• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 7, 2020

    The Last of Us | The Last of Us Part II - Official Story Trailer | PS4

    The Last of Us | The Last of Us Part II - Official Story Trailer | PS4


    The Last of Us Part II - Official Story Trailer | PS4

    Posted: 06 May 2020 07:01 AM PDT

    I hope Ashley Johnson is ok

    Posted: 06 May 2020 02:59 PM PDT

    I realised I hadn't seen much activity on her socials in regards to Part II - no sharing or RTs etc. Which normally I would put down to perhaps she's got other projects and I appreciate at the moment dealing with lockdown etc.

    But I know TLOU is extremely special to her. She's spoken very publicly and passionately about these games and her character. It's her baby, if you will.

    I don't know. I'm probably reading into it, I just find it a lil odd she hasn't even shared anything and it makes me wonder if she's just been put off posting anything due to receiving cruel comments.

    Either way, I just hope she's ok. Hope the devs are ok. Can't imagine what that level of hate (especially on a project you've put your life into for years) can do to your MH.

    submitted by /u/savrose28
    [link] [comments]

    Gustavo said it, it must be true!

    Posted: 06 May 2020 09:01 PM PDT

    Reminder of what to expect when going into TLOU Part II: Neil Druckmann has said himself isn’t supposed to be fun. It’s going for a statement. There are going to be parts that are purposely going to repulse you and you aren’t going to enjoy them, but it’s supposed to in order to leave an impact.

    Posted: 06 May 2020 02:45 PM PDT

    As they said, we can see that there is no safe room in this game, or at least not many of them. So, unlike the first game, even when you are upgrading your weapons on the upgrading table somebody can attack you from behind(look at this photo)(NO SPOILERS)

    Posted: 06 May 2020 05:45 PM PDT

    The leakers are afraid of losing their base.

    Posted: 06 May 2020 05:24 PM PDT

    I heard in an earlier post about how a few people are saying things like "Don't let the trailer persuade you to buy the game!" Or "Leave a dislike, but don't watch the trailer." I'll admit that a part of me was hurt by this before I realized: they are scared of losing their base. The majority of people hating on the game aren't heartless assholes that just want to ruin the game for everyone, they are fans who have been hurt and misled by the semi-accurate, but severely biased plot summary. Those who do want to ruin the game are seeing people regain their faith in naughty dog, and don't like it. They are trying to keep people from watching the trailer to keep their ideas believable. The fact is that this game looks incredible. There is no real reason to think that it will be bad. Of course it could be, (anything could), but we have very little evidence of that. These guys had a grip on the community for a week, but it's almost over. That isn't to say that they are done trying to ruin the game. I'm only saying that they can't convince most people that it will be bad anymore. They also are unable to spoil or harass most fans anymore, because the majority of fans have protected themselves. They will likely resort to other methods.

    submitted by /u/shadowvanilla
    [link] [comments]

    No matter how the game turns out, a lot of people are very delusional

    Posted: 06 May 2020 01:38 PM PDT

    First of we dont know if the game is gonna be good or bad, there are some good opinions out there

    But the amount of people who are absolutely delusional here is off the charts. YES the comments are gonna be disabled, there are people actively trying to leak the game to others, who in their right minds really thinks Sony would want people getting leaked. Fucking of course they are gonna get rid of comments. And its not limiting the discussion, or trying to shut down the criticism, any company wouldn't want their comment section to be filled with toxic assholes trying to spoil a game that isn't released.

    Likes are disabled too, but there is litteraly a whole motion who is preaching people dislike the game. There are posts saying "don't let the trailer persuade you to buy the game" and shit like "don't watch the trailer, just go dislike it". Its ok thing to have a discussion about the game, or make memes, but its something else to just go out of your way to see it fail. Its like all these "fans" of the first game really want to see the second one flop.

    People posting the leaks on youtube and getting copyright strikes, and then coming on reddit and saying how "Fucking Sony is keeping us from voicing out opinions". No sony is trying to get rid of leaks to their most hyped game, something any company would do.

    There are so many masterminds who think they are smarter then Jason Schreier, and who have the whole situation at ND figured out, like they worked there their whole life. People are still clinging on to the idea that ND employees aren't paid and that they deserve what's coming to them (even though its been said many times thats not the case), but then proceed to shit on the game they spent 7 years creating. People telling Neil to "pay their employees" like he's an all mighty CEO of the company, not just a VP who made the game.

    Also its so funny how if there weren't any leaks and the trailer dropped it would have been marketing, but since there are leaks, all of a sudden its damage control. This is one of sonys biggest games of all time, them trying to advertise it, is not damage control.

    Also people hating on guys like Tajae and other who are optimistic about the game, but getting extremely defensive when someone criticizes them. You made up your opinion and thats fine, but don't try to go out of your way to shit on others. Does it really make you feel superior to call anyone who doesn't agree with you retards and want to see them dissapointed ?

    I think discussing the game is important and voicing opinions is key, but there is a fine line between voicing opinions and starting a toxic hate movement that tries to ruin the game for everyone.

    submitted by /u/Elkuscha
    [link] [comments]

    This scene from the new story trailer hit me right in the feels :')

    Posted: 06 May 2020 10:34 AM PDT

    The last line from the trailer sets the whole theme of the game.

    Posted: 06 May 2020 11:24 PM PDT

    We couldve killed you!

    "Maybe you should have"

    so i didnt read any spoilers, but this one line here sets the theme of the game, the endless circle of hate. You should end it by stopping me because i cant stop my self.

    Ellie will lose control. This gonna be dark AF. You should be open to everything, remember there are NO heroes in this world and the game will challenge you.

    Fucking hell cant wait for this game!

    submitted by /u/Zozy90
    [link] [comments]

    If you have an issue with potential elements of this game, you should really take a look at yourself.

    Posted: 06 May 2020 07:12 PM PDT

    I am not a straight white male. I am not white at all in fact. Of the hundreds if not thousands of games released in the last few decades, not even five of the major releases have centered around people who look like me. The games that have, received drastically less notoriety and overall sales compared to other iterations with white males. This hatred of anything not focused around straight white males is disgusting. To honestly believe that any story outside of that is not worthwhile because the idea of making anyone else visible is pandering. Pandering. Showing that anyone or anything else exists in this world is pandering? The world is a terrible place because it is filled with terrible people...it must be exhausting. As Aibileen would say, "Ain't you tired Mr's Hilly?"

    submitted by /u/KKaneki
    [link] [comments]

    When a hater cries about an “agenda” in The Last of Us Part II

    Posted: 06 May 2020 01:51 PM PDT

    I want to be clear with some people. Whether you agree or not with what Joel did in Part One (I do in a way), it was still wrong. What the fireflies did was also wrong, they didn’t give Ellie a choice. But neither did Joel. It was selfish, but tragically human but that’s just good writing.

    Posted: 06 May 2020 04:46 PM PDT

    Hello, it's sh*tpost-o-lock. The story of this game is going to wreck us hard. Who's ready to go on a feels trip?

    Posted: 06 May 2020 08:20 PM PDT

    We figured out where the tattoo came from

    Posted: 06 May 2020 09:18 AM PDT

    This. F*cking. Shot.

    Posted: 06 May 2020 07:16 AM PDT

    TLOU Pt2 leaks are not real according to Blackwoodz, I'm not sure where his source is from but we'll see in the video.

    Posted: 06 May 2020 01:21 PM PDT

    They say I look like this character from the trailer, so I made a comparison

    Posted: 06 May 2020 08:47 PM PDT

    Thank you

    Posted: 06 May 2020 05:15 PM PDT

    I just wanted to say a huge thank you to this sub reddit, you guys are always positive and work hard to make sure no leaks get out. You guys single handily restored my faith in the last of us comity! And for that I thank you!

    submitted by /u/Kermit-the-frog420
    [link] [comments]

    NO!! Ok? Just no. Absolutely nothing can convince me this will not be an amazing game after that trailer!

    Posted: 06 May 2020 07:12 AM PDT

    I cannot describe how good that was. Only a few games made me feel like I want to know every little bit of detail about it and this is clearly one of them. I was instantly put in the game's mood. Seeing their old character models with the new graphics was amazing. Seeing Ellie all beat up, seeing her do all these horrible things and wondering about the reason. It was amazing. I don't care how much others already hate the game. I will for sure love it!

    submitted by /u/murcielagoXO
    [link] [comments]

    It's beautiful

    Posted: 06 May 2020 09:47 AM PDT

    Joel and Ellie

    Posted: 06 May 2020 07:20 AM PDT

    Thoughts on the Story Trailer NO SPOILERS FOR THE GAME

    Posted: 06 May 2020 11:33 PM PDT

    To be honest I wrote no spoilers just because there is a huge amount of skepticism, well justified but, point being I don't know any spoilers. If you DM me to spoil me I won't even check it so save it.

    After repeatedly watching the story trailer I find myself thinking that it was different from the rest of footage they've shown. This wasn't building for an action moment, or a new kind of infected, or a good sounding phrase from a character, it was raw. It had music but it was barely there, quiet, just like a spectator. This trailer is not trying to make us feel anything. The trailer is just a bunch of decisions happening very quickly, showing us that this game is not even about us. It's about the characters and their story. Neil has said multiple times the game is about violence. We know that. But, do we? I mean, just check that trailer again. Everyone seems to be in disagreement with Ellie. Even Joel. Even him. Ellie is turning her back to Joel in the video. Why? What's going on? We know she's not a sweet kid anymore but to be honest, I think that's about it. I don't think I really know what she is or what she is going to become. And honestly I don't think I'm going to like it. I'm not saying this to criticize the game, it's the opposite. I cannot wait anymore to play it. But the experience from The Last of Us Part II will be something I'm not sure was done before. Certainly different from the first one. This is not for money, for critical praise, some might say for a statement but I don't think so. This is for the characters.

    In an article put by Variety, you can check it in Naughty Dog's official website, Neil is kind of constantly comparing The Last of Us Part II with The Godfather Part II. This showed me two things: first, now I know why it is "Part II" and not just "TLOU 2". Small detail. Anyway, have you seen that movie? Do you remember the ending? Michael Corleone kills his brother. Michael Corleone kills all his enemies, even when Tom Hagen questions him, Michael just says " I don't feel I have to wipe everybody out, Tom. Just my enemies ". Pure hate. Nothing else. This is not a spoiler, just a prediction based on the trailer. Is Ellie going to become that?

    Also, Neil has said in another interview, I don't remember where it is, that the inspiration for the first game was also a movie. It's called Children of Men, if you check it out it's amazing and it does have a lot of similarities with the game. It's about hope, loss and love. One of my favorite movies of all time. I'm pointing this out, just to take in consideration, that my theory of Part II being based in a movie is not insanity.

    submitted by /u/lpyax00
    [link] [comments]

    I’m guessing Joel isn’t a fan ���� (it’s not tlou2 spoilers) https://youtu.be/m47szHHeFOM

    Posted: 06 May 2020 10:50 PM PDT

    I did it!! After 7 months!

    Posted: 06 May 2020 07:31 PM PDT

    Watch out for the crazies.

    Posted: 06 May 2020 03:57 PM PDT

    I want to remind everyone to be careful. This awesome trailer is out now, and the game has gotten a huge amount of support back, but the more the haters and leakers see the game succeed the more they will lose it. Be careful because they are only going to ramp stuff up. Things are about to get crazy. On the positive side, it is more apparent than ever that this game will be successful.

    submitted by /u/shadowvanilla
    [link] [comments]

    A high profile YouTuber just put spoilers in their thumbnail....

    Posted: 06 May 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    Putting the warning out now that if your trying to follow TLoU2 non spoiler news to be careful as YouTube will recommend channels that literally put fucking spoilers on their thumbnail.

    A channel I used to watch called TheQuartering with over 700k subscribers has finally went there and did it for his thumbnail. I was spoiled already before that but for others that is pretty damn low of him to do. Been unsubscribed for awhile and YouTube still reccomended his channel to me.

    I used to think his commentary had something to it but I realized that it is nothing but clickbait and trying to push that "Get Woke Go Broke" line every chance he gets. While it's valid in some cases it is way overused and unnecessary in many situations. Naturally like flies on shit, he hopped on that TLoU2 controversy and tried to capitalize on it hardcore. He has made NINE VIDEOS in a single week. That's not to count his record for The Rise of Skywalker which is about 30 VIDEOS IN A SINGLE MONTH. Yes I went back to his channel and counted. Or his other record of Brie Larson/Captain Marvel videos which I'm not going to bother going back and counting those. I don't care for Brie Larson either but damn that dude will make a video on her at any possible moment.

    My point is that these controversies bring out the absolute worst in people and The Last of Us Part II is no exception. There will be influencers that you thought were once trustworthy, who will then sell all that trust away in order to bank on the controversy and obsess over it for them sweet clicks.

    Since the subreddit is on lockdown for good reason, those that were spoiled and want to chat about what I posted or about The Last of Us Part II in general, hit me up with a chat request. I'm down to talk about it so we as fans can vent a little on this crazy situation.

    submitted by /u/KhajiitHasWares2077
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment