• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 23, 2020

    The Last of Us | Naughty dog² (26 days)

    The Last of Us | Naughty dog² (26 days)


    Naughty dog² (26 days)

    Posted: 23 May 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    Decided to remake my 2016 tlou 2 fan art. Crazy how it's almost here.

    Posted: 23 May 2020 08:49 AM PDT

    Felt like this belongs here

    Posted: 23 May 2020 06:28 PM PDT

    Seattle

    Posted: 23 May 2020 04:06 PM PDT

    26 days left

    Posted: 23 May 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    I haven’t read or seen any spoilers but god, i hope i don’t regret getting this

    Posted: 23 May 2020 03:26 PM PDT

    Everybody is focusing on the story and gameplay but you have to give it up to Gustavo Santaolalla. Sound design in Part II is top-notch. What would these games be without this great music??

    Posted: 23 May 2020 06:17 AM PDT

    The jump button

    Posted: 23 May 2020 06:25 PM PDT

    I'm excited about the inclusion of a jump button. There were certain parts of the first game that you just felt you were tagging along and nothing could really go wrong because all jumps etc were scripted and couldn't possibly fail.

    This jump button gives you so much more control and it makes perfect sense to make the player feel more invested and more involved.

    I do think that it will be tough to go back and play the first game after I've played through part 2 though.

    Hype level is at maximum!

    submitted by /u/Artie-Fufkin
    [link] [comments]

    "You see I believe, that everything happens for a reason"

    Posted: 23 May 2020 12:51 PM PDT

    When they announced the Part 2 edition PS4 Pro. I was amazed. But, I would never buy it as I already have a Pro... and PS5 is just 6 months or so away.

    But then yesterday, my ps4 died and it no longer turns on. I am devastated of course, but I have now pre ordered the new one 😎

    I love the look of it, and this will be the first limited edition anything I've owned. It had to be TLOU :)

    submitted by /u/Gunter_Putin1172
    [link] [comments]

    Ellie’s Tattoo

    Posted: 23 May 2020 10:55 PM PDT

    So I saw a thread in here asking about Ellie's Tattoo along with some questions and the one that caught my attention the most is "why the moth". I truely believe that the people at naughty dog do everything for a reason in any of there games, so here's why I think Ellie has a moth front and center in her tattoo. Moths are attracted to light and light in art (movies, video games, etc.) is represented as hope or optimism. So with however way Ellie obtained that tattoo I think she wanted something to symbolize attraction to hope in a grim world. Along with watching how she acted in last of us at a younger age she always hung on to hope with people who were trying to escape a city or hoping they were alive somewhere when Joel read notes about people trying to survive in the world. Hopefully this sheds some light on the imagination we have on Ellie's visual before the release of the game, thanks for reading everyone :)

    submitted by /u/S2KxElite
    [link] [comments]

    When will comments be turned back on?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 09:11 PM PDT

    Sorry to put the mods on the spot, but I do miss commenting on posts with my fellow Last of Us fans. Any idea when we can expect to comment again?

    For the record, no pressure. I understand why you guys shut down the comments and have no quarrels with your decision :)

    submitted by /u/_mrpinkdonttip_
    [link] [comments]

    26 Days until I can add it to my Games Collection ❤️

    Posted: 23 May 2020 09:04 AM PDT

    Getting another tattoo rn but it dawned on me I got this back in 2017

    Posted: 23 May 2020 12:16 PM PDT

    When you gotta work from home but Part II is less than 4 weeks away...

    Posted: 23 May 2020 08:03 AM PDT

    (Huge P1 Spoilers) The impact of late-game gameplay options on P2.

    Posted: 23 May 2020 11:32 AM PDT

    So it seems like a lot of folks take it as fact that Joel massacres the Fireflies, but I know many kills can be avoided and I've been wondering how this might impact P2 so I did a couple of test play-throughs today. After using a lot of stealth, stuns and smoke, I've whittled it down to only 3 compulsory kills: Ethan (in a cutscene, he's the guy trying to march Joel out of the hospital), The medic who welds a scalpel at Joel and Marlene. All the rest are optional (sneak on the lower floor, sneak then smoke bomb on the upper floor): you can open then jam the doors with enemies alive nearby and get all the way to the room Ellie is in without any kills.

    I then did another play-through to count the exact number of kills involved if Joel goes full massacre and the the difference is really stark: Minimum kills: 3 Optional kills: 30 (28 armed and 2 medics) Massacre total: 33

    So I kinda feel like whether or not you commit a massacre against a heavily-armed militia is a big deal story-wise, but I also think it's pretty unlikely that ND, who were meticulous about when kills could/could not be skipped, are gonna just make a particular play-style cannon, leaving me really curious how they are gonna handle this in part 2.

    (If Ellie knows or suspects anything, then even more so: if Joel has wiped out the hospital base then he has shut the door on Ellie ever having a choice — something both Joel and the Fireflies denied her at the time — but if he only killed those 3 then there's no reason to think that the lab would be lost to the Fireflies: there's 2 medics, more than 30 guards (Even if you massacre up to that point, Joel is still chased to the elevator by several more guards) and presumably a second-in-command still there.)

    Maybe with all Joel's killing it's just a detail but given what the Fireflies meant to Ellie and to society (imo the Fireflies sucked ass by the end, but it'd still be hard to argue that they were as bad as the hunters or cannibals) but to me it feels like a bigger deal than how many hunters he snuck by in, say, Pittsburg.

    TL;DR: If you kill all the Fireflies you can, that totals to massacring 33 people, but if you skip as many kills as possible you only kill 3 (2 of which are in cutscenes), and it's gonna be interesting to see if and how ND avoids making a particular approach cannon in part 2.

    submitted by /u/UnableEducator
    [link] [comments]

    Tears in rain

    Posted: 23 May 2020 09:22 AM PDT

    Almost there!! Avoiding spoilers

    Posted: 23 May 2020 10:49 AM PDT

    It's been a long ride, and I can't believe we're that much closer to playing! I left the sub for a bit to avoid any possible spoilers that could arise so I'm glad the sub is locked and everyone's being respectful. It seems like avoiding spoilers now is easier than it was two weeks ago when you couldn't even google the game without particular things popping up and you almost had to cover your eyes and try to find the close button as quick as you can Lololol. Really excited that the wait is almost over and we're counting down the days, it's gonna be awesome!

    submitted by /u/liftwityaknees
    [link] [comments]

    Attention to detail (Story trailer spoilers).

    Posted: 23 May 2020 11:26 AM PDT

    Something I noticed in the Story trailer.

    Bruise after the \"violent incident\".

    Bruise some time later.

    We can speculate 2-3 weeks happened between these two screenshots.

    submitted by /u/GoodOleUltraviolence
    [link] [comments]

    Simple Explanation ab Ellie's tattoo

    Posted: 23 May 2020 11:14 PM PDT

    Though reading theories about the significance of the tattoo, the answer of why she chose a moth seems more simple - the moth is on Joel's guitar. I'd assume she got it out of love towards Joel.

    submitted by /u/justtrynapasspls
    [link] [comments]

    Ellie's tattoo

    Posted: 23 May 2020 05:18 AM PDT

    Other than my excitement to play Part II, I am excited to learn what Ellie's tattoo really means. Why did she get it? Where did she get it? When did she get it? What significance does it hold for her? Why the moth and the fern? Why wasn't it a different animal and plant?

    I'm planning on getting the tattoo when it feels safe again.

    Anyone else excited for the reveal of this part to her story?

    submitted by /u/throw_oftheyear
    [link] [comments]

    The Last Of Us 2 coming in less than 3 weeks!!!

    Posted: 23 May 2020 01:01 AM PDT

    I know that these recent weeks have been tough for hardcore fans of the last of us, like me. But I believe like many of you that the game will still live up to our hopes. This game looks fuckin phenomenal. Unlike many, I am really hyped and I will play this game no matter what others say. Remember, the game has a 20-30 hour story. That means that more than what the leaks showed will happen, I can almost guarantee it! I know that there are both people that will buy the game and boycott it in this community. So what do you guys think and will you buy it? Please share your opinions!

    (It's actually less than 4 weeks, the title reads wrong haha)

    submitted by /u/Parth0369
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment