small understanding of homosexuality, I assumed that a person was attracted to specific people, and that if that person wasn't there, they would be hetero. I'm glad I understand better now. Going back to play it again, I was able to fully experience the emotional weight of that moment.

    Between parts one and two was a very emotional religious journey that took me from devout Christian to Agnostic Atheist. There were many stepping stones along the way, some more significant than ths game, but my journey began with this game. Left behind was the first thing to make me question the teachings of the Bible, and I'm glad I can walk into Part II now understanding the narrative and significance of human life, love and death. I'm ready for Part II to emotionally break me, and I'm especially ready because my emotional filter has been removed. I'm glad that I can truly call the Seraphites my enemy.

    That's about it, guys. Thanks for reading. Hopefully this was, at the very least, interesting to read. In these super divisive times, especially in the wake of Civil Rights issues for those of us in the US, I wish you all the best, and I want to thank ND for opening my mind up to change. I wouldn't be a gay rights advocate or a BLM supporter without that studio.

    submitted by /u/JB_Big_Bear
    [link] [comments]

    The Last of Us Part II – Official Extended Commercial

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 07:05 AM PDT

    Light

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 12:42 PM PDT

    Anyone who is upset that Ellie is lesbian in TLOU2 isnt an actual fan of the game

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 09:37 PM PDT

    How clear can it be? It was clear as day in the DLC. Then they say "oh it was just tacked on as an agenda". NO. it literally was how she got the scar on her arm and found she was immune and is 100% referenced

    Btw I LOVE the new trailer commercial released today. I'm so pumped!

    submitted by /u/PopularSolid
    [link] [comments]

    Endure and Survive | Edit

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 08:31 PM PDT

    I just saw a commercial on TV for the first time....

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 07:30 PM PDT

    I'm 3 months pregnant and got so excited I CRIED...

    Thats all I wanted to say!

    (My husband thinks I'm crazy now)

    submitted by /u/MS_DELIGHT
    [link] [comments]

    Can I share with you guys this drawing of Ellie I made? ��

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 05:04 PM PDT

    Oh yeah. I'm all set for the release.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 06:29 PM PDT

    Anyone support this?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    The Last of Us Part II - Inside the World

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    Ngl this sounds pretty incredible. Super stoked for the audio design

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 01:52 AM PDT

    Reminds me a bit of how people are reacting to a certain game coming out soon...

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 11:12 AM PDT

    Lookout tower? I think this is where Dina and Ellie pause for the view, and maybe the first level of the game, scouting and exploring the extremities of Jackson. Dat snow art too doe.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 12:40 PM PDT

    Sketching a clicker is a good way to spend the time while waiting ( part 2, new progress)

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    Now why is there a Firefly symbol inside Jackson??? Btw this is from inside the world trailer.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    TLOU2 AI Now has a "middle state" of alertness whereas the first game had a more binary state

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 11:01 AM PDT

    There is also a EU version of the commercial which Ellie has her switchblade instead of revolver

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 09:35 AM PDT

    It's at #5 on Amazon's Best Selling Video Games, but the rest are just gift cards.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 06:36 PM PDT

    Got my Ellie tattoo yesterday and it turned out INCREDIBLE!

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 03:24 PM PDT

    Parents got me a little bit of a early birthday present

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 02:36 PM PDT

    For those wondering how to play Ellie’s version of True Faith on guitar

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 05:57 PM PDT

    Capo on 3rd

    (Em) I feel so (G) extraordinary (D) something's got a (Am) hold on me (Em) I've got this feeling (C) I'm in motion (D) a sudden sense of (Am) liberty (Em) I used to think that the (G) day would never come (D) I'd delight in the (Am) shade of the morning (Em) sun, My morning sun is the (G) drug that brings me (D) near, to the childhood I (Am) lost , replaced by fear (Em)

    Humming (Em) (G) (D) (Am) (Em)

    submitted by /u/acake2005
    [link] [comments]

    She'll always be our babygirl..

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    Everything I've gathered about new gameplay elements from the first impressions

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 05:21 PM PDT

    As we draw ever closer to the release date, I watched impression video after impression video and to my dismay, pretty much nothing I came across showed something I didn't already know (which is to be expected, as they're called first impressions for a reason), with the exception of 2 sources: Grizgaming and Greg Miller. The former played on survivor difficulty and had some pretty interesting insights about it

    1) 3:30 Ellie could stay underwater for about 16 seconds, which "sounds more generous than it is"

    2) 3:42 Enemies can see you "plain as day" underwater, and the water does little to throw off your aim or mitigate bullet damage

    3) 4:00 The part where Ellie shanks the enemy with the Vita is hardly the tip of the iceberg and pales in comparison to what the rest of the game has to offer

    4) 4:57 Not that it really matters, but there's a small room behind the area with the Vita with additional supplies

    5) 5:20 The guy walking along does something he doesn't do in the demo. He takes a step back and looks behind him. Many other enemies will have such quirks, where they slightly break patrol for a second and throw a glance to their left or right, or check underneath a car or other hiding spot.

    6) 6:15 The reviewer, despite being as economical as possible, had less than half the items/supplies as the demo-er. Resources are extremely limited

    7) 6:55 The trip mine is extremely effective and deals massive damage. It's particualrly useful for luring dogs and their owners via your scent to their inevitable demise. Speaking of dogs, the reviewer had his throat ripped out by one on 3 separate occasions. They're not to be messed with

    8) 7:18 Attaching silencers is as simple as holding triangle while aiming the gun

    9) 7:40 Arrows break about 70-80% of the time, making the ability to craft them a godsend

    10) 9:20 Unlike the first game, listen mode is included on Survivor difficulty, presumably due to the added feature of scent trails that play a pretty big role.

    11) 9:32 Arguably the most interesting feature is that upon aiming, after roughly 3 seconds Ellie will cock the hammer back on her pistol which slightly throws your aim upward. This means you will have to time your shots to a certain rhythm - either shoot before that 3 second mark or if you choose to wait, you'll have to spend additional time adjusting for that upwards shift in your reticle

    12) 11:25 The bow requires about twice the draw speed shown in the demo without upgrades. Weapon sway seems to have been upgraded too from its natural effect

    13) 11:30 Ellie often times mutters something under breath when you get a clean stealth kill, which helps to let you know that you're in the clear

    14) 12:30 Tapping L1 lets you juke to the side and potentially avoid shots. Comes in handy especially when trying to run up to an enemy for a melee weapon kill

    From Greg Miller's impressions:

    1) 8:00 Stalkers are apparently hunched over and "on all fours". They play a considerably larger role than in the previous game

    2) 9:00 Workbenches are no longer a "safe room". You can get grabbed by enemies and attacked while upgrading your weapons

    Some of these are exclusive to survivor, which ones those are I'm not too sure about. All that said, it was nice to find some details and though some of these might be a bit on the nose and obvious, I nevertheless found them cool to discover.

    submitted by /u/xxxarkhamknightsxxx
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment