• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 18, 2020

    The Last of Us | I expected a jump scare, got death instead

    The Last of Us | I expected a jump scare, got death instead


    I expected a jump scare, got death instead

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 03:15 PM PDT

    As of today, it has been exactly 2,500 days since the original release of The Last of Us (June 14, 2013)

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 07:16 AM PDT

    “Ellie’s journey”, done by me :)

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 12:13 PM PDT

    That’s a pretty fitting store to find in The Last of Us...

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 03:12 PM PDT

    Troy Baker has left Retro Replay

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 12:46 PM PDT

    Availability and morality: The Fireflies weren't saviors

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 05:25 AM PDT

    I've never posted on here, but after rewatching a playthrough in quarantine, I wanna give my take on the infamous vaccine choice Joel makes at the end. A lot of people talk about if "humanity was worth saving", but from what I've seen, there is not enough discussion on a logistical and political end (link me if there is!).

    If the Fireflies managed to make a vaccine, what would they do with it? I honestly don't think they would've gone around the world handing them out. It's expensive, it's hard to travel, and as Joel knows, it's hard to find people who won't shoot you on sight. It's more likely that the Fireflies would use the vaccine to control society. It gives them a power over others, and almost forces people to follow. They aren't really the most peaceful group, and I can't expect them to be too caring if the vaccine is difficult to produce.

    But even that scenario is unlikely. It takes Joel and Ellie three tries to even find the Fireflies, and human communication is at an all time low. It's likely that the vaccine wouldn't spread that fast. The Fireflies are looking to revert to the society of twenty years before the virus, but Joel knows that isn't possible, and that humanity has changed forever. Yes he is emotional, but he is honest. He won't let go of Ellie for an emotional reason, but it is his honesty with the terms of his situation that let's him decide that the possibility of a cure isn't worth it.

    Just my two cents, not sure if anybody is really gonna care about what I have to say when the game has been out for so long, but I felt like sharing! Also, please keep in mind that I have been doing my best to avoid Part 2 content until I can play the game (I just know the very basic info from a couple screenshots) and I'm very excited but I do not want to hear anything about confirmed plotlines and information from Part 2. So please keep it that way in this thread if you reply. Thanks <3

    EDIT: Another thing to think about: Not sure if this was discussed in any in-game collectibles, but would the vaccine be reactionary or preventative? I think a preventative vaccine would be a god-send, but idk how effective a reactionary one would be in the long term.

    submitted by /u/falczone
    [link] [comments]

    That's going to have to be a hard no from me, Amazon...

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 01:41 PM PDT

    One of the reasons I love Naughty Dog. Found this while playing Uncharted 4

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 03:02 PM PDT

    Very Beautiful Game

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 07:26 PM PDT

    Photo Mode Extravaganza

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 06:20 AM PDT

    Adopted two kittens recently and oh man, do they love watching TLOU!

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 10:22 AM PDT

    I thought my blanket would be appreciated here

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    Alright... house is clear

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 03:13 PM PDT

    Finally found time to platinum my favourite game!

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 07:40 PM PDT

    Enemy

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    Kaitlyn Dever up for playing Ellie in HBO’s The Last of Us

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    I was bored and I can't wait for TLoU sequel... so here is "The Last of Sims"

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 08:07 AM PDT

    After watching ‘The Invitation’ last night, Michiel Huisman would be the perfect ‘David’ for TLOU HBO series. There’s a scene where he’s creeping around with a big knife and it reminded me of him so much. Perfectly Creepy.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    Okay so basically I think we have our Ellie

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 12:41 PM PDT

    PlayStation unlisted the Outbreak Day 2019 trailer on YouTube

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 10:52 AM PDT

    Not sure what this truly means - but the most recent trailer (September 2019) has been hidden on PlayStation's YouTube account. It is no longer searchable and you can only access it by finding The Last of Us playlist. Along with the removal of the digital PSN pre-order, refunding customers and the indefinitely delayed status - I don't know what to think anymore. Endure and survive, friends! Be well!

    submitted by /u/WxManKyle
    [link] [comments]

    Sorry if This Has Been Mentioned Already

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 09:23 PM PDT

    I was looking in the playstation store today and noticed that in the avatar bundle the woman who gets killed in the Paris Games Week Trailer is named Emily as she has her own avatar. Why would they include an avatar for her unless she has a significant role in the story?

    submitted by /u/DoctorWho4224
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone explain why the title of the game has changed on IMDB?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 06:52 PM PDT

    Yo Joel, Vibe check!

    Posted: 18 Apr 2020 08:50 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment