• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 6, 2020

    The Last of Us | He has spoken

    The Last of Us | He has spoken


    He has spoken

    Posted: 05 May 2020 12:38 PM PDT

    Old habits

    Posted: 05 May 2020 03:09 PM PDT

    Trailer coming tomorrow. 7am PT. Fucking finally.

    Posted: 05 May 2020 07:17 AM PDT

    This NPC died looking straight PISSED.

    Posted: 05 May 2020 10:33 AM PDT

    Why Positivity In This Sub Is Necessary

    Posted: 05 May 2020 03:00 PM PDT

    Quite a few people in this sub have started posting stuff saying that people here are too positive and are not taking any criticism into perspective. But there is an extremely important reason for this.

    We need to understand that every part of the internet whether it be instagram, twitter, youtube or whatever, nobody is being positive.

    Whenever you search The Last Of Us Part 2 on youtube, you are spammed with titles such as "The Leaks Saved Me $60" or "This Game Is Going To Fail" and its these titles that make people view this game way worse than it actually is going to be.

    This Sub (at least what i have seen) is the only place where people are happy and excited about getting and playing the game and we need this.

    We already know that the trailer releasing tomorrow is going to get spammed with dislikes but we need to stay positive and have faith in Naughty Dog and Neil and the entire team.

    We need to believe that this game may be very good or it could be very bad, but we need to see it for ourselves and optimism until June 19 is the best way out.

    Endure And Survive

    (By the way, don't think you can spoil me. I already have read everything.)

    submitted by /u/AkuVan
    [link] [comments]

    Some Reassurance Regarding "The Last of Us Part II"'s Predicted Quality

    Posted: 06 May 2020 12:04 AM PDT

    I actively sought out details about the leak because I like to be let down easily. If everyone's raising a stink about something, that generally means that something is highly controversial. I personally like to know about these controversial plot developments so I don't have any expectations that are destined to get sucker-punched. I hate it when curveballs leave a bitter taste in my mouth. That's just the way I am, and I am willing to sacrifice a 100% blind experience to protect myself from these kinds of situations. Anyhow, after informing myself on the details of the leak, I am pleased to say I am very excited to see how everything plays out. However, I advise you to not go into the game with any expectations, as they will likely be subverted. The most I will say on the matter is this: this game will be dark, and it is not what you likely expect it to be.

    I'm not here to talk about the leak itself. I am here to talk about the nuclear fallout that is now "The Last of Us Part II"'s online discourse. Commentators and headlines all over social media platforms, YouTube especially, bombastically claim this game is the product of shoddy or agenda-driven writing. Some even claim it will be so bad it will ruin the original! As a passionate writer who sees the art of storytelling as one of the most enriching aspects of the human experience, these ignorantly inaccurate accusations make my eyes roll into the back of my head. If your confidence in the story's quality is waning thanks to the discourse, I'm here to put that uneasiness to rest. Let's go through the most prominent claims I've heard so far:

    1. It is tonally inconsistent with the previous game.

    This is not the case. An excellent example of tonal inconsistency would be the final level of this year's "Final Fantasy VII Remake", an otherwise excellent game that was more than worth the six years I spent waiting for it. In the final chapter of "Final Fantasy VII Remake",it is revealed that the original "Final Fantasy VII" occurred in a parallel universe, and it now falls upon the main characters to defy destiny to prevent events that occur in the original 1997 game, such as Aerith's untimely demise at the hands of Sephiroth. The theme of multiverses/time travel is incompatible with the core themes of "Final Fantasy VII" (environmentalism, coping with the death of loved ones, and identity), which "Final Fantasy VII Remake" faithfully recreated before the final chapter. That is what tonal inconsistency looks like, and I can confidently say that, judging by the information we have so far, "The Last of Us II" maintains its predecessor's brooding themes of loss, grief, and the mercilessness of its post-apocalyptic world.

    2. It is incoherent.

    This one in particular was quite the head-scratcher, and it leaves me with no choice but to assume the word "incoherent" was wielded as a buzzword by people who don't understand what it means. An incoherent story is one that is difficult to follow or understand, usually thanks to plot holes or inconsistencies. The "Kingdom Hearts" narrative is my favorite example of an incoherent story, seeing that it is full of confusing elements and events that are poorly explained. The narrative of "The Last of Us Part II", as it is currently understood, is straightforward and easy to follow.

    3. It is primarily written to fulfill a political agenda, as its LGBT themes usurp its core narrative.

    As far as I can tell, this is not the case. With this game's story being written by progressives, it is unsurprising to see "The Last of Us Part II" contains LGBT themes and characters, but the core theme is the cyclical nature of revenge. The LGBT themes play into that theme, not the other way around. If you believe this is evidence of a malicious political agenda (or even worse: see this as a bad thing), I have nothing for you but my middle finger.

    4. It reads like Tumblr fanfiction.

    This criticism frustratingly equates fanfiction with poor writing, but I won't go into that topic for the sake of keeping this post on track. Anyhow, when you summarize crucial story beats down to brief sentences, of course the story is going to sound like it was written by amateurs. We will have no choice but to wait until we actually get the game before we can begin to liken its story to unprofessional internet literature, as proper pacing, characterization, worldbuilding, and consistency can turn any premise into a masterpiece. Once again, a word in this criticism (namely "fanfiction") has been evoked and thrown around like a buzzword, seldomly understood by the person using it. As a side note, I've also noticed that this conflation is commonly made alongside Point 3, even when other pieces of media are being discussed. I assume this is primarily because fanfiction is (in?)famous for historically shoehorning LGBT themes into stories that involve franchises that contain no such themes. With LGBT themes becoming more accepted in modern media, one's insistence that the inclusion of LGBT themes is "fanfictiony" likely hints at their outdated perception of (and potentially attitude toward) LGBT people's place in storytelling.

    It should go without saying that there is going to be a chance this game is indeed hot garbage–there's always going to be that chance. But it wouldn't be because of what got revealed in this leak. Assertions that proclaim otherwise are typically not based on an informed grasp of how to properly structure, pace, and tell a story. The majority, if not all, of these claims are fueled purely by emotional (or political) outrage. Now, do I blame those who are emotionally outraged? Not at all. Despite the open-minded positivity in this subreddit, I am confident there will still be many spoiler-virgins who won't be happy with the game due to its controversial narrative direction. Thanks to the leaks, some people have just been finding that out sooner, and as I said before... it's fine to have that emotional reaction. But does that make this story bad? It's still too soon to decide upon that as a collective, but so far, there have been no concrete signs of inexperienced/poor writing. I hope this will put some concerns to rest around here.

    submitted by /u/Merfond
    [link] [comments]

    (No Spoilers) this whole leak thing reminded me of what jaiden animations said.

    Posted: 05 May 2020 08:47 PM PDT

    The moment when you freeze into photo mode when the clicker runs right into that nail bomb is just glorious. Look at those gorgeous visuals, people. Not gonna lie, this game is beautiful even 7 years later.

    Posted: 05 May 2020 04:34 PM PDT

    Let's show our support tomorrow!

    Posted: 05 May 2020 09:20 AM PDT

    Neil's message that the game has officially gone gold was dislike bombed on YouTube. Chances are the same thing will happen when the new trailer comes out tomorrow. Let's make sure if that happens we show ND some support and kind words, show them that the angriest voices are the minority.

    submitted by /u/Seductive__Moose
    [link] [comments]

    Neil’s video is getting mass-downvoted on YouTube. These people really don’t have anything better to do, huh?

    Posted: 05 May 2020 02:29 AM PDT

    I feel bad for all the people involved in the game, maybe we should send them some love? :(

    Posted: 05 May 2020 05:18 PM PDT

    I just feel really bad. This is a game that's been in development for years, which means a lot of people (I think it would be 100+?) have spent a lot of time and effort on this game. And now all of their hard work is being shat on due to an hour of leaks from what is probably a 20-hour game. There are people constantly discrediting all of their hard effort from what was put into giving us the best they could offer. They don't deserve having all of these people not just trash-talk the game, but also actively share around the leaks to the point they're purposely spoiling it for other people and trying to bring the excitement for it down.

    They deserve better, regardless on whether or not you like what was leaked :(

    submitted by /u/FAT-PUSSY-LIKE-SANTA
    [link] [comments]

    I have hundreds of photos from my play throughs. I looked through them recently. This is one of my favourites.

    Posted: 05 May 2020 02:25 PM PDT

    Kinda disspointed in the community tbh:/

    Posted: 05 May 2020 03:52 PM PDT

    For anyone that has read the leaks or had it spoiled for them by someone else consider this (NO SPOILERS FOR PART 2)

    Posted: 05 May 2020 07:01 PM PDT

    When the first game came out initially on the PS3 I couldn't actually afford to buy it. I was so excited for the game though and couldn't help but watch a full play through for it on YouTube.

    When I was finally able to play the first game I knew every single thing that happened in it. Despite this actually experiencing it for myself first hand the game became my favourite piece of fiction of all time.

    So if you've read a few bullet points about the story in Part 2 try not to stress over it ruining your experience.

    As Neil said in his recent video "It's a video game. You have to play it."

    submitted by /u/HWFG21
    [link] [comments]

    New trailer tomorrow

    Posted: 05 May 2020 02:29 PM PDT

    I saw the post from Naughty Dog on Instagram with 05.06.20 in the caption and the video and my european brain thought we have to wait another month until I checked this sub.😅😂

    I am so glad we see something new tomorrow.

    submitted by /u/wearethewildyouth
    [link] [comments]

    Clearing the air about the spoilers

    Posted: 05 May 2020 10:41 PM PDT

    The dev kits's time of "April 2020" is easily explained as devkits record the time the footage was taken, not when it was recorded. The leakers we're hackers, not tired workers. The leaks may be true, but we will find out in June. Stay safe everyone and don't believe everything you hear on the internet!

    submitted by /u/HardCash2019
    [link] [comments]

    Go and give this video a huge LIKE. The losers at 4chan raided the video giving it dislikes.

    Posted: 05 May 2020 02:32 AM PDT

    The Last of Us has some pretty damn cool movie posters

    Posted: 05 May 2020 11:06 PM PDT

    (Part 1 spoilers only) Joel's choice was 100% morally right for one reason

    Posted: 05 May 2020 01:04 PM PDT

    CONSENT.

    And no one talks about it.

    It's not about whether the Fireflies could make a vaccine or a cure, whether Joel was selfishly putting his love for Ellie over the good of mankind, or anything else. The fact is that the Fireflies never asked for Ellie's consent (and even if they had, the medical ethics of asking a minor to let doctors kill her are BEYOND iffy). Marlene could only assume that Ellie would've wanted to sacrifice herself, but she never let Ellie make that choice. What was about to happen was MURDER, not self-sacrifice.

    If they had let Ellie have a choice, perhaps Joel would've been justified in saving her, perhaps not. But since Ellie was given no choice, Joel was 100% justified.

    submitted by /u/tlou-throwaway-9384
    [link] [comments]

    Troy Baker just tweeted this

    Posted: 05 May 2020 12:29 PM PDT

    "Posting this because I want to. Because I believe in this team. Because I've waited six years to experience this story as it was intended. Because you might think you know. But you don't. Because I'm proud of this game. Because I chose to be a part of it. Because I AM Joel."

    Interesting. That part whwre he says "because you might think you know, but you don't". Especially that.

    submitted by /u/gentblaugrana
    [link] [comments]

    Spoilers for left behind dlc kinda

    Posted: 05 May 2020 09:32 PM PDT

    I can't understand why all this hate for Ellie being a lesbian is a thing now because she has always been lesbian it's not like Neil went to work on pt2 and was like well let's make her lesbian because we need a gimmick. ND and Neil don't need gimmicks because they make some of the most popular games of all time and it makes me so mad when people put all this judgement on the internet without even thinking about it and ruin a 7 year development cycle for these devs even though they have no idea what the actual game will be like. And when it is a 99 on metacritic they will all crawl back to their platforms and talk about how amazing it is

    Can we just send some love as a subreddit to ND and show them that not everyone has lost the hype

    Special thanks to the mods for being absolutely legendary even if it means getting spoiled by removing all these idiots who are trying to spoil the games comments.

    submitted by /u/Kaden2525
    [link] [comments]

    Trailer is coming at a good time - for me anyway!

    Posted: 05 May 2020 08:26 PM PDT

    I am so glad to see a trailer coming out. Waiting for this game has been quite a journey, and I haven't been waiting anywhere near as long as some! I have been finding it hard to resist the leaks as I usually consume everything available while waiting for a game. Prior to this I had been watching plenty of youtube videos and articles about the upcoming game and now I have everything blocked. So this is great timing to keep my hype up without giving in and risking spoilers.

    So far I have managed to avoid everything except for maybe one plot point. Thank you for this sub for allowing me that option, if I hadn't stumbled across this a couple of months ago, I no doubt would have seen everything.

    Also, regarding the comments back and forth regarding negativity vs positivity, they are kind of redundant for someone like myself who hasn't seen the leaks. I can only talk about the official trailers, in which there isn't very much to go off. Taking in view points about the leaks is silly as I can't make my own judgements. I remain excited for the game as I love the first one and I hope it will be great. That's about as far as I can go. I appreciate the hope and good thoughts on here as the people on here are fans and love the first game. I would be surprised if I saw much different.

    Enjoy the trailer! I have to wait an extra night to see it as I believe it comes out at midnight where I live :(

    submitted by /u/AliLivin
    [link] [comments]

    You guys should start taking some criticism into consideration *NO SPOILERS*

    Posted: 05 May 2020 02:29 PM PDT

    This post is not meant to put anyone down or try and kill your hype for the game. It's not meant to try and convince you not to support this "agenda crap" or whatever the popular term is used for the game now. It's just an attempt at an objective look on the entire situation.

    When this whole mess started this sub went from a supportive one, that tried making sense of everything and providing comfort to those that were spoiled, to a sub that only responds to positive posts and ignores any criticism, no matter how valid.

    So you guys might want to take a step back and look at some of the criticism. Not all of it is blind hate. Chances are, the game might not live up to your expectations and ND might make wrong decisions. I've seen posts that state the OP can't wait for haters to be proven wrong. But there is a possibility that the fanbase in general, not just blind haters, won't respond well.

    So please, try and look at it objectively. Don't spurn valid, constructive opinions because they're not what you want to hear. When the sub opens, allowing good discussions can only do good for both the game and ND. So go ahead, buy the game and enjoy it, just take into consideration that not everyone will and they might not be blind haters, just concerned fans.

    P.S.

    In case you're wondering about how I'll handle this; I haven't read the full spoilers but had a few things spoiled for me. I have a pretty good idea of why people are pissed but that, for now, is just my theory. Yet, I'm buying the game on day 1. Why? Because I want to experience it for myself and not through reddit posts of people claiming it sucks or it's the best thing ever. But I am fully aware that the game might have issues.

    submitted by /u/LT_Snaker
    [link] [comments]

    Isnt it funny how Part 2 is about the Circle of hate and these hateful people just proving Neil's directional point??

    Posted: 05 May 2020 08:33 AM PDT

    Im sure the story will reflect whats happening now. The endless hate circulating ignoring all the other path you can take.

    im really interested in the story. Even if it partially spoiled for me. Whats the motivation? is there any other way than hate ? Can hate blind us to every other option?

    isnt it ironic?

    submitted by /u/Zozy90
    [link] [comments]

    Friendly reminder that Pt2 is in the top 3 Best Selling games of Amazon in most (if not all) countries despite all the negativity.

    Posted: 05 May 2020 07:34 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment