• Breaking News

    Monday, May 25, 2020

    The Last of Us | Quarantine Update + Community Poll

    The Last of Us | Quarantine Update + Community Poll


    Quarantine Update + Community Poll

    Posted: 24 May 2020 11:50 AM PDT

    Hey everyone! It has been a million years one month since we put this sub under indefinite quarantine, and we are as tired of it as y'all are.

    Since it seems that the flood has receded a bit, we'd like to know your thoughts on loosening the reins and having comments unlocked on some posts. We will still be screening comments, so this will mainly affect discussion and question posts. Other posts, such as fan art and photo modes, will remain locked. Please know that users are still getting spoiled through DMs. Click here for steps on how to set your DMs to trusted users only.

    The final decision is up to you guys, so please vote below! As always, our modmail is open for any questions or concerns. Endure and survive!

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/-anne-marie-
    [link] [comments]

    Was replaying Left Behind and noticed this

    Posted: 24 May 2020 08:36 PM PDT

    Can’t do a poll and photo but how many of you guys think this would be a good casting for Joel and Ellie?

    Posted: 24 May 2020 09:18 AM PDT

    I bet my life this game will blow everyone away when it comes out

    Posted: 24 May 2020 08:27 PM PDT

    Quarantine is boring so enjoy this beautiful man

    Posted: 24 May 2020 09:28 PM PDT

    Cheers to Part II and the mods here in this sub!

    Posted: 24 May 2020 09:19 AM PDT

    /u/Joeyisthebessst wasn't kidding. I can't find anything about this online either. Makes me wonder if this is deliberate. Tested on PS3.

    Posted: 24 May 2020 07:45 AM PDT

    Thank you for everything.

    Posted: 24 May 2020 02:43 PM PDT

    This sub has been nothing but positive feelings. The love and support people show is amazing. I want to also thank the mods for being incredible with handling this sub. Im not really good at writing but I just felt the need to thank you guys!

    submitted by /u/VoyTron
    [link] [comments]

    Did anyone else request June 19th off of work?

    Posted: 24 May 2020 04:23 PM PDT

    I told them I have an appointment...which I mean...is...not necessarily a lie. I wish I had the digital preorder so I could just download it at midnight but I have to go to the physical store to pick it up when they open which I'm bummed about. But excited to have the whole day to immerse myself!!!

    submitted by /u/keepthisasecret3000
    [link] [comments]

    Ellie fan art by - @iamssoftt (Twitter)

    Posted: 24 May 2020 09:26 AM PDT

    I wanted to see it myself, so here's video proof of the easter egg /u/Joeyisthebessst told us about

    Posted: 24 May 2020 11:32 AM PDT

    Happy

    Posted: 24 May 2020 06:51 PM PDT

    My Ellie tattoo I finally got last week. I've been so excited to show you all!

    Posted: 24 May 2020 08:51 PM PDT

    Just beat this masterpiece again in anticipation for part II, I honestly believe I'll never get sick of this game. Just gotta endure and survive for 25 more days.

    Posted: 24 May 2020 05:28 PM PDT

    art by me @orange_jewce on insta. i have no idea what the community consensus is on joel and tess but i think they could work, in a "why not we could die any minute" way

    Posted: 24 May 2020 01:53 PM PDT

    This is the most money I ever spent on a video game...�� I remember playing tlou way back in 6th grade for hours on end. Fast forward and now I’m a graduating senior! Crazy how it’s been 7 years already..��

    Posted: 24 May 2020 10:33 PM PDT

    25 days people

    Posted: 24 May 2020 03:33 PM PDT

    It's almost like counting down to Christmas at the start of December

    submitted by /u/_garlicbread
    [link] [comments]

    Thanks for that Bruce Straley (TLOU Press Event 2013)

    Posted: 24 May 2020 09:52 AM PDT

    Joeyisthebessst’s post is confirmed true. This was on PS4. On ‘Grounded: Making The Last of Us’ this footage is shown from a BBC video about the cordyceps infection in ants. Awesome find!

    Posted: 24 May 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    (Reupload better image quality)This cover art tells us everything. Blue tint= cold emotions. blood on her the anger. And that angry/ determined expression surrounded by darkness.

    Posted: 24 May 2020 10:34 AM PDT

    I haven’t seen many people talk about how interactive the environment is in terms of combat, I mean it’s insane (25 days)

    Posted: 24 May 2020 11:17 AM PDT

    Quite possibly the most bizarre glitch I've found In a game (which with me, truly says ALOT)

    Posted: 24 May 2020 03:48 AM PDT

    1. Pick the phone back up after Tommy's call gets dropped.
    2. Pick up the newspaper in the bathroom.
    3. Go into Joel's bedroom and wait for the gas leak explosion.
    4. Pick up Joel's cell phone, wait for Sarah's dialog to finish.
    5. Observe Joel's note left on the fridge.
    6. Quit to the main menu screen without saving.
    7. Once that's all finished, load back into the game, go upstairs to Joel's room, and for some really weird, unknown reason, there's a massive blowup picture of an ant on Joel's TV screen. This isn't a joke, and can easily be confirmed. I know replies are shut off atm, but if you mods have any clue as of to why this is a thing, please do tell. 😂
    submitted by /u/Joeyisthebessst
    [link] [comments]

    I love just the little bits done to make up Tlou, like this shadow!

    Posted: 24 May 2020 03:53 PM PDT

    Possible Answer to the Ant Easter Egg

    Posted: 24 May 2020 08:32 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, firstly I just wanted to say how refreshing it is to see the positivity and sense of community that has remained in this subreddit. Given all the ongoing crap regarding the upcoming release of Part 2, the sense of community on here keeps me hyped and excited to play the sequel regardless of being spoiled.

    THE ANT EASTER EGG — Since comments are disabled for the moment, I wanted to share my two cents regarding the Ant Easter Egg that people have been asking about - in particular u/Joeyisthebessst and u/TheHooDooer .

    The image itself appears to be a reversed still taken directly from the BBC documentary series Blue Planet hosted by David Attenborough. The segment in question discusses the Ophiocordyceps unilateralis fungus which ND confirmed as inspiration for the Cordyceps virus in The Last of Us universe. In reality, the Ophiocordyceps unilateralis fungus basically targets, penetrates and dominates its host before sprouting and spreading more spores, continuing the destructive cycle.

    So in short, the Ant Easter Egg seems to be not only pointing at the creators' inspiration for the virus but directly references and utilises the documentary itself. Pretty fitting that the image of this infected ant would appear on the television upstairs LITERALLY just before you encounter your first human corrupted by the fungus.

    ((I also like to pretend that Joel was watching the documentary itself prior to everything changing 🤣))

    For those interested, I've linked the segment below so there you go. Thanks for listening to my ramble.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XuKjBIBBAL8

    submitted by /u/emperorjohnacus
    [link] [comments]

    Is the game not available for anyone else?

    Posted: 24 May 2020 05:45 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment