• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 20, 2020

    The Last of Us | [MEGATHREAD] WEEKLY PHOTO MODE THREAD

    The Last of Us | [MEGATHREAD] WEEKLY PHOTO MODE THREAD


    [MEGATHREAD] WEEKLY PHOTO MODE THREAD

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    Attention all photo mode lovers!

    Now's your time to shine!

    From today, we are going to make a weekly photo mode megathread where you will be able to share your favorite shots from The Last of Us Part II.

    Each week, we will pin a new megathread to make sure that everybody get to share their pictures. That means this post will be locked in exactly one week.

    And it goes without saying: There will be spoilers in this post, so please browse at your own risk!

    We can't wait to see your photos!

    submitted by /u/Voldsby
    [link] [comments]

    Huh, that's quite the difference there.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 08:17 AM PDT

    What people should understand.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 01:45 PM PDT

    After reading through a few threads there should be a few things people keep in mind when talking about the reviews the game has received.

    1. People aren't disliking this game because of LGBT things in the game. Last of us 1 had LGBT things, people loved the LGBT DLC of that game. If you think a significant chunk of the reviews are about that, look through the reviews. See how rare it is that someone ever mentions something about LGBT themes within the game.
    2. Why are people leaving 0/10s when the graphics and gameplay are fine? I agree the graphics are beautiful and the gameplay is great. But for a primarily story driven game this game deserves a 4...5...maybe a 6/10 maximum. Because if a story driven game neglects the story, then why would it be a 7/10 or higher. The thing about that is if people rate this a 6/10 and others claim it's a 10/10 because they ignore the game's flaws, people are going to want to more properly balance that out with a lower review so that the overall score of the game better represents what they think it should be. Every game that has ever been reviewed goes through that. Just as they're exaggerating their score to balance out the overall one, positive reviewers do that just the same in their 10/10 reviews.
    3. "Just because you don't like the story doesn't mean it's objectively bad" That's true. But for one, there are plot holes in the story, and several arcs of the story with no satisfying conclusion. And two, people don't need to have objective criticisms in their review to dislike something. If most people don't like something that not OBJECTIVELY bad, it's still a lot of people disliking something that they have a right to dislike.
    4. Reviewers don't need to play the entire game to form an opinion. I've heard people say "Oh this game isn't bad once you reach the 15-16 hour mark." Sorry, but if you have to go through 15-16 hours of a bad game just to find moments that are enjoyable, that's already half of the game that's not enjoyable. Add that to the ending that most if not all the people that I've seen hate because it puts the entirety of this game and the last game's goals to waste. and you have most of the story being unlikable. That's why this game got negative reviews before the 30 hour mark.

    Just because there have been a lot of negative reviews, doesn't mean it's fair for you to write it off as "review bombing pessimists you shouldn't take seriously" just because you like the game. Sure it doesn't deserve a 3.4/10, but if after a week or two it jumps up to a 5/10 because of those that criticized it in the first place, then that'd be fair.

    (Please don't remove this post as you did with the last one since I put a lot more effort and less hostility in this one, please and thank you mods, also put the spoiler tag just in case)

    submitted by /u/NadoKahn
    [link] [comments]

    We need to talk...

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 04:51 PM PDT

    I'm sorry. I really am. I love the first game. It's my absolute favorite for a multitude of reasons. With that being said, this sequel (to put it lightly) sucks. I really wanted to like this. From a technical standpoint this is a top notch game. Both of these games are art and art is subjective. However this game just feels misunderstood. The story beats were horrible. The stretch of the game where you switch characters...that ending, oh my god. It's just a mess held together with beautiful presentation and tired gameplay at best. If you enjoy the game then by all means I'm glad you got your $60+ worth. Me personally though, I'm beyond disgusted with what the final product is.

    submitted by /u/OFWGKTALynch
    [link] [comments]

    I recreated this pic of Ellie in my art style! Thought I'd share

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 01:48 PM PDT

    Back to back!

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 10:21 AM PDT

    Anyone else feel kinda mislead by the trailers?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 07:48 PM PDT

    Abby only appeared in one or two trailers i think as "mysterious women". And she was like 75% of this game. I feel kinda cheated and lied to. I enjoyed the game. But werent we promised to have Joel and Ellie again? I mean i guess you could say they werent flat out lying, as we DID have Ellie and Joel moments, but only in flashbacks.

    And this is made even worse by the trailers for the game replacing characters in key situations. We were lead to believe Dina died or someone else. Not Joel, as we see him confront Ellie about revenge in trailers

    Idk. Just left a sour taste in my mouth. I enjoyed the journey. Ending was meh. But overall a good experience

    submitted by /u/cmd_1211
    [link] [comments]

    To all the people who liked the game.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 03:18 PM PDT

    Please don't feel bad for liking it, or feel like you're stupid or something for liking it. You enjoyed a piece of media. Your reasoning for liking or disliking things are entirely your own, don't let someone who thinks their opinion is gospel tell you what you should and shouldn't like.

    Your feelings your own. If you like something, and it's harmless, power to you. If you don't like something, then same sentiment. Don't let others make you feel bad for feeling different than they do.

    submitted by /u/iNsK_Predator
    [link] [comments]

    Happy Father's Day Joel!

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 06:55 PM PDT

    This game made me VERY depressed

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 09:37 PM PDT

    MAJOR SPOILERS DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVENT FINISHED!

    The first game was my favorite of all time. I've never cried in any movie or story before but I did in the first game. The first game really affected me emotionally but ultimately made me happy. This game, however, made me the complete opposite. After the first game I was so happy that Ellie and Joel would finally have a nice life. But of course, that all goes to shit in the 2nd game. Joel's death already made the game really depressing, but every time I played the flashbacks with him, they made me very very sad, even though they were the peaks of the game. Not only that, but I ended up feeling no sympathy for abby. I didn't care at all about her story and the entire time was just wanting to get back to Ellie as that was all we had left. I wanted abby dead. Jesse's death, although not a crazy good character, made me more sad and made me hate abby even more. Having to play as abby and beat up Ellie was awful, I let Ellie kill me multiple times because I just couldn't do it. When I got to the farm I was sad but at least Ellie had something left that gave her a little bit of happiness (her new family). But of course, Ellie goes after Abby again which I at first was happy because I at least got to play as Ellie again but was ultimately very sad she didn't end up killing abby at the end. Now, I'm already very depressed from this story as is, but when Ellie came back to the farm, it was awful. With Dina gone, the one thing that made Ellie happy, she had nothing left. With some of her fingers gone, it makes it even more depressing. Ellie, loses everything. She basically is dead at the end of the game. So not only did Joel die, but so did Ellie. Her story is done, there's nothing left. Joel is dead, tommy dislikes her, Dina is gone, Jesse is dead, Jackson is gone, everything is done for her. She has absolutely nothing and it made me insanely sad and depressed. Gameplay wise the game was spectacular but I absolutely hate the story and manipulative marketing. If Dina died or maybe (just maybe) tommy died and Joel and Ellie went to Seattle to get vengeance, this game would have been a million times better. I can't express how happy I was with the ending of the first game but now this game unravels all of that. I wanted Joel to finally come to terms with himself, which he did in the first game, and Ellie to finally be able to relax and have someone to love (Joel) in her life. But all of that's gone. All the character growth, all the experiences, everything so good about the first game is unraveled from a narrative perspective. I can't see them making a third game. The best part of the first game was the relationship between Joel and Ellie. Now, all we have is a severely broken and depressed Ellie. I'm really not happy with this game. I can't see myself playing through it again like I did with the first game. The story just makes me too depressed.

    submitted by /u/JSnake5
    [link] [comments]

    Ellie can play expert.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 03:16 PM PDT

    Let’s settle this

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 05:38 PM PDT

    Which note you would give to the game /10 and can you justify the note you give (please upvote to reach the most people on the sub). Edit: i am making this because i saw really good and really bad notes so i just want to see what people in general think of the game and it can be useful to us all.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Razer-_-62
    [link] [comments]

    In the last of us part 2 Ellie still has the toy she gave Sam in the first game.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 08:22 AM PDT

    Just completed the story, man. What a game!

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 07:58 PM PDT

    What do you think of my Ellie's Fanart?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 07:11 PM PDT

    Quick sketch I did of Joel, because even when I’m not playing, I can’t get the game off my mind !

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 01:26 PM PDT

    I recreated the Museum planet wall art in Last of Us 2! ✨

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 10:11 PM PDT

    The code 7302 spells out JOEL when you flip it upside down. Completely pointless, but still kinda cool.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 07:07 PM PDT

    We have seen something like this but I honestly didn’t think it would be in the final game. This is awesome!

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 01:22 PM PDT

    I wish you could play it

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 09:06 AM PDT

    When I saw it, I knew what I had to do

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 09:41 AM PDT

    *MILD SPOILER* The facial animations here blew my mind

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 09:26 PM PDT

    Illustration from Famitsu July 2nd

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 12:31 PM PDT

    joel and ellie fanart by me

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 11:14 AM PDT

    The rope physics in TLOU2

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 09:26 PM PDT

    Uhh yeah, I sure hope it does

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 11:30 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment