• Breaking News

    Monday, June 22, 2020

    The Last of Us | Okay I know this game was violent but I just used an explosive arrow on a group of enemies and

    The Last of Us | Okay I know this game was violent but I just used an explosive arrow on a group of enemies and


    Okay I know this game was violent but I just used an explosive arrow on a group of enemies and

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 07:30 PM PDT

    "My backpack is practically empty"

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 03:34 PM PDT

    Happy Father's Day from Neil Druckman and Shuhei Yoshida (circa 2015)

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    One of my favorite photos of Tommy. What do you guys think?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 07:34 AM PDT

    Wholesome interactions between studios

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 09:36 AM PDT

    Made a quick drawing of these two to celebrate the release of TLO2, I love these two so far

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 09:01 AM PDT

    Here’s a drawing of Dina I did. Almost done with the game, and loving it so far!

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 08:25 PM PDT

    No! don’t tell me it’s busted. Man, for a second I thought I was gonna play it. You still can, close your eyes. Just do it! ..

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 04:04 PM PDT

    I'm a huge fan of Part 1, and I thoroughly loved part 2. I'm glad it wasn't what I was expecting.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 08:51 AM PDT

    M'Dina [Possible Spoiler]

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 05:30 PM PDT

    I always had faith that this game was going to be great but I never thought it would blow me away this much. Hands down my favourite game ever!

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 05:40 PM PDT

    My body is R E A D Y

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 10:25 AM PDT

    What do yall think of my shrine?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 09:44 PM PDT

    But the bad reviews are the ones coming from bots... right?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 09:24 AM PDT

    2.8%... that’s how many people finished the game. But everyone seems to have an opinion on how the ending doesn’t work. These numbers don’t add up

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 07:13 AM PDT

    Just beat it, I feel..... nothing?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 05:26 PM PDT

    I beat the game about 2 hours ago and I feel.... nothing.

    Why do I feel nothing?

    When I beat the original TLOU it just made me sit back in amazement thinking "This is one of the most incredible experiences I have ever had with a video game." I was overwhelmed with emotion.

    But now... I barely even feel the need to talk about it. It feels like something I'll forget about in two days.

    It breaks my heart that I feel such apathy towards this thing. It almost makes me wish I straight up hated the game instead of having it be a mixture of good and bad which results in fuck-all :(

    submitted by /u/Lukiyano
    [link] [comments]

    Quick Reminder....

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 10:49 AM PDT

    if you like TLOU2, you are not in the wrong. if you don't like TLOU2, you are not in the wrong.

    the gaming community is so fucking one sided on this game and forget that its just a video game.

    submitted by /u/ShadowKnight333
    [link] [comments]

    This sub is so toxic :/

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 10:01 PM PDT

    The way that people are acting on here is honestly more depressing than the game itself. I was so excited once I finished to be able to have a dialogue with other people (what this game is intended to spark) and everyone is so defensive and rude on both sides.

    I don't know why people can't appreciate that opinions differ and it's ok. Trolls suck, but the people who are just as condescending saying to everyone who dislikes the game "you just don't get itttt" suck as well. and this is coming from someone who liked the game.

    Anyway, idk if anyone else feels the same but this sub is honestly ruining the game for me. Probably gonna peace out but I just wanted anyone who feels the same to know I'm with ya.

    submitted by /u/flippers_666
    [link] [comments]

    The Last of Us Part II Is Now The Fastest Selling PS4 Title Of All Time

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 06:30 PM PDT

    [SPOILERS] It's starting to seem like a lot of people liked the first game for the wrong reasons because of how they're responding to TLOU2.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 10:06 PM PDT

    In TLOU1, the choices made in the end were far from black and white, but what Joel decided to do still had massive consequences. He killed the only people who were trying to make a vaccine that would have saved the world, simply so he could save a single life of someone he cared about. And I'm sympathetic with that, even though I would have made the same choice Marlene did and would have regretfully sacrificed Ellie for the greater good.

    But it seems like a non-insignificant chunk of the fanbase that actually played the games(not the thousands of trolls review-bombing meta critic), they don't see the complexity behind the ending to TLOU1 and they seemingly have no regard for humanity as a whole. They see Joel deciding to kill the Fireflies to save Ellie as the single correct choice, and they would have made it themselves in a heartbeat without a single regard for the fate of the rest of the world.

    Imagine this trolley problem: A train is heading down one track that would kill your daughter, but if you pull the lever you send the train down another track that would kill millions. There's a lot of people who would save their own daughter every time without a second thought, and they'd do it no matter how many lives would be lost as a result. Now here comes TLOU2, which is the aftermath of that trolley problem, and TLOU2 turns an unforgiving mirror on all those people who had no regard for humanity as a whole. And those people who had no regard for humanity REALLY don't like what they see in the mirror. They don't think it's fair. And they hate TLOU2 for it.

    submitted by /u/JerfFoo
    [link] [comments]

    To what extent did the leaks effect the reception?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 12:15 PM PDT

    Personally, I think that the game would have been received much more positively if the story hadn't leaked beforehand.

    It's easy to read a list of summarized plot points from beginning to end and make judgements. I think that a lot of the potential problems that people had with the story before it released ended up being fine in the final game because of performance, presentation, perspective, and artistic decisions.

    I think a lot of people decided they hated this game before it hit shelves, and I think it's impacting what seems to be the overall impression. When you look closer, as far as I can tell, most fans really enjoy the game.

    submitted by /u/daningyt
    [link] [comments]

    Ellie playing the TLOU theme on guitar

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 06:50 AM PDT

    In memoriam (FANART- SPOILERS)

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 08:10 PM PDT

    I told myself I wasn't going to do this..

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 08:59 PM PDT

    So I finished The Last of Us Part 2 last night. As a new fan of the series (only played the original game about a month ago), I feel like i have an interesting perspective. As someone who didn't have any sort of nostalgia attached to this world or its characters, I have the "unique" point of view that I can judge the game without nostalgia blinding me. I spent a lot of today gathering my thoughts, and replaying it for trophies and to pick up some story bits I might have missed with those collectibles. I think this game is almost perfect. I havent been able to agree with pretty much any of the criticisms of the game, and honestly I think they grossly misrepresent the ideas and concepts explored throughout the story. So, as I said I spent a lot of the day replaying. But I also spent a good amount of it writing a script. Ive never made a video before, but I feel its necessary to give this game a "defense". To better explain and add context to alot of the criticisms that I've been hearing. Hopefully sometime in the next week I'll get that out. Will probably post it here, but I also encourage anyone who didnt like it to comment some of the parts you felt was done poorly, and ill see if my opinion on that part can help you understand why it may not have been written poorly, you just didn't like what happened.

    TLDR; I love this game. If you don't, tell me why and I'll tell you why I disagree with your point.

    submitted by /u/Godkashi
    [link] [comments]

    The Facial and Body Animations are Some of the Best I Have Ever Seen. (Last of Us Part 2)

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:40 AM PDT

    As the title suggests, the animations in The Last of Us Part 2 are incredible and super detailed. The subtle way Ellie wipes her eyes or bites her lip or the actual look of intense pain across her face and eyes....no game has captured human emotions so well in my opinion. Just the little ticks and facial movements remind me of actual human interactions so much.

    When you sneak behind a clicker to kill them, you can see Ellie's neck veins and tendons stretching as she is forcibly trying to slit its throat. You see the extreme grimace on her face and the anger (at times) behind the action. It's incredible.

    Even with her body as well, she will be off balance and fall of a ledge in a way that seems completely accurate, or times when she gets hit, her body will flail and move appropriately.

    Long story short, this game has some of the best animation work I have ever seen.

    submitted by /u/MahKa02
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment