• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 2, 2021

    The Last of Us | Things you've noticed people have missed/not noticed

    The Last of Us | Things you've noticed people have missed/not noticed


    Things you've noticed people have missed/not noticed

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 04:26 PM PDT

    I was bored recently and skimmed through heaps of let's plays and there were some interesting things I've noticed.

    A lot of people didn't seem to realise that Tommy was the sniper, even after playing through the whole scenario (this one is insane to me).

    Although it's much more subtle than Abby's transformation/deterioration people don't tend to recognise how much weight Ellie loses after Seattle.

    People think the fireflies Abby gets into contact with were the rattlers setting up a trap. This isn't true.

    It was painful to watch many people not climb the t-rex and jump, or walk right passed the "Take on me" scene, but that's understandable.

    People didn't notice that Yara kills Isaac. A lot happens very quickly in that scene though and I don't think it is technically shown, just that Yara gets shot repeatedly after Isaac gets dropped.

    That Ellie lives in the garage behind Joel's house.

    Some people thought that the voice Ellie puts on is actually JJ speaking (lmao).

    Ellie is wearing Joel's jacket when she leaves Jackson for Santa Barbara.

    This one is pretty small but the significance of the "It's a lead, I gotta see it through" line doesn't really get acknowledged.

    submitted by /u/Clearey
    [link] [comments]

    So this washed up in my Southern California town today..

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 06:51 AM PDT

    I’m sorry if I’m late to the party, but Ellie’s whack-bang-twist and smash with that hammer �� Bop-it! but make it violent.

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 03:53 AM PDT

    Was Ellie a Rat King?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 07:29 AM PDT

    Hear me out, I was replaying the game, and the time which Ellie chases Nora within the hospital is almost the exact same time Abby is being chased by the Rat King. They make references to this by having the WLFs say "why is the power on?" And you can also hear the rat king's roars while walking towards Nora in the basement.

    We all know ND loves it's parallels, and playing as Abby, that entire chase where you're the victim terrified of what's behind you and blocking your path. That's the same chase through the hospital. Nora is the victim.

    Except Ellie is way scarier than the Rat King.

    submitted by /u/waterloserZ
    [link] [comments]

    show Yara some love. she’s so headstrong

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 09:18 PM PDT

    From fearing death to not having a care in the world

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 12:30 PM PDT

    Citizen Kane is truly the TLOU of movies

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 03:53 AM PDT

    I made Ellie's journal from TLOU Part II

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 01:04 PM PDT

    Saw Some Familiar Sights in Seattle

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 05:47 PM PDT

    Ellie Variants - which do you prefer?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 12:42 PM PDT

    "Joel, get up" - stills from Project Spores

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 03:13 AM PDT

    How I fell into anti “woke” perceptions and avoided the game to my own detriment.

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 04:43 PM PDT

    When I first heard of this game it was undoubtedly the same way many people did.

    Portrayed in a negative light because of the physical appearance of Abbi and the preconceived idea of the story line.

    All I heard about was how it was a "woke" crowd pleaser aimed at the loudest voices on Twitter. A game to please the masses the inclusive crowd. The crowd that ruined Netflix the cancel crowd.

    I jumped on this band wagon as like many I feel this shouldn't have a place in gaming. Such as The attack on Cyberpunk having only two genders and the pressure from an online presence that at the core of it doesn't actually play games. I wanted this affliction to stay out of our games. Let us just have fun!

    For so long I avoid playing the last of us as some sort of statement. Even making comments against the game online.

    But here's the thing. I hadn't actually played it.

    In fact at the time I didn't even have a Playstation (pc master race).

    After picking up a console during lockdown I tried my hand at the last of us one.

    It was compelling enough but being a graphics snob I didn't get very far.

    Enter August 2021. The last of us 2 is on sale. I decide to give it a shot.

    First of all the game play and facial tracking of the actors is absolutely phenomenal.

    Let's put aside the fact it's an incredibly enjoyable game to play mechanically.

    The story is out of this world. It's moving, tear jerking and REAL. At any given time you know these characters! They are your neighbours your rivals your friends.

    Abbi's vulnerability, enhanced by her appearance. The intricacies of the main characters entwined relationships.

    This is a real story!!!

    TLDR I should never have been swept up by a group of people who are so instantly triggered by an idea or concept that they don't even give a game, a show or even a person a chance. Ironically this game teaches us that. I hope that anyone who gives this read a chance doesn't ever fall into the trap I did.

    Never judge a book by it's cover.

    submitted by /u/Skollie021
    [link] [comments]

    I love doing these oil paintings of my favourite characters, so here is another Ellie painting (OC)

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 09:53 AM PDT

    Check out my ongoing TLOU board game!

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 09:22 AM PDT

    Did you prefer the 1st or 2nd game more? Gameplay, story, visuals, etc? (Can we keep it civil? I want to see a respectful conversation)

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 11:19 AM PDT

    First playthrough as a proper adult - mesmerizing game

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 09:26 AM PDT

    Last os Us 2 dislikers, what's your vision of the game a year later?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 05:51 AM PDT

    Édit: thanks everyone for your contributions! I've read all of you and each comment brings something new. Love the peaceful discussion.

    Hello everyone,

    As this topic may be thorny, I probably should do some disclaimers first: I loved the first game to death, played it a dozen of times, read every lore content available and I'm currently in the top 1% (insert OF joke) Gustavo listeners on Spotify.

    I wanted fondly, hell I needed to love the sequel, but unfortunately I didn't. I was still haunted by the first game 6 years later, I played the sequel just once.

    My opinion on the game was pretty heated at the time, but now in hindsight I got to think of the game as the message the creators wanted to transmit and the fact is clear:

    The game has a powerful and brutally honest portrait of the human flawed nature in vengeance obviously as advertised before the release, but mostly regret and I painfully could relate to it.

    But to me, the plan was perfect, the execution was not.

    Now let's not get too much into the details,to me it was the scenario inconsistencies or easy options, the unbalanced writing of the secondary characters but mostly the structure chosen, It could've been the exact same scenes, in my humble opinion I wouldve been beguiled with just another chronology of events.

    What is your opinion on it? Have you just got over it? simply preferred to do as it never happened? Do you feel the same about the flaws of this game but love it anyway? if so I'd be glad to read your journey with this game.

    submitted by /u/Rhabcp
    [link] [comments]

    Abby is...

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 07:26 PM PDT

    This is an update post about my first playthrough of TLOU PT 2. Last post.

    So I finally know who Abby is and I was like "Oh so they already made us play through what Joel did to her", my initial theory was that Abby would be related to someone Joel wronged in his hunter days but as the fireflies incident kept being brought up, I realised that she must be related to someone in that incident. Smart choice to make it the surgeon (Jerry) as I believe that's one of the few people you HAVE to kill during that sequence.

    About Jerry, I absolute do not agree that what he was doing was right but it doesn't mean what Joel did was right either. While I have absolutely no regrets about what Joel did as I played the first part a little time ago before I began this one and get so mad every time the surgeon comes between me and protecting Ellie. However, I totally understand Abby killing Joel. No matter how dumb Jerry was, he was still her father so any person would do what Abby did. I just don't understand why Jerry wouldn't wait for Ellie's consent when I'm sure that it wasn't 100% that a cure would be found and it was a chance at least that's my guess from playing the first game. I would've felt more sympathetic towards the kill had it been Marlene since Joel just shoots her like a dog even she said she won't come after them. Jerry? I can understand Abby's anger and sadness, unfortunately, I can't relate to it.

    This game will make me mad if Abby or Joel (in a flashback) end up regretting their actions, Abby WOULD kill (and torture like Ellie added) Joel if he killed her father and Joel (or I as the player) would always agree upon killing the surgeon whenever I play the first part (probably my favourite game of all time). Both, Abby and Joel were stuck in a shitty situation and did what they thought was right and if either one of them says they shouldn't have done that then that would make me question the game's confidence in its narrative (so far, it has been compelling, complex and brilliant).

    Now, I am hyped to see what Abby was doing all this time Ellie was tracking her. Also, I hated the cliffhanger in the present timeline I was like "WHAT? NO!" when they went 4 years back. By the way, they should've changed Abby's face a bit imo during that 4 years back sequence like Owen as he looked almost unrecognisable and younger and Abby's facial features were about the same.

    The MVP for me in this game so far is Dina, she brings the little amount of hope in the game which I felt Ellie bring in the first game. A little sunshine in the cold world. R.I.P Jesse though, he was a good character that was growing on me and just bit the dust out of nowhere.

    Talking about the game itself, the gameplay is so good but it feels a bit mentally taxing, the violence and grim nature of things is sometimes too much for me to digest but it's an individual thing. Ashley Johnson and Laura Bailey (from what little I have heard of her so far) both deliver amazing performances, something I expect now from every ND game but this time, it's just too REAL. The emotional depth in their voices, great stuff.

    That was my reaction to the Abby reveal and I am loving the game so far, kindly share your thoughts but please don't spoil anything as I know little what's to come. Also, this is just MY opinion and in no way, objective facts.

    submitted by /u/PakistaniSenpai
    [link] [comments]

    Ellie protects the little creature when walking through laundry

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 11:44 PM PDT

    What happened with Joel’s marriage?

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 06:01 PM PDT

    I'm sure this has been asked before. I'm just curious what everyone thinks. It's never mentioned in part 2. In part one Joel shuts down the conversation immediately. I'm wondering what everyones theories are.

    submitted by /u/younguncie
    [link] [comments]

    Got my own variation of Ellie's tattoo!

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 09:38 AM PDT

    An artistic display. Some more plants and a plaster casted hand to be added soon.

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 07:28 AM PDT

    Burial

    Posted: 01 Sep 2021 07:44 PM PDT

    What did everyone do with their loved ones bodies? Like did they even have the time to give them proper burials?

    -Joel with Sarah -Joel and Ellie with Sam and Henry -Abby with Owen, Mel, and Alice (was she able to also go back to Manny) -Did Ellie, Dina, and injured Tommy trek Jesse's body back to Jackson?

    Unfortunately with Tess and Yara they weren't able to go back.

    submitted by /u/werehunnybadger
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment