• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 5, 2020

    The Last of Us | 45 days guys

    The Last of Us | 45 days guys


    45 days guys

    Posted: 04 May 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    This poor man.

    Posted: 04 May 2020 06:24 PM PDT

    Just a few more weeks...

    Posted: 04 May 2020 05:02 AM PDT

    Last of us part 2 has gone gold.

    Posted: 04 May 2020 09:29 AM PDT

    Not being able to share our excitement really sucks. Just another thing the leaks have robbed us of. Also, when Neil says “we’ll have a lot more for you real soon” I think he means another trailer possibly this week!

    Posted: 04 May 2020 02:30 PM PDT

    Can't wait to discuss this game with all of you! ❤️

    submitted by /u/VerminSC
    [link] [comments]

    I feel really bad for Neil and the Devs at Naughty Dog

    Posted: 04 May 2020 06:31 PM PDT

    This whole situation has been a shit storm. All these people put their blood, sweat and tears into this game for several years and what have the been getting in return? Fucking unreasonable hate. I saw Neil's heartfelt video on the game going gold on Instagram and I could see the sadness in his eyes. I later went to the same YouTube video and felt really bad after seeing the dislikes. What did this man do to gain such hate? You guys do remember he did bring us the first game right? If you are choosing to love the first game with all you heart then why do the opposite for the second game? It's the same goddamn writer and he can tailor his story how ever the fuck he wants to. It's so fucking stupid how a bunch of kids get all riled up just because of an LGBTQ character in a game. Go play the 'Left Behind' DLC please. Ellie didn't magically become gay. Thats not how being a homosexual works, you aren't given a choice. It sucks that the game got leaked. Before the leaks people were so desperate for the game, that once it got delayed, everyone started throwing shade to ND and Sony. What is wrong with you people? Now that we finally have a release date, the devs get nothing but hate in return. No one remembers this was the most anticipated game for several years. Just imagine being in Neil or any of the devs shoes. You've released TLOU, a brand new IP, and to your surprise it became a massive success. Now you carry this immense burden and pressure to recreate a similar art, so you start working on it and try not to disappoint anyone. It's been several years and your game launches in a couple of weeks. You are nervous as hell but also excited. But then... your game gets leaked. People start hating your game before it's even out. You have nothing to look forward to now.

    Everyone behind this game is an actual living person with feelings. Please stop being so fucking insensitive. You don't have to buy the game if you don't want to but stop hurting others and spreading hate. If you've been spoiled you have no reason to spoil it for others. I have been spoiled but I don't give a fuck because I have waited years for this and 1 spoiler won't ruin it for me.

    To Neil and all the Devs, I'm really sorry for all this hate being thrown at you guys. Most of us here are eagerly waiting for your craft. I'm sure your hard-work won't go unnoticed. This game's theme is about hate and it is already bringing out the worst in everyone. Please do not lose hope and thank you for everything. Can't wait to see where Ellie's and Joel's journey takes us.

    It can't be for nothing.

    submitted by /u/aUniqueUsername009
    [link] [comments]

    Naughty Dog’s latest Instagram post made me emotional!

    Posted: 04 May 2020 09:47 AM PDT

    So many people contributed to this game in all aspects as Neil described (story, gameplay, characters, level design) and it's been such a creative and hugely ambitious title.

    I think I'm just emotional because we're single digit weeks away from experiencing this and it's now feeling so real - and no matter what side of the fence you're on, it's the journey that matters.

    I'm so excited!!!

    submitted by /u/savrose28
    [link] [comments]

    To Neil and other devs

    Posted: 04 May 2020 03:25 PM PDT

    If some of them are reading this subreddit which is (probably?) possible

    I've just watched Neil's video on Instagram, and have to admit that despite this being some good news, Neil looked kinda upset and frustrated a little bit. And this is totally understandable given the circumstances (not only the leaks but coronavirus as well), probably the entire team has lost the will to celebrate though they totally deserve a party.

    So if you guys are somehow reading this - I want to send you some good vibes and say that I totally believe in you and your game. I've seen the leaks (ha-ha, guilty...) and I can't wait to see how this story plays out. The game looks abesolutely amazing and it is still my most anticipated game of this year. I guess lots of people would tell you the same thing. Greetings from the land of matryoshkas.

    submitted by /u/Jafes2011
    [link] [comments]

    Alright, let’s do this one last time

    Posted: 04 May 2020 08:14 PM PDT

    My thoughts on Neil Druckman

    Posted: 04 May 2020 10:58 AM PDT

    We have gotten the incredible and very exciting news that the last of us part II has now gone gold. Just to be clear I was going to buy the game anyways even after being spoiled but when I heard what Neil said on this project I have to say that I have complete faith in that man. I hope that this game pays off and turns out to be the masterpiece they want it to be. Just a few more weeks to go. Endure and survive my friends. This game will go down in history

    submitted by /u/Chrisbolts
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILERS] for P1. Just a little reminder regarding The Fireflies and their goal at the end of P1, because tons of lies are being spread right now.

    Posted: 04 May 2020 11:35 PM PDT

    We've seen it all, at this point. There's an insane number of people that believe it was meant to be a vaccine (I am guilty of this), that the Fireflies had already tested immune patients, that the Fireflies didn't think they had a chance at getting a cure, that they were too ill-equipped or dumb to get a cure in the first place, that they were immoral and didn't care about Ellie.

    Most of these are untrue, with the only ones being that the doctor at the university thought it was a waste of time because he hadn't known about Ellie being immune, and the head surgeon being quick to his moral decision due to his more utilitarian leanings.

    So, as proof of those, here are the transcripts of the recordings that are found in the hospital.

    MARLENE:

    Marlene recording 1 "It's five thirty pm on April 28th. I just finished speaking... heh.. more like yelling at our head surgeon. Apparently there's no way to extricate the parasite without eliminating the host. Fancy way of saying we've got to kill the fucking kid. And now they're asking for my go ahead. The tests just keep getting harder and harder don't they. I'm so tired... I'm exhausted... and I just want this to end... So be it.."

    Marlene recording 2 "Hey Anna. It's been awhile since we spoke. I um.. I just gave the OK to precede with the surgery. I really doubt I had much of a choice. Asking you is more of a formality. I need you to know that I've kept my promise all these years. Despite everything that I'm in charge of, I looked after her. I would have done anything for her and at times… Here's a chance to save us. All of us. This is what we were after. What you were after. They asked me to kill the smuggler. I'm not about to kill the one man in this facility who understands the wait of this choice. Maybe he can forgive me. Oh I miss you Anna. You're daughter will be with you soon. "

    SURGEON:

    Surgeon's recording "April 28th. Marlene was right. The girl's infection is like nothing I've ever seen. The cause of her immunity is uncertain. As we've seen in all past cases, the antigenic titers of the patient's Cordyceps remain high in both the serum and the cerebrospinal fluid. Blood cultures taken from the patient rapidly grow Cordyceps in fungal-media in the lab... however white blood cell lines, including percentages and absolute-counts, are completely normal. There is no elevation of pro-inflammatory cytokines, and an MRI of the brain shows no evidence of fungal-growth in the limbic regions, which would normally accompany the prodrome of aggression in infected patients. We must find a way to replicate this state under laboratory conditions. We're about to hit a milestone in human history equal to the discovery of penicillin. After years of wandering in circles we're about to come home, make a difference, and bring the human race back in control of its own destiny. All of our sacrifices and the hundreds of men and women who've bled for this cause, or worse, will not be in vain."

    Forgive some typos, I copied this from a forum and verified it from videos. Point is, we can tell the Fireflies are well equipped to find a cure, and that it wouldn't be a vaccine due to there being no immune response to the fungus whatsoever in Ellie, meaning the mode of immunity actually has to do with her nervous system. It's clear that when blood samples are taken from her body, the fungus begins to grow when cultured, meaning the inhibition of it's growth within her body is not in her blood. It's also made clear by the doctor that once they find the cause of her immunity, they should be able to replicate it in the lab.

    This is important, because it means the Fireflies are under the impression that they absolutely will find a cure through Ellie. This makes the morality of their decision much more complex than "ooh they're the villains they want to kill Ellie". This is compounded by Marlene's own log, where she talks to Anna and infers that she has committed atrocities just like Joel has to save Ellie's life, and that she was extremely torn between whether Anna would have wanted this. She also chooses to spare Joel, because she's been exactly where he is in protecting Ellie, and she thinks they can unite once the deed is done.

    What makes this reminder explicitly necessary, however, is that people are using the Fireflies' decisions - or, rather, what they perceive as their decisions - under these false assumptions of intention and knowledge to justify Joel's own actions. I've been spoiled, so don't go through my history, but know that I've gotten into many, many arguments with both civil and uncivil people that range from justifying Joel's actions by saying the Fireflies are below him to saying his morals are right and theirs are wrong period. So I want to clear this up because it's been a hot topic of debate for years at this point: Joel was never a hero, and he was never a good man. He has admitted to being the exact type of bandit we kill hundreds of times over within the game, in fact. Joel is a deeply flawed man who just wants to save his newfound daughter. Joel at the beginning would have easily let Ellie die to save humanity. We are purposefully put into compromised moral positions where we see the absolute worst parts of humanity so that, when we kill those doctors, we want to. That doesn't stop the moral from existing though: Joel and the Fireflies are both villains to eachother, and they are each right for the reasons the other is wrong. The Last of Us is a game about how there aren't villains, just humans coming from different perspectives, and how sometimes the most egregious of acts can be done and still be justified. The issue is, people want to completely discount justifications for the Fireflies' acts, and in doing so, they warp the original messages and intents of the game to the point that entire lies are perpetuated within the community, vastly compromising how one views pretty much the entirety of the main themes.

    Stay safe and close your inboxes, y'all!

    submitted by /u/El_Chapos_Cousin
    [link] [comments]

    I just have to say something...

    Posted: 04 May 2020 12:05 PM PDT

    I saw/read the leaks. Don't worry, I won't spoil anything or say anything to do with the plot details. AT ALL.

    I spent some time looking at Twitter comments on Neil's page, and I'm just kind of perplexed. I feel like we live in a time of cancel culture and overreaction. The first game was an experience for me, it shook me to my core. It blurred the lines of heroes and villains. It took turns that left me speechless. TLoU is a game about loss, grief, depression, and anger. It's not a sweet, perfect little happy story tied together with a pretty bow, it's downright haunting. I feel like people get so firmly planted in their own head cannon, that they just can't accept being told original stories anymore. Everything has to be an "agenda". Everyone is just looking for something to be pissed about and it's so easy to hide behind the internet and spew venom at anyone and everyone that you don't agree with. I believe some weak-minded, ignorant players will boycott the game without experiencing it for themselves, and hey, that's fine.

    What I know, is that I'm going to play the game myself and see how everything I've seen plays out within the context of the finished product and form my own opinion. If I don't like it, well that's disappointing, but at least I'll have given it a chance after the first game cemented a place in my heart. I'm looking forward to June. Hope you all are too.

    submitted by /u/ProfessorPancakes917
    [link] [comments]

    Right now, as you read this, it’s possible that your own copy of The Last of Us Part II is being created.

    Posted: 04 May 2020 03:22 PM PDT

    It finally feels real :). After years on anxiety and worry of whether or not I'll like the game, I finally feel at peace. Neil's words earlier were wonderful and if they believe in this game SO much, I trust them. I also want to play my part in thanking the mods. I'm so sorry you guys have gotten plot points spoiled but all of us survivors will have a great experience because of you. No more delays. <7 weeks. We got this.

    submitted by /u/Astarkw1
    [link] [comments]

    Do not believe the leaks, the footage was from an EARLY BUILD of the game.

    Posted: 04 May 2020 10:26 PM PDT

    UPDATES ON THE LAST OF US 2

    1. It has been confirmed that the leaks were given out by hackers and not a disgruntled employee of Sony or Naughty Dog.

    2. Naughty Dog has infact extended the wages and healthcare benefits of their employees due to COVID-19.

    3. The hackers released sets of footage from a very early build of the game by somehow bypassing a vulnerability in the security system of ND, the early build of the game is literally years old and things have changed in the final game according to director Neil Druckmann

    4. Druckmann added that the game is ready to be printed on discs and (as it would be unprofessional to say that the things in the leaks aren't true and all) he said that things are different in the game and the early footage was meant to be test footage and cutscenes for the devs.

    Hope is not lost

    For more watch this video from a fellow youtuber( I do not own this channel): https://youtu.be/K7jOgwBqbaM

    submitted by /u/StaffordJS
    [link] [comments]

    (no spoilers) A narrative isn't always meant to make you feel comfortable... And that's okay

    Posted: 04 May 2020 10:25 AM PDT

    I know comments are disabled, but I want to give my two cents about some recent controversies surrounding the story.

    I've seen a lot people hate on the story of part 2 based on the leaks, and I think people are being way too quick to judge a 40 hour game. I feel like people are forgetting the world in which The Last Of Us takes place in; a world where cruelty reigns, a world where the bad guys often come out on top - it's very cruel and unforgiving and you need to lose a part of yourself if you want to survive.

    Is the game/story beautiful? Yes absolutely, the themes of nature reclaiming the earth, as well as the relationships between the characters... It's very bittersweet.

    The first game is in an exploration into what you would do for love, with the climax being that Joel would put his love for Ellie before the needs for the human race. In my opinion this is brilliant storytelling; the game forces you as the player to grapple with the brutal implications of making such a selfish decision.

    I'm not sure about you guys but that whole part made me feel incredibly uncomfortable, and I've never had that experience from any other game. With the announcement of Part 2; I knew this wasn't just going to be a typical sequel like halo 2, mass effect 2, uncharted 2 , where the game doubles down on its action/set-pieces. I believe there is a different story to tell, one which explores the human condition, the futility of hate and how it affects us.

    With the sequel focusing on the theme of hate, I just know it's going to break us... And I can't wait.

    Anyone remember the earlier seasons of game of thrones? How certain moments would leave you shaking and feeling heartbroken? While certain plot point may not be as exciting as we would like, the context/execution is what makes it feel like a knife in your gut.

    I think we should all try to remember just what sort of world the last of us takes place in: it's cruel, unforgiving and not even the characters we love are heroes.

    TL;DR

    A story which makes you feel uncomfortable doesn't mean it's bad - execution is key

    submitted by /u/Seraph_Audio
    [link] [comments]

    Just Play The Game

    Posted: 04 May 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    Okay so I have had the game spoiled for me and as far as I'm concerned from the cliff notes and very brief clips I've seen I don't like the approach the games taking. BUT It's not in full context, keep in mind about 1 hour 45 minutes have been spoiled and yes the parts of it that have been spoiled are huge, but this game is speculated to be 20-30 hours. That literally makes up for such a small fraction of the game and yes again I understand all the big stuff has been spoiled but all the stuff in between matters a lot too for how u feel when reaching a certain moment. I'm not saying u should love or hate this game but what I am saying is you should atleast do the team at naughty dog the respect to just wait for the game to come out before u outright say it's awful and you hate it. And just the sheer amount of awful things being said about naughty dog and Neil Druckman is completely stupid. Just because u disagree with someone's vision doesn't mean u gotta be edgy on twitter for some big boy points. (Not talking about the people with just opinionated criticism, I'm talking about the people attacking him instead of making a genuine argument) Anyway sorry to have bored you guys and I really hope each of u have the opportunity to make a opinion of the game for yourself. Thanks 🙏

    submitted by /u/RllyLudamus
    [link] [comments]

    Cabbage clicker, just because I was bored

    Posted: 04 May 2020 01:45 PM PDT

    The difference between the Haters and the ones still eagerly waiting for the game.

    Posted: 04 May 2020 10:37 PM PDT

    Hopefully this doesn't get into spoil territory, but I believe the main difference is that the Haters expected a game which follows a video game/fictional sequel that isn't grounded in reality. They want a game that meets their expectations

    On the other hand, people who still want to play despite the leaks are grounded in reality. They realize the context and setting of the last of us and understand that the game is a peek into a fictional world that is based on very real things. They want to play the game and understand character motivations and why things were brought together the way they were.

    I'm in the second group... Which group are you in?

    submitted by /u/Capudog
    [link] [comments]

    Stop pretending like people arent being hateful to LGBT folks while trying to bash the game.

    Posted: 04 May 2020 07:53 AM PDT

    The amount of people I've seen across social media be so xenophobic about the characters in this game is atrocious. But the people spouting "stop labeling all the people who hate the leaked story as homophobic, we have legitimate concerns" Is arguably worse. It's not the responsibility of the people who want to be excited about this game and dont hate minorities to sparse through the dredge of horrible shit being spread around to find maybe a level headed person with something worth saying.

    Maybe instead of you condemning those who wont/cant do that, you condemn the ones acutally being hateful. Call them out. "Hey, I dont like the games story either, but that's a shitty joke to make."

    You're being complicit in their hate if you support it just because you agree with the sentiment that the game isnt good.

    submitted by /u/SevereOnion
    [link] [comments]

    I don’t know about you guys...

    Posted: 05 May 2020 01:38 AM PDT

    I'm really freakin excited about this game. We're in for a phenomenal experience.

    submitted by /u/shadowvanilla
    [link] [comments]

    Should I play the last of us 1 before 2?

    Posted: 04 May 2020 07:00 PM PDT

    Hi guys,

    How much will it matter in this regard? I got some way through the last of us one so know some of the story but the graphics felt a bit outdated for me. The last of us 2 looks amazing in graphics and gameplay sense so it interests me but story-wise is it essential to finish the first?

    thanks!

    submitted by /u/bakedkiwii
    [link] [comments]

    [NO SPOILERS] It's been an unusual week for this subreddit to say the least. So for anyone out there that, like me, loves to rewatch trailers, we've compiled all TLOU trailers and embedded them into this article so you don't have to leave to watch them. Hope this helps!

    Posted: 04 May 2020 07:16 AM PDT

    The Hotel Grand: West Tower B1

    Posted: 04 May 2020 10:28 AM PDT

    Is This The End of 6yr+ Development Cycles?

    Posted: 04 May 2020 03:50 PM PDT

    We've heard this from Rockstar Games as well - the desire for shorter development cycles. There's risk to paying studios competitively for a product that may or may not be a hit - especially if you take risks (ex New IP). Games only sell for $60 for a handful of months, so timing and market forces can have a huge impact. As Sony/ND can attest, there's a lot that can go wrong that's out of anyone's control (a real pandemic, leaks, delays, recessions, competition at release, a new console, etc).

    I think ND has a lot of secrets and surprises for us all in TLOU2, and I honestly can't wait to experience them. But it was a long wait, and a shame to see so many negative forces right at the end.

    Which makes me ask. Will we continue to see companies take a risk on such a long development cycles? Will we look back at 2020 as a the end of this hayday?

    submitted by /u/ralphplatt
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment